Subject: RFC 7087 on A Thesaurus for the Interpretation of Terminology Used in MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Internet-Drafts and RFCs in the Context of the ITU-T's Transport Network Recommendations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:38:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7087

        Title:      A Thesaurus for the Interpretation 
                    of Terminology Used in MPLS Transport 
                    Profile (MPLS-TP) Internet-Drafts and RFCs 
                    in the Context of the ITU-T's Transport 
                    Network Recommendations 
        Author:     H. van Helvoort, Ed.,
                    L. Andersson, Ed.,
                    N. Sprecher, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 43925
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7087.txt

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is based on a profile of the 
MPLS and Pseudowire (PW) procedures as specified in the MPLS Traffic
Engineering (MPLS-TE), PW, and Multi-Segment Pseudowire (MS-PW) 
architectures developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force 
(IETF).  The International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) has specified a Transport Network 
architecture.

This document provides a thesaurus for the interpretation of MPLS-TP
terminology within the context of the ITU-T Transport Network
Recommendations.

It is important to note that MPLS-TP is applicable in a wider set of
contexts than just Transport Networks.  The definitions presented in
this document do not provide exclusive or complete interpretations
of MPLS-TP concepts.  This document simply allows the MPLS-TP terms to
be applied within the Transport Network context.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC