Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt-11.txt> (RADIUS Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 12:38:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'RADIUS Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DHCPv6 RADIUS option provides a mechanism to exchange
   authorization and identification information between the DHCPv6 relay
   agent and the DHCPv6 server.  This mechanism is meant for the
   centralized DHCPv6 server to select the right configuration for the
   requesting DHCPv6 client based on the authorization information
   received from the RADIUS server, which is not co-located with the
   DHCPv6 server.  The Network Access Server (NAS) acts as DHCPv6 relay
   agent and RADIUS client simultaneously in this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2052/