Subject: RFC 6644 on Rebind Capability in DHCPv6 Reconfigure Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:24:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6644

        Title:      Rebind Capability in DHCPv6 Reconfigure 
                    Messages 
        Author:     D. Evans, R. Droms,
                    S. Jiang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19176
        Updates:    RFC3315

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6644.txt

This document updates RFC 3315 (DHCPv6) to allow the Rebind message
type to appear in the Reconfigure Message option of a Reconfigure
message.  It extends the Reconfigure message to allow a DHCPv6 server
to cause a DHCPv6 client to send a Rebind message.  The document also
clarifies how a DHCPv6 client responds to a received Reconfigure
message.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC