Subject: RFC 6596 on The Canonical Link Relation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6596

        Title:      The Canonical Link Relation 
        Author:     M. Ohye, J. Kupke
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 13800
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ohye-canonical-link-relation-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6596.txt

RFC 5988 specifies a way to define relationships between links on the
web.  This document describes a new type of such a relationship,
"canonical", to designate an Internationalized Resource Identifier
(IRI) as preferred over resources with duplicative content.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC