Subject: RFC 7197 on Duplication Delay Attribute in the Session Description Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7197

        Title:      Duplication Delay Attribute in the 
                    Session Description Protocol 
        Author:     A. Begen,
                    Y. Cai,
                    H. Ou
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22559
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7197.txt

A straightforward approach to provide protection against packet
losses due to network outages with a longest duration of T time units
is to duplicate the original packets and send each copy separated in
time by at least T time units.  This approach is commonly referred to
as "time-shifted redundancy", "temporal redundancy", or simply
"delayed duplication".  This document defines an attribute to
indicate the presence of temporally redundant media streams and the
duplication delay in the Session Description Protocol.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC