Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) for Bytes Discarded Metric' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-bytes-discarded-metric-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:56:34 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) for Bytes Discarded
   Metric'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-bytes-discarded-metric-02.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-bytes-discarded-metric/

Technical Summary

This draft defines a new block type to augment those defined in
[RFC3611] for use in a range of RTP applications. The new block type
supports the report computing the bytes discarded from the
de-jitter buffer after successful reception.

Working Group Summary

There were several points of debate within the working group; however,
none were particularly rough and authors and commentators came up
with the text that resolves any issues thus consensus was achieved in
all cases.

Document Quality

This document has been reviewed by numerous people within
XRBLOCK through three rounds of WGLCs (Including
two that took place when it was part of RFC7097) the document
resolved any outstanding issues.

The document has been reviewed by SDP directorate post WGLC
for SDP extensions defined, any issues raised were resolved.

The document has been reviewed by PM-DIR and the existence
of this document addresses the issue raised (separating this document
from RFC7097).

Personnel

Shida Schubert is the Document Shepherd.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the Responsible Area Director.