Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking-08.txt> (IGMP/MLD-Based Explicit Membership Tracking Function for Multicast Routers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:45:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast
WG (pim) to consider the following document:
- 'IGMP/MLD-Based Explicit Membership Tracking Function for Multicast
   Routers'
  <draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-06 (this is a 3 week last call to allow
extra time as people are preparing for IETF-88). Exceptionally, comments
may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the IGMP/MLD-based explicit membership
   tracking function for multicast routers and IGMP/MLD proxy devices
   supporting IGMPv3/MLDv2.  The explicit membership tracking function
   contributes to saving network resources and shortening leave latency.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.