Subject: RFC 6696 on EAP Extensions for the EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6696

        Title:      EAP Extensions for the EAP 
                    Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) 
        Author:     Z. Cao, B. He,
                    Y. Shi, Q. Wu, Ed.,
                    G. Zorn, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      47
        Characters: 103860
        Obsoletes:  RFC5296

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hokey-rfc5296bis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6696.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a generic framework
supporting multiple types of authentication methods.  In systems
where EAP is used for authentication, it is desirable to avoid
repeating the entire EAP exchange with another authenticator.  This
document specifies extensions to EAP and the EAP keying hierarchy to
support an EAP method-independent protocol for efficient re-
authentication between the peer and an EAP re-authentication server
through any authenticator.  The re-authentication server may be in
the home network or in the local network to which the peer is
connecting.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC