Subject: Last Call: <draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis-02.txt> (Special Use IPv4 Addresses) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:46:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Special Use IPv4 Addresses'
  <draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis-02.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document obsoletes RFC 5735 and updates RFC 6441.  It describes
   the global and other specialized IPv4 address blocks that have been
   assigned by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).  It does
   not address IPv4 address space assigned to operators and users
   through the Regional Internet Registries, nor does it address IPv4
   address space assigned directly by IANA prior to the creation of the
   Regional Internet Registries.  It also does not address allocations
   or assignments of IPv6 addresses or autonomous system numbers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.