Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for Summary Statistics Metrics Reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-summary-stat-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 06:35:51 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for Summary
   Statistics Metrics Reporting'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-summary-stat-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-summary-stat/

Technical Summary 

This document defines three RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended 
Report (XR) Blocks that allow the reporting of loss, duplication and 
discard summary statistics metrics in a range of RTP applications. 

Working Group Summary 

The WG path of this document was reasonably short and efficient. 
Many technical comments were made during the reviews and all were 
resolved with consensus. 

Document Quality 

At least one vendor has implemented this draft. It is expected that with 
the approval of this document the number of implementations will increase. 

Personnel 

Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the Responsible Area Director.