Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-03.txt> (Transmission and Processing of IPv6 Extension Headers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 10:09:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Transmission and Processing of IPv6 Extension Headers'
  <draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Various IPv6 extension headers have been standardised since the IPv6
   standard was first published.  This document updates RFC 2460 to
   clarify how intermediate nodes should deal with such extension
   headers and with any that are defined in future.  It also specifies
   how extension headers should be registered by IANA, with a
   corresponding minor update to RFC 2780.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.