Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements-07.txt> (Requirements and Framework for Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowires over MPLS PSNs) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:22:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements and Framework for Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowires over
   MPLS PSNs'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-03-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a set of requirements and a framework for
   providing a Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire (PW) over MPLS PSNs.  The
   requirements identified in this document are related to architecture,
   signaling and maintenance aspects of Point-to-Multipoint PW
   operation.  They are proposed as guidelines for the standardization
   of such mechanisms.  Among other potential applications, Point-to-
   Multipoint PWs can be used to optimize the support of multicast layer
   2 services (Virtual Private LAN Service and Virtual Private Multicast
   Service) as defined in the Layer 2 Virtual Private Network Working
   Group.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2249/