Subject: Protocol Action: 'MPLS-TP Next-Hop Ethernet Addressing' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:29:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Next-Hop Ethernet Addressing'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing/

Technical Summary

  This document presents considerations for link-layer addressing 
  of Ethernet frames carrying MPLS-TP packets. 

  The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
  is the set of MPLS protocol functions applicable to the construction 
  and operation of packet-switched transport networks.  

Working Group Summary: 

  There is good support in the working group for this draft. There 
  were no significant controversies in progression of the document. 
  Last call comments were constructive technical comments and the 
  document has been updated accordingly. 

Document Quality: 

  We know of intentions to implement this protocol. Since it is carried
  over the "MPLS G-ACh Advertisement Protocol", most implementers are 
  in waiting mode for the assignemnt of the ACh type for that protocol. 

  There is a downward references to RFC 2469 "A Caution On The 
  Canonical Ordering Of Link-Layer Addresses". 

Personnel: 

  Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd. 
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.