Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-24.txt> (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Message Syntax and Routing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 06:07:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis
WG (httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Message Syntax and Routing'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level
   protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
   systems.  HTTP has been in use by the World Wide Web global
   information initiative since 1990.  This document provides an
   overview of HTTP architecture and its associated terminology, defines
   the "http" and "https" Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) schemes,
   defines the HTTP/1.1 message syntax and parsing requirements, and
   describes general security concerns for implementations.

Note that this document is part of a set, which should be reviewed together:

* draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p4-conditional
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth
* draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations
* draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations

The following normative references should be noted as "downward references":
RFC 1950, "ZLIB Compressed Data Format Specification version 3.3"
RFC 1951, "DEFLATE Compressed Data Format Specification version 1.3"
RFC 1952, "GZIP file format specification version 4.3"
Welch, T., "A Technique for High Performance Data Compression"

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging/

Once IESG evaluation begins, IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.