Subject: Last Call: <draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-18.txt> (A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the Global System for Mobile communications Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:19:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the Global System for Mobile
   communications Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile
   station Equipment Identity (IMEI)'
  <draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-18.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note that this draft was already IETF Last Called in July. The current revision
of the draft is supposed to have addressed all the comments received during
the previous IETF Last Call.

Abstract

   This specification specifies a Uniform Resource Name namespace for
   the GSMA (Global System for Mobile communications Association) and a
   Namespace Specific String (NSS) for the IMEI (International Mobile
   station Equipment Identity), and an associated parameter for the
   IMEISV (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software
   Version number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the IMEISV
   is 16 decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary Encoded
   Decimal (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part of the
   specification for Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) and
   are also now incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project
   (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the Universal
   Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long Term
   Evolution).  The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile
   Equipment within these systems and are managed by the GSMA.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1224/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2090/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2095/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1213/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1471/