Subject: Document Action: 'Analysis of Solution Candidates to Reveal a Host Identifier (HOST_ID) in Shared Address Deployments' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 09:43:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Analysis of Solution Candidates to Reveal a Host Identifier (HOST_ID)
   in Shared Address Deployments'
  (draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Internet Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis/

Technical Summary:

This document analyzes a set of solution candidates to mitigate some of
the issues encountered when address sharing is used. In particular,
this document focuses on means to reveal a host identifier (HOST_ID)
when a Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) or application proxies are involved in
the path. This host identifier must be unique to each host under the
same shared IP address.

Working Group Summary:

The working group had active discussion on the draft and the current
text of the draft is representative of the consensus of the working
group. In particular, as a result of WG consensus, this version of the
draft does not make any recommendations as to a preferred solution among
those analyzed.

Document Quality:

The document has received adequate review. The Document Shepherd has no
concerns about the depth or breadth of these reviews. This document does
not define a protocol. Hence there are no implementations of this document.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

Suresh Krishnan is the document shepherd. Brian Haberman is the
responsible AD.