Subject: Document Action: 'Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of G.709 Optical Transport Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g709-framework-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:32:06 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of G.709 Optical Transport
   Networks'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g709-framework-15.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g709-framework/

Technical Summary

   This document provides a framework for protocol extensions to 
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) and Path
   Computation Element (PCE) to support the control of Optical
   Transport Networks (OTN) specified in ITU-T Recommendation
   G.709 as published in 2012. A previous version of G.709 was
   supported by RFC4328.  This document is one of four
   informational and standards track documents going through the
   publication process as a set.

Working Group Summary

   No controversy or discontent for this document.
   Nothing of note in the WG process
 
Document Quality

   This document provides background and an approach to extending
   existing RFCs for which there are implementations, but does not
   itself define any protocol mechanisms.  The existing RFCs include
   RFC3471, RFC3473, RFC4202, RFC4203, RFC4204, RFC4328, RFC4655.

Personnel
 
   Lou Berger is the Document Shepherd? 
   Adrian Farrel the Responsible Area Director?

RFC Editor Note

  Section 8: s/not requests/no requests/