Subject: Protocol Action: 'A User Agent Profile Data Set for Media Policy' to Proposed Standard (draft-camarillo-rai-media-policy-dataset-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:22:08 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A User Agent Profile Data Set for Media Policy'
  (draft-camarillo-rai-media-policy-dataset-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-camarillo-rai-media-policy-dataset/

Technical Summary

  This specification defines an XML document format to describe the
  media properties of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) sessions.
  Examples for media properties are the codecs or media types used in
  the session.  This document also defines an XML document format to
  describe policies that limit the media properties of SIP sessions.

Working Group Summary

  This document is being progressed as an AD sponsored document. 
  It was initially developed in the SIPPING WG, as
  draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset. However, the SIPPING WG
  is now closed.  While in the SIPPING WG, there was no controversy
  in particular with regards to the document and there were no
  issues with regards to consensus for the document. 

Document Quality

  This document is of interest to 3GPP.  It is one of a set of
  documents that were being progressed in the SIP and SIPPING WGs t
  define profiles for configuration data.  Earlier versions of the
  document were thoroughly reviewed in the WG.  The media type review
  was requested on Feb. 22, 2012.