Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Media Type for Reputation Interchange' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-repute-media-type-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:41:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Media Type for Reputation Interchange'
  (draft-ietf-repute-media-type-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Reputation Services Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-repute-media-type/

Technical Summary

   Once there is a validated identifier associated with an object or
   activity, it is possible to develop and communicate its behavioral
   "reputation".  The current draft is part of an effort to define a
   reputation query/report mechanism. This draft specifically defines
   the response syntax and format and the media-type for packaging it.

Working Group Summary

   The document has gone through multiple drafts, over a period of time,
   that were discussed in the working group. Discussion was mild and
   supportive, with no significant controversy. The working group
   'style' was mostly of a small, collaborative set of active
   participants, but has become quite dormant in recent months. Changes
   during AD Evaluation were passed by the few remaining active
   participants.

Document Quality

   The specified protocol is reasonable simple and flexible, tailored to
   the semantics of requesting reputation-related attributes about a
   "subject".

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Dave Crocker
   Responsible AD: Pete Resnick