Subject: RFC 6580 on IANA Registries for the Remote Direct Data Placement (RDDP) Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:12:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6580

        Title:      IANA Registries for the Remote 
                    Direct Data Placement (RDDP) Protocols 
        Author:     M. Ko, D. Black
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17613
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6580.txt

The original RFCs that specified the Remote Direct Data Placement
(RDDP) protocol suite did not create IANA registries for RDDP
error codes, operation codes, and function codes.  Extensions to
the RDDP protocols now require these registries to be created.
This memo creates the RDDP registries, populates them with values
defined in the original RDDP RFCs, and provides guidance to IANA
for future assignment of code points within these registries.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC