Subject: RFC 6968 on FCAST: Object Delivery for the Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:52:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6968

        Title:      FCAST: Object Delivery for the 
                    Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and
                    NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM)
                    Protocols 
        Author:     V. Roca, B. Adamson
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 96399
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-fcast-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6968.txt

This document introduces the FCAST reliable object (e.g., file)
delivery application.  It is designed to operate either on top of the
underlying Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) / Layered Coding
Transport (LCT) reliable multicast transport protocol or the
NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) transport protocol.

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC