Subject: Last Call: <draft-polk-ipr-disclosure-03.txt> (Promoting Compliance with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Disclosure Rules) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:27:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Promoting Compliance with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
   Disclosure Rules'
  <draft-polk-ipr-disclosure-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The disclosure process for intellectual property rights (IPR) in
   documents produced within the IETF stream is essential to the
   accurate development of community consensus.  However, this process
   is not always followed by participants during IETF standardization.
   Regardless of the cause or motivation, noncompliance with IPR
   disclosure rules can derail or delay completion of standards
   documents.  This document describes strategies for promoting
   compliance with the IPR disclosure rules.  The strategies are
   primarily intended for area directors, working group chairs, and
   working group secretaries.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-polk-ipr-disclosure/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-polk-ipr-disclosure/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.