Subject: Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Attribute for 6rd' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 13:05:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RADIUS Attribute for 6rd'
  (draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib/

Technical Summary 

  IPv6 Rapid Deployment (6rd) provides IPv6 connectivity over legacy
  IPv4-only infrastructure. The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
  (DHCP) 6rd option has been defined to configure 6rd Customer Edge
  (CE).  However, in many networks, the configuration information may
  be stored in AAA servers, while users may be configured by Broadband
  Network Gateway (BNG) through DHCP. This document defines a RADIUS
  attribute that carries 6rd configuration information from AAA server
  to BNG.

Working Group Summary 
 
  This document was discussed in depth and well-reviewed. The document
  was also presented and reviewed in wg radext.  WG consensus is
  strong to publish this document.  The authors also revised the
  document based on the review comments given by IESG on a similar
  document, RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite, RFC 6519.

Document Quality 

  As far as we know, there is no existing implementation yet.  A
  couple of vendors may have the plan to implement.  This may not be
  counted as a significant number, yet.

Personnel

  Softwire co-chair, Yong Cui, is the Document Shepherd.   Ralph
  Droms is the Responsible AD.