Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07.txt> (Controlling State Advertisements Of Non-negotiated LDP Applications) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:18:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Controlling State Advertisements Of Non-negotiated LDP Applications'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-05-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There is no capability negotiation done for Label Distribution
   Protocol (LDP) applications that setup Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
   for IP prefixes or that signal Point-to-point (P2P) Pseudowires
   (PWs) for Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs). When an LDP
   session comes up, an LDP speaker may unnecessarily advertise its
   local state for such LDP applications even when the peer session is
   established for some other applications like Multipoint LDP (mLDP)
   or Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP). This document
   defines a solution by which an LDP speaker announces to its peer its
   disinterest in such non-negotiated applications, thus disabling the
   unnecessary advertisement of corresponding application state, which
   would have otherwise be advertised over the established LDP session.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.