Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication-02.txt> (Delayed Duplication Attribute in the Session Description Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:07:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Delayed Duplication Attribute in the Session Description Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A straightforward approach to provide protection against packet
   losses due to network outages with a longest duration of T time units
   is to simply duplicate the original packets and send each copy
   separated in time by at least T time units.  This approach is
   commonly referred to as Time-shifted Redundancy, Temporal Redundancy
   or simply Delayed Duplication.  This document defines an attribute to
   indicate the presence of temporally redundant media streams and the
   duplication delay in the Session Description Protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.