Subject: RFC 6892 on The 'describes' Link Relation Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:18:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6892

        Title:      The 'describes' Link Relation Type 
        Author:     E. Wilde
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10846
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wilde-describes-link-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6892.txt

This specification defines the 'describes' link relation type that
allows resource representations to indicate that they are describing
another resource.  In contexts where applications want to associate
described resources and description resources, and want to build
services based on these associations, the 'describes' link relation
type provides the opposite direction of the 'describedby' link
relation type, which already is a registered link relation type.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC