Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-04.txt> (LDP Extensions for Hub & Spoke Multipoint Label Switched Path) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:03:58 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'LDP Extensions for Hub & Spoke Multipoint Label Switched Path'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft introduces a hub & spoke multipoint (HSMP) Label Switched
   Path (LSP), which allows traffic both from root to leaf through
   point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSP and also leaf to root along the
   reverse path.  That means traffic entering the HSMP LSP from
   application/customer at the root node travels downstream to each leaf
   node, exactly as if it is travelling downstream along a P2MP LSP to
   each leaf node.  Upstream traffic entering the HSMP LSP at any leaf
   node travels upstream along the tree to the root, as if it is unicast
   to the root.  The communication among the leaf nodes are not allowed.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1777/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2191/