Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme-04.txt> (The "about" URI Scheme) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:57:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'The "about" URI Scheme'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document specifies the "about" URI scheme, which is widely used
   by web browsers and some other applications to designate access to
   their internal resources, such as settings, application information,
   hidden built-in functionality, and so on.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.