Subject: RFC 7203 on An Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) Extension for Structured Cybersecurity Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 15:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7203

        Title:      An Incident Object Description Exchange 
                    Format (IODEF) Extension for Structured 
                    Cybersecurity Information 
        Author:     T. Takahashi, K. Landfield, Y. Kadobayashi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 57694
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mile-sci-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7203.txt

This document extends the Incident Object Description Exchange Format
(IODEF) defined in RFC 5070 to exchange enriched cybersecurity
information among security experts at organizations and facilitate
their operations.  It provides a well-defined pattern to consistently
embed structured information, such as identifier- and XML-based
information.

This document is a product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC