Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-05.txt> (Extended Administrative Groups in MPLS-TE) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 06:00:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Extended Administrative Groups in MPLS-TE'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-05-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   MPLS-TE advertises 32 administrative groups (commonly referred to as
   "colors" or "link colors") using the Administrative Group sub-TLV of
   the Link TLV.  This is defined for OSPFv2 (RFC3630), OSPFv3 (RFC5329)
   and ISIS (RFC5305).

   This document adds a sub-TLV to the IGP TE extensions, "Extended
   Administrative Group".  This sub-TLV provides for additional
   administrative groups (link colors) beyond the current limit of 32.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.