Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method-07.txt> (Tunnel EAP Method (TEAP) Version 1) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:19:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the EAP Method Update WG (emu) to
consider the following document:
- 'Tunnel EAP Method (TEAP) Version 1'
  <draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-07-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol
   (TEAP) version 1.  TEAP is a tunnel based EAP method that enables
   secure communication between a peer and a server by using the
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to establish a mutually
   authenticated tunnel.  Within the tunnel, Type-Length-Value (TLV)
   objects are used to convey authentication related data between the
   EAP peer and the EAP server.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1902/