Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-07.txt> (DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Transport) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:09:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Transport'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IPv4 connectivity is still needed as networks migrate towards IPv6.
   Users require IPv4 configuration even if the uplink to their service
   provider supports IPv6 only.  This document describes a mechanism for
   obtaining IPv4 configuration information dynamically in IPv6 networks
   by carrying DHCPv4 messages over DHCPv6 transport.  Two new DHCPv6
   messages and two new DHCPv6 options are defined for this purpose.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.