Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-09.txt> (Improved Recursive DNS Server Selection for Multi-Interfaced Nodes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:35:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiple Interfaces WG (mif) to
consider the following document:
- 'Improved Recursive DNS Server Selection for Multi-Interfaced Nodes'
  <draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A multi-interfaced node is connected to multiple networks, some of
   which may be utilizing private DNS namespaces.  A node commonly
   receives recursive DNS server configuration information from all
   connected networks.  Some of the recursive DNS servers may have
   information about namespaces other servers do not have.  When a
   multi-interfaced node needs to utilize DNS, the node has to choose
   which of the recursive DNS servers to contact to.  This document
   describes DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options that can be used to configure
   nodes with information required to perform informed recursive DNS
   server selection decisions.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.  The
following IPR declaration may be related to this I-D:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1103/