Subject: RFC 6307 on Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Fibre Channel Traffic over MPLS Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:17:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6307

        Title:      Encapsulation Methods for Transport of 
                    Fibre Channel Traffic over MPLS Networks 
        Author:     D. Black, Ed.,
                    L. Dunbar, Ed.,
                    M. Roth, R. Solomon
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 49421
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6307.txt

A Fibre Channel pseudowire (PW) is used to carry Fibre Channel
traffic over an MPLS network.  This enables service providers to take
advantage of MPLS to offer "emulated" Fibre Channel services.  This
document specifies the encapsulation of Fibre Channel traffic within
a pseudowire.  It also specifies the common procedures for using a PW
to provide a Fibre Channel service.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC