Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-10.txt> (A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 08:57:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Call Control UUI Service for SIP
WG (cuss) to consider the following document:
- 'A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in
   SIP'
  <draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There is a class of applications which benefit from using SIP to
   exchange User to User Information (UUI) data during session
   establishment.  This information, known as call control UUI data, is
   a small piece of data inserted by an application initiating the
   session, and utilized by an application accepting the session.  The
   rules which apply for a specific application are defined by a UUI
   package.  This UUI data is opaque to SIP and its function is
   unrelated to any basic SIP function.  This document defines a new SIP
   header field, User-to-User, to transport UUI data, along with an
   extension mechanism.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.