Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-05.txt> (Multicast Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks (MPL)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:17:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'Multicast Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks (MPL)'
  <draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Multicast Protocol for Low power and
   Lossy Networks (MPL) that provides IPv6 multicast forwarding in
   constrained networks.  MPL avoids the need to construct or maintain
   any multicast forwarding topology, disseminating messages to all MPL
   Forwarders in an MPL Domain.  MPL uses the Trickle algorithm to
   manage message transmissions for both control and data-plane
   messages.  Different Trickle parameter configurations allow MPL to
   trade between dissemination latency and transmission efficiency.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1858/