Subject: Protocol Action: 'ForCES Logical Function Block (LFB) Library' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-forces-lfb-lib-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 10:19:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'ForCES Logical Function Block (LFB) Library'
  (draft-ietf-forces-lfb-lib-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-lfb-lib/

Technical Summary

   This document defines basic classes of Logical Function Blocks (LFBs)
   used in the Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES).  The
   basic LFB classes are defined according to ForCES FE model and ForCES
   protocol specifications, and are scoped to meet requirements of
   typical router functions and considered as the basic LFB library for
   ForCES.  The library includes the descriptions of the LFBs and the
   XML definitions.

Working Group Summary: 

  Standard WG discussions, nothing controversial. 
  The document was returned to the authors after AD review. The issues
  were addressed in public on the WG mailing list.

Document Quality: 

  There are known implementations of this document. 

  Version 00 of this document was published in 2009 and has
  undergone feedback based on implementation and architecture
  discussion. 

Personnel: 

  Jamal Hadi Salim ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

  The three unused references may be safely removed.