Subject: Protocol Action: 'Rebind Capability in DHCPv6 Reconfigure Messages' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:21:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Rebind Capability in DHCPv6 Reconfigure Messages'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind-10.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 3315 to allow the Rebind message type to
   appear in the Reconfigure Message option of a Reconfigure message,
   which extends the Reconfigure message to allow a DHCPv6 server to
   cause a DHCPv6 client to send a Rebind message.  The document also
   clarifies how a DHCPv6 client responds to a received Reconfigure
   message.

Working Group Summary

   This document received a thorough review by the WG, and had broad
   support.

Document Quality

   We are not aware of any implementations.

Personnel

   Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> is the Document
   Shepherd.  Brian Haberman is the Responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

The last sentence of Section 7 should be changed from:

OLD:
   Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) [RFC3972], can provide
   source address ownership validation, message origin authentication
   and message integrity without requesting symmetric key pairs or
   supporting from any key management system.

NEW:
     Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) [RFC3972] can provide
     source address (for the DHCP server/relay) ownership validation,
     message origin authentication, and message integrity without
     requiring symmetric key pairs or support from a key management
     system.