Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location-08.txt> (Trustworthy Location) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:38:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Emergency Context Resolution
with Internet Technologies WG (ecrit) to consider the following document:
- 'Trustworthy Location'
  <draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   For some location-based applications, such as emergency calling or
   roadside assistance, the trustworthiness of location information is
   critically important.

   This document describes how to convey location in a manner that is
   inherently secure and reliable.  It also provides guidelines for
   assessing the trustworthiness of location information.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2181/