Subject: Last Call: <draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-rfc5996bis-02.txt> (Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 13:27:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)'
  <draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-rfc5996bis-02.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes version 2 of the Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
   protocol.  IKE is a component of IPsec used for performing mutual
   authentication and establishing and maintaining Security Associations
   (SAs).  This document replaces and updates RFC 5996, and includes all
   of the errata for it, and it is intended to update IKEv2 to be
   Internet Standard.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-rfc5996bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-rfc5996bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.