Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5280-clarifications-08.txt> (Updates to the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:05:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure
(X.509) WG (pkix) to consider the following document:
- 'Updates to the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate
   and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile'
  <draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5280-clarifications-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 5280, the Internet X.509 Public Key
   Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
   Profile.  This document changes the set of acceptable encoding
   methods for the explicitText field of the user notice policy
   qualifier and clarifies the rules for converting internationalized
   domain name labels to ASCII.  This document also provides some
   clarifications on the use of self-signed certificates, trust anchors,
   and some updated security considerations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5280-clarifications/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5280-clarifications/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.