Subject: RFC 7146 on Securing Block Storage Protocols over IP: RFC 3723 Requirements Update for IPsec v3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 16:55:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7146

        Title:      Securing Block Storage Protocols over 
                    IP: RFC 3723 Requirements Update for 
                    IPsec v3 
        Author:     D. Black, P. Koning
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37991
        Updates:    RFC 3720, RFC 3723, RFC 3821, RFC 3822,
                    RFC 4018, RFC 4172, RFC 4173, RFC 4174, 
                    RFC 5040, RFC 5041, RFC 5042, RFC 5043, 
                    RFC 5044, RFC 5045, RFC 5046, RFC 5047,
                    RFC 5048

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-storm-ipsec-ips-update-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7146.txt

RFC 3723 specifies IPsec requirements for block storage protocols
over IP (e.g., Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI))
based on IPsec v2 (RFC 2401 and related RFCs); those requirements
have subsequently been applied to remote direct data placement
protocols, e.g., the Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol (RDMAP).
This document updates RFC 3723's IPsec requirements to IPsec v3 (RFC
4301 and related RFCs) and makes some changes to required algorithms
based on developments in cryptography since RFC 3723 was published.

This document is a product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC