Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-05.txt> (Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:34:15 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform
   Resource Identifiers'
  <draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how the Zone Identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address can be represented in a literal IPv6 address and in a Uniform
   Resource Identifier that includes such a literal address.  It updates
   RFC 3986 accordingly.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.