Subject: RFC 6791 on Stateless Source Address Mapping for ICMPv6 Packets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:12:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6791

        Title:      Stateless Source Address Mapping for 
                    ICMPv6 Packets 
        Author:     X. Li, C. Bao,
                    D. Wing, R. Vaithianathan,
                    G. Huston
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11793
        Updates:    RFC6145

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-ivi-icmp-address-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6791.txt

A stateless IPv4/IPv6 translator may receive ICMPv6 packets
containing non-IPv4-translatable addresses as the source.  These
packets should be passed across the translator as ICMP packets
directed to the IPv4 destination.  This document presents
recommendations for source address translation in ICMPv6 headers to
handle such cases.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC