Subject: RFC 6894 on Methodology for Benchmarking MPLS Traffic Engineered (MPLS-TE) Fast Reroute Protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:15:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6894

        Title:      Methodology for Benchmarking MPLS Traffic 
                    Engineered (MPLS-TE) Fast Reroute Protection 
        Author:     R. Papneja, S. Vapiwala,
                    J. Karthik, S. Poretsky,
                    S. Rao, JL. Le Roux
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 64597
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6894.txt

This document describes the methodology for benchmarking MPLS Fast
Reroute (FRR) protection mechanisms for link and node protection.
This document provides test methodologies and testbed setup for
measuring failover times of Fast Reroute techniques while considering
factors (such as underlying links) that might impact
recovery times for real-time applications bound to MPLS Traffic
Engineered (MPLS-TE) tunnels.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC