Subject: Protocol Action: 'vCard Format extension : represent vCard extensions defined by the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Converged Address Book (CAB) group' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-vcarddav-oma-cab-extensions-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:03:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'vCard Format extension : represent vCard extensions defined by the
   Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Converged Address Book (CAB) group'
  (draft-ietf-vcarddav-oma-cab-extensions-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the vCard and CardDAV Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-vcarddav-oma-cab-extensions/

Technical Summary

  This document defines extensions to the vCard data format for
  representing and exchanging certain contact information.  The
  properties covered here have been defined by the Open Mobile Alliance
  Converged Address Book group, in order to synchronize, using OMA Data
  Synchronization, contact fields that were not already defined in the
  base vCard 4.0 specification.

Working Group Summary

Initial draft versions have been reviewed by the working group, but then 
the working group fell silent. No comments were received during WGLC. 
Reviews were solicited after WGLC and two thorough reviews have been 
received. The document was then modified after WGLC to address those 
reviews.

Document Quality

This shepherd does not know of any current or future implementations.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Simon Perreault
Responsible Area Director: Pete Resnick

RFC Editor Note

In Section 3.1:

OLD
   MUST be strictly positive
NEW
   must be strictly positive