Subject: RFC 6680 on Generic Security Service Application Programming Interface (GSS-API) Naming Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:50:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6680

        Title:      Generic Security Service Application Programming 
                    Interface (GSS-API) Naming Extensions 
        Author:     N. Williams, L. Johansson,
                    S. Hartman, S. Josefsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37063
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-naming-exts-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6680.txt

The Generic Security Service Application Programming Interface (GSS-API)
provides a simple naming architecture that supports name-based
authorization.  This document introduces new APIs that extend the
GSS-API naming model to support name attribute transfer between
GSS-API peers.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC