Subject: RFC 6664 on S/MIME Capabilities for Public Key Definitions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6664

        Title:      S/MIME Capabilities for Public Key 
                    Definitions 
        Author:     J. Schaad
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 37926
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-pubkey-caps-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6664.txt

This document defines a set of Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail
Extensions (S/MIME) Capability types for ASN.1 encoding for the
current set of public keys defined by the PKIX working group.  This
facilitates the ability for a requester to specify information on the
public keys and signature algorithms to be used in responses.
"Online Certificate Status Protocol Algorithm Agility" (RFC 6277)
details an example of where this is used.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC