Subject: RFC 6974 on Applicability of MPLS Transport Profile for Ring Topologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 07:10:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6974

        Title:      Applicability of MPLS Transport Profile 
                    for Ring Topologies 
        Author:     Y. Weingarten, S. Bryant,
                    D. Ceccarelli, D. Caviglia,
                    F. Fondelli, M. Corsi,
                    B. Wu, X. Dai
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 69318
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6974.txt

This document presents an applicability of existing MPLS protection
mechanisms, both local and end-to-end, to the MPLS Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP) in ring topologies.  This document does not propose any new
mechanisms or protocols.  Requirements for MPLS-TP protection
especially for protection in ring topologies are discussed in
"Requirements of an MPLS Transport Profile" (RFC 5654) and 
"MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Survivability Framework" (RFC 6372).
This document discusses how most of the requirements are met by
applying linear protection as defined in RFC 6378 in a ring topology.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC