Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option-10.txt> (Access Network Identifier (ANI) Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:37:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Access Network Identifier (ANI) Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The local mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain is able to
   provide access network and access operator specific handling or
   policing of the mobile node traffic using information about the
   access network to which the mobile node is attached.  This
   specification defines a mechanism and a related mobility option for
   carrying the access network identifier and the access operator
   identification information from the mobile access gateway to the
   local mobility anchor over Proxy Mobile IPv6.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.