Subject: RFC 6978 on A TCP Authentication Option Extension for NAT Traversal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 17:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6978

        Title:      A TCP Authentication Option Extension 
                    for NAT Traversal 
        Author:     J. Touch
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11461
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-touch-tcp-ao-nat-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6978.txt

This document describes an extension to the TCP Authentication
Option (TCP-AO) to support its use over connections that pass
through Network Address Translators and/or Network Address and 
Port Translators (NATs/NAPTs).  This extension changes the data 
used to compute traffic keys, but it does not alter TCP-AO's 
packet processing or key generation algorithms.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC