Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05.txt> (Duplicate Address Detection Proxy) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:16:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Duplicate Address Detection Proxy'
  <draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The document describes a mechanism allowing the use of Duplicate
   Address Detection (DAD) by IPv6 nodes in a point-to-multipoint
   architecture with "split-horizon" forwarding scheme.  Based on the
   DAD signalling, the first hop router stores in a Binding Table all
   known IPv6 addresses used on a point-to-multipoint domain (e.g.
   VLAN).  When a node performs DAD for an address already used by
   another node, the first hop router replies instead of this last one.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.