Subject: Last Call: <draft-bormann-cbor-04.txt> (Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:58:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)'
  <draft-bormann-cbor-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) is a data format
   whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small code
   size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the need
   for version negotiation.  These design goals make it different from
   earlier binary serializations such as ASN.1 and MessagePack.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-cbor/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-cbor/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.