Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-esadi-06.txt> (TRILL: ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 09:15:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-trill-esadi-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   link technologies.  TRILL supports multi-pathing of both unicast and
   multicast traffic.  Devices that implement the TRILL protocol are
   called TRILL Switches or RBridges (Routing Bridges).

   ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) is an optional
   protocol by which a TRILL switch can communicate, in a Data Label
   (VLAN or Fine Grained Label) scoped way, end station addresses and
   other information to TRILL switches participating in ESADI for the
   relevant Data Label.  This document updates RFC 6325, specifically
   the documentation of the ESADI protocol, and is not backwards
   compatible.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-esadi/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-esadi/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2064/