Subject: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:48:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack'
  <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF has consensus that pervasive monitoring is a technical
   attack that should be mitigated in the design of IETF protocols,
   where possible.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-perpass-attack/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-perpass-attack/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.