Subject: RFC 7082 on Indication of Conference Focus Support for the Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol (CCMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 17:58:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7082

        Title:      Indication of Conference Focus Support 
                    for the Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol 
                    (CCMP) 
        Author:     R. Shekh-Yusef, M. Barnes
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18709
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-yusef-dispatch-ccmp-indication-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7082.txt

The Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol (CCMP) document
(RFC 6503) defines a way for a client to discover a conference control
server that supports CCMP.  However, it does not define a way for a
client involved in a conference to determine if the conference focus
supports CCMP.  This information would allow a CCMP-enabled client
that joins a conference using SIP to also register for the
Centralized Conferencing (XCON) conference event package and take
advantage of CCMP operations on the conference.

This document describes two mechanisms, depending upon the need of
the User Agent (UA), to address the above limitation.  The first
mechanism uses the Call-Info header field, and the second mechanism
defines a new value for the "purpose" header field parameter in the
<service-uris> element in the SIP conferencing event package.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC