Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset-03.txt> (Update to MIME regarding Charset Parameter Handling in Textual Media Types) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:28:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Update to MIME regarding Charset Parameter Handling in Textual Media
   Types'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document changes RFC 2046 rules regarding default charset
   parameter values for text/* media types to better align with common
   usage by existing clients and servers.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Discussion of this draft should take place on the Apps Area Working
   Group mailing list ([email-masked]), which is archived at
   <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss>.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.