Subject: RFC 6763 on DNS-Based Service Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:41:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6763

        Title:      DNS-Based Service Discovery 
        Author:     S. Cheshire, M. Krochmal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 125192
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cheshire-dnsext-dns-sd-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6763.txt

This document specifies how DNS resource records are named and
structured to facilitate service discovery.  Given a type of service
that a client is looking for, and a domain in which the client is
looking for that service, this mechanism allows clients to discover a list of
named instances of that desired service, using standard DNS queries.
This mechanism is referred to as DNS-based Service Discovery, or DNS-SD.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC