Subject: RFC 6778 on Requirements for Archiving IETF Email Lists and for Providing Web-Based Browsing and Searching

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6778

        Title:      Requirements for Archiving IETF Email 
                    Lists and for Providing Web-Based Browsing 
                    and Searching 
        Author:     R. Sparks
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15396
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sparks-genarea-mailarch-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6778.txt

The IETF makes heavy use of email lists to conduct its work.
Participants frequently need to search and browse the archives of
these lists and have asked for improved search capabilities.  The
current archive mechanism could also be made more efficient.  This
memo captures the requirements for improved email list archiving and
searching systems.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC