Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-10.txt> (WebFinger) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 12:24:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'WebFinger'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines the WebFinger protocol, which can be used
   to discover information about people or other entities on the
   Internet using standard HTTP methods.  WebFinger discovers
   information for a URI that might not be usable as a locator
   otherwise, such as account or email URIs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.