Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-06.txt> (Support for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Events in Sieve) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:57:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Sieve Mail Filtering Language WG
(sieve) to consider the following document:
- 'Support for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Events in Sieve'
  <draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Sieve defines an email filtering language that can, in principle,
   plug into any point in the processing of an email message.  As
   defined in the base specification, it plugs into mail delivery.  This
   document defines how Sieve can plug into points in the IMAP protocol
   where messages are created or changed, adding the option of user-
   defined or installation-defined filtering (or, with Sieve extensions,
   features such as notifications).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.