Subject: RFC 6941 on MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Security Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:32:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6941

        Title:      MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Security 
                    Framework 
        Author:     L. Fang, Ed.,
                    B. Niven-Jenkins, Ed.,
                    S. Mansfield, Ed.,
                    R. Graveman, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 27119
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6941.txt

This document provides a security framework for the MPLS Transport
Profile (MPLS-TP).  MPLS-TP extends MPLS
technologies and introduces new Operations, Administration, and
Maintenance (OAM) capabilities, a transport-oriented path protection
mechanism, and strong emphasis on static provisioning supported by
network management systems.  This document addresses the security
aspects relevant in the context of MPLS-TP specifically.  It describes
potential security threats as well as mitigation procedures related
to MPLS-TP networks and to MPLS-TP interconnection to other MPLS and
GMPLS networks.  This document is built on RFC 5920
("Security Framework for MPLS and GMPLS Networks") by providing
additional security considerations that are applicable to the MPLS-TP
extensions.  All the security considerations from RFC 5920 are
assumed to apply.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3)
architectures to support the capabilities and functionality of a
packet transport network.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC