Subject: RFC 7059 on A Comparison of IPv6-over-IPv4 Tunnel Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:05:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7059

        Title:      A Comparison of IPv6-over-IPv4 Tunnel 
                    Mechanisms 
        Author:     S. Steffann,
                    I. van Beijnum,
                    R. van Rein
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 98886
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-steffann-tunnels-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7059.txt

This document provides an overview of various ways to tunnel IPv6
packets over IPv4 networks.  It covers mechanisms in current use,
touches on several mechanisms that are now only of historic interest,
and discusses some newer tunnel mechanisms that are not widely used
at the time of publication.  The goal of the document is helping
people with an IPv6-in-IPv4 tunneling need to select the mechanisms
that may apply to them.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC