Subject: Last Call: <draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftpext-ftp-hosts-03.txt> (File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:49:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts'
  <draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftpext-ftp-hosts-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

The File Transfer Protocol, as defined in RFC 959, does not provide a
   way for FTP clients and servers to differentiate between multiple DNS
   names that are registered for a single IP address.  This document
   defines a new FTP command that provides a mechanism for FTP clients
   and servers to identify individual virtual hosts on an FTP server.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftpext-ftp-hosts/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftpext-ftp-hosts/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.