Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions-14.txt> (Multicast Control Extensions for ANCP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 09:29:51 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Access Node Control Protocol WG
(ancp) to consider the following document:
- 'Multicast Control Extensions for ANCP'
  <draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the extensions to the Access Node Control
   Protocol required for support of the multicast use cases defined in
   the Access Node Control Protocol framework document and one
   additional use case described in this document.  These use cases are
   organized into the following ANCP capabilities:

   o  NAS-initiated multicast replication;

   o  conditional access with white and black lists;

   o  conditional access with grey lists;

   o  bandwidth delegation;

   o  committed bandwidth reporting.

   These capabilities may be combined according to the rules given in
   this specification.

   This document updates RFC 6320 by assigning capability type 3 to a
   capability specified in this document and by changing the starting
   point for IANA allocation of result codes determined by IETF
   Consensus from 0x100 to 0x64.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ancp-mc-extensions/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1426/