Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-extension-04.txt> (TRILL: Header Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:17:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Header Extension'
  <draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-extension-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) base
   protocol specifies minimal hooks to safely support TRILL Header
   extensions. This document specifies an initial extension providing
   additional flag bits and specifies two of those bits.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-extension/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-extension/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.