Subject: Document Action: 'IANA Registering a SIP Resource Priority Header Field Namespace for Local Emergency Communications' to Informational RFC (draft-polk-local-emergency-rph-namespace-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:39:58 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Registering a SIP Resource Priority Header Field Namespace for
   Local Emergency Communications'
  (draft-polk-local-emergency-rph-namespace-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-polk-local-emergency-rph-namespace/

  Technical Summary
      This document creates the new Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
      Resource Priority header field namespace "esnet" for local emergency
      usage to a public safety answering point (PSAP), between PSAPs, and
      between a PSAP and first responders and their organizations, and
      places this namespace in the IANA registry.

  Working Group Summary
    This document is an AD sponsored individual submission, but has been
    reviewed by the ecrit working group. 

  Document Quality   
    A number of reviewers, including Janet Gunn have done a thorough review
    of the document, and all concerns raised by reviews have been resolved. 
    Organizations such as NENA have indicated a requirement for this namespace.

  Personnel
   Brian Rosen is the document shepherd.
   Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director.