Subject: RFC 7114 on Creation of a Registry for smime-type Parameter Values

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:50:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7114

        Title:      Creation of a Registry for 
                    smime-type Parameter Values 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7176
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-smime-type-registry-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7114.txt

Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) defined the
Content-Type parameter "smime-type".  As the list of defined values
for that parameter has increased, it has become clear that a registry
is needed to document these values.  This document creates the
registry, registers the current values, and specifies the policies
for registration of new values.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC