Subject: RFC 6790 on The Use of Entropy Labels in MPLS Forwarding

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:29:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6790

        Title:      The Use of Entropy Labels 
                    in MPLS Forwarding 
        Author:     K. Kompella, J. Drake,
                    S. Amante, W. Henderickx, L. Yong
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 53837
        Updates:    3031, 3107, 3209, 5036

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6790.txt

Load balancing is a powerful tool for engineering traffic across a
network.  This memo suggests ways of improving load balancing across
MPLS networks using the concept of "entropy labels".  It defines the
concept, describes why entropy labels are useful, enumerates
properties of entropy labels that allow maximal benefit, and shows
how they can be signaled and used for various applications.  This
document updates RFCs 3031, 3107, 3209, and 5036.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC