Subject: RFC 7039 on Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:10:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7039

        Title:      Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) 
                    Framework 
        Author:     J. Wu,
                    J. Bi,
                    M. Bagnulo,
                    F. Baker,
                    C. Vogt, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    mail<@christianvogt.net
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31946
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-savi-framework-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7039.txt

Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) methods were developed
to prevent nodes attached to the same IP link from spoofing each
other's IP addresses, so as to complement ingress filtering with
finer-grained, standardized IP source address validation.  This
document is a framework document that describes and motivates the
design of the SAVI methods.  Particular SAVI methods are described in
other documents.

This document is a product of the Source Address Validation Improvements Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC