Subject: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task Force) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:56:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task
   Force'
  <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> as Informational RFC

The Tao of the IETF has grown a bit stale.  For example, many of the
tasks that were requested by email are now done with online tools,
completely avoiding manual intervention by the Secretariat.  This is
an effort to refresh the document.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the inner workings of IETF meetings and
   Working Groups, discusses organizations related to the IETF, and
   introduces the standards process.  It is not a formal IETF process
   document but instead an informational overview.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-tao4677bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-tao4677bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.