Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-08.txt> (Per-Interface MIP Addressing Requirements and Design Considerations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 02:48:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Per-Interface MIP Addressing Requirements and Design Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Framework for Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
   within the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) describes how Maintenance
   Entity Group Intermediate Points (MIPs) may be situated within
   network nodes at the incoming and outgoing interfaces.

   This document elaborates on important considerations for internal MIP
   addressing.  More precisely it describes important restrictions for
   any mechanism that specifies a way of forming OAM messages so that
   they can be targeted at MIPs on incoming or MIPs on outgoing
   interfaces and forwarded correctly through the forwarding engine.
   Furthermore, the document includes considerations for node
   implementations where there is no distinction between the incoming
   and outgoing MIP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.