Subject: STD 76, RFC 6376 on DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:48:30 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 6376 has been elevated to Internet Standard.

        STD 76        
        RFC 6376

        Title:      DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures 
        Author:     D. Crocker, Ed.,
                    T. Hansen, Ed.,
                    M. Kucherawy, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      76
        Characters: 176999
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4871, RFC 5672
        See Also:   STD 76

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6376.txt

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) permits a person, role, or
organization that owns the signing domain to claim some
responsibility for a message by associating the domain with the
message.  This can be an author's organization, an operational relay,
or one of their agents.  DKIM separates the question of the identity
of the Signer of the message from the purported author of the
message.  Assertion of responsibility is validated through a
cryptographic signature and by querying the Signer's domain directly
to retrieve the appropriate public key.  Message transit from author
to recipient is through relays that typically make no substantive
change to the message content and thus preserve the DKIM signature.

This memo obsoletes RFC 4871 and RFC 5672.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC