Subject: Protocol Action: 'Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Package Receipt and Error Content Types' to Proposed Standard (draft-turner-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-algs-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:35:24 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Algorithms for Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Package Receipt
   and Error Content Types'
  (draft-turner-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-algs-04.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-algs/

Technical Summary

  This document describes the conventions for using several cryptographic
  algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) key package receipt
  and error content types.  This document is not the product of a working
  group but builds upon work produced by the KEYPROV and S/MIME working
  groups and is a Standards Track document.

Working Group Summary

  This is an individual submission.

Document Quality

  The documents were discussed on the S/MIME working group mailing list,
  owing to its use of CMS. Generally, there was not much discussion of the
  draft. There was nothing notable about the discussion, comments were minor.

Personnel

  The responsible Area Director is Stephen Farrell.
  The document shepherd is Carl Wallace.