Subject: BCP 100, RFC 7120 on Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Code Points

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:36:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 100        
        RFC 7120

        Title:      Early IANA Allocation of Standards 
                    Track Code Points 
        Author:     M. Cotton
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17722
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4020
        See Also:   BCP 100

        I-D Tag:    draft-cotton-rfc4020bis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7120.txt

This memo describes the process for early allocation of code points
by IANA from registries for which "Specification Required", "RFC
Required", "IETF Review", or "Standards Action" policies apply.  This
process can be used to alleviate the problem where code point
allocation is needed to facilitate desired or required implementation
and deployment experience prior to publication of an RFC, which would
normally trigger code point allocation.  The procedures in this
document are intended to apply only to IETF Stream documents.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC