Subject: Protocol Action: 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:10:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status'
  (draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Applications Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Barry Leiba and Pete Resnick.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis/

Technical Summary

   draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis specifies a header field (Authentication-Results)
   for use with electronic mail messages to indicate the results of message
   authentication efforts. 

Working Group Summary

   The document was discussed by five participants within the Applications
   Area Working Group and it has the consensus of the working group.  The
   issues raised during the WGLC were resolved quickly.

Document Quality

   RFC 5451 was published as a Proposed Standard in April 2009.
   draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis incorporates RFC 5451 and its
   errata and RFC 6577 (Authentication-Results Registration Update).  The
   intended status is Internet Standard as there are seven implementations
   of the specification and it has gained significant deployment.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is S. Moonesamy.  The Responsible Area Director is
   Barry Leiba.  Murray Kucherawy is the suggested designated expert for the
   updated registries.