Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg-03.txt> (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Application Layer Protocol Negotiation Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:16:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Application Layer Protocol Negotiation
   Extension'
  <draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a Transport Layer Security (TLS) extension
   for application layer protocol negotiation within the TLS handshake.
   For instances in which the TLS connection is established over a well
   known TCP/IP port not associated with the desired application layer
   protocol, this extension allows the application layer to negotiate
   which protocol will be used within the TLS session.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.