Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for <draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-dns-05.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:44:13 -0700

The IESG has completed a review of <draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-dns> consistent
with RFC5742.  This review is applied to all non-IETF streams.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'DNS Resource Records for
ILNP' <draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-dns-05.txt> as an Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-dns/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the history log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-dns/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document defines several new optional data Resource
   Records.  This note specifies the syntax and other items
   required for independent implementations of these DNS resource
   records.  The reader is assumed to be familiar with the basics
   of DNS, including familiarity with [RFC1034] [RFC1035].

   The concept of using DNS to support mobile nodes or mobile
   networks has been proposed earlier, more than once,
   independently, by several other researchers; for example,
   please see [SB00] [SBK01] and [PHG02].

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the IRTF Routing RG.

Document Quality

   Ralph Droms reviewed the document according to RFC 5742 and
   recommends responding that the IESG has no problem with the
   publication of 'DNS Resource Records for ILNP'
   <draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-dns-02.txt> as an Experimental RFC, along with
   the RFC Editor Note below.

   Note that IANA will request Expert Review and review on the dnsext
   mailing list for allocation of the requested Data RRTYPE values.

Personnel

   Tony Li <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.  Ralph
   Droms <[email-masked]> is managing the IESG review.

RFC Editor Note

   The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
   in WGs HIP and LISP, but this relationship does not prevent
   publishing.