Subject: RFC 6914 on SIMPLE Made Simple: An Overview of the IETF Specifications for Instant Messaging and Presence Using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:23:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6914

        Title:      SIMPLE Made Simple: An Overview 
                    of the IETF Specifications for Instant 
                    Messaging and Presence Using the Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35472
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-simple-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6914.txt

The IETF has produced many specifications related to Presence and
Instant Messaging with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
Collectively, these specifications are known as SIP for Instant
Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions (SIMPLE).  This document
serves as a guide to the SIMPLE suite of specifications.  It
categorizes the specifications, explains what each is for, and how
they relate to each other.

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC