Subject: Document Action: 'Use of OSPF-MDR in Single-Hop Broadcast Networks' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 08:53:18 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use of OSPF-MDR in Single-Hop Broadcast Networks'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr-04.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-manet-single-hop-mdr/

Technical Summary

  This draft describes the application of the OSPF MDR mechanisms 
  to single-hop broadcast networks. It also includes simplications 
  for MDR selection and Router-LSA origination on single-hop 
  broadcast networks. 

Working Group Summary

  The initial draft was authored about two years ago in response
  to the OSPF Hybrid Interface draft and OSPF MANET OR draft. 
  There was some discussion between those familiar with OSPF
  MANET extensions. There has been little WG last call discussion.

   Consequently, Joe Macker and Tom Henderson were recruited as 
   reviewers based on their MANET knowledge and involvement with 
   the original OSPF MANET work. As updated version was 
   published based this review.

Document Quality

  The document has gone through several WG review cycles and 
  revisions. Comments were received from some WG members. There
  are no implementations. 

Personnel

  Acee Lindem, OSPF WG chair, is the document shepherd and 
  Stewart Bryant is the responsible AD.