Subject: RFC 6704 on Forcerenew Nonce Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:01:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6704

        Title:      Forcerenew Nonce Authentication 
        Author:     D. Miles, W. Dec,
                    J. Bristow, R. Maglione
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26538
        Updates:    RFC3203

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6704.txt

Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) FORCERENEW allows for the
reconfiguration of a single host by forcing the DHCP client into a
Renew state on a trigger from the DHCP server.  In the Forcerenew
Nonce Authentication protocol, the server sends a nonce to the client
in the initial DHCP ACK that is used for subsequent validation of a
FORCERENEW message.  This document updates RFC 3203.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC