Subject: RFC 7060 on Using LDP Multipoint Extensions on Targeted LDP Sessions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:09:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7060

        Title:      Using LDP Multipoint Extensions on 
                    Targeted LDP Sessions 
        Author:     M. Napierala, E. Rosen,
                    IJ. Wijnands
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19384
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7060.txt

Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) can be used to set up
Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) and Multipoint-to-Multipoint (MP2MP)
Label Switched Paths.  However, the specification for the Multipoint
Extensions to LDP presupposes that the two endpoints of an LDP session
are directly connected.  The LDP base specification allows for the
case where the two endpoints of an LDP session are not directly
connected; such a session is known as a "Targeted LDP" session.
This document provides the specification for using the LDP Multipoint
Extensions over a Targeted LDP session.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC