Subject: BCP 181, RFC 6881 on Best Current Practice for Communications Services in Support of Emergency Calling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:28:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 181        
        RFC 6881

        Title:      Best Current Practice for Communications 
                    Services in Support of Emergency Calling 
        Author:     B. Rosen, J. Polk
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 63007
        See Also:   BCP 181

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6881.txt

The IETF and other standards organizations have efforts targeted at
standardizing various aspects of placing emergency calls on IP
networks.  This memo describes best current practice on how devices,
networks, and services using IETF protocols should use such standards
to make emergency calls.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC