Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-flow-label-balancing-01.txt> (Using the IPv6 Flow Label for Server Load Balancing) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:42:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Area Working Group WG
(intarea) to consider the following document:
- 'Using the IPv6 Flow Label for Server Load Balancing'
  <draft-ietf-intarea-flow-label-balancing-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how the IPv6 flow label as currently
   specified can be used to enhance layer 3/4 load distribution and
   balancing for large server farms.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-flow-label-balancing/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-flow-label-balancing/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.