Subject: BCP 9, RFC 7127 on Characterization of Proposed Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:31:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 9        
        RFC 7127

        Title:      Characterization of Proposed Standards 
        Author:     O. Kolkman, S. Bradner,
                    S. Turner
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9902
        Updates:    RFC 2026
        See Also:   BCP 9

        I-D Tag:    draft-kolkman-proposed-standards-clarified-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7127.txt

RFC 2026 describes the review performed by the Internet Engineering
Steering Group (IESG) on IETF Proposed Standard RFCs and
characterizes the maturity level of those documents.  This document
updates RFC 2026 by providing a current and more accurate
characterization of Proposed Standards.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC