Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pkix-est-07.txt> (Enrollment over Secure Transport) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:45:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure
(X.509) WG (pkix) to consider the following document:
- 'Enrollment over Secure Transport'
  <draft-ietf-pkix-est-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document profiles certificate enrollment for clients using
   Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) messages over a secure
   transport.  This profile, called Enrollment over Secure Transport
   (EST), describes a simple yet functional certificate management
   protocol targeting Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) clients that need
   to acquire client certificates and associated Certification Authority
   (CA) certificate(s).  It also supports client-generated public/
   private key pairs as well as key pairs generated by the CA.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-est/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-est/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.