Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity-01.txt> (Flow Identity Extension for HELD) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:03:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Flow Identity Extension for HELD'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 6155 specifies an extension for the HTTP-Enabled Location
   Delivery (HELD) Protocol allowing the use of an IP address and port
   number to request a Device location based on an individual packet
   flow.

   However, certain kinds of NAT require that identifiers for both ends
   of the packet flow must be specified in order to unambiguously
   satisfy the location request.

   This document specifies an XML Schema and URN Sub-Namespace for a
   Flow Identity Extension for HELD to support this requirement.

   This document updates RFC 6155 by deprecating the port number
   elements specified therein.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.