Subject: BCP 141, RFC 7042 on IANA Considerations and IETF Protocol and Documentation Usage for IEEE 802 Parameters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:51:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 141        
        RFC 7042

        Title:      IANA Considerations and IETF Protocol 
                    and Documentation Usage for IEEE 802 
                    Parameters 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, J. Abley
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 53488
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5342
        Updates:    RFC 2153
        See Also:   BCP 141

        I-D Tag:    draft-eastlake-rfc5342bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7042.txt

Some IETF protocols make use of Ethernet frame formats and IEEE 802
parameters.  This document discusses several uses of such parameters in
IETF protocols, specifies IANA considerations for assignment of
points under the IANA OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier), and
provides some values for use in documentation.
This document obsoletes RFC 5342.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC