Subject: Protocol Action: 'MPLS-TP Identifiers Following ITU-T Conventions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-itu-t-identifiers-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:52:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Identifiers Following ITU-T Conventions'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-itu-t-identifiers-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-itu-t-identifiers/

Technical Summary

  This document augments the initial set of identifiers to be used in 
  the Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) 
  defined in RFC6370. 

  RFC6370 defines a set of MPLS-TP transport and management entity 
  identifiers to support bidirectional (co-routed and associated) 
  point-to-point MPLS-TP LSPs, including PWs and Sections which follow 
  the IP/MPLS conventions. 

  This document specifies an alternative way to uniquely identify an 
  operator/service provider based on ITU-T conventions, and specifies 
  how this operator/service provider identifier can be used to make the 
  existing set of MPLS-TP transport and management entity identifiers, 
  defined by RFC6370, globally unique. 

  This document solely defines those identifiers.  Their use and 
  possible protocols extensions to carry them is out of scope in this 
  document. 

Working Group Summary: 

  When we started the MPLS-TP project, it was generally understood that 
  the IETF protocols would be the protocols to be extended and built 
  upon. Backwards compatibility and one single MPLS technology, among 
  other things were considered important. 

  However, it was also agreed that MPLS-TP should be possible to run in 
  networks that do not natively include IP routing and IP addressing.
  This doucment specifies a set of identifiers for such networks. 

  While the working group has never taken a strong interest in this 
  document, there has also been a general agreement that the 
  "ITU-T identifiers" need to be specified as part of the MPLS-TP
   project. 

Document Quality: 

  We do not know any implementations of this draft. 

Personnel: 

  Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd. 
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

Section 8
s/describe use/describe the use/