Subject: Document Action: 'Content Splicing for RTP Sessions' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:44:18 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Content Splicing for RTP Sessions'
  (draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-12.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp/

    Technical Summary
        This memo outlines how to perform RTP splicing.
Splicing is a process that replaces the content of the main multimedia
stream with other multimedia content, and delivers the substitutive
multimedia content to receiver for a period of time.  This memo
provides some RTP splicing use cases, then we enumerate a set of
requirements and analyze whether an existing RTP level middlebox can
meet these requirements, at last we provide concrete guidelines for how
the chosen middlebox works to handle RTP splicing.

    Working Group Summary

        This document has firm WG consensus behind it and has been
        advequate reviewed.

    Document Quality

        The sheperd is unaware of any specific implementation but
        expect this functionality to be implemented in the field.
        How well they follow the proposed method is unknown. 

Personnel

The document Shepherd is Magnus Westerlund
The responsible AD is Gonzalo Camarillo