Subject: Protocol Action: 'VCCV MPLS-TP Connectivity Verification (CV) Capability Advertisement' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-cv-adv-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:59:40 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'VCCV MPLS-TP Connectivity Verification (CV) Capability Advertisement'
  (draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-cv-adv-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-cv-adv/

Technical Summary

This document specifies how signaling and selection processes for
Pseudowire (PW) Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) are
modified to ensure backward compatibility and allow use of proactive
Connectivity Verification (CV), Continuity Check (CC), and Remote
Defect Indication (RDI) over MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) PWs.
This document introduces four new CV types and, to accommodate them,
a new VCCV Extended CV parameter for PW Interface Parameters Sub-TLV
is defined.

Working Group Summary

This was a straightforward document as far as the WG was concern. 
The majority of discussion of the draft occurred while it was an 
individual draft, when it went though several round of comments and 
revisions before being adopted as a WG draft.

Document Quality

There are no known implementations of the draft at this time. At least 
one vendor has it under consideration for implementation.

Personnel

Andy Malis is the Document Shepherd.
Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director.

IANA Note

The sponsoring AD is one of the registry designated experts
and supports the requested IANA allocation.