Subject: RFC 6909 on IPv4 Traffic Offload Selector Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:49:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6909

        Title:      IPv4 Traffic Offload Selector Option 
                    for Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     S. Gundavelli, Ed.,
                    X. Zhou, J. Korhonen,
                    G. Feige, R. Koodli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 34575
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-sipto-option-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6909.txt

This specification defines a new mobility option, the IPv4 Traffic
Offload Selector option, for Proxy Mobile IPv6.  This option can be
used by the local mobility anchor and the mobile access gateway for
negotiating IPv4 traffic offload policy for a mobility session.
Based on the negotiated IPv4 traffic offload policy, a mobile access
gateway can selectively offload some of the IPv4 traffic flows in the
access network instead of tunneling back to the local mobility anchor
in the home network.

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC