Subject: RFC 7183 on Integrity Protection for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) and Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2 (OLSRv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:28:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7183

        Title:      Integrity Protection for the Neighborhood 
                    Discovery Protocol (NHDP) and Optimized Link 
                    State Routing Protocol Version 2 (OLSRv2) 
        Author:     U. Herberg,
                    C. Dearlove,
                    T. Clausen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33255
        Updates:    RFC 6130, RFC 7181

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7183.txt

This document specifies integrity and replay protection for the
Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)
and the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2).
This protection is achieved by using an HMAC-SHA-256 Integrity Check
Value (ICV) TLV and a Timestamp TLV based on Portable Operating
System Interface (POSIX) time.

The mechanism in this specification can also be used for other
protocols that use the generalized packet/message format described in
RFC 5444.

This document updates RFC 6130 and RFC 7181 by mandating the
implementation of this integrity and replay protection in NHDP and
OLSRv2.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC