Subject: Last Call: <draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-03.txt> (A Session Identifier for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 04:01:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'A Session Identifier for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note that this IETF last call is not intended to form IETF consensus on
the content of this document. Consequently, the IESG is only looking for
comments on the value of publishing this document as-is, not for
comments on the content of the document.

Abstract

   This RFC, which contains the text of an individual Internet Draft
   that was submitted originally to the DISPATCH Working Group, is
   being published now as an Informational document to provide a
   reference for later RFCs.  The mechanism defined in this document
   has been widely deployed, and is being followed in a backward-
   compatible fashion for a new Standards Track RFC in the INSIPID
   Working Group.  The original Abstract follows.

   There is a need for having a globally unique session identifier for
   the same SIP session, which can be consistently maintained across
   Proxies, B2BUAs and other SIP middle-boxes, for the purpose of
   Troubleshooting.  This draft proposes a new SIP header to carry such
   a value: Session-ID.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.