Subject: Last Call: <draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-06.txt> (Update to Internet Message Format to Allow Group Syntax in the "From:" and "Sender:" Header Fields) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 06:43:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Update to Internet Message Format to Allow Group Syntax in the "From:"
   and "Sender:" Header Fields'
  <draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Internet Message Format (RFC 5322) allows "group" syntax in some
   email header fields, such as "To:" and "CC:", but not in "From:" nor
   "Sender:".  This document updates RFC 5322 to relax that restriction,
   allowing group syntax in those latter fields, as well as in "Resent-
   From:" and "Resent-Sender:", in certain situations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.