Subject: Last Call: <draft-cotton-rfc4020bis-01.txt> (Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Code Points) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:52:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Code Points'
  <draft-cotton-rfc4020bis-01.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes the process for early allocation of code points
   by IANA from registries for which "Specification Required", "RFC
   Required", "IETF Review", or "Standards Action" policies apply.  This
   process can be used to alleviate the problem where code point
   allocation is needed to facilitate desired or required implementation
   and deployment experience prior to publication of an RFC that would
   normally trigger code point allocation.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4020.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cotton-rfc4020bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cotton-rfc4020bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.