Subject: RFC 6666 on A Discard Prefix for IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6666

        Title:      A Discard Prefix for IPv6 
        Author:     N. Hilliard, D. Freedman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10658
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6666.txt

Remote triggered black hole filtering describes a method of
mitigating the effects of denial-of-service attacks by selectively
discarding traffic based on source or destination address.  Remote
triggered black hole routing describes a method of selectively re-
routing traffic into a sinkhole router (for further analysis) based
on destination address.  This document updates the "IPv6 Special
Purpose Address Registry" by explaining why a unique IPv6 prefix
should be formally assigned by IANA for the purpose of facilitating
IPv6 remote triggered black hole filtering and routing.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC