Subject: Document Action: 'Cisco Specific Information Elements reused in IPFIX' to Informational RFC (draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:13:39 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Cisco Specific Information Elements reused in IPFIX'
  (draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies/

Technical Summary

It describes additional Information Elements of Cisco
Systems, Inc. that are not listed in RFC3954.

Section 4 of [RFC7012] defines the IPFIX Information Elements in
the range of 1-127 to be compatible with the NetFlow version 9
fields, as specified in the "Cisco Systems NetFlow Services Export
Version 9" [RFC3954].  Since [RFC3954] was specified in 2004, it does
not contain all NetFlow version 9 specific fields in the range 1-127.
This document is intended to complete the IPFIX Information Elements
IANA registry, filling the gaps in the range 1-127.

Document Quality

This draft's -00 version was published in July 2011. All three
authors are from Cisco Systems.  Since then the draft was presented
a few times during IPFIX meetings. However, not much feedback
was received as this is mainly a FYI-type of document. Nonetheless,
there is clear value in the document, as the range 1-127 was
in fact a gimmick to take into account the NetFlow evolution while
the IPFIX standard was being specified.

Document was revised due to feedback during IETF LC and IE doctor review.

Personnel

The document is intended to be Informational, AD-sponsored by Joel.

Nevil Brownlee is the document shepherd.