Subject: Protocol Action: 'Bulk DHCPv4 Lease Query' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-bulk-leasequery-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 11:29:44 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Bulk DHCPv4 Lease Query'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-bulk-leasequery-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-bulk-leasequery/

Technical Summary

    The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4)
    Leasequery extension allows a requestor to request information
    about DHCPv4 bindings. This mechanism is limited to queries for
    individual bindings. In some situations individual binding queries
    may not be efficient, or even possible. This document extends the
    DHCPv4 Leasequery protocol to allow for bulk transfer of DHCPv4
    address binding data via TCP.

Working Group Summary

   This document received a thorough review by the WG. Many comments
   were made, and revisions done, but the process was amicable and
   seems to have satisfied all participants.

Document Quality

    The authors are aware of three client implementations and one
    server implementation of the protocol. These implementations are
    of an earlier version of the document, but the authors believe
    they have gotten a good sense of the quality of the document from
    the exercise and do not anticipate that the changes that have been
    made during review will negatively impact interoperability.

Personnel

    Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> is the Document
    Shepherd.  Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the
    Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

In the IANA Considerations section:

OLD:

   New values for this name space may only be defined by IETF Consensus,
   as described in [RFC5226]. Basically, this means that they are
   defined by RFCs approved by the IESG.

NEW:

   New values for this name space may only be defined by IETF Review,
   as described in [RFC5226].