Subject: Protocol Action: 'Ethernet-based xDSL multi-pair bonding (G.Bond/Ethernet) MIB' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-eth-mib-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:35:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Ethernet-based xDSL multi-pair bonding (G.Bond/Ethernet) MIB'
  (draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-eth-mib-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the ADSL MIB Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-eth-mib/

Technical Summary

  This document defines Management Information Base (MIB) module for
   use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based internets.
   This document proposes an extension to the GBOND-MIB module with a
   set of objects for managing Ethernet-based multi-pair bonded xDSL
   interfaces, defined in ITU-T recommendation G.998.2.

Working Group Summary

   The WG process was smooth with no real controversies.
   All work took place on the mailing list. 

Document Quality

   No information is available about implementations. 

Personnel

   Menachem Dodge is the Document Shepherd for this document
   Dan Romascanu was the first responsible Area Director.
   Benoit Claise is the current responsible Area Director.