Subject: RFC 7156 on Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Localized Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7156

        Title:      Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile 
                    IPv6 Localized Routing 
        Author:     G. Zorn, Q. Wu, J. Korhonen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25657
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7156.txt

In Proxy Mobile IPv6, packets received from a Mobile Node (MN) by the
Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) to which it is attached are typically
tunneled to a Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) for routing.  The term
"localized routing" refers to a method by which packets are routed
directly between an MN's MAG and the MAG of its Correspondent Node
(CN) without involving any LMA.  In a Proxy Mobile IPv6 deployment,
it may be desirable to control the establishment of localized routing
sessions between two MAGs in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain by requiring
that the session be authorized.  This document specifies how to
accomplish this using the Diameter protocol.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC