Subject: RFC 6753 on A Location Dereference Protocol Using HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:15:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6753

        Title:      A Location Dereference Protocol Using 
                    HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) 
        Author:     J. Winterbottom, H. Tschofenig,
                    H. Schulzrinne, M. Thomson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 49866
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-deref-protocol-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6753.txt

This document describes how to use the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
(HTTP) over Transport Layer Security (TLS) as a dereference protocol
to resolve a reference to a Presence Information Data Format Location
Object (PIDF-LO).  This document assumes that a Location Recipient
possesses a URI that can be used in conjunction with the HTTP-Enabled
Location Delivery (HELD) protocol to request the location of the
Target.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC