Subject: RFC 6568 on Design and Application Spaces for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:50:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6568

        Title:      Design and Application Spaces for 
                    IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area 
                    Networks (6LoWPANs) 
        Author:     E. Kim, D. Kaspar,
                    JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 64728
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lowpan-usecases-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6568.txt

This document investigates potential application scenarios and use
cases for low-power wireless personal area networks (LoWPANs).  This
document provides dimensions of design space for LoWPAN applications.
A list of use cases and market domains that may benefit and motivate
the work currently done in the 6LoWPAN Working Group is provided with
the characteristics of each dimension.  A complete list of practical
use cases is not the goal of this document.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC