Subject: RFC 7009 on OAuth 2.0 Token Revocation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:57:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7009

        Title:      OAuth 2.0 Token Revocation 
        Author:     T. Lodderstedt, Ed.,
                    S. Dronia, M. Scurtescu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23517
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-revocation-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7009.txt

This document proposes an additional endpoint for OAuth authorization
servers, which allows clients to notify the authorization server that
a previously obtained refresh or access token is no longer needed.
This allows the authorization server to clean up security
credentials.  A revocation request will invalidate the actual token
and, if applicable, other tokens based on the same authorization
grant.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC