Subject: Protocol Action: 'Retirement of the "Internet Official Protocol Standards" Summary Document' to Best Current Practice (draft-resnick-retire-std1-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 05:56:24 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Retirement of the "Internet Official Protocol Standards" Summary
   Document'
  (draft-resnick-retire-std1-01.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-resnick-retire-std1/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 2026 to no longer use STD 1 as a summary of
   "Internet Official Protocol Standards".  It obsoletes RFC 5000 and
   requests the IESG to move RFC 5000 (and therefore STD 1) to Historic
   status.

Working Group Summary

   No particular comments. The draft was created as a part of the effort of the IAB to
   remove the publication of STD 1 summaries from the stream of RFCs.

Document Quality

   The document has been reviewed by the IESG and IAB and the community.

Personnel

   The responsible AD and DS is Jari Arkko.