Subject: Nominations Sought for 2014 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:15:46 -0700

On behalf of the Internet Society 

Nominations Sought for 2014 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award

The Internet Society is soliciting nominations of qualified candidates for the 
2014 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award by 7 May. This annual award is 
presented to an individual or organization that has made outstanding contributions 
in service to the data communications community. The award, which includes a 
presentation crystal and a USD 20,000 prize, is scheduled to be presented 
during the 90th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting in Toronto, ON, 
Canada, 20 -25 July 2014. 
Deadline for nominations is 07 May 2014.

More About the Award

The Jonathan B. Postel Service Award was established by the Internet Society to 
honor a person who has made outstanding contributions in service to the data 
communications community. The award is focused on sustained and substantial 
technical contributions, service to the community, and leadership. With respect to 
leadership, the award committee places particular emphasis on candidates who 
have supported and enabled others in addition to their own specific actions.
 
The award is named for Dr. Jonathan B. Postel to recognize and commemorate 
the extraordinary stewardship exercised by Jon over the course of a thirty-year 
career in networking. He served as the editor of the RFC series of notes from its 
inception in 1969 until 1998. He also served as the ARPANET “numbers Czar” 
and Internet Assigned Numbers Authority over the same period of time. He was 
a founding member of the Internet Architecture (nee Activities) Board and the first 
individual member of the Internet Society, which he also served as a Trustee.
 
Find out more

•	Learn more about Jon Postel’s life and contributions.
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award/ten-year-tribute-jon-postel

•	Find the out more on the award, nomination procedures, and online submission forms.
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award

•	I'm ready to nominate someone!
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award/procedures

For any questions please contact [email-masked]

Best Regards,

Internet Society Team