Subject: RFC 6646 on DECoupled Application Data Enroute (DECADE) Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6646

        Title:      DECoupled Application Data Enroute (DECADE) 
                    Problem Statement 
        Author:     H. Song, N. Zong,
                    Y. Yang, R. Alimi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25124
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6646.txt

Peer-to-peer (P2P) applications have become widely used on the
Internet today and make up a large portion of the traffic in many
networks.  In P2P applications, one technique for reducing the
transit and uplink P2P traffic is to introduce storage capabilities
within the network.  Traditional caches (e.g., P2P and Web caches)
provide such storage, but they can be complex (e.g., P2P caches need
to explicitly support individual P2P application protocols), and do
not allow users to manage resource usage policies for content in the
cache.  This document discusses the introduction of in-network
storage for P2P applications and shows the need for a standard
protocol for accessing this storage.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Decoupled Application Data Enroute Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC