Subject: RFC 6702 on Promoting Compliance with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Disclosure Rules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:46:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6702

        Title:      Promoting Compliance with Intellectual Property 
                    Rights (IPR) Disclosure Rules 
        Author:     T. Polk, P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35052
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-polk-ipr-disclosure-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6702.txt

The disclosure process for intellectual property rights (IPR) in
documents produced within the IETF stream is essential to the
accurate development of community consensus.  However, this process
is not always followed by IETF participants.  Regardless of the cause
or motivation, noncompliance with IPR disclosure rules can delay or
even derail completion of IETF specifications.  This document
describes some strategies for promoting compliance with the IPR
disclosure rules.  These strategies are primarily intended for use by
area directors, working group chairs, and working group secretaries.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC