Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Packet Delay Variation Metric Reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:05:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Packet
   Delay Variation Metric Reporting'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv/

Technical Summary

  This document defines an RTCP XR Report Block that allows the
  reporting of Packet Delay Variation metrics for a range of RTP
  applications.

Working Group Summary

The WG path of this document was reasonably short and efficient.
Many technical comments were made during the reviews and all were
resolved with consensus.

Document Quality

There are implementations conforming to Y.1541 and G.1020 but not
exact
the same as this I-D. It is expected that with the approval of this
document these implementation will be made conformant, and other new
may
show up.

Personnel

Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. Gonzalo Camarillo
is the Responsible Area Director.