Subject: RFC 6594 on Use of the SHA-256 Algorithm with RSA, Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA), and Elliptic Curve DSA (ECDSA) in SSHFP Resource Records

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:13:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6594

        Title:      Use of the SHA-256 Algorithm 
                    with RSA, Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA), 
                    and Elliptic Curve DSA (ECDSA) in 
                    SSHFP Resource Records 
        Author:     O. Sury
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17418
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-os-ietf-sshfp-ecdsa-sha2-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6594.txt

This document updates the IANA registries in RFC 4255, which defines
SSHFP, a DNS Resource Record (RR) that contains a standard Secure
Shell (SSH) key fingerprint used to verify SSH host keys using DNS
Security Extensions (DNSSEC).  This document defines additional
options supporting SSH public keys applying the Elliptic Curve
Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) and the implementation of
fingerprints computed using the SHA-256 message digest algorithm in
SSHFP Resource Records.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC