Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv4 Traffic Offload Selector Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-sipto-option-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:48:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv4 Traffic Offload Selector Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  (draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-sipto-option-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-sipto-option/

Technical Summary:

This specification defines a mechanism and a related mobility option for
carrying IPv4 Offload traffic selectors between a mobile access gateway
and a local mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.  Based on the
received offload flow selectors from the local mobility anchor, a mobile
access gateway can enable offload traffic rule on the selected IPv4 flows.

The intent of the option being defined in this I-D is to enable IPv4 traffic
associated with a mobile node to be routed from the access network itself
instead of having to tunnel it back to the home network (Local Mobility Agent).

Working Group Summary:

There is nothing unusual about this I-D or WG process w.r.t this I-D that is
noteworthy. The I-D has been presented and discussed at various IETF
meetings and has been reviewed by several WG members and chair. Since
one of the co-authors (Rajeev Koodli) is also a Netext WG chair, he has
recused himself from the review or shepherding process and I am acting
as the sole chair with responsibility for this I-D.

Document Quality:

There are no known implementations of this extension at the present time.
A few vendors have expressed plans to implement this specification as part
of their 3GPP solutions for traffic offloading.  All reviewers of this I-D have
been acknowledged and there is no reason for a special mention of any
specific reviewer.  This I-D did not specify a MIB or any Media type and
hence such experts were not called upon to provide their feedback.

Personnel:

Document shepherd: Basavaraj Patil (NetExt WG Co-chair)
Responsible AD: Brian Haberman