Subject: Document Action: 'An Architecture for Media Recording using the Session Initiation Protocol' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:41:22 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An Architecture for Media Recording using the Session Initiation
   Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-12.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the SIP Recording Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-architecture/

Technical Summary:

Session recording is a critical requirement in many communications 
environments such as call centers and financial trading.  In some of    
these environments, all calls must be recorded for regulatory, 
compliance, and consumer protection reasons.  Recording of a session is 
typically performed by sending a copy of a media stream to a recording 
device.  This document describes architectures for deploying session 
recording solutions in an environment which is based on the Session 
Initiation Protocol (SIP). 

Working Group Summary:

This document has served as the introduction to the work group’s effort 
since it was started, and we have been encouraged that new participants 
have been able to use earlier drafts to come up to speed quickly.   We 
maintained an issue tracker for the document and there are no open 
issues.  

Document Quality:

Most of the “regulars” in the group have done thorough reviews, and 
resolving their comments has been handled expeditiously with very little 
disagreement once we all understood each other’s point of view.  As 
stated above, the document is current with the protocol. 

We have had an early AD review, which did not have many substantive 
comments and all issues raised have been resolved.

WGLC resulted in minor edits although we did not get a lot of comments.  
We believe all of the active WG participants are very familiar with this 
document and are quite comfortable with publishing it.

Personnel:

Brian Rosen is the Document Shepherd. 
Gonzalo Camarillo is the Responsible Area Director.