Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04.txt> (RSVP Association Object Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 05:16:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'RSVP Association Object Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The RSVP ASSOCIATION object was defined in the context of GMPLS
   (Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching) controlled label
   switched paths (LSPs).  In this context, the object is used to
   associate recovery LSPs with the LSP they are protecting.  This
   object also has broader applicability as a mechanism to associate
   RSVP state, and this document defines how the ASSOCIATION object
   can be more generally applied.  This document also defines
   Extended ASSOCIATION objects which, in particular, can be used in
   the context of the Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS-TP).  This document updates RFC 2205, RFC 3209,
   and RFC 3473. It also modifies the definition of the Association
   ID field defined in RFC 4872.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1720/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1169/