Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12.txt> (DNSSEC Operational Practices, Version 2) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:00:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'DNSSEC Operational Practices, Version 2'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a set of practices for operating the DNS with
   security extensions (DNSSEC).  The target audience is zone
   administrators deploying DNSSEC.

   The document discusses operational aspects of using keys and
   signatures in the DNS.  It discusses issues of key generation, key
   storage, signature generation, key rollover, and related policies.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4641 as it covers more operational ground
   and gives more up-to-date requirements with respect to key sizes and
   the DNSSEC operations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.