Subject: Nomcom 2013-14 - Timeline and Seeds for Random Selection

From: NomCom Chair 2013 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:57:07 -0700

This messages provides the details for the random selection of 
the ten voting members of the 2013-14 Nomcom.  

We will once again be using the publicly verifiable random algorithm 
specified in RFC 3797.  This message contains both the timeline for 
performing the publicly verifiable selection and also the random seeds
that will be used as input to the selection algorithm.

Please get in touch with me if you have any questions about the
timeline below or the selection seeds specified here.

Timeline:
---------
The following is the current timeline for the 2023-14 Nomcom:

   * Nomcom Chair Announcement made: Apr 16, 2013;
   * First Call for Volunteers issued: May 13, 2013;
   * Second Call for Volunteers issued: May 29, 2013;
   * First Announcement of Qualified Volunteers: May 31, 2013;
   * Second Announcement of Qualified Volunteers: Jun 19, 2013;
   * Third Call for Volunteers issued: Jul 01, 2013;
   * Random Selection Seeds and Timeline announced: Jul 01, 2013;
   * Call for Volunteers closes: July 04, 2013 at 23:59 EDT (UTC -4)
   * Final Announcement of Qualified Volunteers: Jul 05, 2013
   * Raise issues on Qualified Volunteers by 23:59 EDT: Jul 12, 2013;
   * Seed values available from seed sources: Jul 13, 2013;
   * Run random selection algorithm and publish results: Jul 13, 2013;
   * Start Challenge period at 09:00 EDT:  Jul 13, 2013;
   * End of challenge period at 09:00 EDT : Jul 20, 2013;
   * Final List of Nomcom members published 10:00 EDT : Jul 20, 2013;
   * First Call for Nominations: Jul 20, 2013;
   * Nomcom 2013-2104 organizes during IETF-87: Jul 28-Aug 02, 2013;
   * ... (1)

(1)  As soon as possible after the Nomcom organizes, an updated timeline
     covering the rest of the cycle will be published.

Seeds:
-------
The following are the seed sources (in order) that will be used in
selecting the 2013-14 NomCom members:

Canadian Lottery Lotto 649
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 Results:
http://lotoquebec.com/loteries/nav/fr/a-tirage/lotto-6-49/resultats-detailles
  (7 numbers including the bonus number: numbers between 1 and 49)

US National debt ("Debt Held by the Public"), published by the
Treasury department as of Thursday, July 11, 2013
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods

US National debt ("Intragovernmental Holdings"), published by the
Treasury department as of Thursday, July 11, 2013
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods

Euromillions Lottery
Friday July 12, 2013 Results:
http://www.europeanlotteryguild.com/lottery_results/euromillions_results/
  (7 numbers including the star balls: 5 numbers between 1 and 50 and 2
   star balls between 1 and 11)

All the above seeds will be provided (in the order listed above) as
input to the RFC 3797 selection algorithm to determine the ten
voting members of the 2013-14 Nomcom.

Allison

Allison Mankin
Nomcom Chair 2013-14
[email-masked]