Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-codec-opus-12.txt> (Definition of the Opus Audio Codec) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:20:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Wideband Audio Codec WG
(codec) to consider the following document:
- 'Definition of the Opus Audio Codec'
  <draft-ietf-codec-opus-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the Opus interactive speech and audio codec.
   Opus is designed to handle a wide range of interactive audio
   applications, including Voice over IP, videoconferencing, in-game
   chat, and even live, distributed music performances.  It scales from
   low bitrate narrowband speech at 6 kb/s to very high quality stereo
   music at 510 kb/s.  Opus uses both linear prediction (LP) and the
   Modified Discrete Cosine Transform (MDCT) to achieve good compression
   of both speech and music.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-opus/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-opus/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1712/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1602/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1445/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1446/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1447/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1741/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1670/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1520/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1524/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1525/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1526/