Subject: Protocol Action: 'Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 Options' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:02:56 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 Options'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-17.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines/

Technical Summary: 

This document provides guidance to prospective DHCPv6 developers to
help them create new options that are easily adoptable by existing
DHCPv6 software. 

Working Group Summary: 

This document has been in development in the DHC working group for a
long time. It started out targetted for DHCPv4 but was reworked for
DHCPv6 as the working group expects more options to be defined for
DHCPv6 going fowrard. There has been solid support for this work.

Document Quality: 

The document has had extensive review and input by the working group
and "DHCP experts".

Personnel: 

Bernie Volz is the document shepherd. Ted Lemon is the responsible AD.