Subject: Protocol Action: 'Supporting Authentication Trailer for OSPFv3' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:00:30 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Supporting Authentication Trailer for OSPFv3'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis/

Technical Summary

   This document is an update to RFC 6506. Primary motivation to refresh the
   RFC was some Errata's raised which pointed towards ambiguities in text. This
   update provides clear recommendations to ensure interoperability between
   multiple implementations.

Working Group Summary

   There was some good discussion among Errata authors and document authors to
   come to consensus on exact text being added for the needed clarification.
   Also a review was done with Ran Atkinson and Sean Turner for some text
   change around Cryptographic Authentication Procedure.

Document Quality

   The incremental update to RFC6506 are minimal and are primarily to clarify
   some text to ensure interoperability. 

Personnel

   Abhay Roy is the document shepherd.
  Stewart Bryant is the responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

Please move RFC6506 to the informative reference section.