Subject: RFC 6661 on Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) Boundary-Node Behavior for the Controlled Load (CL) Mode of Operation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6661

        Title:      Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) Boundary-Node
                    Behavior for the Controlled Load (CL) Mode 
                    of Operation 
        Author:     A. Charny, F. Huang,
                    G. Karagiannis, M. Menth,
                    T. Taylor, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 72258
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcn-cl-edge-behaviour-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6661.txt

Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) is a means for protecting the
quality of service for inelastic traffic admitted to a Diffserv
domain.  The overall PCN architecture is described in RFC 5559.  This
memo is one of a series describing possible boundary-node behaviors
for a PCN-domain.  The behavior described here is that for a form of
measurement-based load control using three PCN marking states: not-
marked, threshold-marked, and excess-traffic-marked.  This behavior
is known informally as the Controlled Load (CL) PCN-boundary-node
behavior.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC