Subject: Protocol Action: 'Access Network Identifier (ANI) Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:55:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Access Network Identifier (ANI) Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  (draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option/

Technical Summary

The local mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain is able to
provide access network and access operator specific handling or
policing of the mobile node traffic using information about the
access network to which the mobile node is attached. This
specification defines a mechanism and a related mobility option for
carrying the access network identifier and the access operator
identification information from the mobile access gateway to the
local mobility anchor using proxy mobile IPv6 signaling messages.

Working Group Summary

The I-D has followed normal IETF WG process and has consensus
regarding the proposed extension to Proxy Mobile IPv6. There have
been no controversies or opposition to this proposal.

Document Quality

No known or announced implementations of the protocol exist. However
there may be unannounced implementations in progress. Multiple
vendors have indicated interest in implementing these extensions in
their products.
The I-D has undergone multiple reviews and they have been
acknowledged in the document itself.

Personnel

Document shepherd: Basavaraj Patil
Responsible AD: Brian Haberman

RFC Editor Note

OLD:

   However, the location and access information MAY be exposed to
   specific parties outside the PMIPv6 Domain based on an agreement
   approved by the subscriber, otherwise, this information MUST NOT be
   exposed in the absence of such agreements.

NEW

   However, the location and access information MAY be exposed to
   specific parties outside the PMIPv6 Domain based on an agreement
   approved by the subscriber, otherwise, this information MUST NOT be
   exposed in the absence of such agreements. If the location
   information is to be exposed outside the PMIPv6 Domain then that
   MUST be done using a PIDF-LO [RFC5139] carrying the usage rules
   to which the subscriber has agreed.

In section 9.1, add:

[RFC5139] Thomson, M. and J. Winterbottom, "Revised Civic Location
                   Format for Presence Information Data Format Location
                   Object (PIDF-LO)", RFC 5139, February 2008.