Subject: Last Call: <draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-10.txt> (Using the International Mobile station Equipment Identity(IMEI)URN as an Instance ID) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:35:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Using the International Mobile station Equipment Identity(IMEI)URN as
   an Instance ID'
  <draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-10.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines how the Uniform Resource Name namespace
   reserved for the GSMA (GSM Association) identities and its sub-
   namespace for the IMEI (International Mobile station Equipment
   Identity) can be used as an instance-id as specified in RFC 5626 [1]
   and also as used by RFC 5627 [2].  Its purpose is to fulfil the
   requirements in RFC 5626 [1] that state "If a URN scheme other than
   UUID is used, the UA MUST only use URNs for which an RFC (from the
   IETF stream) defines how the specific URN needs to be constructed and
   used in the "+sip.instance" Contact header field parameter for
   outbound behavior."

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1428/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2094/