Subject: RFC 6761 on Special-Use Domain Names

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:40:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6761

        Title:      Special-Use Domain Names 
        Author:     S. Cheshire, M. Krochmal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28862
        Updates:    RFC1918, RFC2606

        I-D Tag:    draft-cheshire-dnsext-special-names-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6761.txt

This document describes what it means to say that a Domain Name (DNS
name) is reserved for special use, when reserving such a name is
appropriate, and the procedure for doing so.  It establishes an IANA
registry for such domain names, and seeds it with entries for some of
the already established special domain names.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC