Subject: RFC 6665 on SIP-Specific Event Notification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:08:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6665

        Title:      SIP-Specific Event Notification 
        Author:     A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 125556
        Obsoletes:  RFC3265
        Updates:    RFC3261, RFC4660

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc3265bis-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6665.txt

This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) defined by RFC 3261.  The purpose of this extension is
to provide an extensible framework by which SIP nodes can request
notification from remote nodes indicating that certain events have
occurred.

Note that the event notification mechanisms defined herein are NOT
intended to be a general-purpose infrastructure for all classes of
event subscription and notification.

This document represents a backwards-compatible improvement on the
original mechanism described by RFC 3265, taking into account several
years of implementation experience.  Accordingly, this document
obsoletes RFC 3265.  This document also updates RFC 4660 slightly to
accommodate some small changes to the mechanism that were discussed
in that document.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC