Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-07.txt> (Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:32:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies protocol enhancements for allowing the local
   mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain to asynchronously
   notify the mobile access gateway about changes related to a mobility
   session.  These update notification messages are exchanged using a
   new Mobility Header message type specifically designed for this
   purpose.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.