Subject: RFC 6645 on IP Flow Information Accounting and Export Benchmarking Methodology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:00:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6645

        Title:      IP Flow Information Accounting and 
                    Export Benchmarking Methodology 
        Author:     J. Novak
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 87875
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-ipflow-meth-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6645.txt

This document provides a methodology and framework for quantifying
the performance impact of the monitoring of IP flows on a network device
and the export of this information to a Collector.  It identifies the rate
at which the IP flows are created, expired, and successfully exported
as a new performance metric in combination with traditional
throughput.  The metric is only applicable to the devices compliant
with RFC 5470, "Architecture for IP Flow Information Export".  The
methodology quantifies the impact of the IP flow monitoring process
on the network equipment.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC