Subject: RFC 6882 on Support for Resource Reservation Protocol Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) in Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks (L3VPNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:28:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6882

        Title:      Support for Resource Reservation Protocol 
                    Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) in Layer 3 
                    Virtual Private Networks (L3VPNs) 
        Author:     K. Kumaki, Ed.,
                    T. Murai, D. Cheng,
                    S. Matsushima, P. Jiang
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33125
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kumaki-murai-l3vpn-rsvp-te-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6882.txt

IP Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) provide connectivity between sites
across an IP/MPLS backbone.  These VPNs can be operated using BGP/MPLS,
and a single Provider Edge (PE) node may provide access to multiple
customer sites belonging to different VPNs.

The VPNs may support a number of customer services, including RSVP and
Resource Reservation Protocol Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) traffic.  This
document describes how to support RSVP-TE between customer sites when a 
single PE supports multiple VPNs and labels are not used to identify VPNs 
between PEs.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC