Subject: RFC 6618 on Mobile IPv6 Security Framework Using Transport Layer Security for Communication between the Mobile Node and Home Agent

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:39:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6618

        Title:      Mobile IPv6 Security Framework Using 
                    Transport Layer Security for Communication between 
                    the Mobile Node and Home Agent 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    B. Patil, 
                    H. Tschofenig,
                    D. Kroeselberg
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 87475
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6618.txt

Mobile IPv6 signaling between a Mobile Node (MN) and its Home Agent
(HA) is secured using IPsec.  The security association (SA) between
an MN and the HA is established using Internet Key Exchange Protocol
(IKE) version 1 or 2.  The security model specified for Mobile IPv6,
which relies on IKE/IPsec, requires interaction between the Mobile
IPv6 protocol component and the IKE/IPsec module of the IP stack.
This document proposes an alternate security framework for Mobile
IPv6 and Dual-Stack Mobile IPv6, which relies on Transport Layer
Security for establishing keying material and other bootstrapping
parameters required to protect Mobile IPv6 signaling and data traffic
between the MN and HA.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC