Subject: RFC 6964 on Operational Guidance for IPv6 Deployment in IPv4 Sites Using the Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:08:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6964

        Title:      Operational Guidance for IPv6 Deployment 
                    in IPv4 Sites Using the Intra-Site 
                    Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP) 
        Author:     F. Templin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 49568
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-templin-v6ops-isops-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6964.txt

Many end-user sites in the Internet today still have predominantly
IPv4 internal infrastructures.  These sites range in size from small
home/office networks to large corporate enterprise networks, but
share the commonality that IPv4 provides satisfactory internal
routing and addressing services for most applications.  As more and
more IPv6-only services are deployed, however, end-user devices
within such sites will increasingly require at least basic IPv6
functionality.  This document therefore provides operational guidance
for deployment of IPv6 within predominantly IPv4 sites using the
Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP).

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC