Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipfix-a9n-07.txt> (Flow Aggregation for the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:27:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Flow Information Export WG
(ipfix) to consider the following document:
- 'Flow Aggregation for the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-ipfix-a9n-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides a common implementation-independent basis for
   the interoperable application of the IP Flow Information Export
   (IPFIX) Protocol to the handling of Aggregated Flows, which are IPFIX
   Flows representing packets from multiple Original Flows sharing some
   set of common properties.  It does this through a detailed
   terminology and a descriptive Intermediate Aggregation Process
   architecture, including a specification of methods for Original Flow
   counting and counter distribution across intervals.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-a9n/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-a9n/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1715/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1726/