Subject: RFC 6636 on Tuning the Behavior of the Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) for Routers in Mobile and Wireless Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6636

        Title:      Tuning the Behavior of the 
                    Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and 
                    Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) for Routers 
                    in Mobile and Wireless Networks 
        Author:     H. Asaeda, H. Liu,
                    Q. Wu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 30261
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6636.txt

The Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener
Discovery (MLD) are the protocols used by hosts and multicast routers
to exchange their IP multicast group memberships with each other.
This document describes ways to achieve IGMPv3 and MLDv2 protocol
optimization for mobility and aims to become a guideline for the
tuning of IGMPv3/MLDv2 Queries, timers, and counter values.  This 
document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC