Subject: RFC 6592 on The Null Packet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 09:03:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6592

        Title:      The Null Packet 
        Author:     C. Pignataro
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2012 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11036
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-pignataro-the-null-packet-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6592.txt

The ever-elusive Null Packet received numerous mentions in documents
in the RFC series, but it has never been explicitly defined.  This
memo corrects that omission.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC