Subject: Last Call: <draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-06.txt> (Indicating Fax over IP Capability in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 06:46:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Indicating Fax over IP Capability in the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP)'
  <draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines and registers with IANA the new 'fax' media
   feature tag for use with SIP.  Currently, fax calls are
   indistinguishable from voice at call initiation.  Consequently, fax
   calls can be routed to SIP user agents that are not fax capable.  A
   'fax' media feature tag implemented in conjunction with caller
   preferences allows for more accurate fax call routing.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.