Subject: RFC 6990 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) Independent Decodability Statistics Metrics Reporting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6990

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended 
                    Report (XR) Block for MPEG-2 Transport 
                    Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) 
                    Independent Decodability Statistics Metrics Reporting 
        Author:     R. Huang, Q. Wu,
                    H. Asaeda, G. Zorn
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21657
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6990.txt

An MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) is a standard container format used
in the transmission and storage of multimedia data.  Unicast/
multicast MPEG-2 TS over RTP is widely deployed in IPTV
systems.  This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
Extended Report (XR) block that allows the reporting of MPEG-2 TS
decodability statistics metrics related to transmissions of MPEG-2 TS
over RTP.  The metrics specified in the RTCP XR block are not
dependent on Program Specific Information (PSI) carried in MPEG-2 TS.

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC