Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-13.txt> (Requirements for Advanced Multipath in MPLS Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:46:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Advanced Multipath in MPLS Networks'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides a set of requirements for Advanced Multipath
   in MPLS Networks.

   Advanced Multipath is a formalization of multipath techniques
   currently in use in IP and MPLS networks and a set of extensions to
   existing multipath techniques.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

I draw readers attention to the following note in the Shepherds report:

"After the last WGLC completed, there was concern about the terminology of
composite link not quite matching that used in the ITU.  The draft has been
updated to use the term "Advanced Multipath" instead.  Some additional 
simplifications were also made by the authors' agreement."

In view of the changes to the text starting a second IETF Last Call.