Subject: RFC 6586 on Experiences from an IPv6-Only Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6586

        Title:      Experiences from an IPv6-Only Network 
        Author:     J. Arkko, A. Keranen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 52062
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-arkko-ipv6-only-experience-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6586.txt

This document discusses our experiences from moving a small number of
users to an IPv6-only network, with access to the IPv4-only parts of
the Internet via a NAT64 device.  The document covers practical
experiences as well as roadblocks and opportunities for this type of
a network setup.  The document also makes some recommendations about
where such networks are applicable and what should be taken into
account in the network design.  The document also discusses further
work that is needed to make IPv6-only networking applicable in all
environments.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC