Subject: Protocol Action: 'Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:11:00 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis-05.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis/

Technical Summary 

  This document specifies Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA)
  parameter assignment considerations for the allocation of Domain
  Name System (DNS) resource record types, CLASSes, operation codes,
  error codes, DNS protocol message header bits, and AFSDB resource
  record subtypes.

Working Group Summary 

  This document is to a large extent the same as its predecessor, but
  the working group has made some simplifications in process and these
  were not controversial. There is strong consensus behind this
  document.

Document Quality 

  There are many DNS implementations. This document is high quality
  due to reviews by a number of strong reviewers/experts including
  Alfred Hoenes and Mark Andrews.

Personnel 

  The document Shepherd is Olafur Gudmundsson [email-masked]  Ralph
  Droms is the Responsible Area Director.