Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDP Extensions for Hub & Spoke Multipoint Label Switched Path' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 09:31:23 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LDP Extensions for Hub & Spoke Multipoint Label Switched Path'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp/

Technical Summary

   This draft introduces a hub & spoke multipoint (HSMP) Label Switched
   Path (LSP), which allows traffic both from root to leaf through
   point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSP and also leaf to root along the
   reverse path.  That means traffic entering the HSMP LSP from
   application/customer at the root node travels downstream to each leaf
   node, exactly as if it is travelling downstream along a P2MP LSP to
   each leaf node.  Upstream traffic entering the HSMP LSP at any leaf
   node travels upstream along the tree to the root, as if it is unicast
   to the root.  The communication among the leaf nodes are not allowed.

Working Group Summary

   There were nothing remarkable in the WG process, All decision were
   taken after converged discussions.

Document Quality

   The working group chairs has sent an implementation poll to the
   working group mailing list. For the time being we are aware of
   implementations and intentions to implement.

   The document has been reviewed in the normal WG process
   including review from the MPLS Review Team and from the AD.
   All comments have been fairly easily resolved.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Loa Andersson
   Responsible AD: Adrian Farrel