Subject: RFC 7089 on HTTP Framework for Time-Based Access to Resource States -- Memento

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:22:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7089

        Title:      HTTP Framework for Time-Based Access 
                    to Resource States -- Memento 
        Author:     H. Van de Sompel,
                    M. Nelson,
                    R. Sanderson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 107130
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-vandesompel-memento-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7089.txt

The HTTP-based Memento framework bridges the present and past Web.  It
facilitates obtaining representations of prior states of a given
resource by introducing datetime negotiation and TimeMaps.  Datetime
negotiation is a variation on content negotiation that leverages the
given resource's URI and a user agent's preferred datetime.  TimeMaps
are lists that enumerate URIs of resources that encapsulate prior
states of the given resource.  The framework also facilitates
recognizing a resource that encapsulates a frozen prior state of
another resource.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC