Subject: Protocol Action: 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Package Receipt and Error Content Types' to Proposed Standard (draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:32:27 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Package Receipt and Error
   Content Types'
  (draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-07.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error/

Technical Summary

   This document defines the syntax for two Cryptographic Message Syntax
   (CMS) content types, one for key package receipts, and another for
   key package errors.  The key package receipt content type is used to
   confirm receipt of an identified key package or collection of key
   packages.  The key package error content type is used to indicate an
   error occurred during the processing of a key package.  CMS can be
   used to digitally sign, digest, authenticate, or encrypt these
   content types.

Working Group Summary

  The document was discussed on the S/MIME working group mailing list, owing
  to its use of CMS.  Generally, there was not much discussion of the draft.
  There was nothing notable about the discussion, comments were minor.

Document Quality

  This AD doesn't know if there are implementations or not, but I
  suspect there are. Russ/Sean probably do know.

Personnel

  The responsible AD is Stephen Farrell
  The document shepherd is Carl Wallace.