Subject: RFC 6868 on Parameter Value Encoding in iCalendar and vCard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:06:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6868

        Title:      Parameter Value Encoding in iCalendar 
                    and vCard 
        Author:     C. Daboo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 11025
        Updates:    RFC5545, RFC6321, RFC6350, RFC6351

        I-D Tag:    draft-daboo-ical-vcard-parameter-encoding-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6868.txt

This specification updates the data formats for iCalendar (RFC 5545)
and vCard (RFC 6350) to allow parameter values to include certain
characters forbidden by the existing specifications.  

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC