Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) Independent Decodability Statistics Metrics reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:31:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2
   Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI)
   Independent Decodability Statistics Metrics reporting'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability/

Technical Summary

An MPEG Transport Stream (TS) is a standard container format used in
the transmission and storage of multimedia data. Unicast/Multicast/
Broadcast MPEG-TS over RTP is widely deployed in IPTV systems. This
document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR)
Block that allows the reporting of MPEG TS Program Specific
Information (PSI) Independent decodability statistics metrics related
to transmissions of MPEG-TS over RTP.

Working Group Summary

The WG path of this document was reasonably short and efficient.
Many technical comments were made during the reviews and all were
resolved with consensus.

Document Quality

At least one vendor has implemented this draft. It is expected that with
the approval of this document the number of implementations will increase.

Personnel

Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. Gonzalo Camarillo
is the Responsible Area Director.