Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-13.txt> (Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 06:52:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Distributed Mobility Management
WG (dmm) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management'
  <draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the requirements for Distributed Mobility
   Management (DMM) at the network layer.  The hierarchical structure in
   traditional wireless networks has led primarily to centralized
   deployment models.  As some wireless networks are evolving away from
   the hierarchical structure, a distributed model for mobility
   management can be useful to them.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-requirements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.