Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for IETF Nominations Committee tools' to Informational RFC (draft-krishnan-nomcom-tools-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:29:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for IETF Nominations Committee tools'
  (draft-krishnan-nomcom-tools-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krishnan-nomcom-tools/

Technical Summary

  The IETF Nominations Committee (NomCom) is a body that selects
  candidates for the open IESG, IAB, and IAOC positions.  NomCom needs a
  set of tools for the committee to operate efficiently.  This document
  lays out a few requirements for such a tool.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Document Quality

  The document has been reviewed by four prior NomCom chairs, a NomCom
  voting member, the IETF chair, and a member of the IETF Secretariat.
  All issues that have been identified in the prior versions of this
  document have been addressed in this revision.

Personnel

  Suresh Krishnan is the document shepherd.
  Russ Housley is the responsible AD.

Note to RFC Editor

  In Section 8, please update FB-002 as follows:

  OLD:

  o  FB-002: The tool MUST allow the members of the Nomcom to enter
     feedback about any of the accepting nominees into the Private
     Nomcom tool.  The tool MUST allow the Nomcom member to optionally
     enter information about the originator of the feedback.  Note
     that, as in FB-002, anonymous feedback is allowed, and thus the
     actual identify of an originator may not always be entered into
     the tool.

  NEW:

  o  FB-002: The tool MUST allow the members of the Nomcom to enter
     feedback about any of the accepting nominees into the Private
     Nomcom tool.  The tool MUST allow the Nomcom member to optionally
     enter information about the originator of the feedback.  Note
     that, as in NOM-002, anonymous feedback is allowed, and thus the
     actual identify of an originator may not always be entered into
     the tool.