Subject: WG Review: JavaScript Object Notation (json)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:10:21 -0700

The JavaScript Object Notation (json) working group in the Applications
Area of the IETF is undergoing rechartering. The IESG has not made any
determination yet. The following draft charter was submitted, and is
provided for informational purposes only. Please send your comments to
the IESG mailing list (iesg at ietf.org) by 2014-04-21.

JavaScript Object Notation (json)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Matthew Miller <[email-masked]>
  Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/json
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/json/

Charter:

Javascript Object Notation (JSON) is a lightweight, text-based,
language-independent data interchange format. It was derived from the
ECMAScript Programming Language Standard, and is published in RFC 7159.

The WG will work on an restricted profile of JSON designed to maximize
interoperability. The work will start from draft-bray-i-json-01.

The WG will work on a format for a streamable sequence of JSON texts.
The work will start from draft-williams-json-text-sequence-00.

Milestones:
  Jun 2014 - IETF Last Call for restricted profile
  Jun 2014 - IETF Last Call for text sequences