Subject: RFC 6855 on IMAP Support for UTF-8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:42:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6855

        Title:      IMAP Support for UTF-8 
        Author:     P. Resnick, Ed.,
                    C. Newman, Ed.,
                    S. Shen, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24369
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5738

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-5738bis-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6855.txt

This specification extends the Internet Message Access Protocol
(IMAP) to support UTF-8 encoded international
characters in user names, mail addresses, and message headers.
This specification replaces RFC 5738.

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC