Subject: Last Call: Progressing RFCs 5343, 5590, 5591, and 6353 to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:14:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make
the following status changes:

- RFC5343 from Draft Standard to Internet Standard
    (Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Context EngineID
Discovery)

- RFC5590 from Draft Standard to Internet Standard
    (Transport Subsystem for the Simple Network Management Protocol
(SNMP))

- RFC6353 from Draft Standard to Internet Standard
    (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP))

- RFC5591 from Draft Standard to Internet Standard
    (Transport Security Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol
(SNMP))

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-5343-5590-5591-6353-to-internet-standard/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5343/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5590/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6353/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5591/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-5343-5590-5591-6353-to-internet-standard/ballot/

The are no downrefs in RFCs 5343, 5590, and 5591. 

RFC 6353 includes the following down refs:

[RFC4347] Rescorla, E. and N. Modadugu, "Datagram Transport Layer
Security", RFC 4347, April 2006.

[RFC4366] Blake-Wilson, S., Nystrom, M., Hopwood, D., Mikkelsen,
J., and T. Wright, "Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions", RFC 4366,
April 2006.

[RFC5246] Dierks, T. and E. Rescorla, "The Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Protocol Version 1.2", RFC 5246, August 2008.

[RFC5280] Cooper, D., Santesson, S., Farrell, S., Boeyen, S., Housley, R.,
and W. Polk, "Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and
Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile", RFC 5280, May 2008.

[RFC5952] Kawamura, S. and M. Kawashima, "A Recommendation for
IPv6 Address Text Representation", RFC 5952, August 2010.