Subject: RFC 6631 on Password Authenticated Connection Establishment with the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6631

        Title:      Password Authenticated Connection Establishment with 
                    the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 
                    2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     D. Kuegler, Y. Sheffer
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 53353
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6631.txt

The Internet Key Exchange protocol version 2 (IKEv2) does not allow
secure peer authentication when using short credential strings, i.e.,
passwords.  Several proposals have been made to integrate
password-authentication protocols into IKE.  This document provides an
adaptation of Password Authenticated Connection Establishment (PACE)
to the setting of IKEv2 and demonstrates the advantages of this
integration.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC