Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-13.txt> (RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 07:46:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the RADIUS EXTensions WG (radext) to
consider the following document:
- 'RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks'
  <draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies additional IPv6 RADIUS attributes useful in
   residential broadband network deployments.  The attributes, which are
   used for authorization and accounting, enable assignment of a host
   IPv6 address and IPv6 DNS server address via DHCPv6; assignment of an
   IPv6 route announced via router advertisement; assignment of a named
   IPv6 delegated prefix pool; and assignment of a named IPv6 pool for
   host DHCPv6 addressing.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.