Subject: Last Call: <draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-02.txt> (RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Profile for TCP/IP (ROHC-TCP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 06:42:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Profile for TCP/IP (ROHC-TCP)'
  <draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profile
   for compression of TCP/IP packets.  The profile, called ROHC-TCP,
   provides efficient and robust compression of TCP headers, including
   frequently used TCP options such as SACK (Selective Acknowledgments)
   and Timestamps.

   ROHC-TCP works well when used over links with significant error rates
   and long round-trip times.  For many bandwidth-limited links where
   header compression is essential, such characteristics are common.

   This specification obsoletes [RFC4996].  It fixes a technical issue
   with the SACK compression and clarifies other compression methods
   used.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.