Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for MOS Metric Reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 04:12:46 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for MOS Metric
   Reporting'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe/

Technical Summary

This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report
(XR) Block including two new segment types and associated SDP
parameters that allow the reporting of MOS Metrics for use in a range
of RTP applications.

Working Group Summary

The WG reviewed carefully the document several times and there is
good support behind it.

Document Quality

Two vendors indicated that they have similar functionality in their
code and intentions to implement the standard block when approved.
There was one important change to notice which resulted from the SDP
Expert Review which led to the change of the title of the document from
QoE to MOS Metric reporting, which defines better the scope of the document.

Personnel

Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. Gonzalo Camarillo is the Responsible
Area Director.