Subject: RFC 6776 on Measurement Identity and Information Reporting Using a Source Description (SDES) Item and an RTCP Extended Report (XR) Block

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:15:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6776

        Title:      Measurement Identity and Information Reporting 
                    Using a Source Description (SDES) Item 
                    and an RTCP Extended Report (XR) 
                    Block 
        Author:     A. Clark, Q. Wu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17259
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6776.txt

This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Source
Description (SDES) item and an RTCP Extended Report (XR) block
carrying parameters that identify and describe a measurement period
to which one or more other RTCP XR blocks may refer.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC