Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-rfc4893bis-06.txt> (BGP Support for Four-octet AS Number Space) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:54:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'BGP Support for Four-octet AS Number Space'
  <draft-ietf-idr-rfc4893bis-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Autonomous System (AS) number is encoded as a two-octet entity in
   the base BGP specification. This document describes extensions to BGP
   to carry the Autonomous System numbers as four-octet entities.  This
   document obsoletes RFC 4893.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc4893bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc4893bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.