Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using Raw Public Keys in Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 08:41:40 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using Raw Public Keys in Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram
   Transport Layer Security (DTLS)'
  (draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Layer Security Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a new certificate type and two TLS extensions
   for exchanging raw public keys in Transport Layer Security (TLS) and
   Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) for use with out-of-band
   public key validation

Working Group Summary

   In general the consensus around the document is strong.  The main area
   of contention was in the reuse of the certificate type registry.  This has
   been satisfactorily resolved. 

Document Quality

   There are a number of implementations of the protocol in
   progress.  This document has had review by members of
   the DANE working group and the LWIG working group.

Personnel

   Joseph Salowey is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the Responsible Area Director.