Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp-03.txt> (Using LDP Multipoint Extensions on Targeted LDP Sessions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:22:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Using LDP Multipoint Extensions on Targeted LDP Sessions'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   As specified in RFC 6388, Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) can be
   used to set up Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) and Multipoint-to-
   Multipoint (MP2MP) Label Switched Paths.  However, RFC 6388
   presupposes that the two endpoints of an LDP session are directly
   connected.  The LDP base specification (RFC 5036) allows for the case
   where the two endpoints of an LDP session are not directly connected;
   such a session is known as a "Targeted LDP" session.  This document
   provides the specification for using the LDP P2MP/MP2MP extensions
   over a Targeted LDP session.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.