Subject: RFC 6698 on The DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol: TLSA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 22:43:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6698

        Title:      The DNS-Based Authentication of Named 
                    Entities (DANE) Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
                    Protocol: TLSA 
        Author:     P. Hoffman, J. Schlyter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 84034
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dane-protocol-23.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6698.txt

Encrypted communication on the Internet often uses Transport Layer
Security (TLS), which depends on third parties to certify the keys
used.  This document improves on that situation by enabling the
administrators of domain names to specify the keys used in that
domain's TLS servers.  This requires matching improvements in TLS
client software, but no change in TLS server software.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC