Subject: RFC 6732 on 6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6732

        Title:      6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels 
        Author:     V. Kuarsingh, Ed.,
                    Y. Lee, O. Vautrin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 28156
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kuarsingh-v6ops-6to4-provider-managed-tunnel-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6732.txt

6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels (6to4-PMT) provide a framework that
can help manage 6to4 tunnels operating in an anycast configuration.
The 6to4-PMT framework is intended to serve as an option for operators 
to help improve the experience of 6to4 operation when conditions of the 
network may provide sub-optimal performance or break normal 6to4 
operation. 6to4-PMT supplies a stable provider prefix and forwarding 
environment by utilizing existing 6to4 relays with an added function of 
IPv6 Prefix Translation.  This operation may be particularly important in 
NAT444 infrastructures where a customer endpoint may be assigned a 
non-RFC1918 address, thus breaking the return path for anycast-based 6to4 
operation.  6to4-PMT has been successfully used in a production network, 
implemented as open source code, and implemented by a major routing 
vendor.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; 
it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC