Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-framework-10.txt> (Framework for CDN Interconnection) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:33:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document:
- 'Framework for CDN Interconnection'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-framework-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-03-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.L

This is a three-week IETF Last Call because it's starting during IETF week.
We want to give people a chance to read it and talk about issues this 
week, while still giving two full weeks for people to review while not 
at an IETF meeting.

Abstract

   This document presents a framework for Content Distribution Network
   Interconnection (CDNI).  The purpose of the framework is to provide
   an overall picture of the problem space of CDNI and to describe the
   relationships among the various components necessary to interconnect
   CDNs.  CDN Interconnection requires the specification of interfaces
   and mechanisms to address issues such as request routing,
   distribution metadata exchange, and logging information exchange
   across CDNs.  The intent of this document is to outline what each
   interface needs to accomplish, and to describe how these interfaces
   and mechanisms fit together, while leaving their detailed
   specification to other documents.  It obsoletes RFC 3466.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-framework/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.