Subject: RFC 6917 on Media Resource Brokering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6917

        Title:      Media Resource Brokering 
        Author:     C. Boulton, L. Miniero,
                    G. Munson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      136
        Characters: 280399
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6917.txt

The MediaCtrl working group in the IETF has proposed an architecture
for controlling media services.  The Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) is used as the signaling protocol that provides many inherent
capabilities for message routing.  In addition to such signaling
properties, a need exists for intelligent, application-level media
service selection based on non-static signaling properties.  This is
especially true when considered in conjunction with deployment
architectures that include 1:M and M:N combinations of Application
Servers and Media Servers.  This document introduces a Media Resource
Broker (MRB) entity, which manages the availability of Media Servers
and the media resource demands of Application Servers.  The document
includes potential deployment options for an MRB and appropriate
interfaces to Application Servers and Media Servers.

This document is a product of the Media Server Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC