Subject: Last Call: <draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-03.txt> (Resource Records for EUI-48 and EUI-64 Addresses in the DNS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 06:44:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Resource Records for EUI-48 and EUI-64 Addresses in the DNS'
  <draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   48-bit Extended Unique Identifiers (EUI-48) and 64-bit Extended
   Unique Identifiers (EUI-64) are address formats specified by the IEEE
   for use in various layer-2 networks, e.g. ethernet.

   This document defines two new DNS resource record types, EUI48 and
   EUI64, for encoding ethernet addresses in the DNS.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.