Subject: RFC 6529 on Host/Host Protocol for the ARPA Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:11:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6529

        Title:      Host/Host Protocol for the ARPA 
                    Network 
        Author:     A. McKenzie, S. Crocker
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 69527
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mckenzie-arpanet-host-host-protocol-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6529.txt

This document reproduces the Host/Host Protocol developed by the ARPA
Network Working Group during 1969, 1970, and 1971.  It describes a
protocol used to manage communication between processes residing on
independent Hosts.  It addresses issues of multiplexing multiple
streams of communication (including addressing, flow control, connection
establishment/disestablishment, and other signaling) over a single hardware
interface.  It was the official protocol of the ARPA Network from January
1972 until the switch to TCP/IP in January 1983.  It is offered as an RFC 
at this late date to help complete the historical record available through 
the RFC series.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for the historical record.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC