Subject: RFC 6783 on Mailing Lists and Non-ASCII Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 13:45:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6783

        Title:      Mailing Lists and Non-ASCII Addresses 
        Author:     J. Levine, R. Gellens
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 21960
        Obsoletes:  RFC5983

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-mailinglistbis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6783.txt

This document describes considerations for mailing lists with the
introduction of non-ASCII UTF-8 email addresses.  It outlines some
possible scenarios for handling lists with mixtures of non-ASCII and
traditional addresses but does not specify protocol changes or offer
implementation or deployment advice.  This document is a product of the 
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC