Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using LDP Multipoint Extensions on Targeted LDP Sessions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:49:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using LDP Multipoint Extensions on Targeted LDP Sessions'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp/

Technical Summary

   RFC 6388 specifies how the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) can be
   used to set up Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) and Multipoint-to-
   Multipoint (MP2MP) Label Switched Paths.  RFC 6388 presupposes 
   that the two endpoints of an LDP session are directly connected.  
   The LDP base specification (RFC 5036) allows for the case where the 
   two endpoints of an LDP session are not directly connected; such
   a session is known as a "Targeted LDP" session.  This document
   provides the specification for using the LDP P2MP/MP2MP extensions
   over a Targeted LDP session.
   
Document Quality

     An implementation poll has been sent to the working group and
     the information on implementations will be updated as soon as
     we received information from this poll.

     There is no need for MIB Doctor or Media Type reviews.

     This document had a fairly normal working group last call,
     with good comments that have been addressed.

Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.