Subject: BCP 42, RFC 6895 on Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 42        
        RFC 6895

        Title:      Domain Name System (DNS) 
                    IANA Considerations 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 38979
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6195
        Updates:    RFC 1183, RFC 2845, RFC 2930, RFC 3597
        See Also:   BCP 42

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6895.txt

This document specifies Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
parameter assignment considerations for the allocation of Domain Name
System (DNS) resource record types, CLASSes, operation codes, error
codes, DNS protocol message header bits, and AFSDB resource record
subtypes.  It obsoletes RFC 6195 and updates RFCs 1183, 2845, 2930,
and 3597.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC