Subject: Document Action: 'A Group Text Chat Purpose for Conference and Service URIs in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State' to Informational RFC (draft-ivov-grouptextchat-purpose-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 07:05:25 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Group Text Chat Purpose for Conference and Service URIs in the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference
   State'
  (draft-ivov-grouptextchat-purpose-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-grouptextchat-purpose/

Technical Summary

This document defines and registers a value of "grouptextchat" (Group
Text Chat) value for the URI <purpose> element of SIP's Conference
Event Package (RFC4575).

Working Group Summary

This draft was discussed in the DISPATCH working group. The conclusion
of the discussions was that it was appropriate to AD sponsor it. It
raised no controversy. The document just registers a new value for the
“URI purposes” sub-registry of the “sip-parameters” registry.

Document Quality

There are no current implementations of this specification that the
document shepherd is aware of, but two different implementors (one
using RFC4575 with SIP and the other one with XMPP) showed interest in
it due to the increasing interest in SIP and XMPP interoperability.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Saúl Ibarra Corretgé.
The responsible area director is Gonzalo Camarillo.