Subject: Last Call: <draft-mahalingam-dutt-dcops-vxlan-08.txt> (VXLAN: A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 Networks) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 06:29:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'VXLAN: A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over
   Layer 3 Networks'
  <draft-mahalingam-dutt-dcops-vxlan-08.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-03-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

  This document describes Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network
  (VXLAN), which is used to address the need for overlay networks
  within virtualized data centers accommodating multiple tenants. The
  scheme and the related protocols can be used in cloud service
  provider and enterprise data center networks. This memo documents the
  deployed VXLAN protocol for the benefit of the IETF community. The
  IETF consensus on this RFC represents consensus to publish this memo,
  and not consensus on the text itself.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mahalingam-dutt-dcops-vxlan/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mahalingam-dutt-dcops-vxlan/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.