Subject: Last Call: <draft-yusef-dispatch-ccmp-indication-04.txt> (Conference Focus Indicating CCMP Support) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:19:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Conference Focus Indicating CCMP Support'
  <draft-yusef-dispatch-ccmp-indication-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-07-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol document defines a
   way for a client to discover a conference control server that
   supports CCMP. However, it does not define a way for a client
   involved in a conference to determine if the conference focus
   supports CCMP. This information would allow a CCMP-enabled client
   that joins a conference using SIP to also register for the XCON
   conference event package RFC 4575 [RFC4575] and take advantage of
   CCMP operations on the conference.

   This document describes a few options to address the above limitation
   with the pros and cons for each approach, and recommends two to be
   used depending on the need of the UA. The first approach uses the
   Call-Info header and as a result this document updates RFC 3261
   [RFC3261]. The second approach defines a new value for the 'purpose'
   parameter in the 'service-uris' element in the SIP conferencing event
   package, and as a result this document updates RFC 4575 [RFC4575].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yusef-dispatch-ccmp-indication/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yusef-dispatch-ccmp-indication/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.