Subject: Protocol Action: 'Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack' to Best Current Practice (draft-farrell-perpass-attack-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 06:03:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack'
  (draft-farrell-perpass-attack-06.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-perpass-attack/

Technical Summary

   Pervasive monitoring is a technical attack that should be mitigated
   in the design of IETF protocols, where possible.

Working Group Summary

   Out of the many discussions around this document, the BCP vs. Inf issue has received
   most attention.

Document Quality

   The document has received at least extensive review.

Personnel

   Sean Turner is the document shepherd, Jari Arkko is the responsible AD.