Subject: RFC 6633 on Deprecation of ICMP Source Quench Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6633

        Title:      Deprecation of ICMP Source Quench 
                    Messages 
        Author:     F. Gont
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16367
        Updates:    RFC0792, RFC1122, RFC1812

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6633.txt

This document formally deprecates the use of ICMP Source Quench
messages by transport protocols, formally updating RFC 792, RFC 1122,
and RFC 1812.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC