Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-34.txt> (Real Time Streaming Protocol 2.0 (RTSP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:20:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Real Time Streaming Protocol 2.0 (RTSP)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-34.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memorandum defines RTSP version 2.0 which obsoletes RTSP version
   1.0 defined in RFC 2326.

   The Real Time Streaming Protocol, or RTSP, is an application-level
   protocol for setup and control of the delivery of data with real-time
   properties.  RTSP provides an extensible framework to enable
   controlled, on-demand delivery of real-time data, such as audio and
   video.  Sources of data can include both live data feeds and stored
   clips.  This protocol is intended to control multiple data delivery
   sessions, provide a means for choosing delivery channels such as UDP,
   multicast UDP and TCP, and provide a means for choosing delivery
   mechanisms based upon RTP (RFC 3550).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2028/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1189/