Subject: Document Action: 'The application/cms media type' to Informational RFC (draft-turner-application-cms-media-type-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:34:36 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The application/cms media type'
  (draft-turner-application-cms-media-type-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-application-cms-media-type/

Technical Summary

   This document registers the application/cms media types for use with
   the corresponding CMS (Cryptographic Message Syntax) content types.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an independent submission and not part of any WG. 

Document Quality

  The draft was brought to the attention of the AppsAWG list, but got 
  no response. It was also discussed on the [email-masked] lisit. 
  It didn't get any more notice in IETF Last Call, but is a boring media 
  type request.

Personnel

  Paul Hoffman is the document shepherd.
  Stephen Farrell is the responsible area director.