Subject: SECOND Last Call: <draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-13.txt> (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol extension for Message Transfer Priorities) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 07:31:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Simple Mail Transfer Protocol extension for Message Transfer
   Priorities'
  <draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

A Last Call was made previously for this document, and the Last Call
comments resulted in a substantial rewrite, separating out some
work into a separate draft (draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-tunneling-00),
which will be send out for a separate Last Call soon.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo defines an extension to the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer
   Protocol) service whereby messages are sent with a priority to enable
   receivers to take this into account for onward processing, with the
   general goal of processing and/or transferring higher priority
   messages first.

Note that there is a down-reference in this document: There is a normative reference to RFC 2033 (LMTP), which is Informational.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-smtp-priority/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-smtp-priority/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.