Subject: Last Call: <draft-templin-intarea-seal-51.txt> (The Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation Layer (SEAL)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 06:50:42 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation Layer (SEAL)'
  <draft-templin-intarea-seal-51.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   For the purpose of this document, a subnetwork is defined as a
   virtual topology configured over a connected IP network routing
   region and bounded by encapsulating border nodes.  These virtual
   topologies are manifested by tunnels that may span multiple IP and/or
   sub-IP layer forwarding hops, where they may incur packet
   duplication, packet reordering, source address spoofing and traversal
   of links with diverse Maximum Transmission Units (MTUs).  This
   document specifies a Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation Layer
   (SEAL) that addresses these issues.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-intarea-seal/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-intarea-seal/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.