Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-14.txt> (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Overload Control) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 12:24:54 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP Overload Control WG (soc) to
consider the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Overload Control'
  <draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-14.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Overload occurs in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks when
   SIP servers have insufficient resources to handle all SIP messages
   they receive.  Even though the SIP protocol provides a limited
   overload control mechanism through its 503 (Service Unavailable)
   response code, SIP servers are still vulnerable to overload.  This
   document defines the behaviour of SIP servers involved in overload
   control, and in addition, it specifies a loss-based overload scheme
   for SIP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-soc-overload-control/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-soc-overload-control/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1364/