Subject: RFC 7095 on jCard: The JSON Format for vCard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:17:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7095

        Title:      jCard: The JSON Format for vCard 
        Author:     P. Kewisch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 59088
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7095.txt

This specification defines "jCard", a JSON format for vCard data.
The vCard data format is a text format for representing and
exchanging information about individuals and other entities, for
example, telephone numbers, email addresses, structured names, and
delivery addresses.  JSON is a lightweight, text-based, language-
independent data interchange format commonly used in Internet
applications.

This document is a product of the JSON data formats for vCard and iCalendar Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC