Subject: Call for Papers: IAB/IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive Real-Time Communication, July 28, 2012 Vancouver, Canada

From: "IAB Chair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:47:49 -0700

IAB / IRTF Workshop on
Congestion Control for Interactive
Real-Time Communication

July 28, 2012
Vancouver, Canada

The IAB and IRTF will hold a workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive
Real-Time Communication" in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday, July 28th, 2012
prior to the IETF-84 meeting (see
<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/index.html>
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/index.html).  Participation at the workshop
is free of charge. There is no requirement to either register with or attend
the IETF-84 meeting that follows the workshop. 

The workshop organizers would like to foster a discussion on:

1.	What are appropriate congestion signals to use for interactive media
and data?
2.	What existing congestion control algorithms are appropriate for
interactive media and data? What properties would be desirable in new
congestion control algorithms?
3.	Measurement and/or simulations of new congestion signals (e.g.,
delay-based) and their interaction with existing congestion control
mechanisms.
4.	What are good available techniques for adjusting sending rates for
interactive media and data? What are the limits of those techniques? What
properties would be desirable in new techniques?
5.	What application-specific considerations have to be taken into
account?
6.	How can we ensure that real-time communications are well-behaved
with respect to other Internet applications while still providing good
quality?
7.	What should the IETF and/or IRTF do?

The organizers seek position papers on any or all of these topics, as well
as other topics related to congestion control for interactive realtime
media.

Every prospective workshop participant must submit a position paper
containing a name and an email address. Authors of accepted papers will be
invited to the workshop. Papers up to 3 pages, formatted in HTML, PDF, or
plain text (for example, as a submitted Internet-Draft) are ideal. Accepted
position papers will be published.  Additional details about the meeting
venue will be provided to authors of accepted papers.

Important Dates

Position paper submission deadline:          June 23, 2012
Notification to paper authors:                       June 30, 2012
Workshop date:                                             July 28, 2012

Additional Details

Additional details on the workshop as well as the submission process is
available at http://www.iab.org/cc-workshop/

Contact

To sponsors: If you are interested to help us working towards better
interactive media congestion control mechanisms on the Internet (such as by
making a contribution towards catering costs and room rental), please
contact us!

In case of questions please send email to mary.ietf.barnes at gmail.com.