Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) (pkix)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:29:12 -0700

The Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) (pkix) Working Group in the 
Security Area has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Stephen 
Farrell and Sean Turner.

The PKIX working group has completed its charter items, and is
officially closing. The mailing list will be retained for future
discussions.

The PKIX working group was focused on PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
standards. Over its 18 year existence, the working group published
over 70 with the most prominent being RFC 2459/3280/5280: the Internet
X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation
List (CRL) Profile. Other notable work includes RFC 6960: OCSP
(Online Certificate Status Protocol), RFC 4210: CMP (Certificate
Management Protocol), RFC 5272: CMC (Certificate Management over
Certificate Management Syntax), and RFC 7030: EST (Enrollment over
Secure Transport).

The RFCs produced by the WG are the underpinning of many protocols
that secure the Internet at almost every layer of the protocol stack.

Both Stephen and I would like to thank all of the IETF participants
who have contributed to documents produced by the PKIX working group
and to the successful completion of these important deliverables. We
especially thank Warwick Ford, Tim Polk, and Stefan Santesson who
chaired the working group at various time since its formation as well
as Steve Kent who chaired the working group since its inception.

S&S