Subject: RFC 7056 on Name Attributes for the GSS-API Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:48:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7056

        Title:      Name Attributes for the GSS-API 
                    Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Mechanism 
        Author:     S. Hartman, J. Howlett
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24622
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7056.txt

The naming extensions to the Generic Security Service Application
Programming Interface (GSS-API) provide a mechanism for applications
to discover authorization and personalization information associated
with GSS-API names.  The Extensible Authentication Protocol GSS-API
mechanism allows an Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
(AAA) peer to provide authorization attributes alongside an
authentication response.  It also supplies mechanisms to process
Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) messages provided in the
AAA response.  This document describes how to use the Naming
Extensions API to access that information.

This document is a product of the Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC