Subject: RFC 6858 on Simplified POP and IMAP Downgrading for Internationalized Email

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6858

        Title:      Simplified POP and IMAP Downgrading 
                    for Internationalized Email 
        Author:     A. Gulbrandsen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12169
        Updates:    RFC 3501

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6858.txt

This document specifies a method for IMAP and POP servers to serve
internationalized messages to conventional clients.  The specification
is simple, easy to implement, and provides only rudimentary results.

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC