Subject: Document Action: 'A Framework for Point-to-Multipoint MPLS in Transport Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:50:07 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Framework for Point-to-Multipoint MPLS in Transport Networks'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework/

Technical Summary

      MPLS-TP is the common set of MPLS protocol functions defined 
      to enable establishment and operation of packet transport networks 
      transport LSPs.

      MPLS-TP supports both point-to-point and point-to-multipoint transport 
      paths (LSPs).  This document defines the elements and functions of 
      the MPLS architecture applicable specifically to the support point-to-
      multipoint transport paths.

Working Group Summary

      No concerns.

Document Quality

      This document is an Informational framework, and as such we will see
      no direct implementations of the document, though we are aware of
      intentions to implement protocols for establishing P2MP MPLS-TP LSPs.

Personnel

      Loa Andersson is the Document Shepherd.
      Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director.