Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lowpan-btle-08.txt> (Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Bluetooth Low Energy) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 06:49:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Low power WPAN WG
(6lowpan) to consider the following document:
- 'Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Bluetooth Low Energy'
  <draft-ietf-6lowpan-btle-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-07-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Bluetooth Low Energy is a low power air interface technology defined
   by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (BT-SIG).  The standard
   Bluetooth radio has been widely implemented and available in mobile
   phones, notebook computers, audio headsets and many other devices.
   The low power version of Bluetooth is a new specification and enables
   the use of this air interface with devices such as sensors, smart
   meters, appliances, etc.  The low power variant of Bluetooth is
   commonly specified in revision 4.0 of the Bluetooth specifications
   and commonly refered to as Bluetooth 4.0.  This document describes
   how IPv6 is transported over Bluetooth Low Energy using 6LoWPAN
   techniques.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lowpan-btle/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lowpan-btle/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.