Subject: RFC 6653 on DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation in Long-Term Evolution (LTE) Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:01:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6653

        Title:      DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation in Long-Term 
                    Evolution (LTE) Networks 
        Author:     B. Sarikaya, F. Xia,
                    T. Lemon
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28755
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sarikaya-v6ops-prefix-delegation-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6653.txt

As interest in IPv6 deployment in cellular networks increases,
several migration issues have been being raised; IPv6 prefix
management is the issue addressed in this document.  Based on the
idea that DHCPv6 servers can manage prefixes, we use DHCPv6 Prefix
Delegation to address such prefix management issues as an access
router offloading delegation of prefixes and release tasks to a
DHCPv6 server.  The access router first requests a prefix for an
incoming mobile node from the DHCPv6 server.  The access router may
next do stateless or stateful address allocation to the mobile node,
e.g., with a Router Advertisement or using DHCP.  We also describe
prefix management using Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
(AAA) servers.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC