Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-05.txt> (Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Package Receipt and Error Content Types) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:06:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Package Receipt and Error
   Content Types'
  <draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-05.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the syntax for two Cryptographic Message Syntax
   (CMS) content types, one for key package receipts, and another for
   key package errors.  The key package receipt content type is used to
   confirm receipt of an identified key package or collection of key
   packages.  The key package error content type is used to indicate an
   error occurred during the processing of a key package.  CMS can be
   used to digitally sign, digest, authenticate, or encrypt these
   content types.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document has the following downrefs:

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational draft:
     draft-turner-application-cms-media-type (ref. 'MEDIA')

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 5912

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 6268