Subject: RFC 6572 on RADIUS Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6572

        Title:      RADIUS Support for Proxy Mobile 
                    IPv6 
        Author:     F. Xia, B. Sarikaya,
                    J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    S. Gundavelli, D. Damic
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 74903
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-radius-pmip6-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6572.txt

This document defines new attributes to facilitate Proxy Mobile IPv6
operations using the RADIUS infrastructure.  The protocol defined in
this document uses RADIUS-based interfaces of the mobile access
gateway and the local mobility anchor with the AAA server for
authentication, authorization, and policy functions.  The RADIUS
interactions between the mobile access gateway and the RADIUS-based
AAA server take place when the mobile node (MN) attaches,
authenticates, and authorizes to a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.
Furthermore, this document defines the RADIUS-based interface between
the local mobility anchor and the AAA RADIUS server for authorizing
received Proxy Binding Update messages for the mobile node's mobility
session.  In addition to the interactions related to mobility session
setup, this document defines the baseline for the mobile access
gateway and the local mobility anchor generated accounting.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC