Subject: IPR Tool SOW for Community Input

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 12:34:41 -0800

Based upon community and IESG requests, the IAOC intends to seek bids on a revision to the IPR Tool 
and desires community input on a  draft IPR Tool Statement of Work.  The SOW is located here:  
<http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html>.

The community comment period ends 17 February 2014.  The IAOC will consider all comments received 
during this period.

The IETF desires to improve the IPR component of the datatracker to remove or better isolate artifacts 
from earlier implementations, allow submitters to update more than one disclosure at a time, and better 
support the IETF Secretariat’s administrative actions.

Deliverables include:
1	Provide existing functionality using revised models (except where the functionality is being 
	changed by the remaining deliverables)
2	Migrate existing data to new models
3	Provide full admin interface support for the new models, with reasonable configurations for 
	list_display, search_field, ordering, etc.
4	Improve the Secretariat’s navigation between IPR document views/search results and the 
	administrative pages to edit IPR documents.
5	Add the ability for a disclosure submission to indicate it is updating more than one existing 
	disclosure.
6	Improve the Secretariat’s management interface for the waiting for approval queue, including 
	adding the ability to park disclosures that are waiting for approval.
7	Add a Secretariat management interface for rejected and removed disclosures. 
8	Implement simplified forms for Secretariat updates to a disclosure. 
9	Add the ability to manage email communication necessary for processing a submission. 

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may be used in the 
development of the SOW.

Thanks for your continuing advice and support.

Ray Pelletier 
IETF Administrative Director