Subject: RFC 7024 on Virtual Hub-and-Spoke in BGP/MPLS VPNs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 09:12:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7024

        Title:      Virtual Hub-and-Spoke in BGP/MPLS VPNs 
        Author:     H. Jeng, J. Uttaro,
                    L. Jalil, B. Decraene,
                    Y. Rekhter, R. Aggarwal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 62926
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-virtual-hub-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7024.txt

With BGP/MPLS Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), providing any-to-any
connectivity among sites of a given VPN would require each 
Provider Edge (PE) router connected to one or more of these sites 
to hold all the routes of that VPN.  The approach described in 
this document allows the VPN service provider to reduce the number 
of PE routers that have to maintain all these routes by requiring 
only a subset of these routers to maintain all these routes.

Furthermore, when PE routers use ingress replication to
carry the multicast traffic of VPN customers, the approach 
described in this document may, under certain circumstances, 
reduce bandwidth inefficiency associated with ingress replication 
and redistribute the replication load among PE routers.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC