Subject: Protocol Action: 'SHA-2 Data Integrity Verification for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 07:42:03 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SHA-2 Data Integrity Verification for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport
   Layer Protocol'
  (draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh/

Technical Summary

  This memo defines algorithm names and parameters for use of some of
  the SHA-2 family of secure hash algorithms for data integrity
  verification in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.  It also updates
  RFC4253 by specifying a new RECOMMENDED data integrity
  algorithm.

Working Group Summary

  This document was discussed on the mailing list of the former
  Secure Shell working group.  While the working group concluded
  in 2006, the mailing list has remained an active forum for SSH
  implementors and the venue of choice for discussion of extensions
  to the SSH protocol.

Document Quality

  The algorithms specified in this document have been successfully
  implemented in multiple SSH implementations.

Personnel

  The Document Shepherd for this document is Jeffrey Hutzelman.
  The responsible Area Director is Sean Turner.