Subject: Document Action: 'Object Identifier Registry for the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group' to Informational RFC (draft-housley-smime-oids-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:46:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Object Identifier Registry for the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group'
  (draft-housley-smime-oids-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-smime-oids/

Technical Summary

   When the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group was chartered, an object
   identifier arc was donated by RSA Data Security for use by that
   working group.  This document describes the object identifiers that
   were assigned in that donated arc, it transfers control of that arc
   to IANA, and it establishes IANA allocation policies for any future
   assignments within that arc.

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of a WG, but it was discussed on the S/MIME
   mailing list.

Document Quality

   The document is fine for its intended purpose.

Personnel

   Jim Schaad is the shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the responsible AD.