Subject: RFC 6647 on Email Greylisting: An Applicability Statement for SMTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6647

        Title:      Email Greylisting: An Applicability Statement 
                    for SMTP 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy, D. Crocker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38097
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6647.txt

This document describes the art of email greylisting, the practice of
providing temporarily degraded service to unknown email clients as an
anti-abuse mechanism.

Greylisting is an established mechanism deemed essential to the
repertoire of current anti-abuse email filtering systems. 
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC