Subject: Protocol Action: 'Pseudowire Control Word Negotiation Mechanism Update' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:48:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Pseudowire Control Word Negotiation Mechanism Update'
  (draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-cbit-negotiation/

Technical Summary

This document solves a particular problem with the control word negotiation
mechanism specified in RFC 4447. Based on the problem analysis, a
message exchanging mechanism is introduced to solve the control word
negotiation issue. This document updates the RFC 4447 control word
negotiation mechanism. This update is fully backwards compatible with
existing implementations. 

Working Group Summary

This draft had strong consensus in the WG, and received good comments at
the various stages of its development. For more information please see 
the entry in document history log in the tracker posted on 21/June/2012.

Document Quality

 To quote the Shepherd:

There is at least one known vendor implementation of the draft (the
reporter says "Our product manager asked me to thank IETF&PWE3 to help to
solve this problem"), and other vendors have expressed implementation plans.

Personnel

Andrew Malis is the Document Shepherd for this document.
Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director.