Subject: RFC 7004 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for Summary Statistics Metrics Reporting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7004

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended 
                    Report (XR) Blocks for Summary Statistics 
                    Metrics Reporting 
        Author:     G. Zorn,
                    R. Schott,
                    Q. Wu, Ed.,
                    R. Huang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 41795
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-summary-stat-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7004.txt

This document defines three RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended
Report (XR) blocks that allow the reporting of loss, duplication, and
discard summary statistics metrics in a range of RTP applications.

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC