Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-05.txt> (Issues with Private IP Addressing in the Internet) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:34:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG
(grow) to consider the following document:
- 'Issues with Private IP Addressing in the Internet'
  <draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-07-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The purpose of this document is to provide a discussion of the
   potential problems of using private, RFC1918, or non-globally-
   routable addressing within the core of an SP network.  The discussion
   focuses on link addresses and to a small extent loopback addresses.
   While many of the issues are well recognised within the ISP
   community, there appears to be no document that collectively
   describes the issues.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.