Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-09.txt> (Options for Securing RTP Sessions) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:06:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Options for Securing RTP Sessions'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in a large number of
   different application domains and environments.  This heterogeneity
   implies that different security mechanisms are needed to provide
   services such as confidentiality, integrity and source authentication
   of RTP/RTCP packets suitable for the various environments.  The range
   of solutions makes it difficult for RTP-based application developers
   to pick the most suitable mechanism.  This document provides an
   overview of a number of security solutions for RTP, and gives
   guidance for developers on how to choose the appropriate security
   mechanism.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.