Subject: RFC 6701 on Sanctions Available for Application to Violators of IETF IPR Policy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6701

        Title:      Sanctions Available for Application to 
                    Violators of IETF IPR Policy 
        Author:     A. Farrel, P. Resnick
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25078
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6701.txt

The IETF has developed and documented policies that govern the
behavior of all IETF participants with respect to Intellectual
Property Rights (IPR) about which they might reasonably be aware.

The IETF takes conformance to these IPR policies very seriously.
However, there has been some ambiguity as to what the appropriate
sanctions are for the violation of these policies, and how and by
whom those sanctions are to be applied.

This document discusses these issues and provides a suite of
potential actions that can be taken within the IETF community in
cases related to patents.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC