Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-terminology-13.txt> (Terms used in Ruting for Low power And Lossy Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 03:34:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'Terms used in Ruting for Low power And Lossy Networks'
  <draft-ietf-roll-terminology-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The documents provides a glossary of terminology used in routing
   requirements and solutions for networks referred to as Low power and
   Lossy Networks (LLN).  An LLN is typically composed of many embedded
   devices with limited power, memory, and processing resources
   interconnected by a variety of links.  There is a wide scope of
   application areas for LLNs, including industrial monitoring, building
   automation (e.g.  Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, lighting,
   access control, fire), connected home, healthcare, environmental
   monitoring, urban sensor networks, energy management, assets
   tracking, refrigeration.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-terminology/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-terminology/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.