Subject: RFC 7139 on GMPLS Signaling Extensions for Control of Evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:45:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7139

        Title:      GMPLS Signaling Extensions for Control 
                    of Evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks 
        Author:     F. Zhang, Ed.,
                    G. Zhang, S. Belotti,
                    D. Ceccarelli, K. Pithewan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 58382
        Updates:    RFC 4328

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7139.txt

ITU-T Recommendation G.709 [G709-2012] introduced new Optical
channel Data Unit (ODU) containers (ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e, and ODUflex)
and enhanced Optical Transport Network (OTN) flexibility.

This document updates the ODU-related portions of RFC 4328 to provide
extensions to GMPLS signaling to control the full set of OTN features,
including ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e, and ODUflex.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC