Subject: Protocol Action: 'RSVP Association Object Extensions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:15:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RSVP Association Object Extensions'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext/

Technical Summary 

   The RSVP ASSOCIATION object was defined in the context of GMPLS
   (Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching) controlled label
   switched paths (LSPs).  In this context, the object is used to
   associate recovery LSPs with the LSP they are protecting.  This
   object also has broader applicability as a mechanism to associate
   RSVP state, and this document defines how the ASSOCIATION object
   can be more generally applied.  This document also defines
   Extended ASSOCIATION objects which, in particular, can be used in
   the context of the Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS-TP).  This document updates RFC 2205, RFC 3209,
   and RFC 3473. It also generalizes the definition of the Association
   ID field defined in RFC 4872.

Working Group Summary 

   Good support by the WG. Nothing to note.

   Working group last call raised a few small issues that were fixed in a
   revision.

   The TSV Working group was involved in the discussion to take up this
   work and to place it in the CCAMP working group. A high percentage of
   the RSVP directorate have been involved in the work as authors or
   reviewers.

Document Quality 

  There have been no public statements related to implementations, though 
  significant interest was expressed by the working group. 

  IETF last call and Routing Directorate led to some small discussions and
  updates.

Personnel 

  Deborah Brungard is the Document Shepherd. 
  Adrian Farrel is the Area Director.