Subject: Protocol Action: 'Ethernet in the First Mile Copper (EFMCu) Interfaces MIB' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:30:49 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Ethernet in the First Mile Copper (EFMCu) Interfaces MIB'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 5066.  It amends that specification by
   informing the internet community about the transition of the EFM-CU-
   MIB module from the concluded IETF Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB
   Working Group to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics
   Engineers (IEEE) 802.3 working group. This document provides an updated
   security considerations section for IF-CAP-STACK-MIB

Working Group Summary

   The document was much simplified during the Working Group discussions, 
   and now contains only information about the transfer of the Ethernet 
   specific MIB module to the IEEE and describes the fact that the 
   IF-CAP-STACK-MIB remains under IETF control.

Document Quality

   The document does not define a new protocol, but provides information about 
   the future of the MIB modules defined in RFC 5066

Personnel

   Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. 
   Benoit Claise is the Responsible Area Director. 

RFC Editor Note

OLD:

   The current version of IEEE8023-EFM-CU-MIB, defined in IEEE Std
   802.3.1-2013, has MODULE-IDENTITY of ieee8023efmCuMIB with an object
   identifier allocated under the { org ieee standards-association-
   numbers-series-standards lan-man-stds ieee802dot3 ieee802dot3dot1mibs
   } sub-tree.

NEW:

   The current version of IEEE8023-EFM-CU-MIB, defined in IEEE Std
   802.3.1-2013, has MODULE-IDENTITY of ieee8023efmCuMIB with an object
   identifier allocated under the { iso(1) iso-identified-organization(3) 
   ieee(111) standards-association-numbered-series-standards(2) 
   lan-man-stds(802) ieee802dot3(3) ieee802dot3dot1mibs(1) } sub-tree.