Subject: RFC 6684 on Guidelines and Template for Defining Extensions to the Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:14:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6684

        Title:      Guidelines and Template for Defining 
                    Extensions to the Incident Object Description 
                    Exchange Format (IODEF) 
        Author:     B. Trammell
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23550
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mile-template-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6684.txt

This document provides guidelines for extensions to the Incident
Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) described in RFC 5070 for
exchange of incident management data, and it contains a template for
Internet-Drafts describing those extensions, in order to ease the
work and improve the quality of extension descriptions.  This document is 
not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC