Subject: Last Call: <draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach-04.txt> (Software-Defined Networking: A Perspective From Within A Service Provider) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:39:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Software-Defined Networking: A Perspective From Within A Service
   Provider'
  <draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Software-Defined Networking (SDN) has been one of the major buzz
   words of the networking industry for the past couple of years.  And
   yet, no clear definition of what SDN actually covers has been broadly
   admitted so far.  This document aims at contributing to the
   clarification of the SDN landscape by providing a perspective on
   requirements, issues and other considerations about SDN, as seen from
   within a service provider environment.

   It is not meant to endlessly discuss what SDN truly means, but rather
   to suggest a functional taxonomy of the techniques that can be used
   under a SDN umbrella and to elaborate on the various pending issues
   the combined activation of such techniques inevitably raises.  As
   such, a definition of SDN is only mentioned for the sake of
   clarification.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.