Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-05.txt> (Handling Unknown DHCPv6 Messages) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:30:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Handling Unknown DHCPv6 Messages'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DHCPv6 is not specific about handling messages with unknown types.
   This memo describes the problems and defines how a DHCPv6 server,
   client or relay agent should behave when receiving unknown DHCPv6
   messages.  This document also provides advice for authors of future
   documents defining new messages sent from DHCP servers to DHCP relay
   agents, and should be read by potential authors of such documents.
   This document updates RFC3315.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.