Subject: RFC 6710 on Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Extension for Message Transfer Priorities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6710

        Title:      Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Extension 
                    for Message Transfer Priorities 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, K. Carlberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 59966
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-21.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6710.txt

This memo defines an extension to the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer
Protocol) service whereby messages are given a label to indicate
preferential handling, to enable mail handling nodes to take this
information into account for onward processing.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC