Subject: RFC 6616 on A Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) and Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism for OpenID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:38:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6616

        Title:      A Simple Authentication and Security 
                    Layer (SASL) and Generic Security Service 
                    Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism for 
                    OpenID 
        Author:     E. Lear, H. Tschofenig,
                    H. Mauldin, S. Josefsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39323
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-openid-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6616.txt

OpenID has found its usage on the Internet for Web Single Sign-On.
Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) and the Generic
Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) are
application frameworks to generalize authentication.  This memo
specifies a SASL and GSS-API mechanism for OpenID that allows the
integration of existing OpenID Identity Providers with applications
using SASL and GSS-API.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC