Subject: Last Call: <draft-worley-service-example-13.txt> (Session Initiation Protocol Service Example -- Music on Hold) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:33:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol Service Example -- Music on Hold'
  <draft-worley-service-example-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The "music on hold" feature is one of the most desired features of
   telephone systems in the business environment.  "Music on hold" is
   where, when one party to a call has the call "on hold", that party's
   telephone provides an audio stream (often music) to be heard by the
   other party.  Architectural features of SIP make it difficult to
   implement music-on-hold in a way that is fully compliant with the
   standards.  The implementation of music-on-hold described in this
   document is fully effective and standards-compliant, and has a number
   of advantages over the methods previously documented.  In particular,
   it is less likely to produce peculiar user interface effects and more
   likely to work in systems which perform authentication than the
   music-on-hold method described in section 2.3 of RFC 5359.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-service-example/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-service-example/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.