Subject: RFC 7190 on Use of Multipath with MPLS and MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7190

        Title:      Use of Multipath with MPLS 
                    and MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) 
        Author:     C. Villamizar
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 36633
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7190.txt

Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques, and
many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
very high-bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
networks.  MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) has strongly discouraged
the use of multipath techniques.  Some degradation of MPLS-TP
Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) performance cannot
be avoided when operating over many types of multipath
implementations.

Using MPLS Entropy Labels (RFC 6790), MPLS Label Switched Paths
(LSPs) can be carried over multipath links while also providing a
fully MPLS-TP-compliant server layer for MPLS-TP LSPs.  This document
describes the means of supporting MPLS as a server layer for MPLS-TP.
The use of MPLS-TP LSPs as a server layer for MPLS LSPs is also
discussed.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC