Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-rfc2050bis-01.txt> (The Internet Numbers Registry System) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:06:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The Internet Numbers Registry System'
  <draft-housley-rfc2050bis-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides information about the current Internet Numbers
   Registry System used in the distribution of globally unique Internet
   Protocol (IP) address space and autonomous system (AS) numbers.

   This document also provides information about the processes for
   further evolution of the Internet Numbers Registry System.

   This document replaces RFC 2050.

   This document does not propose any changes to the Internet Numbers
   Registry System.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-rfc2050bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-rfc2050bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.