Subject: RFC 6565 on OSPFv3 as a Provider Edge to Customer Edge (PE-CE) Routing Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:47:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6565

        Title:      OSPFv3 as a Provider Edge 
                    to Customer Edge (PE-CE) Routing Protocol 
        Author:     P. Pillay-Esnault, P. Moyer,
                    J. Doyle, E. Ertekin,
                    M. Lundberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43217
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6565.txt

Many Service Providers (SPs) offer Virtual Private Network (VPN)
services to their customers using a technique in which Customer Edge
(CE) routers are routing peers of Provider Edge (PE) routers.  The
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is used to distribute the customer's
routes across the provider's IP backbone network, and Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) is used to tunnel customer packets across the
provider's backbone.  Support currently exists for both IPv4 and IPv6
VPNs; however, only Open Shortest Path First version 2 (OSPFv2) as
PE-CE protocol is specified.  This document extends those
specifications to support OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3) as a PE-CE routing
protocol.  The OSPFv3 PE-CE functionality is identical to that of
OSPFv2 except for the differences described in this document.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC