Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-09.txt> (An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 13:10:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request
   History Information'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history
   information associated with a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   request.  This capability enables many enhanced services by providing
   the information as to how and why a SIP request arrives at a specific
   application or user.  This document defines an optional SIP header
   field, History-Info, for capturing the history information in
   requests.  The document also defines SIP header field parameters for
   the History-Info and Contact header fields to tag the method by which
   the target of a request is determined.  In addition, this
   specification defines a value for the Privacy header field that
   directs the anonymization of values in the History-Info header field.
   This document obsoletes RFC 4244.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.