Subject: Protocol Action: 'Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol for L2VPN PE Redundancy' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:10:13 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol for L2VPN PE Redundancy'
  (draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies an inter-chassis communication protocol
   (ICCP) that enables Provider Edge (PE) device redundancy for Virtual
   Private Wire Service (VPWS) and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
   applications. The protocol runs within a set of two or more PEs,
   forming a redundancy group, for the purpose of synchronizing data
   amongst the systems. It accommodates multi-chassis attachment circuit
   as well as pseudowire redundancy mechanisms.

Working Group Summary

   There was good consensus on the document, with one exception 
   that is discussed in the section on IPR. That one exception was 
   the only thing really worth noting in the process..

Document Quality

   There is at least one shipping implementation "deployed in 
   multiple customer networks".

Personnel

  Andy Malis is the Document Shepherd.
  Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.