Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-19.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:05:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib-19.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-mib/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
   (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
   community.  

   In particular, it describes objects for configuring parameters of the
   Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) process on a router.  The
   MIB module defined in this document, denoted NHDP-MIB, also
   reports state, performance information and notifications about NHDP.
   This additional state and performance information is useful to
   troubleshoot problems and performance issues during neighbor
   discovery.

 Working Group Summary 

   The process for reaching working group consensus on this
   was smooth; no controversy existed. Working Group consensus
   behind the document is solid. 

Document Quality 

   This document shepherd is not aware of existing implementations
   of this MIB although seveal implementers have indicated interest
   in the work.

   The responsible AD performed a detailed MIB review at publication
   request. A MIB Doctor review was requested in parallel to IETF last
   call, but was not forthcoming. The GenArt review by Joel Halpern
   was addressed in a new revision after IETF last call.

   The MIB Doctor review during IESG evaluationproduced a significant
   number of issues that were fixed in late revisions.

Personnel

   Stan Ratliff ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD