Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-labreqs-04.txt> (Requirements for Labeled NFS) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 05:52:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Labeled NFS'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-labreqs-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo outlines high-level requirements for the integration of
   flexible Mandatory Access Control (MAC) functionality into the
   Network File System (NFS) version 4.2 (NFSv4.2).  It describes the
   level of protections that should be provided over protocol components
   and the basic structure of the proposed system.  The intent here is
   not to present the protocol changes, but to describe the environment
   in which they reside.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-labreqs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-labreqs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.