Subject: RFC 7084 on Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:33:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7084

        Title:      Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer 
                    Edge Routers 
        Author:     H. Singh, W. Beebee,
                    C. Donley, B. Stark
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 46569
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6204

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-6204bis-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7084.txt

This document specifies requirements for an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE)
router.  Specifically, the current version of this document focuses
on the basic provisioning of an IPv6 CE router and the provisioning
of IPv6 hosts attached to it.  The document also covers IP transition
technologies.  Two transition technologies in RFC 5969's IPv6 Rapid
Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd) and RFC 6333's Dual-Stack
Lite (DS-Lite) are covered in the document.  The document obsoletes
RFC 6204.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC