Subject: RFC 6587 on Transmission of Syslog Messages over TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:18:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6587

        Title:      Transmission of Syslog Messages over 
                    TCP 
        Author:     R. Gerhards, C. Lonvick
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21006
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gerhards-syslog-plain-tcp-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6587.txt

There have been many implementations and deployments of legacy syslog
over TCP for many years.  That protocol has evolved without being
standardized and has proven to be quite interoperable in practice.
This memo describes how TCP has been used as a transport for syslog
messages.  This document defines a Historic Document for the Internet 
community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC