Subject: RFC 7208 on Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 15:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7208

        Title:      Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for 
                    Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, 
                    Version 1 
        Author:     S. Kitterman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 144189
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4408

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-21.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7208.txt

Email on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
host can use as the "MAIL FROM" of a message or the domain given on
the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby ADministrative
Management Domains (ADMDs) can explicitly authorize the hosts that
are allowed to use their domain names, and a receiving host can check
such authorization.

This document obsoletes RFC 4408.

This document is a product of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC