Subject: RFC 7148 on Prefix Delegation Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7148

        Title:      Prefix Delegation Support for Proxy 
                    Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     X. Zhou, J. Korhonen,
                    C. Williams, S. Gundavelli,
                    CJ. Bernardos
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 60422
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7148.txt

This specification defines extensions to the Proxy Mobile IPv6
protocol for allowing a mobile router in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain
to obtain IP prefixes for its attached mobile networks using DHCPv6
prefix delegation.  Network-based mobility management support is
provided for those delegated IP prefixes just as it is provided for
the mobile node's home address.  Even if the mobile router performs a
handoff and changes its network point of attachment, mobility support
is ensured for all the delegated IP prefixes and for all the IP nodes
in the mobile network that use IP address configuration from those
delegated IP prefixes.

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC