Subject: RFC 7109 on Flow Bindings Initiated by Home Agents for Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:16:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7109

        Title:      Flow Bindings Initiated by Home 
                    Agents for Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     H. Yokota, D. Kim,
                    B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40637
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-yokota-mext-ha-init-flow-binding-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7109.txt

There are scenarios in which the home agent needs to trigger flow
binding operations towards the mobile node, such as moving a flow
from one access network to another based on network resource
availability.  In order for the home agent to be able to initiate
interactions for flow bindings with the mobile node, this document
defines new signaling messages and sub-options for Mobile IPv6.  Flow
bindings initiated by a home agent are supported for mobile nodes
enabled by both IPv4 and IPv6.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC