Subject: Document Action: 'Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:31:43 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and Encryption
   (JOSE)'
  (draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Javascript Object Signing and
Encryption Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-use-cases/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a set of use cases and requirements
   for a secure object format encoded using JavaScript Object Notation
   (JSON), drawn from a variety of application security mechanisms
   currently in development.

Working Group Summary

   The document represents the consuses of the working group.
   The document was not controversial during the working group
   discussions.

Document Quality

  The document has not had a large amount of review outside of
  the JOSE working group.  As such it is possible that the group
  has missed or mis-represented the set of use cases that the
  JOSE working group needs to address when generating the
  specifications in the group.  The OAUTH working group views
  are well presented, but it does not have sufficient apps area review.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd is Jim Schaad
   Area Director is Sean Turner