Subject: RFC 6629 on Considerations on the Application of the Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol for IPv6 (Shim6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:48:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6629

        Title:      Considerations on the Application of 
                    the Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol 
                    for IPv6 (Shim6) 
        Author:     J. Abley,
                    M. Bagnulo,
                    A. Garcia-Martinez
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 70291
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-garcia-shim6-applicability-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6629.txt

This document discusses some considerations on the applicability of
the level 3 multihoming Shim protocol for IPv6 (Shim6)
and associated support protocols and mechanisms to provide site
multihoming capabilities in IPv6.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC