Subject: RFC 6823 on Advertising Generic Information in IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:31:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6823

        Title:      Advertising Generic Information in IS-IS 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg,
                    S. Previdi,
                    M. Shand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22708
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-genapp-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6823.txt

This document describes the manner in which generic application
information (i.e., information not directly related to the operation
of the Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocol)
should be advertised in IS-IS Link State Protocol Data Units (LSPs)
and defines guidelines that should be used when flooding such
information.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC