Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-08.txt> (464XLAT: Combination of Stateful and Stateless Translation) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 14:36:37 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- '464XLAT: Combination of Stateful and Stateless Translation'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-08.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an architecture (464XLAT) for providing
   limited IPv4 connectivity across an IPv6-only network by combining
   existing and well-known stateful protocol translation RFC 6146 in the
   core and stateless protocol translation RFC 6145 at the edge. 464XLAT
   is a simple and scalable technique to quickly deploy limited IPv4
   access service to IPv6-only edge networks without encapsulation.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1730/