Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis-07.txt> (Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:43:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis-07.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a header field for use with electronic mail
   messages to indicate the results of message authentication efforts.
   Any receiver-side software, such as mail filters or Mail User Agents
   (MUAs), can use this header field to relay that information in a
   convenient and meaningful way to users, or make sorting and filtering
   decisions.

   This document is a candidate for Internet Standard status.  [RFC
   Editor: Please delete this notation, as I imagine it will be
   indicated some other way.]

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis/ballot/

Reviewers should particularly note the "downref" information in
Section 7.1 of the document.

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.