Subject: RFC 6738 on Diameter IKEv2 SK: Using Shared Keys to Support Interaction between IKEv2 Servers and Diameter Servers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:31:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6738

        Title:      Diameter IKEv2 SK: Using Shared 
                    Keys to Support Interaction between IKEv2 
                    Servers and Diameter Servers 
        Author:     V. Cakulev,
                    A. Lior,
                    S. Mizikovsky
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 35536
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-ikev2-psk-diameter-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6738.txt

The Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2) is a component
of the IPsec architecture and is used to perform mutual
authentication as well as to establish and to maintain IPsec Security
Associations (SAs) between the respective parties.  IKEv2 supports
several different authentication mechanisms, such as the Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP), certificates, and Shared Key (SK).

Diameter interworking for Mobile IPv6 between the Home Agent (HA), as
a Diameter client, and the Diameter server has been specified.
However, that specification focused on the usage of EAP and did not
include support for SK-based authentication available with IKEv2.
This document specifies the IKEv2-server-to-Diameter-server
communication when the IKEv2 peer authenticates using IKEv2 with SK.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC