Subject: Protocol Action: Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:40:22 -0800

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP)
  (rfc6353) to Internet Standard

This protocol action is documented at:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-5343-5590-5591-6353-to-internet-standard/

A URL of the affected document is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6353/

Status Change Details:

RFCs 5343, 5590, 5591, 6353 and currently have an IETF standards
status of Draft Standard, which is now an obsolete status.  This
note requests reclassifying them to Internet Standard.

   (1) There are at least two independent interoperating implementations
       with widespread deployment and successful operational experience.

Based on the IR (Interoperability Report)
(http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation/report-rfc5343-5590-5591-5953.txt)
there are at least two independent interoperating implementations with
widespread and successful operation experience.

   (2) There are no errata against the specification that would cause a
       new implementation to fail to interoperate with deployed ones.

There are no errata against RFC 5343, RFC 5590, RFC 5591, and
RFC 6353.

   (3) There are no unused features in the specification that greatly
       increase implementation complexity.

We believe there are no unused features in the specification that
greatly increase implementation complexity.

   (4) If the technology required to implement the specification
       requires patented or otherwise controlled technology, then the
       set of implementations must demonstrate at least two independent,
       separate and successful uses of the licensing process.

The criteria is N/A.

Personnel 

   Sean Turner is the responsible Area Director.