Subject: RFC 6713 on The 'application/zlib' and 'application/gzip' Media Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6713

        Title:      The 'application/zlib' and 'application/gzip' Media 
                    Types 
        Author:     J. Levine
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6525
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-levine-application-gzip-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6713.txt

This document defines the 'application/gzip' and 'application/zlib'
media types for compressed data using the gzip and zlib compression
formats.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; 
it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC