Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 Instance ID Registry Update' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-iid-registry-update-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:43:31 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 Instance ID Registry Update'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-iid-registry-update-04.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-iid-registry-update/

Technical Summary

    This draft modifies the "OSPFv3 Instand ID Address Family Values"
    IANA registry to have IDs 192-255 designated for "Private Use"
    as described in RFC 5226.

Working Group Summary

    The new range is for applications that do not justify a standards
    track OSPFv3 Instance ID allocation. An example would be "Routing
    for IPv4-embedded IPv6 Packets" -
    draft-ietf-ospf-ipv4-embedded-ipv6-routing-05.txt.

Document Quality

    The document is short and to the point. It satisfies its
    intended purpose.

Personnel
     
    Acee Lindem is the document shepherd and Stewart Bryant is the
    responsible AD.