Subject: Protocol Action: 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:16:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in Generalized MPLS/
   MPLS-TE Networks'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm/

Technical Summary 

  This document defines a series of performance metrics to 
  evaluate the availability of data path during the signaling 
  process. The metrics defined in this document complements the 
  control plane metrics defined in [RFC5814]. These metrics can 
  be used to verify the conformance of implementations against 
  related specifications, as elaborated in [RFC6383]. 

Working Group Summary 

  Document was a result of discussions that took place related 
  to RFC5814. There were no objections raised to it's publication

  The document is on the Standards Track. This is consistent 
  with its partner document, RFC 5814, and the output of the
  IPPM working group. 

Document Quality 

  Implementation status is unknown (as is often the case), but 
  contributors include a number of different types of vendors and 
  carriers. Al Morton commented on the document while it was being 
  moved through the working group. He also reviewed it as a member 
  of the Performance Metrics Directorate. 

Personnel

  Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Area Director.