Subject: Document Action: 'Adobe's Secure Real-Time Media Flow Protocol' to Informational RFC (draft-thornburgh-adobe-rtmfp-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:41:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Adobe's Secure Real-Time Media Flow Protocol'
  (draft-thornburgh-adobe-rtmfp-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thornburgh-adobe-rtmfp/

Technical Summary

   The Secure Real-Time Media Flow Protocol is an endpoint-to-endpoint 
   communication protocol designed to securely transport parallel flows 
   of real-time video, audio, and data messages, as well as bulk data, 
   over IP networks. RTMFP has features making it effective for 
   peer-to-peer (P2P) as well as client- server communications, even 
   when Network Address Translators (NATs) are used. Encryption, 
   Congestion Control, selective acknowledgements, separation of bulk 
   and real time flows, NAT traversal, reliable, partial reliable and 
   unreliable transport modes, as well as in-order and received-order 
   delivery are all core components of this protocol.

Working Group Summary

   The protocol was presented in TSVWG a few times, and the document
   reviewed by a number of individuals. As a private protocol, no 
   technical changes were performed on the protocol itself, but the 
   authors disclosed more details in response to the WG discussions 
   (e.g. specifics around the congestion control mechanism). 

Document Quality

There is one existing implementation, widely deployed as part of a
multiple software packages from one vendor. The document was written
with the goal to spur more deployments and implementations.

Personnel

Document Shepherd - Richard Scheffenegger <[email-masked]>
Responsible Area Director - Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>

RFC Editor Note

Please replace the standard boilerplate in the RFC-to-be:

    This document is a product of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). 
     It represents the consensus of the IETF community. It has received public
     review and has been approved for publication by the Internet Engineering
     Steering Group (IESG).

By this boiler plate:

    This document is an informational publication by the Internet Engineering
    Task Force (IETF). It represents technology developed outside the processes
    of the IETF and the IETF community has determined that it is useful to
    publish it as an RFC. It has received public review and has been approved
    for publication by the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG).
    However, the technology in this document does not represent the
    consensus of the IETF.