Subject: Document Action: 'S/MIME Capabilities for Public Key Definitions' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:15:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'S/MIME Capabilities for Public Key Definitions'
  (draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps/

Technical Summary

This document defines a set of S/MIME Capability types for ASN.1
encoding for the current set of public key algorithms identified in
the PKIX working group. This enables a requester to specify
information on the public keys and signature algorithms to be used
in responses. An example of where this is used is the OCSP Agility
draft.

Working Group Summary

There were no significant issues about the document that were raised
during the WG process, as such the changes represent the consensus of
the active participants on the document

Document Quality

No known implementations of the work currently exist. The author
does not know if there has been any active work in getting the
algorithm agility work for OCSP rolled out.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Stephen Kent.
Responsible Area Director: Sean Turner.