Subject: Document Action: 'Use Cases and Interpretation of RPKI Objects for Issuers and Relying Parties' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-sidr-usecases-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 16:55:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use Cases and Interpretation of RPKI Objects for Issuers and Relying
   Parties'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-usecases-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-usecases/

Technical Summary

This document provides use cases, directions, and interpretations for
organizations and relying parties when creating or encountering RPKI
object scenarios in the public RPKI. All of the above are discussed
here in relation to the Internet routing system. 

Working Group Summary

One reviewer suggested to expand the usecases to cover ongoing work 
that is out of the scope of the current document. The draft as is has 
utility at the present time. Future documents can address additional 
usecases if and when needed.

Nothing else to report, apart from the document taking a bit longer 
in the WG than expected.

Document Quality

Several prototype implementations (and even commercial for some parts) exist.

Reviewers attention is drawn to the Section 1.2 which describes why
RFC1918 prefixes are used rather than the RFC5737 prefixes.
This was discussed in the Working Group and was the agreed way
forward. 

Personnel

Alexey Melnikov is the document shepherd. 
Stewart Bryant is the Responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

In the acknowledgements please
s/Stephen Farrel/Stephen Farrell/