Subject: Document Action: 'Security Threats for NHDP' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:33:59 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Security Threats for NHDP'
  (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats/

Technical Summary

   This document analyzes common security threats of the Neighborhood Discovery
   Protocol (NHDP), and describes their potential impacts on MANET routing 
   protocols using NHDP.

Working Group Summary

   The process for reaching working group consensus on this was smooth; no
   controversy existed. Working group consensus behind the document is solid. 

Document Quality

   This document does not specify a protocol, therefore no implementations
   are available. There are several NHDP implementations existing, and the WG
   has a thorough understanding of the protocol and its security considerations. 

Personnel

Joseph Macker ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.