Subject: RFC 6807 on Population Count Extensions to Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:20:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6807

        Title:      Population Count Extensions to Protocol 
                    Independent Multicast (PIM) 
        Author:     D. Farinacci, G. Shepherd,
                    S. Venaas, Y. Cai
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32114
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-pop-count-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6807.txt

This specification defines a method for providing multicast
distribution-tree accounting data.  Simple extensions to the Protocol
Independent Multicast (PIM) protocol allow a rough approximation of
tree-based data in a scalable fashion.  This document defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC