Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-lineid-08.txt> (The Line Identification Destination Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 08:27:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'The Line Identification Destination Option'
  <draft-ietf-6man-lineid-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In Ethernet based aggregation networks, several subscriber premises
   may be logically connected to the same interface of an edge router.
   This document proposes a method for the edge router to identify the
   subscriber premises using the contents of the received Router
   Solicitation messages.  The applicability is limited to broadband
   network deployment scenarios where multiple user ports are mapped to
   the same virtual interface on the edge router.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-lineid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-lineid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.