Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsec-lla-only-07.txt> (Using Only Link-Local Addressing Inside an IPv6 Network) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:51:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operational Security
Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure WG (opsec) to consider the
following document:
- 'Using Only Link-Local Addressing Inside an IPv6 Network'
  <draft-ietf-opsec-lla-only-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In an IPv6 network it is possible to use only link-local addresses on
   infrastructure links between routers.  This document discusses the
   advantages and disadvantages of this approach to help the decision
   process for a given network.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-lla-only/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-lla-only/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.