Subject: RFC 6873 on Format for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format (CLF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:06:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6873

        Title:      Format for the Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format (CLF) 
        Author:     G. Salgueiro,
                    V. Gurbani,
                    A. B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 63449
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipclf-format-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6873.txt

The SIPCLF working group has defined a Common Log Format (CLF)
framework for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) servers.  This CLF
mimics the successful event logging format found in well-known web
servers like Apache and web proxies like Squid.  This document
proposes an indexed text encoding format for the SIP CLF that retains
the key advantages of a text-based format while significantly
increasing processing performance over a purely text-based
implementation.  This file format adheres to the SIP CLF information
model and provides an effective encoding scheme for all mandatory and
optional fields that appear in a SIP CLF record.  

This document is a product of the SIP Common Log Format Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC