Subject: Document Action: 'Population Count Extensions to PIM' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-pim-pop-count-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 07:19:14 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Population Count Extensions to PIM'
  (draft-ietf-pim-pop-count-07.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-pop-count/

Technical Summary

  This specification defines a method for providing multicast
  distribution-tree accounting data.  Simple extensions to the PIM
  protocol allow a rough approximation of tree-based data in a scalable
  fashion.

Working Group Summary

  There is consensus within the PIM WG to publish this document. 
  The document has been actively discussed on the wg list and in wg
  meetings. There was no controversy with the progression of this
  document.

  As is common for protocol extensions in the PIM working group,
  this document is introduced as Experimental. It is anticipated that
  the work will be brought to the Standards Track if it gains traction
  and if experimental deployment shows value and stability.

Document Quality

  There are currently no know implementations.

  Mike McBride ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.