Subject: RFC 6944 on Applicability Statement: DNS Security (DNSSEC) DNSKEY Algorithm Implementation Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6944

        Title:      Applicability Statement: DNS Security (DNSSEC) 
                    DNSKEY Algorithm Implementation Status 
        Author:     S. Rose
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13876
        Updates:    RFC 2536, RFC 2539, RFC 3110, RFC 4034, 
                    RFC 4398, RFC 5155, RFC 5702, RFC 5933

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-imp-status-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6944.txt

The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) requires the use of
cryptographic algorithm suites for generating digital signatures over
DNS data.  There is currently an IANA registry for these algorithms,
but there is no record of the recommended implementation status of
each algorithm.  This document provides an applicability statement on
algorithm implementation status for DNSSEC component software.  This
document lists each algorithm's status based on the current
reference.  In the case that an algorithm is specified without an
implementation status, this document assigns one.  This document
updates RFCs 2536, 2539, 3110, 4034, 4398, 5155, 5702, and 5933.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC