Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries-03.txt> (Moving Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) IANA Registries to a New Registry) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 07:16:05 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Moving Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) IANA Registries to a New
   Registry'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 5586 generalized the applicability of the pseudowire Associated
   Channel Header (PW-ACH) into the Generic Associated Channel G-ACh.
   However, registries and allocations of G-ACh parameters had been
   distributed throughout different, sometimes unrelated, registries.
   This document coalesces these into a new "Generic Associated Channel
   (G-ACh) Parameters" registry under the "Multiprotocol Label Switching
   Architecture (MPLS)" heading.  This document updates RFC 5586.

   This document also updates RFC 6374, RFC 6428, RFC 6378, RFC 6427,
   RFC-ietf-mpls-gach-adv, and RFC-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.