Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-erp-12.txt> (Diameter Support for the EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:58:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Support for the EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)'
  <draft-ietf-dime-erp-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) defines extensions to the
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) to support efficient re-
   authentication between the peer and an EAP Re-authentication (ER)
   server through a compatible authenticator.  This document specifies
   Diameter support for ERP.  It defines a new Diameter ERP application
   to transport ERP messages between an ER authenticator and the ER
   server, and a set of new AVPs that can be used to transport the
   cryptographic material needed by the re-authentication server.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-erp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-erp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.