Subject: RFC 7121 on High Availability within a Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Network Element

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:56:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7121

        Title:      High Availability within a Forwarding 
                    and Control Element Separation (ForCES)
                    Network Element 
        Author:     K. Ogawa, W. Wang,
                    E. Haleplidis, J. Hadi Salim
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 62599
        Updates:    RFC 5810

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-ceha-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7121.txt

This document discusses Control Element (CE) High Availability (HA)
within a Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Network
Element (NE).  Additionally, this document updates RFC 5810 by
providing new normative text for the Cold Standby High Availability
mechanism.

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC