Subject: RFC 6949 on RFC Series Format Requirements and Future Development

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:26:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6949

        Title:      RFC Series Format Requirements and 
                    Future Development 
        Author:     H. Flanagan, N. Brownlee
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29181
        Updates:    RFC 2223

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-rfcformatreq-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6949.txt

This document describes the current requirements and requests for 
enhancements for the format of the canonical version of RFCs.  Terms are 
defined to help clarify exactly which stages of document production are 
under discussion for format changes.  The requirements described in this 
document will determine what changes will be made to RFC format.  This 
document updates RFC 2223.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC