Subject: RFC 6955 on Diffie-Hellman Proof-of-Possession Algorithms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6955

        Title:      Diffie-Hellman Proof-of-Possession Algorithms 
        Author:     J. Schaad, H. Prafullchandra
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 81491
        Obsoletes:  RFC2875

        I-D Tag:    draft-schaad-pkix-rfc2875-bis-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6955.txt

This document describes two methods for producing an integrity check
value from a Diffie-Hellman key pair and one method for producing an
integrity check value from an Elliptic Curve key pair.  This behavior
is needed for such operations as creating the signature of a
Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) #10 Certification Request.  These
algorithms are designed to provide a Proof-of-Possession of the
private key and not to be a general purpose signing algorithm.

This document obsoletes RFC 2875.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC