Subject: RFC 6329 on IS-IS Extensions Supporting IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:00:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6329

        Title:      IS-IS Extensions Supporting IEEE 802.1aq 
                    Shortest Path Bridging 
        Author:     D. Fedyk, Ed.,
                    P. Ashwood-Smith, Ed.,
                    D. Allan, A. Bragg,
                    P. Unbehagen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 88465
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6329.txt

802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) has been standardized by the IEEE
as the next step in the evolution of the various spanning tree and
registration protocols.  802.1aq allows for true shortest path
forwarding in a mesh Ethernet network context utilizing multiple equal
cost paths.  This permits it to support much larger Layer 2 topologies,
with faster convergence, and vastly improved use of the mesh
topology.  Combined with this is single point provisioning for logical
connectivity membership, which includes point-to-point,
point-to-multipoint, and multipoint-to-multipoint variations.  This
memo documents the IS-IS changes required to support this IEEE
protocol and provides some context and examples.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:02:28 -0700

Greetings All,

Please disregard this announcement.  A corrected announcement will be
sent shortly.

Thank you,
RFC Editor