Subject: RFC 7130 on Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) on Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:49:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7130

        Title:      Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) on 
                    Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces 
        Author:     M. Bhatia, Ed.,
                    M. Chen, Ed.,
                    S. Boutros, Ed.,
                    M. Binderberger, Ed.,
                    J. Haas, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21291
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfd-on-lags-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7130.txt

This document defines a mechanism to run Bidirectional Forwarding
Detection (BFD) on Link Aggregation Group (LAG) interfaces.  It does
so by running an independent Asynchronous mode BFD session on every
LAG member link.

This mechanism allows the verification of member link continuity,
either in combination with, or in absence of, Link Aggregation
Control Protocol (LACP).  It provides a shorter detection time than
what LACP offers.  The continuity check can also cover elements of
Layer 3 (L3) bidirectional forwarding.

This document is a product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC