Subject: RFC 6589 on Considerations for Transitioning Content to IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:19:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6589

        Title:      Considerations for Transitioning Content to 
                    IPv6 
        Author:     J. Livingood
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 68822
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6589.txt

This document describes considerations for the transition of end-user
content on the Internet to IPv6.  While this is tailored to address
end-user content, which is typically web-based, many aspects of this
document may be more broadly applicable to the transition to IPv6 of
other applications and services.  This document explores the
challenges involved in the transition to IPv6, potential migration
tactics, possible migration phases, and other considerations.  The
audience for this document is the Internet community generally,
particularly IPv6 implementers.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC