Subject: RFC 6593 on Service Undiscovery Using Hide-and-Go-Seek for the Domain Pseudonym System (DPS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 09:03:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6593

        Title:      Service Undiscovery Using Hide-and-Go-Seek for 
                    the Domain Pseudonym System (DPS) 
        Author:     C. Pignataro, J. Clarke,
                    G. Salgueiro
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2012 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16752
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-joegonzalocarlos-service-hide-n-seek-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6593.txt

With the ubiquitous success of service discovery techniques, curious
clients are faced with an increasing overload of service instances
and options listed when they browse for services.  A typical domain
may contain web servers, remote desktop servers, printers, file servers, video
content servers, automatons, Points of Presence using artificial intelligence,
etc., all advertising their presence.  Unsurprisingly, it
is expected that some protocols and services will choose the comfort
of anonymity and avoid discovery.

This memo describes a new experimental protocol for this purpose
utilizing the Domain Pseudonym System (DPS), and discusses strategies
for its successful implementation and deployment.  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC