Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label-05.txt> (The Use of Entropy Labels in MPLS Forwarding) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:50:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'The Use of Entropy Labels in MPLS Forwarding'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Load balancing is a powerful tool for engineering traffic across a
   network.  This memo suggests ways of improving load balancing across
   MPLS networks using the concept of "entropy labels".  It defines the
   concept, describes why entropy labels are useful, enumerates
   properties of entropy labels that allow maximal benefit, and shows
   how they can be signaled and used for various applications.  This
   document updates RFCs 3031, 3107, 3209 and 5036.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1797/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1605/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1789/