Subject: Protocol Action: 'Database of Long-Lived Symmetric Cryptographic Keys' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 04:39:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Database of Long-Lived Symmetric Cryptographic Keys'
  (draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Keying and Authentication for Routing
Protocols Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the information contained in 
a conceptual database of long-lived cryptographic keys 
used by many different security protocols.  The database 
is designed to support both manual and automated key 
management.

Working Group Summary

The need for this document is clearly indicated in order 
to meet the KARP charter. There was little controversy of 
note.  

Document Quality

This document received substantial review from individuals 
participating in both the Security and Routing Areas, and it 
is expected to easily meet the requirements of routing protocols. 
Several routing protocol specifications have already begun 
to define the format of keys in harmony with this I-D.

Personnel

Brian Weis is the Document Shepherd. 
The Responsible Area Director is Stewart Bryant.

RFC Editor Note

In Section 8.2, in a new paragraph before the table of registry entries:

The initial contents of this registry and that in 8.3 are chosen based
on the algorithms defined for TCP-AO [RFC 5926]

In Section 8.3, in a new paragraph before the table of registry entries:

The initial contents of this registry and that in 8.2 are chosen based
on the algorithms defined for TCP-AO [RFC 5926]