Subject: RFC 7054 on Addressing Requirements and Design Considerations for Per-Interface Maintenance Entity Group Intermediate Points (MIPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:20:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7054

        Title:      Addressing Requirements and Design Considerations 
                    for Per-Interface Maintenance Entity Group 
                    Intermediate 
                    Points (MIPs) 
        Author:     A. Farrel, H. Endo,
                    R. Winter, Y. Koike,
                    M. Paul
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25444
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7054.txt

The framework for Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
within the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) describes how the Maintenance
Entity Group Intermediate Points (MIPs) may be situated within
network nodes at incoming and outgoing interfaces.

This document elaborates on important considerations for internal MIP
addressing.  More precisely, it describes important restrictions for
any mechanism that specifies a way of forming OAM messages so that
they can be targeted at MIPs on either incoming or outgoing interfaces and
forwarded correctly through the forwarding engine.  Furthermore, the 
document includes considerations for node implementations where there is 
no distinction between the incoming and outgoing MIP.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC