Subject: Volunteers Needed for ICANN Technical Liaison Group

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 08:17:18 -0500

Please forward to all interested parties.

Dear Colleagues,

The IAB (on behalf of the IETF) has been asked to supply two technical
experts to ICANN Technical Liaison Group (TLG).  The ICANN Bylaws
(Article XI-A, Section 2, Paragraph 6) asks the IETF, ITU-T, ETSI, and
W3C to each provide two technical experts.  The technical experts are
expected to be "familiar with the technical standards issues that are
relevant to ICANN's activities." These eight experts are expected to be
"available as necessary to determine, through an exchange of e-mail
messages, where to direct a technical question from ICANN when ICANN
does not ask a specific TLG organization directly.

The ICANN bylaws can be found at
http://www.icann.org/en/about/governance/bylaws.

The IAB is asking the community for volunteers to serve on the ICANN TLG.
If you are interested, please send a short e-mail to iab-chair at iab.org
with a copy to execd at iab.org with your motivation and information
concerning your familiarity with the IETF and ICANN as well as the other
standards organizations represented on the TLG.  The deadline for
volunteering is 17 Nov 2013.

The IAB will select from the available candidates, taking into account
the familiarity with ICANN and the IETF, their roles, and the IETF
protocols.  While familiarity with ETSI, ITU-T, and W3C is also
desirable, it is not required.  The selected candidates will serve on
the ICANN TLG on personal title; however, the IAB will be looking for
candidates who have an understanding of the interests of the technical
community.

The IAB will select one person for a one year term and select one person
for a two year term.

The ICANN TLG is expected to meet in person at or around the three ICANN
meetings held each year.

NOTE: ICANN does cover travel and hotel costs for a pre-determined number
of days at each of the ICANN meetings.

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone
else for one of the TLG positions, please send an email to iab-chair at
iab.org and execd at iab.org by 17 Nov 2013.

On behalf of the IAB,
   Russ Housley
   IAB Chair

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 14:32:02 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

The IAB recently requested nominations to the ICANN Technical
Liaison Group (TLG).  We have a number of candidates, and we
are soliciting comment from the community on these candidates.

The following candidates have put their names forward:

   Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
   David Conrad <[email-masked]>
   Alex Deacon <[email-masked]>
   Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
   Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
   Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
   Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
   John Levine <[email-masked]>
   Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
   Hassan Zaheer <[email-masked]>

Please send your remarks in confidence about any or all candidates to
[email-masked] and [email-masked].  We thank you in advance for
your help.

Best regards,
Russ Housley
IAB Chair

---

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 14:33:10 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

Best regards,
Russ Housley
IAB Chair

---

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:47:16 -0500

Please provide your comments by the 9th of December.  Thanks.