Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-04.txt> (Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile Devices) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 06:52:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile Devices'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an IPv6 profile for 3GPP mobile devices.  It
   lists the set of features a 3GPP mobile device is to be compliant
   with to connect to an IPv6-only or dual-stack wireless network
   (including 3GPP cellular network and IEEE 802.11 network).

   This document defines a different profile than the one for general
   connection to IPv6 cellular networks defined in
   [I-D.ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis].  In particular, this document identifies
   also features to deliver IPv4 connectivity service over an IPv6-only
   transport.

   Both hosts and devices with capability to share their WAN (Wide Area
   Network) connectivity are in scope.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.