Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ad-vpn-problem-07.txt> (Auto Discovery VPN Problem Statement and Requirements) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 07:00:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'Auto Discovery VPN Problem Statement and Requirements'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ad-vpn-problem-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the problem of enabling a large number of
   systems to communicate directly using IPsec to protect the traffic
   between them.  It then expands on the requirements, for such a
   solution.

   Manual configuration of all possible tunnels is too cumbersome in
   many such cases.  In other cases the IP address of endpoints change
   or the endpoints may be behind NAT gateways, making static
   configuration impossible.  The Auto Discovery VPN solution will
   address these requirements.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ad-vpn-problem/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ad-vpn-problem/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.