Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-09.txt> (RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) Independent Decodability Statistics Metrics reporting) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 07:08:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Metric Blocks for use with
RTCP's Extended Report Framework WG (xrblock) to consider the following
document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2
   Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI)
   Independent Decodability Statistics Metrics reporting'
  <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-03-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   An MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS) is a standard container format used in
   the transmission and storage of multimedia data.  Unicast/Multicast
   MPEG2 TS over RTP is widely deployed in IPTV systems.  This document
   defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block
   that allows the reporting of MPEG2 TS Program Specific Information
   (PSI) Independent decodability statistics metrics related to
   transmissions of MPEG2 TS over RTP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.