Subject: Protocol Action: 'Simple LDPC-Staircase Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 07:54:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Simple LDPC-Staircase Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for
   FECFRAME'
  (draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the FEC Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Martin Stiemerling and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc/

Technical Summary

This document describes a fully-specified simple FEC scheme for
LDPC-Staircase codes that can be used to protect media streams along
the lines defined by the FECFRAME framework. 

Working Group Summary

There is consensus within the FECFrame WG to publish this document.
The document has been actively discussed on the wg list and in wg
meetings. There was no controversy with the progression of this
document. 

Document Quality

Performance evaluation of this:
K. Matsuzono, J. Detchart, M. Cunche, V. Roca, H. Asaeda,
``Performance Analysis of a High-Performance Real-Time Application
with Several AL-FEC Schemes", 35th Annual IEEE Conference on Local
Computer Networks 2010 (LCN 2010), October 2010. (PDF) 

Personnel

Greg Shepherd is the document shepherd and Martin Stiemerling is the
responsible Area Director.