Subject: Document Action: 'A Framework for IP and MPLS Fast Reroute Using Not-via Addresses' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 12:11:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Framework for IP and MPLS Fast Reroute Using Not-via Addresses'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses/

Technical Summary

   This document presents a framework for providing fast reroute in an
   IP or MPLS network through encapsulation and forwarding to "not-via"
   addresses.  The general approach described uses a single level of
   encapsulation and could be used to protect unicast, multicast, and
   LDP traffic against link, router, and shared risk group failure,
   regardless of network topology and metrics.

   The mechanisms presented in this document are purely illustrative of
   the general approach and do not constitute a protocol specification.
   The document represents a snapshot of the work of the Routing Area
   Working Group at the time of publication and is published as a
   document of record.  Further work is needed before implementation or
   deployment.
 
Working Group Summary: 

No issues. There is consensus in the WG to proceed with publication. 

Document Quality: 

The document has no substantive issues. 

Personnel: 

Alvaro Retana ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd. 
Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director