Subject: RFC 6718 on Pseudowire Redundancy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:19:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6718

        Title:      Pseudowire Redundancy 
        Author:     P. Muley, M. Aissaoui,
                    M. Bocci
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41486
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6718.txt

This document describes a framework comprised of a number of
scenarios and associated requirements for pseudowire (PW) redundancy.
A set of redundant PWs is configured between provider edge (PE) nodes
in single-segment PW applications or between terminating PE (T-PE)
nodes in multi-segment PW applications.  In order for the PE/T-PE
nodes to indicate the preferred PW to use for forwarding PW packets
to one another, a new PW status is required to indicate the
preferential forwarding status of active or standby for each PW in
the redundant set.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC