Subject: Document Action: 'Pseudo Content Delivery Protocol (CDP) for Protecting Multiple Source Flows in FEC Framework' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-fecframe-pseudo-cdp-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 06:58:22 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Pseudo Content Delivery Protocol (CDP) for Protecting Multiple Source
   Flows in FEC Framework'
  (draft-ietf-fecframe-pseudo-cdp-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the FEC Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Martin Stiemerling and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-fecframe-pseudo-cdp/

Technical Summary

This document provides a pseudo Content Delivery Protocol (CDP) to
protect multiple source flows with one or more repair flows based on
the FEC Framework (RFC6363) and the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
elements defined for the framework. The purpose of the document is
not to provide a full-pledged protocol, but to show how the defined
framework and SDP elements can be combined together to design a CDP. 

Working Group Summary

There is consensus within the FECFrame WG to publish this document.
The document has been actively discussed on the wg list and in wg
meetings. There was no controversy with the progression of this
document. 

Document Quality

It has undergone thorough review within the AVT and FEC communities. The
document has been actively discussed on the WG mailing list and in WG
meetings. 
No Implementations available. 

Personnel

Greg Shepherd is the document shepherd and Martin Stiemerling is the
responsible Area Director.