Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-08.txt> (A GSS-API Mechanism for the Extensible Authentication Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:58:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Application Bridging for
Federated Access Beyond web WG (abfab) to consider the following
document:
- 'A GSS-API Mechanism for the Extensible Authentication Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-07-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines protocols, procedures, and conventions to be
   employed by peers implementing the Generic Security Service
   Application Program Interface (GSS-API) when using the EAP mechanism.
   Through the GS2 family of mechanisms, these protocols also define how
   Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL, RFC 4422)
   applications use the Extensible Authentication Protocol.

The normative reference to the IANA registry [GSS-IANA] might be
considered a downref. 

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.