Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for Energy Management' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-eman-requirements-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 07:01:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for Energy Management'
  (draft-ietf-eman-requirements-14.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Energy Management Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-requirements/

Technical Summary: 

This document defines requirements for standards specifications for 
energy management.  These concern monitoring functions as well as 
control functions: Monitoring functions include identification of 
energy-managed devices and their components, monitoring of their power 
states, power inlets, power outlets, actual power, power properties, 
received energy, provided energy, and contained batteries.  Control 
functions serve for controlling power supply and power state of 
energy-managed devices and their components. 

Working Group Summary: 

Version -08 of this draft was presented in the EMAN session at 
IETF 84 (Vancouver).  The authors published -09, resolving the 
open issues discussed at that meeting.  The draft's Working Group 
Last Call ran from 4 October to 22 October this year, and raised 
several more issues.  After IETF-85, the authors published its 
-10 version; we believe it is now ready to submit to IESG. 

Document Quality: 

Are there existing implementations of the protocol? 
  This is a requirements draft, not a protocol. 
Have a significant number of vendors indicated their plan to implement 
the specification? 
  At least two vendors have implemented Energy Management systems, 
  and - presumably - will make them EMAN-compliant. 
Are there any reviewers that merit special mention as having done a 
thorough review, e.g., one that resulted in important changes or a 
conclusion that the document had no substantive issues? 
  Since September the following have contributed comments on the 
  EMAN list:  Ira McDonald, John Parello, Brad Schoening, Georgios 
Karagian. 
  However, the draft's authors/editors have done most of the work 
  in developing it. 
If there was a MIB Doctor, Media Type or other expert review, what was 
its course (briefly)? 
  The draft hasn't had any kind of expert review. 

Personnel: 

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director? 
   Shepherd:      Nevil Brownlee 
   Area Director: Joel Jaeggli