Subject: RFC 6657 on Update to MIME regarding "charset" Parameter Handling in Textual Media Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:07:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6657

        Title:      Update to MIME regarding "charset" 
                    Parameter Handling in Textual Media Types 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, J. Reschke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10111
        Updates:    RFC2046

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6657.txt

This document changes RFC 2046 rules regarding default "charset"
parameter values for "text/*" media types to better align with common
usage by existing clients and servers.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC