Subject: Last Call: <draft-gont-intarea-obsolete-eid-option-01.txt> (Obsoleting the Endpoint Identifier (EID) Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 11:23:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Obsoleting the Endpoint Identifier (EID) Option'
  <draft-gont-intarea-obsolete-eid-option-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document formally deprecates the IPv6 Endpoint Identification
   (EID) option (hex value 0x8a), thus cleaning up the corresponding
   IANA registry, and possibly serving as a basis for providing advice
   about the filtering of packets containing this option.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-intarea-obsolete-eid-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-intarea-obsolete-eid-option/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.