Subject: Document Action: 'Revision of the tcpControlBits IPFIX Information Element' to Informational RFC (draft-trammell-ipfix-tcpcontrolbits-revision-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:29:43 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Revision of the tcpControlBits IPFIX Information Element'
  (draft-trammell-ipfix-tcpcontrolbits-revision-05.txt) as Informational
RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-ipfix-tcpcontrolbits-revision/

Technical Summary

   This document revises the tcpControlBits IPFIX Information Element
   defined in RFC 5102 to reflect changes to the TCP Flags header field
   since RFC 793.  Since RFC 5102 is a Proposed Standard RFC, a change to
   one of its Information Elements requires IETF consensus.

   The document is Informational; it provides information to IPFIX
   developers who wish to use TCP's ECN-related flag bits.

Working Group Summary

   The draft has been discussed on the IPFIX list since early September;
   there is clear consensus for it within the WG.

   This document is AD-sponsored as the IPFIX WG is slowly but surely
   finishing up his last deliverables and will be shutting down.

Document Quality

   This draft was written by Brian Trammell and Paul Aitken, both of whom
   are IE-Doctors and active IPFIX developers.  Andrew Feren and Lothar
   Braun made further contributions to the discussion; in particular
   noting that backward compatibility with existing IPFIX collectors must
   be maintained.

   Brian acknowledges that this work on this is partially supported by
   the mPlane project, implying that there is strong interest in it
    within mPlane.

Personnel

   Document shepherd: Nevil Brownlee
   Responsible Area Director: Benoit Claise