Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-18.txt> (Call Completion for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:38:32 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Basic Level of Interoperability
for SIP Services WG (bliss) to consider the following document:
- 'Call Completion for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The call completion feature defined in this specification allows the
   caller of a failed call to be notified when the callee becomes
   available to receive a call.

   For the realization of a basic solution without queuing, this
   document references the usage of the dialog event package (RFC 4235)
   that is described as 'automatic redial' in the SIP Service Examples
   (RFC 5359).

   For the realization of a more comprehensive solution with queuing,
   this document introduces an architecture for implementing these
   features in the Session Initiation Protocol where "call completion"
   implementations associated with the caller's and callee's endpoints
   cooperate to place the caller's request for call completion into a
   queue at the callee's endpoint, and when a caller's request is ready
   to be serviced, re-attempt of the original, failed call is made.

   The architecture is designed to interoperate well with existing call-
   completion solutions in other networks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bliss-call-completion/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.