Subject: RFC 6997 on Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low-Power and Lossy Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:24:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6997

        Title:      Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes 
                    in Low-Power and Lossy Networks 
        Author:     M. Goyal, Ed., E. Baccelli, 
                    M. Philipp, A. Brandt, J. Martocci
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 96596
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6997.txt

This document specifies a point-to-point route discovery mechanism,
complementary to the Routing Protocol for Low-power and Lossy
Networks (RPL) core functionality.  This mechanism allows an IPv6
router to discover "on demand" routes to one or more IPv6 routers in
a Low-power and Lossy Network (LLN) such that the discovered routes
meet specified metrics constraints.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC