Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pkix-caa-15.txt> (DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:28:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure
(X.509) WG (pkix) to consider the following document:
- 'DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record'
  <draft-ietf-pkix-caa-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS Resource Record
   allows a DNS domain name holder to specify one or more Certification
   Authorities (CAs) authorized to issue certificates for that domain.
   CAA resource records allow a public Certification Authority to
   implement additional controls to reduce the risk of unintended
   certificate mis-issue.  This document defines the syntax of the CAA
   record and rules for processing CAA records by certificate issuers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-caa/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-caa/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.