Subject: RFC 7047 on The Open vSwitch Database Management Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:51:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7047

        Title:      The Open vSwitch Database Management Protocol 
        Author:     B. Pfaff, B. Davie, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 69446
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-pfaff-ovsdb-proto-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7047.txt

Open vSwitch is an open-source software switch designed to be used as
a vswitch (virtual switch) in virtualized server environments.  A
vswitch forwards traffic between different virtual machines (VMs) on
the same physical host and also forwards traffic between VMs and the
physical network.  Open vSwitch is open to programmatic extension and
control using OpenFlow and the OVSDB (Open vSwitch Database)
management protocol.  This document defines the OVSDB management
protocol.  The Open vSwitch project includes open-source OVSDB client
and server implementations.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC