Subject: RFC 6658 on Packet Pseudowire Encapsulation over an MPLS PSN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6658

        Title:      Packet Pseudowire Encapsulation over an 
                    MPLS PSN 
        Author:     S. Bryant, Ed.,
                    L. Martini,
                    G. Swallow,
                    A. Malis
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32164
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-packet-pw-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6658.txt

This document describes a pseudowire mechanism that is used to
transport a packet service over an MPLS PSN in the case where the
client Label Switching Router (LSR) and the server Provider Edge
equipments are co-resident in the same equipment.  This pseudowire
mechanism may be used to carry all of the required layer 2 and layer
3 protocols between the pair of client LSRs.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge INT Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC