Subject: RFC 6906 on The 'profile' Link Relation Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:29:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6906

        Title:      The 'profile' Link Relation Type 
        Author:     E. Wilde
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 18469
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wilde-profile-link-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6906.txt

This specification defines the 'profile' link relation type that
allows resource representations to indicate that they are following
one or more profiles.  A profile is defined not to alter the
semantics of the resource representation itself, but to allow clients
to learn about additional semantics (constraints, conventions,
extensions) that are associated with the resource representation, in
addition to those defined by the media type and possibly other
mechanisms.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC