Subject: RFC 7030 on Enrollment over Secure Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7030

        Title:      Enrollment over Secure Transport 
        Author:     M. Pritikin, Ed.,
                    P. Yee, Ed.,
                    D. Harkins, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 123989
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-est-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7030.txt

This document profiles certificate enrollment for clients using
Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) messages over a secure
transport.  This profile, called Enrollment over Secure Transport
(EST), describes a simple, yet functional, certificate management
protocol targeting Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) clients that need
to acquire client certificates and associated Certification Authority
(CA) certificates.  It also supports client-generated public/private
key pairs as well as key pairs generated by the CA.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC