Subject: RFC 6924 on Registration of Second-Level URN Namespaces under "ietf"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6924

        Title:      Registration of Second-Level URN Namespaces 
                    under "ietf" 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 5952
        Updates:    RFC 2648

        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6924.txt

RFC 2648 defines the "ietf" URN namespace and a number of sub-
namespaces.  RFC 3553 defines an additional sub-namespace, "params",
and creates a registry to document allocations under that.  But there
is no registry that lists, in one place, all sub-namespaces of
"ietf".  This document creates and populates such a registry, thereby
changing the mechanism defined in RFC 2648 for adding new sub-
namespaces of "ietf".

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC