Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-07.txt> (RADIUS Attribute for 6rd) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:39:18 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'RADIUS Attribute for 6rd'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IPv6 Rapid Deployment (6rd) is one of the most popular methods to
   provide both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity services simultaneously
   during the IPv4/IPv6 co-existing period. The Dynamic Host
   Configuration Protocol (DHCP) 6rd option has been defined to
   configure 6rd Customer Edge (CE). However, in many networks, the
   configuration information may be stored in Authentication
   Authorization and Accounting (AAA) servers while user configuration
   is mainly from Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) through DHCP protocol.
   This document defines a Remote Authentication Dial In User Service
   (RADIUS) attribute that carries 6rd configuration information from
   AAA server to BNG.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.