Subject: WG Action: Rechartered MBONE Deployment (mboned)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:30:28 -0700

The MBONE Deployment (mboned) working group in the Operations and
Management Area of the IETF has been rechartered. For additional
information please contact the Area Directors or the WG Chairs.

MBONE Deployment (mboned)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
  Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>

Technical advisors:
  Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mboned

Charter:

The MBONE Deployment Working Group is a forum for coordinating the
deployment, engineering, and operation of multicast routing protocols 
and procedures in the global Internet, inter-domain and single domain. 
This activity will include, but not be limited to:

- Document deployment of multicast routing in the global Internet.

- Receive regular reports on the current state of the deployment of 
multicast technology. Create "practice and experience" documents that 
capture the experience of those who have deployed and are deploying 
various multicast technologies.

- Based on reports and other information, provide feedback to other 
relevant working groups.

- Develop mechanisms and procedures for sharing operational information 
to aid in operation of the multicast backbones and interconnects.

- Analyze the need for IPv4 - IPv6 multicast transition solutions

- Develop tools, extend protocols and provide operational and 
implementation advice that assists in multicast administration, 
diagnostics, troubleshooting and deployment between/within native and 
non-native environments.

- Development of routing and group membership protocols is out of scope. 
This working group may develop requirements and assist in review and 
feedback of documents in other working groups responsible for such 
protocols.

Milestones:
  Jan 2014 - Submit Mtracev2 to IESG for Proposed Standards
  Mar 2014 - Work with TSV area to submit multicast transport guidelines
for congestion control
  Mar 2014 - Submit Overview of Multicast in the Data Center to IESG for
Informational