Subject: Document Action: 'The application/sql Media Type' to Informational RFC (draft-shafranovich-mime-sql-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:10:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The application/sql Media Type'
  (draft-shafranovich-mime-sql-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shafranovich-mime-sql/

Technical Summary

This document registers the application/sql media type to be used
for the Structured Query Language (SQL).  It is a simple,
Informational document that does the IANA registration in the
Standards Tree, according to draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs.

Review and Consensus

The document has been reviewed on the media-types mailing list,
as specified in draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs, and the
author has made the changes suggested in reviews there.  The
media types Designated Expert was one of the reviewers.  One
Last Call comment on the main IETF list has also been addressed.
There are no known objections to this registration.

Personnel

Barry Leiba is the responsible AD, and is serving as the document
shepherd.

RFC Editor Note

Please clarify the IANA Considerations by replacing Section 4:

OLD
   IANA is asked to register the media type application/sql in the
   Standards tree using the application provided in Section 3 of this
   document.

NEW
   IANA is asked to register "application/sql" in the Standards tree
   of the Media Types registry, using the application provided in
   Section 3 of this document.