Subject: RFC 6993 on Instant Messaging and Presence Purpose for the Call-Info Header Field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6993

        Title:      Instant Messaging and Presence Purpose 
                    for the Call-Info Header Field in 
                    the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 7431
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-saintandre-impp-call-info-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6993.txt

This document defines and registers a value of "impp" 
("instant messaging and presence protocol") for the "purpose" 
header field parameter of the Call-Info header field in the 
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC