Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-11.txt> (Administration Protocol for Federated Filesystems) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:53:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Administration Protocol for Federated Filesystems'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the administration protocol for a federated
   file system that enables file access and namespace traversal across
   collections of independently administered fileservers.  The protocol
   specifies a set of interfaces by which fileservers with different
   administrators can form a fileserver federation that provides a
   namespace composed of the filesystems physically hosted on and
   exported by the constituent fileservers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.