Subject: RFC 6678 on Requirements for a Tunnel-Based Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:41:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6678

        Title:      Requirements for a Tunnel-Based Extensible 
                    Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method 
        Author:     K. Hoeper, S. Hanna,
                    H. Zhou, J. Salowey, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 54446
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-emu-eaptunnel-req-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6678.txt

This memo defines the requirements for a tunnel-based Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method.  This tunnel method will use
Transport Layer Security (TLS) to establish a secure tunnel.  The
tunnel will provide support for password authentication, EAP
authentication, and the transport of additional data for other
purposes.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC