Subject: Document Action: 'LISP Network Element Deployment Considerations' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-lisp-deployment-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:13:16 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LISP Network Element Deployment Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-lisp-deployment-12.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-deployment/

Technical Summary:

LISP is a protocol which can be used for different purposes. This draft describes
how to deploy its associated network elements, in order to identify possible
deployment scenarios and the additional requirements they may impose on the
protocol specification and other protocols. This document is intended as a guide for
the operational community for LISP deployments in their networks and is expected
to evolve as LISP deployment progresses, and the described scenarios are better
understood or new scenarios are discovered. 

Working Group Summary:

There was no controversy nor any contentious issues during the WG process. The
consensus was not rough and the draft came out as the result of a collective effort.

Document Quality:

There are multiple implementations of the protocol that am aware of. To my
knowledge, at least one vendor has implemented the specification. The draft has
received a fair amount of reviews and discussions without triggering any major
change(s) in the document nor substantive issue(s). 

Personnel:

- Document Shepherd: Wassim Haddad ([email-masked])
- Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman (INTERNET Area Director)