Subject: RFC 6789 on Congestion Exposure (ConEx) Concepts and Use Cases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:20:39 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6789

        Title:      Congestion Exposure (ConEx) Concepts and 
                    Use Cases 
        Author:     B. Briscoe, Ed.,
                    R. Woundy, Ed.,
                    A. Cooper, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 41078
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6789.txt

This document provides the entry point to the set of documentation
about the Congestion Exposure (ConEx) protocol.  It explains the
motivation for including a ConEx marking at the IP layer: to expose
information about congestion to network nodes.  Although such
information may have a number of uses, this document focuses on how
the information communicated by the ConEx marking can serve as the
basis for significantly more efficient and effective traffic
management than what exists on the Internet today.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Congestion Exposure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC