Subject: RFC 7033 on WebFinger

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:37:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7033

        Title:      WebFinger 
        Author:     P. Jones, G. Salgueiro,
                    M. Jones, J. Smarr
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 61552
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7033.txt

This specification defines the WebFinger protocol, which can be used
to discover information about people or other entities on the
Internet using standard HTTP methods.  WebFinger discovers
information for a URI that might not be usable as a locator
otherwise, such as account or email URIs.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC