Subject: Appeal Response to Abdussalam Baryun regarding draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:24:42 -0700

The IESG has reviewed the appeal of Abdussalam Baryun dated June 19, 
2013 on the subject of inclusion in the acknowledgments section of 
draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats:

http://www.ietf.org/iesg/appeal/baryun-2013-06-19.txt

This is a dispute about a matter in a working group. The same matter has 
previously been raised with the working group chairs and responsible 
Area Director, as specified in RFC 2026 Section 6.5.1.

Writing acknowledgments sections is largely a matter of editorial 
discretion, where good sense and general attribution practices are the 
primary guidelines, although RFC 2026 Section 10.3.1 has some specific 
rules regarding acknowledgment of major contributors, copyright, and 
IPR.

After reviewing the appeal, including the associated list discussion and 
draft revisions, the IESG concludes that the authors made a reasonable 
editorial choice that was well within their discretion and that none of 
the messages at issue fall under the required acknowledgment rules of 
RFC 2026 Section 10.3.1 and RFC 5378 Sections 5.6a and 1c. The IESG 
finds that the chairs and responsible AD handled complaints about the 
matter appropriately.