Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-19.txt> (TCP Extensions for High Performance) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 08:23:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor
Extensions WG (tcpm) to consider the following document:
- 'TCP Extensions for High Performance'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-19.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a set of TCP extensions to improve
   performance over paths with a large bandwidth * delay product and to
   provide reliable operation over very high-speed paths.  It defines
   the TCP Window Scale (WS) option and the TCP Timestamps (TS) option
   and their semantics.  The Window Scale option is used to support
   larger receive windows, while the Timestamps option can be used for
   at least two distinct mechanisms, PAWS (Protection Against Wrapped
   Sequences) and RTTM (Round Trip Time Measurement), that are also
   described herein.

   This document obsoletes RFC1323 and describes changes from it.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.