Subject: RFC 6817 on Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:39:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6817

        Title:      Low Extra Delay Background Transport 
                    (LEDBAT) 
        Author:     S. Shalunov, G. Hazel,
                    J. Iyengar, M. Kuehlewind
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 57813
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6817.txt

Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT) is an experimental
delay-based congestion control algorithm that seeks to utilize the
available bandwidth on an end-to-end path while limiting the
consequent increase in queueing delay on that path.  LEDBAT uses
changes in one-way delay measurements to limit congestion that the
flow itself induces in the network.  LEDBAT is designed for use by
background bulk-transfer applications to be no more aggressive than
standard TCP congestion control (as specified in RFC 5681) and to
yield in the presence of competing flows, thus limiting interference
with the network performance of competing flows.  This document defines 
an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Low Extra Delay Background Transport Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC