Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-06.txt> (Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:11:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in Generalized MPLS/
   MPLS-TE Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting. The IETF last 
call has been extended because it spans the IETF-84 meeting.

Abstract

   When setting up a label switched path (LSP) in Generalized MPLS and
   MPLS/TE networks, the completion of the signaling process does not
   necessarily mean that the cross connection along the LSP have been
   programmed accordingly and in a timely manner.  Meanwhile, the
   completion of signaling process may be used by applications as
   indication that data path has become usable.  The existence of this
   delay and the possible failure of cross connection programming, if
   not properly treated, will result in data loss or even application
   failure.  Characterization of this performance can thus help
   designers to improve the application model and to build more robust
   applications.  This document defines a series of performance metrics
   to evaluate the connectivity of data path in the signaling process.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.