Subject: RFC 6643 on Translation of Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2) MIB Modules to YANG Modules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:07:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6643

        Title:      Translation of Structure of Management 
                    Information Version 2 (SMIv2) MIB Modules 
                    to YANG Modules 
        Author:     J. Schoenwaelder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 69140
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6643.txt

YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration and
state data manipulated by the Network Configuration Protocol
(NETCONF), NETCONF remote procedure calls, and NETCONF notifications.
The Structure of Management Information (SMIv2) defines fundamental
data types, an object model, and the rules for writing and revising
MIB modules for use with the Simple Network Management Protocol
(SNMP).  This document defines a translation of SMIv2 MIB modules
into YANG modules, enabling read-only (config false) access to data
objects defined in SMIv2 MIB modules via NETCONF.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC