Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-08.txt> (Applicability Statement for the use of IPv6 UDP Datagrams with Zero Checksums) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:15:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Applicability Statement for the use of IPv6 UDP Datagrams with Zero
   Checksums'
  <draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides an applicability statement for the use of UDP
   transport checksums with IPv6.  It defines recommendations and
   requirements for the use of IPv6 UDP datagrams with a zero UDP
   checksum.  It describes the issues and design principles that need to
   be considered when UDP is used with IPv6 to support tunnel
   encapsulations and examines the role of the IPv6 UDP transport
   checksum.  An appendix presents a summary of the trade-offs that were
   considered in evaluating the safety of the update to RFC 2460 that
   updates use of the UDP checksum with IPv6.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.