Subject: RFC 6874 on Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:26:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6874

        Title:      Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in 
                    Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers 
        Author:     B. Carpenter,
                    S. Cheshire,
                    R. Hinden
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19361
        Updates:    RFC3986

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6874.txt

This document describes how the zone identifier of an IPv6 scoped
address, defined as <zone_id> in the IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture
(RFC 4007), can be represented in a literal IPv6 address and in a
Uniform Resource Identifier that includes such a literal address.  It
updates the URI Generic Syntax specification (RFC 3986) accordingly. 

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC