Subject: Last Call: <draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch-05.txt> (IETF Email List Archiving, Web-based Browsing and Search Tool Requirements) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:30:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IETF Email List Archiving, Web-based Browsing and Search Tool
   Requirements'
  <draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF makes heavy use of email lists to conduct its work.
   Participants frequently need to search and browse the archives of
   these lists, and have asked for improved search capabilities.  The
   current archive mechanism could also be made more efficient.  This
   memo captures the requirements for improved email list archiving and
   searching systems.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.