Subject: Last Call: <draft-gp-intarea-obsolete-ipv4-options-iana-02.txt> (Formally Deprecating some IPv4 Options) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:36:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Formally Deprecating some IPv4 Options'
  <draft-gp-intarea-obsolete-ipv4-options-iana-02.txt> as Internet
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A number of IPv4 options have become obsolete in practice, but have
   never been formally deprecated.  This document deprecates such IPv4
   options, thus cleaning up the corresponding IANA registry, and
   serving as a basis for providing advice about the filtering of
   packets containing these options.  Additionally, it requests that the
   status of the corresponding RFCs be changed to "Historic".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gp-intarea-obsolete-ipv4-options-iana/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gp-intarea-obsolete-ipv4-options-iana/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.