Subject: RFC 6695 on Methods to Convey Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework Configuration Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:01:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6695

        Title:      Methods to Convey Forward Error 
                    Correction (FEC) Framework Configuration Information 
        Author:     R. Asati
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34678
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fecframe-config-signaling-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6695.txt

The Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework document (RFC 6363)
defines the FEC Framework Configuration Information necessary for
the FEC Framework operation.  This document describes how to use
signaling protocols such as the Session Announcement Protocol (SAP),
the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), the Real Time Streaming
Protocol (RTSP), etc. for determining and communicating the
configuration information between sender(s) and receiver(s).

This document doesn't define any new signaling protocol.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC