Subject: RFC 6770 on Use Cases for Content Delivery Network Interconnection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 17:09:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6770

        Title:      Use Cases for Content Delivery 
                    Network Interconnection 
        Author:     G. Bertrand, Ed.,
                    E. Stephan, T. Burbridge,
                    P. Eardley, K. Ma,
                    G. Watson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33281
        Obsoletes:  RFC3570

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cdni-use-cases-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6770.txt

Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) are commonly used for improving the
End User experience of a content delivery service while keeping cost
at a reasonable level.  This document focuses on use cases that
correspond to identified industry needs and that are expected to be
realized once open interfaces and protocols supporting the
interconnection of CDNs are specified and implemented.  This document
can be used to motivate the definition of the requirements to be
supported by CDN Interconnection (CDNI) interfaces.  It obsoletes RFC
3570.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; 
it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC