Subject: RFC 7037 on RADIUS Option for the DHCPv6 Relay Agent

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7037

        Title:      RADIUS Option for the DHCPv6 
                    Relay Agent 
        Author:     L. Yeh, M. Boucadair
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23356
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7037.txt

The DHCPv6 RADIUS option provides a mechanism to exchange
authorization and identification information between the DHCPv6 relay
agent and DHCPv6 server.  This architecture assumes that the Network
Access Server (NAS) acts as both a DHCPv6 relay agent and RADIUS
client.  When receiving messages from the DHCPv6 clients, the NAS
consults the RADIUS server and adds the RADIUS response when
forwarding the DHCPv6 client's messages to the DHCPv6 server.  The
DHCPv6 server then uses that additional information to generate an
appropriate response to the DHCPv6 client's requests.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC