Subject: RFC 7159 on The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 02:55:08 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.  

Please note that this document is a republication of RFC 7158 in order to correct the publication year.

        RFC 7159

        Title:      The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) 
                    Data Interchange Format 
        Author:     T. Bray, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 27451
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4627, RFC 7158

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-rfc7159bis.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7159.txt

JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) is a lightweight, text-based,
language-independent data interchange format.  It was derived from
the ECMAScript Programming Language Standard.  JSON defines a small
set of formatting rules for the portable representation of structured
data.

This document removes inconsistencies with other specifications of
JSON, repairs specification errors, and offers experience-based
interoperability guidance.

This document is a product of the JavaScript Object Notation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC