Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-13.txt> (NSDB Protocol for Federated Filesystems) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 07:13:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'NSDB Protocol for Federated Filesystems'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a filesystem federation protocol that enables
   file access and namespace traversal across collections of
   independently administered fileservers.  The protocol specifies a set
   of interfaces by which fileservers with different administrators can
   form a fileserver federation that provides a namespace composed of
   the filesystems physically hosted on and exported by the constituent
   fileservers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-protocol/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1362/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1634/