Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework-08.txt> (A Framework for DNSSEC Policies and DNSSEC Practice Statements) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:15:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'A Framework for DNSSEC Policies and DNSSEC Practice Statements'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-07-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a framework to assist writers of DNSSEC
   Policies and DNSSEC Practice Statements, such as Domain Managers and
   Zone Operators on both the top-level and secondary level, who are
   managing and operating a DNS zone with Security Extensions (DNSSEC)
   implemented.

   In particular, the framework provides a comprehensive list of topics
   that should be considered for inclusion into a DNSSEC Policy
   definition and Practice Statement.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.