Subject: STD 77, RFC 7011 on Specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of Flow Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 21:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 77        
        RFC 7011

        Title:      Specification of the IP Flow 
                    Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the 
                    Exchange of Flow Information 
        Author:     B. Claise, Ed.,
                    B. Trammell, Ed.,
                    P. Aitken
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      76
        Characters: 170852
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5101
        See Also:   STD 77

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7011.txt

This document specifies the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
protocol, which serves as a means for transmitting Traffic Flow
information over the network.  In order to transmit Traffic Flow
information from an Exporting Process to a Collecting Process, a
common representation of flow data and a standard means of
communicating them are required.  This document describes how
the IPFIX Data and Template Records are carried over a number of
transport protocols from an IPFIX Exporting Process to an IPFIX
Collecting Process.  This document obsoletes RFC 5101.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC