Subject: RFC 6921 on Design Considerations for Faster-Than-Light (FTL) Communication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 14:58:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6921

        Title:      Design Considerations for Faster-Than-Light (FTL) 
                    Communication 
        Author:     R. Hinden
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15100
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hinden-FTL-design-considerations-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6921.txt

We are approaching the time when we will be able to communicate
faster than the speed of light.  It is well known that as we approach
the speed of light, time slows down.  Logically, it is reasonable to
assume that as we go faster than the speed of light, time will
reverse.  The major consequence of this for Internet protocols is
that packets will arrive before they are sent.  This will have a
major impact on the way we design Internet protocols.  This paper
outlines some of the issues and suggests some directions for
additional analysis of these issues.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC