Subject: RFC 6780 on RSVP ASSOCIATION Object Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 19:00:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6780

        Title:      RSVP ASSOCIATION Object Extensions 
        Author:     L. Berger,  
                    F. Le Faucheur,
                    A. Narayanan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 41252
        Updates:    RFC2205, RFC3209, RFC3473, RFC4872

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6780.txt

The RSVP ASSOCIATION object was defined in the context of GMPLS-controlled
Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  In this context, the object is used to
associate recovery LSPs with the LSP they are protecting.  This
object also has broader applicability as a mechanism to associate
RSVP state.  This document defines how the ASSOCIATION object
can be more generally applied.  This document also defines
Extended ASSOCIATION objects that, in particular, can be used in
the context of the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP).  This document 
updates RFC 2205, RFC 3209, and RFC 3473.  It also generalizes the 
definition of the Association ID field defined in RFC 4872.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC