Subject: Document Action: 'The Internet Numbers Registry System' to Informational RFC (draft-housley-rfc2050bis-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 08:42:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Internet Numbers Registry System'
  (draft-housley-rfc2050bis-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-rfc2050bis/

Technical Summary

   This document provides information about the current Internet Numbers
   Registry System used in the distribution of globally unique Internet
   Protocol (IP) address space and autonomous system (AS) numbers.

   This document also provides information about the processes for
   further evolution of the Internet Numbers Registry System.

   This document replaces RFC 2050.

Working Group Summary

   This is an individual document, but discussed extensively on the IETF
   list and with experts on the topic, including RIR and ICANN participants.

Document Quality

   The document and the proper division of documentation between the IETF
   and other parts of the Internet community has been discussed extensively on the
   list. There was no unanimous agreement, but the document clearly has 
  consensus behind it.

Personnel

   The responsible AD is Jari Arkko.