Subject: Document Action: 'Address Resolution Problems in Large Data Center Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:11:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Address Resolution Problems in Large Data Center Networks'
  (draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Address Resolution for Massive
numbers of hosts in the Data center Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ronald Bonica and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement/

Technical Summary

   This document examines address resolution issues related to the
   massive scaling of data centers.  Our initial scope is relatively
   narrow.  Specifically, it focuses on address resolution (ARP and ND)
   within the data center.

Working Group Summary

   Document was a result of WG participants’ contributions, with support 
   of research institute’s collection of data center ARP/ND traffic 
   statistics 
   (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karir-armd-statistics/), and 
   valuable input collected from NANOG operators community.  Good 
   support by the WG.

Document Quality

   The document has incorporated many good suggestions from WG. It is 
   readable, accurate on problems to large scale data centers.

Personnel

   Linda Dunbar ([email-masked]) and Benson Schliesser
   ([email-masked]) are the Document Shepherds. 

   Ron Bonica ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.