Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-15.txt> (Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy Networks) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:36:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-15.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a point-to-point route discovery mechanism,
   complementary to the RPL core functionality.  This mechanism allows
   an IPv6 router to discover "on demand" routes to one or more IPv6
   routers in the LLN such that the discovered routes meet specified
   metrics constraints.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.