Subject: RFC 6733 on Diameter Base Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6733

        Title:      Diameter Base Protocol 
        Author:     V. Fajardo, Ed.,
                    J. Arkko, 
                    J. Loughney,
                    G. Zorn, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      152
        Characters: 343760
        Obsoletes:  RFC3588, RFC5719

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6733.txt

The Diameter base protocol is intended to provide an Authentication,
Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) framework for applications such
as network access or IP mobility in both local and roaming
situations.  This document specifies the message format, transport,
error reporting, accounting, and security services used by all
Diameter applications.  The Diameter base protocol as defined in this
document obsoletes RFC 3588 and RFC 5719, and it must be supported by
all new Diameter implementations.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC