Subject: RFC 6948 on Some Measurements on World IPv6 Day from an End-User Perspective

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6948

        Title:      Some Measurements on World IPv6 
                    Day from an End-User Perspective 
        Author:     A. Keranen, J. Arkko
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25416
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-keranen-ipv6day-measurements-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6948.txt

During World IPv6 Day on June 8, 2011, several key content providers
enabled their networks to offer both IPv4 and IPv6 services.
Hundreds of organizations participated in this effort, and in the
months and weeks leading up to the event worked hard on preparing
their networks to support this event.  The event was largely
unnoticed by the general public, which is a good thing since it means
that no major problems were detected.  For the Internet, however,
there was a major change on a short timescale.  This memo discusses
measurements that the authors made from the perspective of an end
user with good IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity.  Our measurements include
the number of most popular networks providing AAAA records for their
service, as well as delay and connection failure statistics.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC