Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19.txt> (Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 06:19:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SPF Update WG (spfbis) to
consider the following document:
- 'Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email,
   Version 1'
  <draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Email on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
   particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
   host can use as the "MAIL FROM" of a message or the domain given on
   the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
   the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby ADministrative
   Management Domains (ADMDs) can explicitly authorize the hosts that
   are allowed to use its domain names, and a receiving host can check
   such authorization.

   This document obsoletes RFC4408.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1698/