Subject: RFC 7066 on IPv6 for Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Cellular Hosts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:24:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7066

        Title:      IPv6 for Third Generation Partnership 
                    Project (3GPP) Cellular Hosts 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    J. Arkko, Ed.,
                    T. Savolainen, 
                    S. Krishnan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 44253
        Obsoletes:  RFC3316

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7066.txt

As the deployment of third and fourth generation cellular networks
progresses, a large number of cellular hosts are being connected to
the Internet.  Standardization organizations have made the Internet
Protocol version 6 (IPv6) mandatory in their specifications.
However, the concept of IPv6 covers many aspects and numerous
specifications.  In addition, the characteristics of cellular links
in terms of bandwidth, cost, and delay put special requirements on
how IPv6 is used.  This document considers IPv6 for cellular hosts
that attach to the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), Universal
Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), or Evolved Packet System
(EPS) networks (hereafter collectively referred to as Third
Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) networks).  This document also
lists specific IPv6 functionalities that need to be implemented in
addition to what is already prescribed in the IPv6 Node Requirements
document (RFC 6434).  It also discusses some issues related to the
use of these components when operating in these networks.  This
document obsoletes RFC 3316.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC