Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-aptx-04.txt> (RTP Payload Format for Standard apt-X and Enhanced apt-X Codecs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:08:27 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
WG (payload) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for Standard apt-X and Enhanced apt-X Codecs'
  <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-aptx-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a scheme for packetizing Standard apt-X, or
   Enhanced apt-X, encoded audio data into Real-time Transport Protocol
   (RTP) packets.  The document describes a payload format that permits
   transmission of multiple related audio channels in a single RTP
   payload, and a means of establishing Standard apt-X and Enhanced
   apt-X connections through the Session Description Protocol (SDP).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-aptx/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-aptx/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.