Subject: RFC 6764 on Locating Services for Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV) and vCard Extensions to WebDAV (CardDAV)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:44:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6764

        Title:      Locating Services for Calendaring Extensions 
                    to WebDAV (CalDAV) and vCard Extensions 
                    to WebDAV (CardDAV) 
        Author:     C. Daboo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28361
        Updates:    RFC4791, RFC6352

        I-D Tag:    draft-daboo-srv-caldav-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6764.txt

This specification describes how DNS SRV records, DNS TXT records,
and well-known URIs can be used together or separately to locate
CalDAV (Calendaring Extensions to Web Distributed Authoring and
Versioning (WebDAV)) or CardDAV (vCard Extensions to WebDAV)
services.  

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC