Subject: RFC 6773 on DCCP-UDP: A Datagram Congestion Control Protocol UDP Encapsulation for NAT Traversal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:12:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6773

        Title:      DCCP-UDP: A Datagram Congestion Control 
                    Protocol UDP Encapsulation for NAT Traversal 
        Author:     T. Phelan,
                    G. Fairhurst,
                    C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 45073
        Updates:    RFC4340, RFC5762

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6773.txt

This document specifies an alternative encapsulation of the Datagram
Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP), referred to as DCCP-UDP.  This
encapsulation allows DCCP to be carried through the current
generation of Network Address Translation (NAT) middleboxes without
modification of those middleboxes.  This document also updates the
Session Description Protocol (SDP) information for DCCP defined in
RFC 5762.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC