Subject: RFC 6617 on Secure Pre-Shared Key (PSK) Authentication for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6617

        Title:      Secure Pre-Shared Key (PSK) Authentication 
                    for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol 
                    (IKE) 
        Author:     D. Harkins
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 53805
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-harkins-ipsecme-spsk-auth-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6617.txt

This memo describes a secure pre-shared key (PSK) authentication
method for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE).  It is resistant
to dictionary attack and retains security even when used with weak
pre-shared keys.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol 
for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC