Subject: Last Call: <draft-bonica-special-purpose-03.txt> (Special-Purpose Address Registries) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:55:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Special-Purpose Address Registries'
  <draft-bonica-special-purpose-03.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo instructs IANA to restructure its IPv4 and IPv6 Special-
   Purpose Address Registries.  Upon restructuring, the aforementioned
   registries will record all special-purpose address blocks,
   maintaining a common set of information regarding each address block.

   This memo updates RFC 5736 and RFC 4773, which define the current
   structure of the IPv4 and IPv6 Special-Purpose Address Registries.
   It also obsoletes RFC 5735 and RFC 5156 which document special-
   purpose address blocks that are not currently, but will in the
   future, be recorded in the IPv4 and IPv6 Special-Purpose Address
   Registries.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-special-purpose/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-special-purpose/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.