Subject: RFC 7085 on Top-Level Domains That Are Already Dotless

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 17:59:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7085

        Title:      Top-Level Domains That Are Already 
                    Dotless 
        Author:     J. Levine, P. Hoffman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11369
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hoffine-already-dotless-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7085.txt

Recent statements from the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the
Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Security
and Stability Advisory Committee have focused on the problems that
the DNS is likely to experience with top-level domains (TLDs) that
contain address records (so-called "dotless domains").  In order to
help researchers determine the extent of the issues with dotless
domains, this document lists the current dotless TLDs and gives a
script for finding them.  This document lists data about dotless TLDs
but does not address the policy and technology issues other than to
point to the statements of others.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC