Subject: NomCom: Call for Nominations - IAOC Mid-Term Vacancy

From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:54:17 -0800

The IETF Nominating Committee (NomCom) has been asked to fill the 
IAOC position previously held by Marshall Eubanks. Therefore, the 
NomCom is soliciting nominations for individuals who would be a good 
choice to fill this position.

The desired qualifications for IAOC members can be found at: 
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iaoc-requirements

The NomCom is currently considering the following three individuals for 
the IAOC position previously held by Dave Crocker. The NomCom will 
additionally consider these individuals to fill the mid-term vacancy on the 
IAOC:
-- Randy Bush
-- Tobias Gondrom
-- Chris Griffiths

If you know of another individual that the NomCom should consider in 
filling the mid-term vacancy on the IAOC, please send email to 
[email-masked]. As always, the NomCom is happy to accept self-
nominations.

The NomCom wishes to move as quickly as possible in filling this mid-term 
vacancy. Therefore, if you have a Nomination to make, please do so by 
Monday, December 3.

Thank you for your help,
- Matt Lepinski
  [email-masked]

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:43:05 -0500

Hi Eric,

On 11/20/2012 10:20 AM, Eric Gray wrote:
> I think this is a point of confusion, anyway.
> 
>  
> 
> I thought the process was for the previous NomCom to be coopted to
> address any
> 
> unexpected mid-term vacancies, rather than to add the burden to the current
> 
> NomCom.

The previous Nomcom stayed constituted until the Atlanta meeting. If the
vacancy was announced before Atlanta, the previous Nomcom would have
filled the position. Right now, there is only one constituted Nomcom and
it has to fill the position.

Thanks
Suresh