Subject: Last Call: <draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-12.txt> (Using the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI) Uniform Resource Name (URN) as an Instance ID) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:18:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Using the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
   Uniform Resource Name (URN) as an Instance ID'
  <draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-12.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note that this draft was already IETF Last Called in July. The current revision
of the draft is supposed to have addressed all the comments received during
the previous IETF Last Call.

Abstract

   This specification specifies how the Uniform Resource Name (URN)
   reserved for the GSMA (GSM Association) identities and its sub-
   namespace for the IMEI (International Mobile station Equipment
   Identity) can be used as an instance-id.  Its purpose is to fulfil
   the requirements in RFC 5626 [1] that state "If a URN scheme other
   than UUID (Universally unique identifier) is used, the UA (User
   Agent) MUST only use URNs for which an RFC (from the IETF stream)
   defines how the specific URN needs to be constructed and used in the
   "+sip.instance" Contact header field parameter for outbound
   behavior."

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1428/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2094/