Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-gach-adv-06.txt> (MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) Advertisement Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:42:37 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) Advertisement Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-gach-adv-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) provides an auxiliary
   logical data channel associated with a Label Switched Path (LSP), a
   pseudowire, or a section (link) over which a variety of protocols may
   flow.  These protocols are commonly used to provide Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) mechanisms associated with the
   primary data channel.  This document specifies simple procedures by
   which an endpoint of an LSP, pseudowire, or section may inform the
   other endpoints of its capabilities and configuration parameters, or
   other application-specific information.  This information may then be
   used by the receiver to validate or adjust its local configuration,
   and by the network operator for diagnostic purposes.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-gach-adv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-gach-adv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.