Subject: Document Action: 'Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols (KARP) Overview, Threats, and Requirements' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:03:39 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols (KARP) Overview,
   Threats, and Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Keying and Authentication for Routing
Protocols Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs/

Technical Summary

Existing IAB work recommends the tightening of the security of
the core routing infrastructure. This document provides a threat 
analysis for attacks against routing protocols' transports and 
the then enumerates the requirements for addressing the 
described threats. It is intended to be used by KARP 
design teams in their analysis of routing protocols, and will 
generally be useful in the analysis of routing protocols.

Working Group Summary

The working group support publication of this document as
an informational document.

Document Quality

This informational document does not specify a protocol 
or other semantics that can be directly implemented, thus 
there are no machine implementations. However, in terms 
of quality it has been reviewed by a number of security 
experts. 

Personnel

Brian Weis ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd 
for this document.

Stewart Bryant ([email-masked]) is the 
Responsible Area Director.