Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nea-asokan-01.txt> (NEA Asokan Attack Analysis) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:16:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Endpoint Assessment WG
(nea) to consider the following document:
- 'NEA Asokan Attack Analysis'
  <draft-ietf-nea-asokan-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Network Endpoint Assessment protocols are subject to a subtle
   forwarding attack that has become known as the NEA Asokan Attack.
   This document describes the attack and countermeasures that may be
   mounted.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nea-asokan/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nea-asokan/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.