Subject: BCP 6, RFC 6996 on Autonomous System (AS) Reservation for Private Use

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 03:14:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 6        
        RFC 6996

        Title:      Autonomous System (AS) Reservation for 
                    Private Use 
        Author:     J. Mitchell
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 8198
        Updates:    RFC 1930
        See Also:   BCP 6

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6996.txt

This document describes the reservation of Autonomous System Numbers
(ASNs) that are for Private Use only, known as Private Use ASNs, and
provides operational guidance on their use.  This document enlarges
the total space available for Private Use ASNs by documenting the
reservation of a second, larger range and updates RFC 1930 by
replacing Section 10 of that document.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC