Subject: RFC 7055 on A GSS-API Mechanism for the Extensible Authentication Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:47:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7055

        Title:      A GSS-API Mechanism for the 
                    Extensible Authentication Protocol 
        Author:     S. Hartman, Ed.,
                    J. Howlett
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 87564
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7055.txt

This document defines protocols, procedures, and conventions to be
employed by peers implementing the Generic Security Service
Application Program Interface (GSS-API) when using the Extensible
Authentication Protocol mechanism.  Through the GS2 family of
mechanisms defined in RFC 5801, these protocols also define how
Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) applications use the
Extensible Authentication Protocol.

This document is a product of the Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC