Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-algorithm-agility-08.txt> (Algorithm Agility Procedure for RPKI.) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:38:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'Algorithm Agility Procedure for RPKI.'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-algorithm-agility-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the process that Certification Authorities
   (CAs) and Relying Parties (RPs) participating in the Resource Public
   Key Infrastructure (RPKI) will need to follow to transition to a new
   (and probably cryptographically stronger) algorithm set.  The process
   is expected to be completed in a time scale of months or years.
   Consequently, no emergency transition is specified.  The transition
   procedure defined in this document supports only a top-down migration
   (parent migrates before children).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-algorithm-agility/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-algorithm-agility/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.