Subject: RFC 6748 on Optional Advanced Deployment Scenarios for the Identifier-Locator Network Protocol (ILNP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 16:44:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6748

        Title:      Optional Advanced Deployment Scenarios for 
                    the Identifier-Locator Network Protocol (ILNP) 
        Author:     RJ Atkinson, SN Bhatti
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 86535
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-rrg-ilnp-adv-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6748.txt

This document provides an Architectural description and the
Concept of Operations of some optional advanced deployment
scenarios for the Identifier-Locator Network Protocol (ILNP),
which is an evolutionary enhancement to IP.  None of the functions
described here is required for the use or deployment of ILNP.
Instead, it offers descriptions of engineering and deployment
options that might provide either enhanced capability or
convenience in administration or management of ILNP-based
systems.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Routing Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC