Subject: RFC 6628 on Efficient Augmented Password-Only Authentication and Key Exchange for IKEv2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:51:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6628

        Title:      Efficient Augmented Password-Only Authentication and 
                    Key Exchange for IKEv2 
        Author:     S. Shin, K. Kobara
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 45831
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-shin-augmented-pake-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6628.txt

This document describes an efficient augmented password-only
authentication and key exchange (AugPAKE) protocol where a user
remembers a low-entropy password and its verifier is registered in
the intended server.  In general, the user password is chosen from a 
small set of dictionary words that allows an attacker to perform 
exhaustive searches (i.e., off-line dictionary attacks).  The AugPAKE 
protocol described here is secure against passive attacks, active attacks, 
and off-line dictionary attacks (on the obtained messages with 
passive/active attacks), and also provides resistance to server compromise 
(in the context of augmented PAKE security).  In addition, this document 
describes how the AugPAKE protocol is integrated into the Internet Key 
Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2).  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC