Subject: Last Call: <draft-farrell-decade-ni-07.txt> (Naming Things with Hashes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 07:18:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Naming Things with Hashes'
  <draft-farrell-decade-ni-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-07-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a set of ways to identify a thing using the
   output from a hash function, specifying URI, URL, binary and human
   "speakable" formats for these names.  The various formats are
   designed to support, but not require, a strong link to the referenced
   object such that the referenced object may be authenticated to the
   same degree as the reference to it.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-decade-ni/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-decade-ni/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1773/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1775/