Subject: Protocol Action: 'Creation of a registry for smime-type parameter values' to Proposed Standard (draft-leiba-smime-type-registry-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:20:36 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Creation of a registry for smime-type parameter values'
  (draft-leiba-smime-type-registry-02.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-smime-type-registry/

Technical Summary

Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) defined the
Content-Type parameter "smime-type".  As the list of defined values
for that parameter has increased, it has become clear that a registry
is needed to document those values.  This document creates that
registry, registers the current values, and specifies the policies
for registration of new values.

Working Group Summary

This is not the product of a WG, but it has been discussed on the
SAAG mailing list.

Document Quality

The document is rather self explanatory. It came out of Barry Leiba's 
IESG review of another document.

Personnel

Alexey Melnikov the Shepherd.
Sean Turner is the Responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

In the IANA Considerations, please change "RFC Required" to 
"Specification Required".

IANA Note

Please note that the registration policy is changing from "RFC Required" 
to "Specification Required".