Subject: Protocol Action: 'Translation of SMIv2 MIB Modules to YANG Modules' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:41:37 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Translation of SMIv2 MIB Modules to YANG Modules'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a translation of
   SMIv2 MIB modules into YANG modules, enabling read-only
   access to data objects defined in SMIv2 MIB modules via NETCONF.

Working Group Summary

   The normal WG process was followed and the document has been
   discussed extensively. The document reflects WG consensus,
   with nothing special worth noting.

Document Quality

   The document was extensively reviewed and there are two
   independent implementations.

Personnel

   David Kessens is the Document Shepherd.
   Dan Romascanu was the first responsible Area Director.
   Benoit Claise is the current responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

OLD:

   This document describes a translation of SMIv2 [RFC2578], [RFC2579],
   [RFC2580] MIB modules into YANG [RFC6020] modules, enabling read-only
   (config false) access to SMIv2 objects defined in SMIv2 MIB modules
   via NETCONF [RFC6241].

NEW:

   This document describes a translation of SMIv2 [RFC2578], [RFC2579],
   [RFC2580] MIB modules into YANG [RFC6020] modules, enabling read-only
   (config false, as defined in section 7.19.1 of RFC 6020) access to SMIv2 objects
   defined in SMIv2 MIB modules via NETCONF [RFC6241].