Subject: Protocol Action: 'Characterization of Proposed Standards' to Best Current Practice (draft-kolkman-proposed-standards-clarified-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:48:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Characterization of Proposed Standards'
  (draft-kolkman-proposed-standards-clarified-06.txt) as Best Current
Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kolkman-proposed-standards-clarified/

Technical Summary

   RFC 2026 describes the review performed by the IESG on IETF Proposed
   Standard RFCs and states the maturity level of those documents.  This
   document clarifies those descriptions and updates RFC 2026 by
   providing a new characterization Proposed Standards.

Working Group Summary

   This document has been trigged by various experiences outside and inside the
   IETF about the perception of PS documents.

Document Quality

   The issue behind the document has been extensively discussion on list and at IETF-87;
   the document has received a number of reviews during its Last Call.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director and Document Shepherd is Jari Arkko.