Subject: RFC 7069 on DECoupled Application Data Enroute (DECADE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:05:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7069

        Title:      DECoupled Application Data Enroute (DECADE) 
        Author:     R. Alimi, A. Rahman,
                    D. Kutscher, Y. Yang,
                    H. Song, K. Pentikousis
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 81867
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-alimi-decade-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7069.txt

Content distribution applications, such as those employing
peer-to-peer (P2P) technologies, are widely used on the Internet and
make up a large portion of the traffic in many networks.  Often,
however, content distribution applications use network resources
inefficiently.  One way to improve efficiency is to introduce storage
capabilities within the network and enable cooperation between
end-host and in-network content distribution mechanisms.  This is the
capability provided by a DECoupled Application Data Enroute (DECADE)
system, which is introduced in this document.  DECADE enables
applications to take advantage of in-network storage when
distributing data objects as opposed to using solely end-to-end
resources.  This document presents the underlying principles and key
functionalities of such a system and illustrates operation through a
set of examples.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC