Subject: Last Call: <draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-07.txt> (AES-CCM ECC Cipher Suites for TLS) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:32:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'AES-CCM ECC Cipher Suites for TLS'
  <draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
   in the Counter and CBC-MAC Mode (CCM) of operation within Transport
   Layer Security (TLS) to provide confidentiality and data origin
   authentication.  The AES-CCM algorithm is amenable to compact
   implementations, making it suitable for constrained environments.
   The ciphersuites defined in this document use Elliptic Curve
   Cryptography (ECC), and are advantageous in networks with limited
   bandwidth.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1352/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1443/