Subject: RFC 7101 on List of Internet Official Protocol Standards: Replaced by a Web Page

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:22:39 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7101

        Title:      List of Internet Official Protocol 
                    Standards: Replaced by a Web Page 
        Author:     S. Ginoza
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6922
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-rfced-rfcxx00-retired-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7101.txt

At one time, the RFC Editor published snapshots of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards".  These documents were known as xx00
documents, the last of which was published in May 2008.  These
snapshots have been replaced by a web page, so the RFC Editor
will no longer be publishing these snapshots as RFCs.  As a result,
the RFC Editor will classify unpublished RFC xx00 numbers through
7000 as never issued.  Starting with the RFC number 7100, xx00
numbers will be available for assignment.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC