Subject: RFC 6866 on Problem Statement for Renumbering IPv6 Hosts with Static Addresses in Enterprise Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:34:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6866

        Title:      Problem Statement for Renumbering IPv6 
                    Hosts with Static Addresses in Enterprise 
                    Networks 
        Author:     B. Carpenter, S. Jiang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 26524
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6renum-static-problem-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6866.txt

This document analyses the problems of updating the IPv6 addresses of
hosts in enterprise networks that, for operational reasons, require
static addresses.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Site Renumbering Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC