Subject: Document Action: 'Object Identifiers for Test Certificate Policies' to Informational RFC (draft-housley-pkix-test-oids-00.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 03:51:50 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Object Identifiers for Test Certificate Policies'
  (draft-housley-pkix-test-oids-00.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-pkix-test-oids/

Technical Summary

  This document provides several certificate policy identifiers for
  testing certificate handling software.

Working Group Summary

  This document is related to RFC 5280 which was produced by the
  PKIX WG.  That WG is closed, but the mail list remains open.  The
  mail list was asked to comment on the document.  Only supportive
  responses were received.

Document Quality

  Expert review was needed to assign the constants.  That has already
  taken place, and the constants have already been assigned.

Personnel

  Russ Housley is document author and shepherd.
  Sean Turner is the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

OLD:

The actual
polices used for production certificates has a significant
impact on the confidence that one can place in the certificate

NEW:

The actual
policies used for production certificates can have a significant
impact on the confidence that one can place in the certificate