Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-abfab-arch-10.txt> (Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond Web (ABFAB) Architecture) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 07:13:54 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Application Bridging for
Federated Access Beyond web WG (abfab) to consider the following
document:
- 'Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond Web (ABFAB)
   Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-abfab-arch-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Over the last decade a substantial amount of work has occurred in the
   space of federated access management.  Most of this effort has
   focused on two use cases: network access and web-based access.
   However, the solutions to these use cases that have been proposed and
   deployed tend to have few common building blocks in common.

   This memo describes an architecture that makes use of extensions to
   the commonly used security mechanisms for both federated and non-
   federated access management, including the Remote Authentication Dial
   In User Service (RADIUS) the Generic Security Service (GSS), the
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and the Security Assertion
   Markup Language (SAML).  The architecture addresses the problem of
   federated access management to primarily non-web-based services, in a
   manner that will scale to large numbers of identity providers,
   relying parties, and federations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-arch/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-arch/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.