Subject: Please comment on IAOC candidates for IAB selection

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 06:06:02 -0800

As described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071) and BCP 113 (RFC 4333),
the IESG and the IAB each select one person for a two-year IAOC
term in alternate years. This year, the IAB will select one person
for a term beginning in March 2013. 

Following the call for nominations, which ran from 11 October 2012
through 2 November 2012, the IAB contacted each person that
was nominated, asking them to accept or reject the nomination. 
At this point, two people have indicated a willingness to serve.
They are:

  Bob Hinden
  Hassan Zaheer
       
The IAB is actively soliciting confidential comments on these people
and their ability to serve on the IAOC. The IAB needs to receive these
comments by 23 November 2012 in order to make a selection on or before
7 December 2012. Please send comments to [email-masked]  

Note that the NomCom will also be selecting a person to serve on the IAOC
for a two year term. This process is orthogonal, the IAB is not privy to
comments you might have submitted to the NomCom.

On Behalf of the IAB,
Bernard Aboba