Subject: RFC 6793 on BGP Support for Four-Octet Autonomous System (AS) Number Space

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:39:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6793

        Title:      BGP Support for Four-Octet Autonomous 
                    System (AS) Number Space 
        Author:     Q. Vohra, E. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26366
        Obsoletes:  RFC4893
        Updates:    RFC4271

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-rfc4893bis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6793.txt

The Autonomous System number is encoded as a two-octet entity in the
base BGP specification.  This document describes extensions to BGP to
carry the Autonomous System numbers as four-octet entities.  This
document obsoletes RFC 4893 and updates RFC 4271.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC