Subject: Last Call: <draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-16.txt> (A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the GSM Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:41:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the GSM Association (GSMA) and
   the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)'
  <draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-16.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
   GSMA (GSM Association)and a sub-namespace for the IMEI (International
   Mobile station Equipment Identity), and an associated parameter for
   the IMEISV (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and
   Software Version number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the
   IMEISV is 16 decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary
   Encoded Decimal (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part
   of the specification for Global System for Mobile communications(GSM)
   and are also now incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership
   Project (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the
   Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long
   Term Evolution).  The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify
   Mobile Equipment within these systems and are managed by the GSMA.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1224/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2090/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2095/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1213/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1471/