Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-registry-acronyms-03.txt> (Adding acronyms to simplify DANE conversations) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 06:31:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DNS-based Authentication of
Named Entities WG (dane) to consider the following document:
- 'Adding acronyms to simplify DANE conversations'
  <draft-ietf-dane-registry-acronyms-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Experience has show that people get confused using the three numeric
   fields the TLSA record.  This document specifies descriptive acronyms
   for the three numeric fields in the TLSA records.  This document
   updates the format of the IANA registry created by RFC6698.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-registry-acronyms/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-registry-acronyms/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.