Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-14.txt> (Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 Options) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:54:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 Options'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-14.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides guidance to prospective DHCPv6 Option
   developers to help them creating option formats that are easily
   adoptable by existing DHCPv6 software.  This document updates
   RFC3315.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.