Subject: RFC 6940 on REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) Base Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 22:04:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6940

        Title:      REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) 
                    Base Protocol 
        Author:     C. Jennings,
                    B. Lowekamp, Ed., 
                    E. Rescorla,
                    S. Baset, 
                    H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      176
        Characters: 403862
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-p2psip-base-26.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6940.txt

This specification defines REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD),
a peer-to-peer (P2P) signaling protocol for use on the Internet.  A
P2P signaling protocol provides its clients with an abstract storage
and messaging service between a set of cooperating peers that form
the overlay network.  RELOAD is designed to support a P2P Session
Initiation Protocol (P2PSIP) network, but can be utilized by other
applications with similar requirements by defining new usages that
specify the Kinds of data that need to be stored for a particular
application.  RELOAD defines a security model based on a certificate
enrollment service that provides unique identities.  NAT traversal is
a fundamental service of the protocol.  RELOAD also allows access
from "client" nodes that do not need to route traffic or store data
for others.

This document is a product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC