Subject: Last Call: <draft-crocker-id-adoption-05.txt> (Creating an IETF Working Group Draft) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 07:14:54 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Creating an IETF Working Group Draft'
  <draft-crocker-id-adoption-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The productive output of an IETF working group is documents, as
   mandated by the working group's charter.  When a working group is
   ready to develop a particular document, the most common mechanism is
   for it to "adopt" an existing document as a starting point.  The
   document that a working group adopts and then develops further is
   based on initial input at varying levels of maturity.  An initial
   working group draft might be a document already in wide use, or it
   might be a blank sheet, wholly created by the working group, or it
   might represent any level of maturity in between.  This document
   discusses how a working group typically handles the formal documents
   that it targets for publication.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-id-adoption/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-id-adoption/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.