Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipclf-format-09.txt> (Format for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format (CLF)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:11:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP Common Log Format WG
(sipclf) to consider the following document:
- 'Format for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format
   (CLF)'
  <draft-ietf-sipclf-format-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The SIPCLF Workgroup has defined a common log format framework for
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) servers.  This common log format
   mimics the successful event logging format found in well-known web
   servers like Apache and web proxies like Squid.  This document
   proposes an indexed text encoding format for the SIP Common Log
   Format (CLF) that retains the key advantages of a text-based format,
   while significantly increasing processing performance over a purely
   text-based implementation.  This file format adheres to the SIP CLF
   data model and provides an effective encoding scheme for all
   mandatory and optional fields that appear in a SIP CLF record.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipclf-format/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipclf-format/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.