Subject: RFC 6970 on Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Internet Gateway Device - Port Control Protocol Interworking Function (IGD-PCP IWF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:36:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6970

        Title:      Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) 
                    Internet Gateway Device - Port Control 
                    Protocol Interworking Function (IGD-PCP IWF) 
        Author:     M. Boucadair,
                    R. Penno,
                    D. Wing
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 50900
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcp-upnp-igd-interworking-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6970.txt

This document specifies the behavior of the Universal Plug and Play
(UPnP) Internet Gateway Device - Port Control Protocol Interworking
Function (IGD-PCP IWF).  A UPnP IGD-PCP IWF is required to be
embedded in Customer Premises (CP) routers to allow for transparent
NAT control in environments where a UPnP IGD is used on the LAN side
and PCP is used on the external side of the CP router.

This document is a product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC