Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-12.txt> (Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 12:35:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document:
- 'Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) are frequently used for content
   delivery.  As a result of significant growth in content delivered
   over IP networks, existing CDN providers are scaling up their
   infrastructure.  Many Network Service Providers and Enterprise
   Service Providers are also deploying their own CDNs.  To deliver
   contents from the Content Service Provider (CSP) to end users, the
   contents may traverse across multiple CDNs.  This creates a need for
   interconnecting (previously) standalone CDNs so that they can
   collectively act as a single delivery platform from the CSP to the
   end users.

   The goal of the present document is to outline the requirements for
   the solution and interfaces to be specified by the CDNI working
   group.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-requirements/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2124/