Subject: Last Call: <draft-sheffer-running-code-04.txt> (Improving Awareness of Running Code: the Implementation Status Section) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:57:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Improving Awareness of Running Code: the Implementation Status
Section'
  <draft-sheffer-running-code-04.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
   Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
   including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
   reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to documents
   that have the benefit of running code, by considering the running
   code as evidence of valuable experimentation and feedback that has
   made the implemented protocols more mature.

   The process in this document is offered as an experiment.  Authors of
   Internet-Drafts are encouraged to consider using the process for
   their documents, and working groups are invited to think about
   applying the process to all of their protocol specifications.  The
   authors of this document intend to collate experiences with this
   experiment and to report them to the community.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-running-code/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-running-code/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.