Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-10.txt> (Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) Encapsulation for NAT Traversal (DCCP-UDP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:20:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol WG (dccp) to consider the following document:
- 'Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) Encapsulation for NAT
   Traversal (DCCP-UDP)'
  <draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an alternative encapsulation of the Datagram
   Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP), referred to as DCCP-UDP.  This
   encapsulation allows DCCP to be carried through the current
   generation of Network Address Translation (NAT) middleboxes without
   modification of those middleboxes.  This document also updates the
   SDP information for DCCP defined in RFC 5762.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.