Subject: BCP 9, RFC 7100 on Retirement of the "Internet Official Protocol Standards" Summary Document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:22:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 9        
        RFC 7100

        Title:      Retirement of the "Internet Official 
                    Protocol Standards" Summary Document 
        Author:     P. Resnick
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5365
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5000
        Updates:    RFC 2026
        See Also:   BCP 9

        I-D Tag:    draft-resnick-retire-std1-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7100.txt

This document updates RFC 2026 to no longer use STD 1 as a summary of
"Internet Official Protocol Standards".  It obsoletes RFC 5000 and
requests the IESG to move RFC 5000 (and therefore STD 1) to Historic
status.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC