Subject: Document Action: 'IETF Email List Archiving, Web-based Browsing and Search Tool Requirements' to Informational RFC (draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 12:52:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IETF Email List Archiving, Web-based Browsing and Search Tool
   Requirements'
  (draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch/

Technical Summary

  The IETF makes heavy use of email lists to conduct its work.
  Participants frequently need to search and browse the archives of
  these email lists, and have asked for improved search capabilities.
  The current archive mechanism could also be made more efficient.  This
  memo captures the requirements for improved email list archiving and
  searching systems.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF WG.

Document Quality

  The document describes a email list archiving and searching systems
  that have not been implemented; however, the contents of this document
  were discussed in connection with the review of an IAOC RFP.

Personnel

  Russ Housley is the responsible AD.