Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey-09.txt> (Out-of-Band Public Key Validation for Transport Layer Security (TLS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 00:23:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'Out-of-Band Public Key Validation for Transport Layer Security (TLS)'
  <draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a new certificate type and two TLS
   extensions, one for the client and one for the server, for exchanging
   raw public keys in Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram
   Transport Layer Security (DTLS) for use with out-of-band public key
   validation.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.