Subject: Document Action: 'Improving Awareness of Running Code: the Implementation Status Section' to Experimental RFC (draft-sheffer-running-code-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:48:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Improving Awareness of Running Code: the Implementation Status
Section'
  (draft-sheffer-running-code-06.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-running-code/

Technical Summary

      This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
      Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
      including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
      reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to
      documents that have the benefit of running code and potentially
      treat the documents with implementations preferentially.

      The process in this document is offered as an experiment.  Authors
      of Internet-Drafts are encouraged to consider using the process
      for their documents, and working groups are invited to think about
      applying the process to all of their protocol specifications.  The
      authors of this document intend to collate experiences with this
      experiment and to report them to the community. 

Working Group Summary

     This document was not considered in any WG as there is none
     chartered to consider this topic, or anything remotely similar. 

Document Quality

      This document does not describe a protocol, and so there can be no
      implementations, per se.  However, a number of document authors
      have already decided to engage with the experiment as noted in
      section 6.1.  A few more authors have also indicated that they
      will think about participating, and several WG chairs have said
      that they will encourage their authors to look into it.

      The document has been circulated on the main IETF list and on the
      WG chairs list.  Both lists generated a small amount of traffic
      that has led to minor improvments in the document.

      There is no formal language in the draft tht requires review or
      testing. 

Personnel

      Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
      Stephen Farrell ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

Section 2:

OLD:

   Working group chairs are requested to ensure that this section is not
   used as a marketing venue for specific implementations.
 
NEW:

   Working group chairs and ADs are requested to ensure that this section is not
   used as a marketing venue for specific implementations.