Subject: RFC 6983 on Models for HTTP-Adaptive-Streaming-Aware Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6983

        Title:      Models for HTTP-Adaptive-Streaming-Aware Content 
                    Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) 
        Author:     R. van Brandenburg, O. van Deventer,
                    F. Le Faucheur, K. Leung
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 107197
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-brandenburg-cdni-has-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6983.txt

This document presents thoughts on the potential impact of supporting
HTTP Adaptive Streaming (HAS) technologies in Content Distribution
Network Interconnection (CDNI) scenarios.  The intent is to present
the authors' analysis of the CDNI-HAS problem space and discuss
different options put forward by the authors (and by others during
informal discussions) on how to deal with HAS in the context of CDNI.
This document has been used as input information during the CDNI
working group process for making a decision regarding support for
HAS.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC