Subject: BCP 153, RFC 6890 on Special-Purpose IP Address Registries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:17:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 153        
        RFC 6890

        Title:      Special-Purpose IP Address Registries 
        Author:     M. Cotton,
                    L. Vegoda,
                    R. Bonica, Ed.,
                    B. Haberman
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 48326
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4773, RFC 5156, RFC 5735, RFC 5736
        See Also:   BCP 153

        I-D Tag:    draft-bonica-special-purpose-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6890.txt

This memo reiterates the assignment of an IPv4 address block
(192.0.0.0/24) to IANA.  It also instructs IANA to restructure its
IPv4 and IPv6 Special-Purpose Address Registries.  Upon restructuring,
the aforementioned registries will record all special-purpose address
blocks, maintaining a common set of information regarding each address
block.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC