Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-07.txt> (Location Information Server (LIS) Discovery using IP address and Reverse DNS) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 14:59:23 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Location Information Server (LIS) Discovery using IP address and
   Reverse DNS'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The residential gateway is a device that has become an integral part
   of home networking equipment.  Discovering a Location Information
   Server (LIS) is a necessary part of acquiring location information
   for location-based services.  However, discovering a LIS when a
   residential gateway is present poses a configuration challenge,
   requiring a method that is able to work around the obstacle presented
   by the gateway.

   This document describes a solution to this problem.  The solution
   provides alternative domain names as input to the LIS discovery
   process based on the network addresses assigned to a Device.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.