Subject: RFC 7028 on Multicast Mobility Routing Optimizations for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:49:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7028

        Title:      Multicast Mobility Routing Optimizations for 
                    Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     JC. Zuniga, LM. Contreras,
                    CJ. Bernardos, S. Jeon,
                    Y. Kim
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 63110
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7028.txt

This document proposes some experimental enhancements to the base
solution to support IP multicasting in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6)
domain.  These enhancements include the use of a multicast tree
mobility anchor as the topological anchor point for multicast
traffic, as well as a direct routing option where the Mobile Access
Gateway can provide access to multicast content in the local network.
The goal of these enhancements is to provide benefits such as
reducing multicast traffic replication and supporting different
PMIPv6 deployment scenarios.

This document is a product of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC