Subject: RFC 6982 on Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:12:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6982

        Title:      Improving Awareness of Running Code: 
                    The Implementation Status Section 
        Author:     Y. Sheffer, A. Farrel
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19358
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sheffer-running-code-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6982.txt

This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to documents
that have the benefit of running code, which may serve as evidence of
valuable experimentation and feedback that have made the implemented
protocols more mature.

The process in this document is offered as an experiment.  Authors of
Internet-Drafts are encouraged to consider using the process for
their documents, and working groups are invited to think about
applying the process to all of their protocol specifications.  The
authors of this document intend to collate experiences with this
experiment and to report them to the community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC