Subject: RFC 6814 on Formally Deprecating Some IPv4 Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:14:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6814

        Title:      Formally Deprecating Some IPv4 Options 
        Author:     C. Pignataro, F. Gont
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11327
        Obsoletes:  RFC1385, RFC1393, RFC1475, RFC1770

        I-D Tag:    draft-gp-intarea-obsolete-ipv4-options-iana-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6814.txt

A number of IPv4 options have become obsolete in practice, but have
never been formally deprecated.  This document deprecates such IPv4
options, thus cleaning up the corresponding IANA registry.
Additionally, it obsoletes RFCs 1385, 1393, 1475, and 1770, and
requests that the RFC Editor change their status to Historic.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC