Subject: Last Call: <draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment-05.txt> (Mesh Link Establishment) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 07:49:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Mesh Link Establishment'
  <draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment-05.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the mesh link establishment (MLE) protocol for
   establishing and configuring secure radio links in IEEE 802.15.4
   radio mesh networks.  MLE extends IEEE 802.15.4 for use in multihop
   mesh networks by adding three capabilities: 1) dynamically
   configuring and securing radio links, 2) enabling network-wide
   changes to radio parameters, and 3) detecting neighboring devices.
   MLE operates below the routing layer, insulating it from the details
   of configuring, securing, and maintaining individual radio links
   within a larger mesh network.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.