Subject: RFC 6655 on AES-CCM Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:06:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6655

        Title:      AES-CCM Cipher Suites for Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     D. McGrew, D. Bailey
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17052
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6655.txt

This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
in the Counter with Cipher Block Chaining - Message Authentication
Code (CBC-MAC) Mode (CCM) of operation within Transport Layer
Security (TLS) and Datagram TLS (DTLS) to provide confidentiality and
data origin authentication.  The AES-CCM algorithm is amenable to
compact implementations, making it suitable for constrained
environments.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC