Subject: RFC 7110 on Return Path Specified Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:36:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7110

        Title:      Return Path Specified Label Switched 
                    Path (LSP) Ping 
        Author:     M. Chen, W. Cao,
                    S. Ning, F. Jounay,
                    S. Delord
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 44625
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7110.txt

This document defines extensions to the data-plane failure-detection
protocol for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched
Paths (LSPs) known as "LSP ping".  These extensions allow a selection
of the LSP to be used for the echo reply return path.  Enforcing a
specific return path can be used to verify bidirectional connectivity
and also increase LSP ping robustness.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC