Subject: IESG Considering a Revision to NOTE WELL

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:00:56 -0500

The IESG is considering a revision to the NOTE WELL text.  Please review and comment.

Russ

=== Proposed Revised NOTE WELL Text ===

Note Well

This summary is only meant to point you in the right direction, and
doesn't have all the nuances. The IETF's IPR Policy is set forth in
BCP 79; please read it carefully.

The brief summary:
  - By participating with the IETF, you agree to follow IETF processes.
  - If you are aware that a contribution of yours (something you write,
    say, or discuss in any IETF context) is covered by patents or patent
    applications, you need to disclose that fact.
  - You understand that meetings might be recorded, broadcast, and
   publicly archived.

For further information: Talk to a chair, ask an Area Director, or
review  BCP 9 (on the Internet Standards Process), BCP 25 (on the
Working Group processes), BCP 78 (on the IETF Trust), and BCP 79 (on
Intellectual Property Rights in the IETF).