Subject: RFC 6595 on A Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) and GSS-API Mechanism for the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:02:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6595

        Title:      A Simple Authentication and Security 
                    Layer (SASL) and GSS-API Mechanism for 
                    the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 
        Author:     K. Wierenga, E. Lear,
                    S. Josefsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 49522
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6595.txt

The Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) has found its usage on
the Internet for Web Single Sign-On.  The Simple Authentication and
Security Layer (SASL) and the Generic Security Service Application
Program Interface (GSS-API) are application frameworks to generalize
authentication.  This memo specifies a SASL mechanism and a GSS-API
mechanism for SAML 2.0 that allows the integration of existing SAML
Identity Providers with applications using SASL and GSS-API.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC