Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-15.txt> (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) IPv4 and IPv6 Option for a Location Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:48:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) IPv4 and IPv6 Option for a
   Location Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document creates a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
   Option for transmitting a client's geolocation Uniform Resource
   Identifier (URI). This Location URI can then be dereferenced in a
   separate transaction by the client or sent to another entity and
   dereferenced to learn physically where the client is located.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.