Subject: RFC 6641 on Using DNS SRV to Specify a Global File Namespace with NFS Version 4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:31:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6641

        Title:      Using DNS SRV to Specify 
                    a Global File Namespace with NFS 
                    Version 4 
        Author:     C. Everhart, W. Adamson,
                    J. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24047
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-dns-srv-namespace-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6641.txt

The NFS version 4 (NFSv4) protocol provides a mechanism for a
collection of NFS file servers to collaborate in providing an
organization-wide file namespace.  The DNS SRV Resource Record (RR)
allows a simple way for an organization to publish the root of its
file system namespace, even to clients that might not be intimately
associated with such an organization.  The DNS SRV RR can be used to
join these organization-wide file namespaces together to allow
construction of a global, uniform NFS file namespace.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC