Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsec-ip-options-filtering-05.txt> (Recommendations on filtering of IPv4 packets containing IPv4 options.) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:05:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operational Security
Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure WG (opsec) to consider the
following document:
- 'Recommendations on filtering of IPv4 packets containing IPv4 options.'
  <draft-ietf-opsec-ip-options-filtering-05.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides advice on the filtering of IPv4 packets based
   on the IPv4 options they contain.  Additionally, it discusses the
   operational and interoperability implications of dropping packets
   based on the IP options they contain.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-ip-options-filtering/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-ip-options-filtering/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.