Subject: Document Action: 'ECC Brainpool Curves for Transport Layer Security (TLS)' to Informational RFC (draft-merkle-tls-brainpool-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:31:55 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'ECC Brainpool Curves for Transport Layer Security (TLS)'
  (draft-merkle-tls-brainpool-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merkle-tls-brainpool/

Technical Summary

This memo specifies three new named elliptic curves, generated by
the ECC Brainpool, for use in TLS. These curves have already been
assigned OIDs but also require a name in a TLS repository to be
used with TLS.

Working Group Summary

This memo is not a working group document but it was discussed on the
TLS mailing list. There was some support but not enough to adopt it
as a working group item.

Document Quality

The elliptic curves have been used in other protocols than TLS. The
test vectors in the memo have been verified by the document shepherd

Personnel

Dan Harkins is the document Shepherd.
Sean Turner is the responsible AD.