Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr-03.txt> (Use of OSPF-MDR in Single-Hop Broadcast Networks) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:09:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'Use of OSPF-MDR in Single-Hop Broadcast Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr-03.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

RFC 5614 (OSPF-MDR) extends OSPF to support mobile ad hoc networks
(MANETs) by specifying its operation on the new OSPF interface of type
MANET.  This document describes the use of OSPF-MDR in a single-hop
broadcast network, which is a special case of a MANET in which each
router is a (one-hop) neighbor of each other router.  Unlike an OSPF
broadcast interface, such an interface can have a different cost
associated with each neighbor.  The document includes configuration
recommendations and simplified mechanisms that can be used in single-hop
broadcast networks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.