Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-24.txt> (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Caching) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 06:15:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis
WG (httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Caching'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level
   protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
   systems.  This document defines requirements on HTTP caches and the
   associated header fields that control cache behavior or indicate
   cacheable response messages.

Note that this document is part of a set, which should be reviewed together:

* draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p4-conditional
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth
* draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations
* draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations

In addition, the obsolete reference to RFC 1305 will be updated to point to RFC 5905.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache/

Once IESG evaluation begins, IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.