Subject: Document Action: 'Multicast Mobility Routing Optimizations for Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:24:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multicast Mobility Routing Optimizations for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  (draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-08.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Multicast Mobility Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt/

Technical Summary

In this document, some enhancements to the base solution described in RFC 6224 are described.  
These enhancements include the use of a multicast tree mobility anchor (MTMA) as the topological 
anchor point for multicast traffic, as well as a direct routing option where the Mobility 
Access Gateway can provide access to multicast content in the local network.  
These enhancements provide benefits such as reducing multicast traffic replication 
and supporting different PMIPv6 deployment scenarios.

Working Group Summary

The WG review process exhibited no anomalous deviations.

Document Quality

There are currently no existing implementations of the protocol described in this
document. During the review process, the reviewers (including the document shepherd)
expressed concerns on having multiple MTMAs instead of one and at the same time
avoiding the tunnel convergence problem, e.g. the review posted on February 11, 2013.
This issue was later on resolved by moving the relevant text into an informative annex,
e.g. the review posted on May 6, 2013.

Personnel
Document Shepherd is Behcet Sarikaya
Responsible Area Director is Brian Haberman