Subject: Last Call: <draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1-03.txt> (PKCS #12: Personal Information Exchange Syntax v1.1) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:14:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'PKCS #12: Personal Information Exchange Syntax v1.1'
  <draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document represents a republication of PKCS #12 v1.1
   (Republication) From RSA Laboratories' Public Key Cryptography
   Standard (PKCS) series.  Change control is transferred to the IETF,
   and generally all rights in the copyright are hereby assigned from
   RSA to IETF, except that RSA reserves the internal right to continue
   publishing, with the right to modify, and distributing the
   Republication and its predecessors internally to RSA and its parent
   company EMC, including the right to make modifications to the
   Republication and its predecessors (the "RSA Internal Right").  For
   avoidance of doubt, RSA's Internal Right includes the right to post
   on its public website for use by other parties.  The body of this
   document, except for the security considerations section, is taken
   directly from the PKCS #12 v1.1 specification.  The list of
   references and the in-line cites have been updated or added where
   appropriate to cite the most current documents in addition to those
   current at the original publication of PKCS #12 v1.1.

   PKCS #12 v1.1 describes a transfer syntax for personal identity
   information, including private keys, certificates, miscellaneous
   secrets, and extensions.  Machines, applications, browsers, Internet
   kiosks, and so on, that support this standard will allow a user to
   import, export, and exercise a single set of personal identity
   information.  This standard supports direct transfer of personal
   information under several privacy and integrity modes.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.