Subject: RFC 6663 on Requirements for Signaling of Pre-Congestion Information in a Diffserv Domain

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6663

        Title:      Requirements for Signaling of Pre-Congestion 
                    Information in a Diffserv Domain 
        Author:     G. Karagiannis, T. Taylor,
                    K. Chan, M. Menth,
                    P. Eardley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15316
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcn-signaling-requirements-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6663.txt

Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) is a means for protecting quality of
service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv domain.  The
overall PCN architecture is described in RFC 5559.  This memo
describes the requirements for the signaling applied within the PCN-domain:
(1) PCN-feedback-information is carried from the PCN-egress-node to
the Decision Point; (2) the Decision Point may ask the PCN-ingress-node to
measure, and report back, the rate of sent PCN-traffic between that
PCN-ingress-node and PCN-egress-node.  The Decision Point may be either
collocated with the PCN-ingress-node or a centralized node (in the first 
case, (2) is not required).  The signaling requirements pertain in 
particular to two edge behaviors, Controlled Load (CL) and Single Marking 
(SM).  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it 
is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC