Subject: RFC 6959 on Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) Threat Scope

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6959

        Title:      Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) 
                    Threat Scope 
        Author:     D. McPherson, F. Baker,
                    J. Halpern
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 62217
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-savi-threat-scope-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6959.txt

The Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) effort aims to
complement ingress filtering with finer-grained, standardized IP
source address validation.  This document describes threats enabled
by IP source address spoofing both in the global and finer-grained
context, describes currently available solutions and challenges, and
provides a starting point analysis for finer-grained (host
granularity) anti-spoofing work.

This document is a product of the Source Address Validation Improvements Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC