Subject: RFC 6556 on Testing Eyeball Happiness

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:12:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6556

        Title:      Testing Eyeball Happiness 
        Author:     F. Baker
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23727
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-baker-bmwg-testing-eyeball-happiness-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6556.txt

The amount of time it takes to establish a session using common
transport APIs in dual-stack networks and networks with filtering
such as proposed in BCP 38 is a barrier to IPv6 deployment.  This
note describes a test that can be used to determine whether an
application can reliably establish sessions quickly in a complex
environment such as dual-stack (IPv4+IPv6) deployment or IPv6
deployment with multiple prefixes and upstream ingress filtering.
This test is not a test of a specific algorithm, but of the external
behavior of the system as a black box.  Any algorithm that has the
intended external behavior will be accepted by it.  This document is 
not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC