Subject: RFC 6919 on Further Key Words for Use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 14:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6919

        Title:      Further Key Words for Use 
                    in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels 
        Author:     R. Barnes, 
                    S. Kent,
                    E. Rescorla
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11076
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-barnes-2119bis-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6919.txt

RFC 2119 defines a standard set of key words for describing
requirements of a specification.  Many IETF documents have found that
these words cannot accurately capture the nuanced requirements of
their specification.  This document defines additional key words that
can be used to address alternative requirements scenarios.  Authors
who follow these guidelines should incorporate this phrase near the
beginning of their document:

The key words "MUST (BUT WE KNOW YOU WON'T)", "SHOULD CONSIDER",
"REALLY SHOULD NOT", "OUGHT TO", "WOULD PROBABLY", "MAY WISH TO",
"COULD", "POSSIBLE", and "MIGHT" in this document are to be
interpreted as described in RFC 6919.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC