Subject: RFC 6632 on An Overview of the IETF Network Management Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6632

        Title:      An Overview of the IETF 
                    Network Management Standards 
        Author:     M. Ersue, Ed.,
                    B. Claise
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      85
        Characters: 210159
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6632.txt

This document gives an overview of the IETF network management
standards and summarizes existing and ongoing development of IETF
Standards Track network management protocols and data models.  The
document refers to other overview documents, where they exist and
classifies the standards for easy orientation.  The purpose of this
document is, on the one hand, to help system developers and users to
select appropriate standard management protocols and data models to
address relevant management needs.  On the other hand, the document
can be used as an overview and guideline by other Standard
Development Organizations or bodies planning to use IETF management
technologies and data models.  This document does not cover
Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) technologies on the
data-path, e.g., OAM of tunnels, MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
OAM, and pseudowire as well as the corresponding management models. 
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC