Subject: Protocol Action: 'Channel Binding Support for EAP Methods' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-emu-chbind-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:39:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Channel Binding Support for EAP Methods'
  (draft-ietf-emu-chbind-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the EAP Method Update Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-chbind/

Technical Summary

   This document defines how to implement channel bindings for
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) methods to address
   the lying NAS as well as the lying provider problem.

Working Group Summary

   This document has had extensive review in the EMU working
   group. The document has clear applicability in ABFAB and
   Network Access use cases.

Document Quality

   Project Moonshot, an ABFAB implementation, is working on an
   implementation of this document. 

Personnel

  Joe Salowey ([email-masked]), EMU working group co-chair, is the
  Working Group Shepherd for this document.
  Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Two things:

1) s9.1: r/subvirt/subvert

2) Title page (xml2rfc fun on the title page):

OLD:

                                         T. Clancy
                  Department of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science

NEW:

                                         T. Clancy
                                   Virginia Tech