Subject: RFC 6972 on Problem Statement and Requirements of the Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 17:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6972

        Title:      Problem Statement and Requirements of 
                    the Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP) 
        Author:     Y. Zhang, N. Zong
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 53634
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6972.txt

Peer-to-Peer (P2P) streaming systems becoming more and more popular
on the Internet, and most of them are using proprietary protocols.
This document identifies problems associated with proprietary
protocols; proposes the development of the Peer-to-Peer Streaming
Protocol (PPSP), which includes the tracker and peer protocols; and
discusses the scope, requirements, and use cases of PPSP.

This document is a product of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC