Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transmission and Processing of IPv6 Extension Headers' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:01:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Transmission and Processing of IPv6 Extension Headers'
  (draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit/

Technical Summary:

  This document updates RFC 2460 to clarify how intermediate nodes should
  deal with such extension headers and with any that are defined in
  future.  It also specifies how extension headers should be registered
  by IANA, with a corresponding minor update to RFC 2780.

Working Group Summary:

Was there anything in WG process that is worth noting? For example,
was there controversy about particular points or were there decisions
where the consensus was particularly rough?

  No.

Document Quality:

  There was a good discussion in the working group and well as a detailed
  review by Fernando Gont.  The current draft resolves issues raised in
  the w.g. last call and detailed review.  

Personnel:

  Bob Hinden is the Document Shepherd. 
  Brian Haberman is the Responsible Area Director.