Subject: RFC 6796 on A User Agent Profile Data Set for Media Policy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:27:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6796

        Title:      A User Agent Profile Data 
                    Set for Media Policy 
        Author:     V. Hilt, G. Camarillo,
                    J. Rosenberg, D. Worley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 88634
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-camarillo-rai-media-policy-dataset-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6796.txt

This specification defines an XML document format to describe the
media properties of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) sessions.
Examples for media properties are the codecs or media types used in
the session.  This document also defines an XML document format to
describe policies that limit the media properties of SIP sessions.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC