Subject: RFC 6794 on A Framework for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Policies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:26:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6794

        Title:      A Framework for Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) Session Policies 
        Author:     V. Hilt, G. Camarillo,
                    J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 94464
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6794.txt

Proxy servers play a central role as an intermediary in the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) as they define and impact policies on call
routing, rendezvous, and other call features.  This document
specifies a framework for SIP session policies that provides a
standard mechanism by which a proxy can define or influence policies
on sessions, such as the codecs or media types to be used.  It
defines a model, an overall architecture and new protocol mechanisms
for session policies.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC