Subject: RFC 7151 on File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:45:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7151

        Title:      File Transfer Protocol HOST Command 
                    for Virtual Hosts 
        Author:     P. Hethmon, R. McMurray
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54330
        Updates:    RFC 959

        I-D Tag:    draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftpext-ftp-hosts-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7151.txt

The File Transfer Protocol, as defined in RFC 959, does not provide a
way for FTP clients and servers to differentiate between multiple DNS
names that are registered for a single IP address.  This document
defines a new FTP command that provides a mechanism for FTP clients
and servers to identify individual virtual hosts on an FTP server.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC