Subject: RFC 6939 on Client Link-Layer Address Option in DHCPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6939

        Title:      Client Link-Layer Address Option in DHCPv6 
        Author:     G. Halwasia, S. Bhandari,
                    W. Dec
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14739
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-client-link-layer-addr-opt-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6939.txt

This document specifies the format and mechanism that is to be used
for encoding the client link-layer address in DHCPv6 Relay-Forward
messages by defining a new DHCPv6 Client Link-Layer Address option.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC