Subject: RFC 7161 on Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Multicast Handover Optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7161

        Title:      Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Multicast 
                    Handover Optimization by the Subscription 
                    Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL) 
        Author:     LM. Contreras, CJ. Bernardos, I. Soto
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 85916
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7161.txt

This document specifies an experimental multicast handover
optimization mechanism for Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) to accelerate
the delivery of multicast traffic to mobile nodes after handovers.
The mechanism, called Subscription Information Acquisition through
the LMA (SIAL), is based on speeding up the acquisition of mobile
nodes' multicast context by the mobile access gateways.  To do that,
extensions to the current PMIPv6 protocol are proposed.  These
extensions are not only applicable to the base solution for multicast
support in Proxy Mobile IPv6, but they can also be applied to other
solutions developed to avoid the tunnel convergence problem.
Furthermore, these extensions are also independent of the role played
by the mobile access gateway within the multicast network (acting as
either multicast listener discovery proxy or multicast router).

This document is a product of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC