Subject: Document Action: 'Promoting Compliance with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Disclosure Rules' to Informational RFC (draft-polk-ipr-disclosure-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:27:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Promoting Compliance with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
   Disclosure Rules'
  (draft-polk-ipr-disclosure-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-polk-ipr-disclosure/

Technical Summary

  The disclosure process for intellectual property rights (IPR) in
  documents produced within the IETF stream is essential to the accurate
  development of community consensus.  However, this process is not
  always followed by IETF participants.  Regardless of the cause or
  motivation, noncompliance with IPR disclosure rules can delay or even
  derail completion of IETF specifications.  This document describes
  some strategies for promoting compliance with the IPR disclosure
  rules.  These strategies are primarily intended for use by area
  directors, working group chairs, and working group secretaries.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Document Quality

  The document has been reviewed in the IETF mail list during Last Call.
  The authors received actionable feedback from Stephan Wenger and
  Subramanian Moonesamyby, and both of them expressed satisfaction with
  changes that were made to resolve their issues.

Personnel

  Russ Housley is the responsible AD.