Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-loop-detection-04.txt> (Loop Detection Mechanisms for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to- Back User Agents (B2BUAs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:11:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Sip Traversal Required for
Applications to Work WG (straw) to consider the following document:
- 'Loop Detection Mechanisms for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-
   to- Back User Agents (B2BUAs)'
  <draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-loop-detection-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   SIP Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) can cause unending SIP request
   routing loops because, as User Agent Clients, they can generate SIP
   requests with new Max-Forwards values.  This document discusses the
   difficulties associated with loop detection for B2BUAs, and
   requirements for them to prevent infinite loops.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-loop-detection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-loop-detection/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.