Subject: Document Action: 'TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:53:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses'
  (draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-12.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Multipath TCP Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Wesley Eddy and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed/

Technical Summary

This draft describes the specification of Multipath TCP that is a set of new
extension of TCP. Multipath TCP is designed to provides the ability to
simultaneously use multiple paths between peers.
This document presents message formats of Multipath TCP extensions and
their interactions as well as the operational overviews and brief introduction. 

Working Group Summary

This draft has been discussed for two years in the WG and there has been
no major controversial points.
There is a strong consensus in the WG for publication as we already have
several implantation activities. 

Document Quality

This document has been reviewed by various people.
Several implementation projects have already started based on this and
detailed comments from the implementors contributed a lot to improve
the quality of the draft. 

Personnel

Yoshifumi Nishida is the Document Shepherd for this document.
The Responsible Area Director is Wesley Eddy.