Subject: Document Action: 'Operations Model for Router Keying' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-karp-ops-model-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 06:53:22 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Operations Model for Router Keying'
  (draft-ietf-karp-ops-model-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Keying and Authentication for Routing
Protocols Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-ops-model/

Technical Summary

   The IETF is engaged in an effort to analyze security of routing
   protocol authentication according to design guidelines discussed in
   RFC 6518.  Developing an operational and management model for routing
   protocol security that works with all the routing protocols will be
   critical to the deployability of these efforts.  This document gives
   recommendations to operators and implementors regarding management
   and operation of router authentication.  These recommendations will
   also assist protocol designers in understanding management issues
   they will face.

Working Group Summary

  The need for this document is clearly indicated in order to meet the
  KARP charter. There has been little controversy.

Document Quality

  This document has had the benefit of review from many members of the
  Security Area as well as the Routing Area. This document received
  substantial review from individuals participating in the KARP WG, and
  there is a clear consensus to progress it. . The WGLC was also
  advertised to the OPSEC WG, and at least one key review was made by a
  member of that group. Since the document discusses operational
  security, this was critical in confirming the quality of the document.

Personnel
  Brian Weis is the Document Shepherd. 
  Stewart Bryant is the Responsible  Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

 == Outdated reference: draft-ietf-karp-design-guide has been published as
     RFC 6518 - please change

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-02) exists of
     draft-liu-ospfv3-automated-keying-req-01 - please change to latest

  -- Obsolete informational reference (is this intentional?): RFC 2385
     (Obsoleted by RFC 5925) - this was intended