Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for Examples' to Best Current Practice (draft-saintandre-urn-example-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 07:27:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for Examples'
  (draft-saintandre-urn-example-05.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-urn-example/

Technical Summary

This document defines a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace identifier
enabling generation of URNs that are appropriate for use in documentation,
private testing, and the like.

The document targets BCP, because it recommends use of these example URNs
as examples in documents.

Review and Consensus

Although not a WG document, it has been discussed a little on the URNbis WG's
mailing list (around http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/urn/current/msg01844.html).
There was little feedback on the actual proposal (as opposed to philosophical
discussions about what URNs are for).

Personnel

Julian Reschke is the document shepherd. Barry Leiba is the responsible
Area Director.