Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-12.txt> (Return Path Specified LSP Ping) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:22:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Return Path Specified LSP Ping'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-12.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines extensions to the failure-detection protocol
   for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
   known as "LSP Ping" that allow selection of the LSP to use for the
   echo reply return path.  Enforcing a specific return path can be used
   to verify bidirectional connectivity and also increase LSP ping
   robustness.  It may also be used by Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) for MPLS bootstrap signaling thereby making BFD for
   MPLS more robust.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1491/