Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-metrics-rationale-02.txt> (Link Metrics for the Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Routing Protocol OLSRv2 - Rationale) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 06:53:55 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Link Metrics for the Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Routing Protocol
   OLSRv2 - Rationale'
  <draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-metrics-rationale-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-03-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OLSRv2 includes the ability to assign metrics to links and to use
   those metrics to allow routing by other than minimum hop count
   routes.  This document provides a historic record of the rationale
   for, and design considerations behind, how link metrics were included
   in OLSRv2.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-metrics-rationale/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-metrics-rationale/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.