Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-automated-network-configuration-04.txt> (Problem Statement for the Automated Configuration of Large IP Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:13:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Statement for the Automated Configuration of Large IP
Networks'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-automated-network-configuration-04.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo discusses the steps required to bring a large number of
   devices into service in IP networks in an automated fashion.  The
   goal of this document is to list known solutions where they exist, to
   point out approaches proven to be problematic, and to identify gaps
   that require further specifications.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-automated-network-configuration/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-automated-network-configuration/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1706/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1735/