Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Support in L2VPN' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-l2vpn-etree-reqt-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 05:46:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree)
   Support in L2VPN'
  (draft-ietf-l2vpn-etree-reqt-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-etree-reqt/

Technical Summary

  The draft describes L2VPN requirements for a Metro Ethernet Forum 
  services, known as the E-Tree services. An E-Tree services is 
  defined by a one or more roots and one or more leaves. Roots 
  can send traffic to other roots and leaves and received traffic from 
  other roots and leaves. Leaves can only receive traffic from roots 
  and send traffic to roots. E-Tree requirements are not satisfied by 
  existing L2VPN solution. 

Working Group Summary

  This document is an L2VPN Working Group document. It has gone 
  through a few iterations that addressed few comments received from 
  the Working group and comments received the WG chairs. The draft 
  was generalized from VPLS to L2VPN to allow for a potentially wider 
  solution set, namely including E-VPN. The draft also has a substantial 
  number of authors and contributors from the Working Group.  The draft 
  had good support when it was adopted as a WG draft. However when 
  the draft was last called, no feedback was received, maybe due to the 
  nature of the draft and the fact that there are several authors and 
  contributors to the draft already from the WG. Upon last review by 
  the WG chairs of the draft and feedback to the authors, the authors 
  updated the draft addressing the chairs' comments, mainly modifying 
  the author list and moving some to contributors, performing few edits, 
  and removing the appendix on use cases as it did not include 
  requirements. The use cases are part of another framework draft. 

Document Quality

   The document has good quality. It is clear on the technical content 
    and written with good English and layout. There may be an edit 
    or so needed that may be taken up during the RFC edits.

Personnel

   Nabil Bitar ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd. 
   Stewart Bryant ([email-masked] is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note
OLD
Appendix A. Frequently Asked Questions
NEW
Appendix A. A Frequently Asked Question
END

Please remove section 8

The following seem not to have been expanded on first use:

L2VPN - Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN)
E-VPN - Ethernet VPN
PW - pseudowire 
CE - Customer Edge (CE)
VPMS - Virtual Private Multicast Service
P2MP - Point-to-Multipoint