Subject: NOMCOM 2013 - Call for Nominations

From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 17:31:10 -0700

The 2013-14 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations
from now until October 18, 2013. The open positions being considered
by this year's Nomcom can be found at the end of this email and also on
this year's Nomcom website: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2013 home page, or by visiting the following URL: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/nominate/

Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org 
datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account 
if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

Nominations may also be made by email to [email-masked].
If use email, please include the word "Nominate" in the Subject and
indicate in the email who is being nominated, their email address (to
confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the position for which you
are making the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via email
for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nomination is welcome!

NomCom 2013-14 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in RFC 5680.  As stated in RFC 5680: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the
current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each
position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone with a
datatracker account may access the lists.  In all other ways, the 
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777/BCP10 remain in effect.  All
feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will remain confidential and will
not be disclosed.  

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the 
Nomcom on or before October 18, 2013.  Please submit your nominations  
as early as possible for the sake of your nominees, as we've set the 
questionnaire submission deadline for October 25, 2013.

The Nomcom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. The list of people and posts whose terms 
end with the March 2014 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which 
this Nomcom is responsible, follows:

IAOC
Chris Griffiths

IAB
Bernard Aboba
Marc Blanchet
Ross Callon
Eliot Lear
Hannes Tschofenig

IESG
Barry Leiba (Applications)
Brian Haberman (Internet)
Benoit Claise (Operations and Management)
Gonzalo Camarillo (RAI)
Stewart Bryant (Routing)
Sean Turner (Security)
Martin Stiemerling (Transport)

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination.  You'll
find extensive information about specific positions, developed by
the IAB, IESG, and IAOC, under individual tabs at:  

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/requirements/

In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on 
the positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's 
views and input on the jobs within each organization. If you 
have ideas on the positions' responsibilities (more, less, 
different), please let us know.  

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to [email-masked].

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

Best regards,
Allison

Allison Mankin, Nomcom 2103-14 Chair, [email-masked]