Subject: RFC 6637 on Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) in OpenPGP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:49:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6637

        Title:      Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) in 
                    OpenPGP 
        Author:     A. Jivsov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31532
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jivsov-openpgp-ecc-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6637.txt

This document defines an Elliptic Curve Cryptography extension to
the OpenPGP public key format and specifies three Elliptic Curves
that enjoy broad support by other standards, including standards
published by the US National Institute of Standards and
Technology.  The document specifies the conventions for
interoperability between compliant OpenPGP implementations that
make use of this extension and these Elliptic Curves.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC