Subject: RFC 6717 on kx509 Kerberized Certificate Issuance Protocol in Use in 2012

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:51:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6717

        Title:      kx509 Kerberized Certificate Issuance Protocol 
                    in Use in 2012 
        Author:     H. Hotz, R. Allbery
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29044
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hotz-kx509-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6717.txt

This document describes a protocol, called kx509, for using Kerberos
tickets to acquire X.509 certificates.  These certificates may be
used for many of the same purposes as X.509 certificates acquired by
other means, but if a Kerberos infrastructure already exists, then
the overhead of using kx509 may be much less.

While not standardized, this protocol is already in use at several
large organizations, and certificates issued with this protocol are
recognized by the International Grid Trust Federation.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC