Subject: Last Call: <draft-resnick-retire-std1-00.txt> (Retirement of the "Internet Official Protocol Standards" Summary Document) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 07:16:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Retirement of the "Internet Official Protocol Standards" Summary
   Document'
  <draft-resnick-retire-std1-00.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 2026 to no longer use STD 1 as a summary of
   "Internet Official Protocol Standards".  It obsoletes RFC 5000 and
   requests the IESG to move RFC 5000 (and therefore STD 1) to Historic
   status.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-resnick-retire-std1/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-resnick-retire-std1/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.