Subject: RFC 6687 on Performance Evaluation of the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:55:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6687

        Title:      Performance Evaluation of the Routing 
                    Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks 
                    (RPL) 
        Author:     J. Tripathi, Ed.,
                    J. de Oliveira, Ed.,
                    JP. Vasseur, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26,
        Characters: 63624
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-tripathi-roll-rpl-simulation-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6687.txt

This document presents a performance evaluation of the Routing
Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) for a small outdoor
deployment of sensor nodes and for a large-scale smart meter network.
Detailed simulations are carried out to produce several routing
performance metrics using these real-life deployment scenarios.
Please refer to the PDF version of this document, which includes
several plots for the performance metrics not shown in the plain-text
version.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification;
it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC