Subject: RFC 6854 on Update to Internet Message Format to Allow Group Syntax in the "From:" and "Sender:" Header Fields

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:41:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6854

        Title:      Update to Internet Message Format 
                    to Allow Group Syntax in the 
                    "From:" and "Sender:" Header Fields 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20190
        Updates:    RFC5322

        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-5322upd-from-group-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6854.txt

The Internet Message Format (RFC 5322) allows "group" syntax in some
email header fields, such as "To:" and "CC:", but not in "From:" or
"Sender:".  This document updates RFC 5322 to relax that restriction,
allowing group syntax in those latter fields, as well as in
"Resent-From:" and "Resent-Sender:", in certain situations.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC