Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements-07.txt> (Using Device-provided Location-Related Measurements in Location Configuration Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:56:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Using Device-provided Location-Related Measurements in Location
   Configuration Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A method is described by which a Device is able to provide location-
   related measurement data to a LIS within a request for location
   information.  Location-related measurement information are
   observations concerning properties related to the position of a
   Device, which could be data about network attachment or about the
   physical environment.  When a LIS generates location information for
   a Device, information from the Device can improve the accuracy of the
   location estimate.  A basic set of location-related measurements are
   defined, including common modes of network attachment as well as
   assisted Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) parameters.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1561/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1563/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1590/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1807/