Subject: RFC 6788 on The Line-Identification Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:28:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6788

        Title:      The Line-Identification Option 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, A. Kavanagh,
                    B. Varga, S. Ooghe, E. Nordmark
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38410
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-lineid-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6788.txt

In Ethernet-based aggregation networks, several subscriber premises
may be logically connected to the same interface of an Edge Router.
This document proposes a method for the Edge Router to identify the
subscriber premises using the contents of the received Router
Solicitation messages.  The applicability is limited to broadband
network deployment scenarios in which multiple user ports are mapped to
the same virtual interface on the Edge Router.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC