Subject: Last Call: <draft-cardenas-dff-09.txt> (Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks (DFF)) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 05:21:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks (DFF)'
  <draft-cardenas-dff-09.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the "Depth-First Forwarding" (DFF) protocol
   for IPv6 networks, a data forwarding mechanism that can increase
   reliability of data delivery in networks with dynamic topology and/or
   lossy links.  The protocol operates entirely on the forwarding plane,
   but may interact with the routing plane.  DFF forwards data packets
   using a mechanism similar to a "depth-first search" for the
   destination of a packet.  The routing plane may be informed of
   failures to deliver a packet or loops.  This document specifies the
   DFF mechanism both for IPv6 networks (as specified in RFC2460) and in
   addition also for LoWPAN "mesh-under" networks (as specified in
   RFC4944).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1645/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1646/