Subject: RFC 7163 on URN for Country-Specific Emergency Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 08:19:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7163

        Title:      URN for Country-Specific Emergency Services 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, I. Sedlacek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7884
        Updates:    RFC 5031

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-country-emg-urn-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7163.txt

This document updates the registration guidance provided in
Section 4.2 of RFC 5031, which allows the registration of service
URNs with the 'sos' service type only for emergency services "that
are offered widely and in different countries".  This document
updates those instructions to allow such registrations when, at the
time of registration, those services are offered in only one country.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC