Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for <draft-despres-6a44-02.txt>

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:02:55 -0700

The IESG has completed a review of <draft-despres-6a44> consistent with
RFC5742.  This review is applied to all non-IETF streams.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Native IPv6 Behind NAT44
CPEs (6a44)' <draft-despres-6a44-02.txt> as an Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-despres-6a44/)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the history log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-despres-6a44/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   In customer sites having IPv4-only CPEs, Teredo provides a last
   resort IPv6 connectivity [RFC4380] [RFC5991] [RFC6081].  However,
   because it is designed to work without involvement of Internet
   service providers, it has significant limitations (connectivity
   between IPv6 native addresses and Teredo addresses is uncertain;
   connectivity between Teredo addresses fails for some combinations of
   NAT types). 6a44 is a complementary solution that, being base on ISP
   cooperation, avoids these limitations. 6a44 uses specific prefixes
   assigned by local ISPs (rather than the anycast address used by
   Teredo, an evolution similar to that from 6to4 to 6rd).  The
   specification is complete enough for actual deployment, including
   with independently written codes.

Working Group Summary

   This document is in the Independent Stream, and is under RFC 5742
   review by the IESG.

Document Quality

   Ralph Droms reviewed the document according to RFC 5742 and
   recommends responding that the IESG has no problem with the
   publication of 'Native IPv6 Behind NAT44 CPEs (6a44)'
   <draft-despres-6a44-01> as an Experimental RFC.

Personnel

   Ralph Droms is managing the RFC 5742 review of this document.

RFC Editor Note

   The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
   in WGs behave, softwire and sunset4, but this relationship does
   not prevent publishing.