Subject: Protocol Action: 'RPKI-Based Origin Validation Operation' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-sidr-origin-ops-23.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:09:17 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RPKI-Based Origin Validation Operation'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-origin-ops-23.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-origin-ops/

Technical Summary

   Deployment of RPKI-based BGP origin validation has many operational
   considerations.  This document attempts to collect and present those
   which are most critical.  It is expected to evolve as RPKI-based
   origin validation continues to be deployed and the dynamics are
   better understood.

Working Group Summary

   The discussion for this document was long and detailed, I believe that
   the WG came to a successful conclusion, which this revision-21 document
   displays.

Document Quality

   This document describes processes and procedures, not a protocol. 
   There is thus no protocol to test. I do believe that after 21 revisions 
   there is a proper level of document quality and care taken.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Chris Morrow ([email-masked])
   AD: Stewart Bryant ([email-masked])