Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-homenet-arch-10.txt> (Home Networking Architecture for IPv6) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 09:59:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Home Networking WG (homenet) to
consider the following document:
- 'Home Networking Architecture for IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-homenet-arch-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This text describes evolving networking technology within
   increasingly large residential home networks.  The goal of this
   document is to define a general architecture for IPv6-based home
   networking, describing the associated principles, considerations and
   requirements.  The text briefly highlights specific implications of
   the introduction of IPv6 for home networking, discusses the elements
   of the architecture, and suggests how standard IPv6 mechanisms and
   addressing can be employed in home networking.  The architecture
   describes the need for specific protocol extensions for certain
   additional functionality.  It is assumed that the IPv6 home network
   is not actively managed, and runs as an IPv6-only or dual-stack
   network.  There are no recommendations in this text for the IPv4 part
   of the network.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-arch/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-arch/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.