Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format-01.txt> (IPv4-Embedded IPv6 Multicast Address Format) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:33:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv4-Embedded IPv6 Multicast Address Format'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format-01.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an extension to the IPv6 multicast addressing
   architecture to be used in the context of IPv4-IPv6 interconnection.
   In particular, this document defines an address format for IPv4-
   embedded IPv6 multicast addresses.  This address format can be used
   for IPv4-IPv6 translation or encapsulation schemes.

   This document updates RFC4291.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.