Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDP Extensions for Multi Topology' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:02:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LDP Extensions for Multi Topology'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology/

Technical Summary

   Multi-Topology (MT) routing is supported in IP networks with the use
   of MT aware IGPs.  In order to provide MT routing within
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Distribution Protocol
   (LDP) networks new extensions are required.

   This document describes the LDP protocol extensions required to
   support MT routing in an MPLS environment.

Working Group Summary

   There is a strong support for this document in the working group
   and it has been has been well reviewed.

   After IESG last call there were a number of questions and issues
   that resulted in a significant revision to the document. The 
   document was returned to the WG for an additional last call that
   showed support for the current revision of the document.
   
Document Quality

   We know of implementations and intended implementations, 
   further a poll has been sent to the working group mailing list 
   requesting information. 
¨
   This poll has just resulted in that we know of two more implementations
   in progress.

Personnel
  
   Loa Andersson is the document shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Section 1 para 1
OLD
   support Multiple Topologies (MT) within
   MPLS environments (MPLS-MT).  
NEW
   support an MPLS Multi-Topology (MPLS-MT) environment.
END

Section 3.7
s/"Reserved"/"Unassigned"/