Subject: Document Action: 'OSPF Stub Router Advertisement' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:27:03 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Stub Router Advertisement'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis/

Technical Summary

  This document describes a backward-compatible technique that may be
  used by OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) implementations to advertise
  unavailability to forward transit traffic or to lower the preference
  level for the paths through such a router. This document updates
  RFC3137 to include applicability to OSPFv3. 

Working Group Summary

  There were some noteworthy discussions around including an alternate
  solution in OSPFv3 which achieves some of the same goals as RFC3137.
  Authors added a section to capture the use of R-bit as a potential
  alternative solution. R-bit is part of base OSPFv3 (RFC2740). 

Document Quality

  The incremental update to RFC3137 are minimal and the application
  to OSPFv3 is identical to OSPFv2. 

Personnel

  Abhay Roy is the document shepherd and Stewart Bryant is the
  responsible AD.