Subject: RFC 7001 on Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:49:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7001

        Title:      Message Header Field for Indicating 
                    Message Authentication Status 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 101316
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5451, RFC 6577

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc5451bis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7001.txt

This document specifies a message header field called Authentication-
Results for use with electronic mail messages to indicate the results
of message authentication efforts.  Any receiver-side software, such
as mail filters or Mail User Agents (MUAs), can use this header field
to relay that information in a convenient and meaningful way to users
or to make sorting and filtering decisions.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC