Subject: Document Action: 'An IETF URN Sub-Namespace for OAuth' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:56:39 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An IETF URN Sub-Namespace for OAuth'
  (draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns/

Technical Summary

  This document establishes an IETF URN Sub-namespace for use with
  OAuth related specifications.

Working Group Summary

  There was no significant controversy in the working group, to my
  knowledge. I suppose there really wasn't an argument about how to
  spell "oauth". 

Document Quality

  The document is as long and short as it needs to be to register a
  URN entry with IANA. 

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Derek Atkins
  Responsible AD: Stephen Farrell

IANA Note

 OLD:
- Establishment of a new registry for URNs subordinate to
      urn:ietf:params:oauth.  Instructions for a registrant to request
      the registration of such a URN are in Section 3.

NEW: 
- Establishment of a new registry called the "oAuth URI" registry for 
URNs subordinate to urn:ietf:params:oauth.  The registry "oAuth URI" 
will be added to a new top-level registry called "OAuth Parameters"
as defined by draft-ietf-oauth-v2.  Instructions for a registrant 
to request the registration of such a URN are in Section 3.