Subject: RFC 7123 on Security Implications of IPv6 on IPv4 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 20:25:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7123

        Title:      Security Implications of IPv6 on 
                    IPv4 Networks 
        Author:     F. Gont, W. Liu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42374
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-implications-on-ipv4-nets-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7123.txt

This document discusses the security implications of native IPv6
support and IPv6 transition/coexistence technologies on "IPv4-only"
networks and describes possible mitigations for the aforementioned
issues.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC