Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis-02.txt> (TRILL: Adjacency) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:19:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Adjacency'
  <draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol supports arbitrary link technologies between TRILL switches
   including point-to-point links and multi-access LAN (Local Area
   Network) links that can have multiple TRILL switches and end stations
   attached. TRILL uses IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System) routing. This document specifies the establishment,
   reporting, and termination of IS-IS adjacency between TRILL switches,
   also known as RBridges. It also concerns four other link-local
   aspects of TRILL: Designated RBridge (DRB) selection, MTU (Maximum
   Transmission Unit) testing, pseudonode creation, and BFD (Bi-
   Directional Forwarding Detection) session bootstrapping in connection
   with adjacency. State diagrams are included where appropriate.  This
   document obsoletes RFC 6327 and updates RFC 6325.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.