Subject: RFC 6571 on Loop-Free Alternate (LFA) Applicability in Service Provider (SP) Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6571

        Title:      Loop-Free Alternate (LFA) Applicability in 
                    Service Provider (SP) Networks 
        Author:     C. Filsfils, Ed.,
                    P. Francois, Ed.,
                    M. Shand, B. Decraene,
                    J. Uttaro, N. Leymann,
                    M. Horneffer
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 71363
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-lfa-applicability-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6571.txt

In this document, we analyze the applicability of the Loop-Free
Alternate (LFA) method of providing IP fast reroute in both the core
and access parts of Service Provider networks.  We consider both the
link and node failure cases, and provide guidance on the
applicability of LFAs to different network topologies, with special
emphasis on the access parts of the network.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC