Subject: RFC 6869 on vCard KIND:device

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 17:48:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6869

        Title:      vCard KIND:device 
        Author:     G. Salgueiro, J. Clarke,
                    P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 14648
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6869.txt

This document defines a value of "device" for the vCard KIND property
so that the vCard format can be used to represent computing devices
such as appliances, computers, or network elements (e.g., a server,
router, switch, printer, sensor, or phone).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC