Subject: RFC 6749 on The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6749

        Title:      The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework 
        Author:     D. Hardt, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      76
        Characters: 163498
        Obsoletes:  RFC5849

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-v2-31.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6749.txt

The OAuth 2.0 authorization framework enables a third-party
application to obtain limited access to an HTTP service, either on
behalf of a resource owner by orchestrating an approval interaction
between the resource owner and the HTTP service, or by allowing the
third-party application to obtain access on its own behalf.  This
specification replaces and obsoletes the OAuth 1.0 protocol described
in RFC 5849.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC