Subject: RFC 6602 on Bulk Binding Update Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 16:59:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6602

        Title:      Bulk Binding Update Support for 
                    Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     F. Abinader, Ed.,
                    S. Gundavelli, Ed.,
                    K. Leung, 
                    S. Krishnan,
                    D. Premec
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 56348
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6602.txt

For extending the lifetime of a mobility session, the Proxy Mobile
IPv6 specification requires the mobile access gateway to send a Proxy
Binding Update message to the local mobility anchor on a per-session
basis.  In the absence of signaling semantics for performing
operations with group-specific scope, this results in a significant
amount of signaling traffic on a periodic basis between a given
mobile access gateway and a local mobility anchor.  This document
defines optimizations to the binding update and revocation operations
in Proxy Mobile IPv6 for performing operations with group-specific
scope with the use of a group identifier.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC