Subject: RFC 7075 on Realm-Based Redirection In Diameter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:32:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7075

        Title:      Realm-Based Redirection In Diameter 
        Author:     T. Tsou, 
                    R. Hao,
                    T. Taylor, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21434
        Updates:    RFC 6733

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7075.txt

The Diameter protocol includes a capability for message redirection,
controlled by an application-independent "redirect agent".  In some
circumstances, an operator may wish to redirect messages to an
alternate domain without specifying individual hosts.  This document
specifies an application-specific mechanism by which a Diameter
server or proxy (node) can perform such a redirection when the
Straightforward-Naming Authority Pointer (S-NAPTR) is not used for
dynamic peer discovery.  A node performing this new function is
referred to as a "Realm-based Redirect Server".

This memo updates Sections 6.13 and 6.14 of RFC 6733 with respect to
the usage of the Redirect-Host-Usage and Redirect-Max-Cache-Time
Attribute-Value Pairs (AVPs).

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC