Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-use-cases-07.txt> (Use Cases for Telepresence Multi-streams) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 07:35:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the ControLling mUltiple streams for
tElepresence WG (clue) to consider the following document:
- 'Use Cases for Telepresence Multi-streams'
  <draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-use-cases-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Telepresence conferencing systems seek to create an environment that
   gives non co-located users or user groups a feeling of co-located
   presence through multimedia communication including at least audio
   and video signals of high fidelity.  A number of techniques for
   handling audio and video streams are used to create this experience.
   When these techniques are not similar, interoperability between
   different systems is difficult at best, and often not possible.
   Conveying information about the relationships between multiple
   streams of media would allow senders and receivers to make choices to
   allow telepresence systems to interwork.  This memo describes the
   most typical and important use cases for sending multiple streams in
   a telepresence conference.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-use-cases/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-telepresence-use-cases/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.