Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-05.txt> (ASON Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:19:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'ASON Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting. This is a four-
week last call period because it spans the IETF-84 meeting.

Abstract

   The ITU-T has defined an architecture and requirements for operating
   an Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON).

   The Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) protocol suite
   is designed to provide a control plane for a range of network
   technologies including optical networks such as time division
   multiplexing (TDM) networks including SONET/SDH and Optical Transport
   Networks (OTNs), and lambda switching optical networks.

   The requirements for GMPLS routing to satisfy the requirements of
   ASON routing, and an evaluation of existing GMPLS routing protocols
   are provided in other documents.  This document defines extensions to
   the OSPFv2 Link State Routing Protocol to meet the requirements for
   routing in an ASON.

   Note that this work is scoped to the requirements and evaluation
   expressed in RFC 4258 and RFC 4652 and the ITU-T Recommendations
   current when those documents were written.  Future extensions of
   revisions of this work may be necessary if the ITU-T Recommendations
   are revised or if new requirements are introduced into a revision of
   RFC 4258. This document obsoletes RFC 5787 and updates RFC 5786.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.