Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for <draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-09.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:26:42 -0700

The IESG has completed a review of <draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet> consistent
with RFC5742.  This review is applied to all non-IETF streams.

The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this document
and IETF work.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Probabilistic Routing
Protocol for Intermittently Connected Networks'
<draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-09.txt> as an Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the history log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document defines PRoPHET, a Probabilistic Routing Protocol using
   History of Encounters and Transitivity.  PRoPHET is a variant of the
   epidemic routing protocol for intermittently connected networks that
   operates by pruning the epidemic distribution tree to minimize
   resource usage while still attempting to achieve the best case
   routing capabilities of epidemic routing.  It is intended for use in
   sparse mesh networks where there is no guarantee that a fully
   connected path between source and destination exists at any time,
   rendering traditional routing protocols unable to deliver messages
   between hosts.  These networks are examples of networks where there
   is a disparity between the latency requirements of applications and
   the capabilities of the underlying network (networks often referred
   to as Delay- and Disruption-Tolerant).  The document presents an
   architectural overview followed by the protocol specification.

Working Group Summary

   This document is the product of the IRTF.

   This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
   Group within the IRTF. It has been reviewed by that group and no 
   objection to its publication as an RFC was raised.

Document Quality

   It is believed that there have been implementations and 
   experimentation as described in the document.

Personnel

   Stephen Farrell ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) carried out the RFC5742 review.

RFC Editor Note

      The IESG has review this document according to RFC 5742 and has
      concluded that there is no conflict between this document and IETF
      work.

      The IESG makes no request for the inclusion of an IESG note in 
      this document.