Subject: RFC 7218 on Adding Acronyms to Simplify Conversations about DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 06:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7218

        Title:      Adding Acronyms to Simplify Conversations about 
                    DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) 
        Author:     O. Gudmundsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8907
        Updates:    RFC 6698

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dane-registry-acronyms-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7218.txt

Experience has shown that people get confused when discussing the
three numeric fields of the TLSA record.  This document specifies
descriptive acronyms for the three numeric fields in TLSA
records.  This document updates the format of the IANA registry
created by RFC 6698.

This document is a product of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC