Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for PWid and Generalized PWid FEC Elements' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:38:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LDP Typed Wildcard FEC for PWid and Generalized PWid FEC Elements'
  (draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec-03.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-typed-wc-fec/

Technical Summary

 The "Typed Wildcard Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC) Element" 
 defines an extension to the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) that 
 can be used when it is desired to request or withdraw or release all 
 label bindings for a given FEC Element type.  However, a typed 
 wildcard FEC element must be individually defined for each FEC 
 element type.  This specification defines the typed wildcard FEC 
 elements for the PWid (0x80) and Generalized PWid (0x81) FEC element 
 types. 

Working Group Summary

There was solid consensus in the working group regarding this draft,
no controversy or anything rough.

Document Quality

At least one implementation is in progress, but has not yet been deployed.
There may be additional vendors with plans to implement.

The draft received a good WG last call, which resulted in comments
and a new revision. No particular expert review was necessary.

Personnel

Andrew Malis is the Document Shepherd
Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director

RFC Editor Note

In the Security Section

OLD
No new security considerations beyond that apply to the base LDP 
specification [RFC5036], [RFC4447], [RFC4762], and [RFC5920] apply to 
the use of the PW Typed Wildcard FEC Element types described in this 
document. 

NEW
No new security considerations beyond that apply to LDP 
specifications [RFC5036], [RFC4447], [RFC4762], [RFC5918] and [RFC5920] apply to 
the use of the PW Typed Wildcard FEC Element types described in this 
document. 

END

Please add an informative reference to RFC5918

 S2: R bit: r/Must/MUST