Subject: RFC 6879 on IPv6 Enterprise Network Renumbering Scenarios, Considerations, and Methods

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:35:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6879

        Title:      IPv6 Enterprise Network Renumbering Scenarios, 
                    Considerations, and Methods 
        Author:     S. Jiang, B. Liu,
                    B. Carpenter
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38833
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6renum-enterprise-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6879.txt

This document analyzes events that cause renumbering and describes
the current renumbering methods.  These are described in three
categories: those applicable during network design, those applicable
during preparation for renumbering, and those applicable during the
renumbering operation.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Site Renumbering Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC