Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Atom "deleted-entry" Element' to Proposed Standard (draft-snell-atompub-tombstones-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:52:25 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Atom "deleted-entry" Element'
  (draft-snell-atompub-tombstones-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-snell-atompub-tombstones/

Technical Summary 

   This specification adds mechanisms to the Atom Syndication Format
   which publishers of Atom Feed and Entry documents can use to
   explicitly identify Atom entries that have been removed.

Working Group Summary 

   This document is not the product of a working group, but has been
   reviewed and discussed on the list of the former atompub WG. 

Document Quality    

   The document has received adequate review by Atom implementers
   and on the [email-masked] list. There is agreement among the 
   Atom implementation community that this feature is needed and that
   this document defines the right approach. In addition, there are 
   existing implementations.

Personnel

The Document Shepherd and Responsible Area Director is Barry Leiba.