Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-client-id-06.txt> (Client Identifier Option in DHCP Server Replies) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 13:44:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Client Identifier Option in DHCP Server Replies'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-client-id-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC2131 [RFC2131].  The changes to [RFC2131]
   defined in this draft clarifies the use of 'client identifier' option
   by the DHCP servers.  The clarification addresses the issues arising
   out of the point specified by [RFC2131] that the server 'MUST NOT'
   return client identifier' option to the client.

Requirements

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-client-id/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-client-id/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.