Subject: RFC 6669 on An Overview of the Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Toolset for MPLS-Based Transport Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6669

        Title:      An Overview of the Operations, 
                    Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Toolset for 
                    MPLS-Based Transport Networks 
        Author:     N. Sprecher, L. Fang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 46171
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6669.txt

This document provides an overview of the Operations, Administration,
and Maintenance (OAM) toolset for MPLS-based transport networks.
The toolset consists of a comprehensive set of fault
management and performance monitoring capabilities (operating in the
data plane) that are appropriate for transport networks as required
in RFC 5860 and support the network and services at different nested
levels.  This overview includes a brief recap of the MPLS Transport
Profile (MPLS-TP) OAM requirements and functions and the generic
mechanisms created in the MPLS data plane that allow the OAM packets
to run in-band and share their fate with data packets.  The protocol
definitions for each of the MPLS-TP OAM tools are defined in separate
documents (RFCs or Working Group documents), which are referenced by this
document.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; 
it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC