Subject: Protocol Action: 'Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:21:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment'
  (draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a Gateway-Initiated Dual-Stack lite
   (GI-DS-lite) applicable to certain tunnel-based access
   architectures. GI-DS-lite extends existing access tunnels beyond
   the access gateway to an IPv4-IPv4 NAT using softwires.

Working Group Summary

   This document was discussed in depth and well-reviewed. The overall
   WG consensus is strong to publish this document.

   As discussed during the first IESG review of IPR disclosure
   datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1630, the patent to which the disclosure
   refers is available, at present, only in Chinese.  In response to
   the IESG discussion, the WG was asked to reconsider and comment on
   its decision to progress this document.  There was no response to
   the request for discussion.  Therefore, the document will be
   returned to the IETF for review in its current state.

Document Quality

   As far as we know, there are no existing implementations now, but
   some vendors have plans to implement and release the related
   product.

Personnel

   Yong Cui <[email-masked]> is the Document Shepherd.  Ralph
   Droms <[email-masked]> is the Responsible AD.