Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-02.txt> (Label Advertisement Discipline for LDP FECs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 06:26:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Label Advertisement Discipline for LDP FECs'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-02.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

  The label advertising behavior of an LDP speaker for a given FEC is
  governed by the FEC type and not necessarily by the LDP session's
  negotiated label advertisement mode. This document updates RFC 5036
  to make that fact clear, as well as updates RFC 3212, RFC 4447,
  RFC 5918, and RFC 6388 by specifying the label advertisement mode
  for all currently defined FECs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.