Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-rle-metrics-05.txt> (RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR) for Run Length Encoding (RLE) of Discarded Packets) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 07:43:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Metric Blocks for use with
RTCP's Extended Report Framework WG (xrblock) to consider the following
document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR) for Run Length
   Encoding (RLE) of Discarded Packets'
  <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-rle-metrics-05.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-07-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) is used in conjunction with the Real-
   time Transport Protocol (RTP) in to provide a variety of short-term
   and long-term reception statistics.  The available reporting may
   include aggregate information across longer periods of time as well
   as individual packet reporting.  This document specifies a per-packet
   report metric capturing individual packets discarded from the jitter
   buffer after successful reception.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-rle-metrics/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-rle-metrics/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.