Subject: RFC 7150 on Conveying Vendor-Specific Constraints in the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 03:23:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7150

        Title:      Conveying Vendor-Specific Constraints in the 
                    Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
        Author:     F. Zhang, A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24156
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7150.txt

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) is used to
convey path computation requests and responses both between Path
Computation Clients (PCCs) and Path Computation Elements (PCEs) and
between cooperating PCEs.  In PCEP, the path computation requests carry
details of the constraints and objective functions that the PCC wishes
the PCE to apply in its computation.

This document defines a facility to carry vendor-specific information
in PCEP using a dedicated object and a new Type-Length-Variable that
can be carried in any existing PCEP object.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC