Subject: RFC 6878 on IANA Registry for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) "Priority" Header Field

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 16:01:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6878

        Title:      IANA Registry for the Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) "Priority" Header Field 
        Author:     A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 4688
        Updates:    RFC3261

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-priority-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6878.txt

This document defines a new IANA registry to keep track of the values
defined for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) "Priority" header
field.  It updates RFC 3261.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC