Subject: RFC 6979 on Deterministic Usage of the Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 12:28:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6979

        Title:      Deterministic Usage of the Digital 
                    Signature Algorithm (DSA) and Elliptic Curve 
                    Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) 
        Author:     T. Pornin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      79
        Characters: 140386
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-pornin-deterministic-dsa-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6979.txt

This document defines a deterministic digital signature generation
procedure.  Such signatures are compatible with standard Digital
Signature Algorithm (DSA) and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature
Algorithm (ECDSA) digital signatures and can be processed with
unmodified verifiers, which need not be aware of the procedure
described therein.  Deterministic signatures retain the cryptographic
security features associated with digital signatures but can be more
easily implemented in various environments, since they do not need
access to a source of high-quality randomness.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC