Subject: Document Action: 'IMAP Access to IETF Email List Archives' to Informational RFC (draft-sparks-genarea-imaparch-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 07:58:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IMAP Access to IETF Email List Archives'
  (draft-sparks-genarea-imaparch-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-genarea-imaparch/

Technical Summary

   The IETF makes heavy use of email lists to conduct its work.  This
   often involves accessing the archived history of those email lists.
   Participants would like to have the ability to browse and search
   those archives using standard IMAP clients.  This memo captures the
   requirements for providing a service that would allow such browsing
   and searching, and it is intended as input to a later activity for
   the design and development of such a service.

Working Group Summary

   This has been discussed on the ietf list and with various e-mail experts.
   There has been no significant disagreement.

Document Quality

   It is expected that review in the IETF has been sufficient, and the topic
   seems straightforward, non-controversial.

Personnel

   There is no Document Shepherd. The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

 In the acknowledgments section, please change "Martin Durst" to "Martin Duerst".