Subject: Document Action: 'RFC 2544 Applicability Statement: Use on Production Networks Considered Harmful' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:16:51 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RFC 2544 Applicability Statement: Use on Production Networks
   Considered Harmful'
  (draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ronald Bonica and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-2544-as/

Technical Summary

   Benchmarking Methodology Working Group (BMWG) has been developing key
   performance metrics and laboratory test methods since 1990, and
   continues this work at present.  Recent application of the methods
   beyond their intended scope is cause for concern.  This memo
   clarifies the scope of RFC 2544 and other benchmarking work for the
   IETF community.

Working Group Summary

   Working group consensus was achieved in a single WGLC, after allowing
   a year for review and many useful comments and exchanges. 

Document Quality

   The single-sentence message of this memo was clear from first publication.
   Most comments helped to make the wording more concise.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Bill Cerveny <[email-masked]>

  Area Director: Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>