Subject: RFC 7049 on Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:52:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7049

        Title:      Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) 
        Author:     C. Carsten, P. Hoffman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 134062
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bormann-cbor-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7049.txt

The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) is a data format
whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small code
size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the need
for version negotiation.  These design goals make it different from
earlier binary serializations such as ASN.1 and MessagePack.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC