Subject: Last Call: <draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements-03.txt> (Some Measurements on World IPv6 Day from End-User Perspective) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:24:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Some Measurements on World IPv6 Day from End-User Perspective'
  <draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   During the World IPv6 Day on June 8th, 2011, several key content
   providers enabled their networks to offer both IPv4 and IPv6
   services.  Hundreds of organizations participated in this effort, and
   in the months and weeks leading up to the event worked hard on
   preparing their networks to support this event.  The event was
   largely unnoticed by the general public, which is a good thing since
   it means that no major problems were detected.  For the Internet,
   however, there was a major change on such a small timescale.  This
   memo discusses measurements that the authors made from the
   perspective of an end-user with good IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity.  Our
   measurements include the number of most popular networks providing
   AAAA records for their service as well as delay and connection
   failure statistics.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.