Subject: RFC 6610 on DHCP Options for Home Information Discovery in Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:00:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6610

        Title:      DHCP Options for Home Information 
                    Discovery in Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) 
        Author:     H. Jang, A. Yegin,
                    K. Chowdhury, J. Choi,
                    T. Lemon
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36878
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6610.txt

This document defines a DHCP-based scheme to enable dynamic discovery
of Mobile IPv6 home network information.  New DHCP options are
defined that allow a mobile node to request the home agent IP
address, Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN), or home network prefix
and obtain it via the DHCP response.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC