Subject: NOMCOM 2013-14: Results of Random Selection

From: NomCom Chair 2013 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:36:46 -0700

Random selection of the voting members for this year's Nomcom has been
executed. The following list presents the individuals selected using 
the previously published seeds and the algorithm from RFC 3797. The
details of random selection can be found at the bottom of this message.

138 Adam Montville, CISE
151 DRAW AGAIN
089 Hannes Gredler, Juniper
112 Marcin Pilarski, Warsaw Univ Tech / Orange Polska
117 Olafur Gudmunsson, Shinkuro
145 Murray Kucherawy, Facebook
118 Shwetha Subray Bhandari, Cisco
143 Tomohiro Fujisaki, NTT Labs
144 Bo Burman, Ericsson
122 Kiran Kumar Chittimaneni, Google
095 Michael Richardson, Sandelman

A duplicate entry was noticed in the published volunteer list after the
seeds were published.  I marked this duplicate entry "DRAW AGAIN" and
when it turned out that this entry was drawn (2nd selection above),
passed over it to use the 11th selection.  This was done in order to
retain the published pool's numbering.  The rationale is expressed in
RFC 3797, Section 5.1.  The original value of the duplicate was:

151 Paul Ebersman, Infoblox

The same person was registered as Entry 072 as well.  

This begins the one week community review of the selection - please
let me know ASAP of any problems in the selections.  The challenge
period will close at at 23:59 EDT (UTC -4) on Monday July 22 2013.

I am in the process of contacting the individuals to confirm they
are still able to serve on the Nomcom.  

Once again, thank you to everyone who volunteered.  Please 
continue volunteering in the years to come.
 
Allison Mankin
Nomcom Chair 2013-14
[email-masked], [email-masked]

Selection Details
=================
The seeds were announced in 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/58066/
The full list of volunteers was announced in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/58250/

Seed Values
===========
Canadian Lottery Lotto 649
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Results:
http://lotoquebec.com/loteries/nav/fr/a-tirage/lotto-6-49/resultats-detailles
  (7 numbers including the bonus number: numbers between 1 and 49)
Value: 07 08 11 17 19 25 46

US National debt ("Debt Held by the Public"), published by the
Treasury department as of Thursday, July 11, 2013
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods
Value: 08285182

US National debt ("Intragovernmental Holdings"), published by the
Treasury department as of Thursday, July 11, 2013
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods
Value: 60115701

Euromillions Lottery
Friday July 12, 2013 Results:
http://www.europeanlotteryguild.com/lottery_results/euromillions_results/
  (7 numbers including the star balls: 5 numbers between 1 and 50 and 2
   star balls between 1 and 11)
Value: 18 26 32 33 42 02 03

All the above seeds were provided (in the order listed above) as
input to the RFC 3797 selection algorithm to determine the ten
voting members of the 2013-14 Nomcom.  The results were matched by
at least three individuals carrying out independent verifications.

Algorithm Output
================
Key is:
 7.8.11.17.19.25.46./8285182./60115701./2.3.18.26.32.33.42./
index        hex value of MD5        div  selected
 1  D31D1C4AC453CA37989E9920B4E9BC03  154  -> 138 <- 
 2  7D4981E47C3C36BC96014648D7B5BA81  153  -> 151 <- 
 3  15487BEAE370809B0FBA261900BCA388  152  -> 89 <- 
 4  CA3AA0213C2806E5862C840B95BC3241  151  -> 112 <- 
 5  2F535522AA633A910133065D2CF8D5DE  150  -> 117 <- 
 6  21BF818EEE3464A1FC754EBF0C10A07E  149  -> 145 <- 
 7  4BBBB6890F39575B1301647FE330AEEA  148  -> 118 <- 
 8  E127386593045A7ED46091427E85F242  147  -> 143 <-  
 9  2606896E805BF31DC4135043A3C9BFAB  146  -> 144 <- 
10  8D1BD67E08298BB0A91BCE81AA683D68  145  -> 122 <- 
11  618467D70D20C18B509E402DCA2E679D  144  -> 95 <-