Subject: Document Action: 'Mailing Lists and non-ASCII Addresses' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:25:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Mailing Lists and non-ASCII Addresses'
  (draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Email Address Internationalization
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis/

Technical Summary

  This document describes considerations for mailing lists with the
  introduction of internationalized email addresses.  It outlines some
  possible scenarios for handling lists with mixtures of
  internationalized and traditional addresses, but does not offer
  implementation or deployment advice.

Working Group Summary

  There were neither controversial nor tough decisions made
  in developing this draft.

Document Quality

  This document does not specify a protocol.  Instead, it outlines
  issues in the interactions between mailing lists and the protocols
  developed under the EAI effort.  Protocol development work may be
  appropriate as experience with SMTPUTF8 systems and messages
  accumulates.  Also, once work on internationalized versions of URIs
  becomes completely stable, it may be appropriate to revisit such
  specifications as RFC 2369 and RFC 2919 and update them if
  appropriate.  That work is not part of the present EAI Charter and the
  WG does to propose to add it.

  In addition to several reviews of the core content of the document,
  Martin Duerst reviewed the draft thoroughly providing insights from
  the URI and developing IRI perspective.

Personnel

  Joseph Yee is the Document Shepherd for this document.
  Pete Resnick is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Notes

  NEW
    Obsoletes: 5983