Subject: RFC 6612 on Interactions between Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) and Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6): Scenarios and Related Issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6612

        Title:      Interactions between Proxy Mobile IPv6 
                    (PMIPv6) and Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6): Scenarios 
                    and Related Issues 
        Author:     G. Giaretta, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40116
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netlmm-mip-interactions-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6612.txt

The use of Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) and Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) in the
same network requires some care.  This document discusses scenarios
where such mixed usage is appropriate and points out the need for
interaction between the two mechanisms.  Solutions and
recommendations to enable these scenarios are also described.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC