Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam-06.txt> (Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) SCSI Features Update) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:19:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the STORage Maintenance WG (storm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) SCSI Features
Update'
  <draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Please note the concurrent Last Call for draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons, as both
drafts should be reviewed together.

Abstract

   Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) is a SCSI
   transport protocol that maps the SCSI family of protocols onto
   TCP/IP. The iSCSI protocol as specified in [draft-ietf-storm-
   iscsi-cons-xx] (and as previously specified by the combination
   of RFC 3720 and RFC 5048) is based on the SAM-2 (SCSI
   Architecture Model - 2) version of the SCSI family of
   protocols. This document defines enhancements to the iSCSI
   protocol to support certain additional features of the SCSI
   protocol that were defined in SAM-3, SAM-4, and SAM-5.

   This document is a companion document to [draft-ietf-storm-
   iscsi-cons-xx].

      --------------------------------------------------------
      RFC EDITORS NOTE: The above references to [draft-ietf-storm-
      iscsi-cons-xx] should reference the RFC number assigned to
      that document, and this note should be removed.
      --------------------------------------------------------

This last call explicitly identifies these downrefs in the normative references
of this document:

     [SAM2]      T10/1157D, SCSI Architecture Model - 2 (SAM-2).

      [SAM4]      ISO/IEC 14776-414, SCSI Architecture Model - 4 (SAM-
                  4).

      [SAM5]      T10/2104D rev r04, SCSI Architecture Model - 5 (SAM-
                  5), Committee Draft.

      [SPC4]      T10/1731D rev r23, SCSI Primary Commands - 4 (SPC-4),
                  Committee Draft.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.