Subject: RFC 6668 on SHA-2 Data Integrity Verification for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:01:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6668

        Title:      SHA-2 Data Integrity Verification for 
                    the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     D. Bider, M. Baushke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8710
        Updates:    RFC4253

        I-D Tag:    draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6668.txt

This memo defines algorithm names and parameters for use in some of the 
SHA-2 family of secure hash algorithms for data integrity verification in 
the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.  It also updates RFC 4253 by specifying a 
new RECOMMENDED data integrity algorithm.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC