Subject: RFC 6681 on Raptor Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:26:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6681

        Title:      Raptor Forward Error Correction (FEC) 
                    Schemes for FECFRAME 
        Author:     M. Watson, T. Stockhammer,
                    M. Luby
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 46372
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6681.txt

This document describes Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Schemes for the Raptor and RaptorQ codes and their application
to reliable delivery of media streams in the context of the FEC
Framework.  The Raptor and RaptorQ codes are systematic codes, where
a number of repair symbols are generated from a set of source symbols
and sent in one or more repair flows in addition to the source
symbols that are sent to the receiver(s) within a source flow.  The
Raptor and RaptorQ codes offer close to optimal protection against
arbitrary packet losses at a low computational complexity.  Six FEC
Schemes are defined: two for the protection of arbitrary packet flows,
two that are optimized for small source blocks, and two for the
protection of a single flow that already contains a sequence number.
Repair data may be sent over arbitrary datagram transport (e.g., UDP)
or using RTP.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC