Subject: RFC 7143 on Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) Protocol (Consolidated)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 16:52:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7143

        Title:      Internet Small Computer System Interface 
                    (iSCSI) Protocol (Consolidated) 
        Author:     M. Chadalapaka, J. Satran,
                    K. Meth, D. Black
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      295
        Characters: 655576
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3720, RFC 3980, RFC 4850, RFC 5048
        Updates:    RFC 3721

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7143.txt

This document describes a transport protocol for SCSI that works
on top of TCP.  The iSCSI protocol aims to be fully compliant with
the standardized SCSI Architecture Model (SAM-2).  RFC 3720
defined the original iSCSI protocol.  RFC 3721 discusses iSCSI
naming examples and discovery techniques.  Subsequently, RFC 3980
added an additional naming format to the iSCSI protocol.  RFC 4850
followed up by adding a new public extension key to iSCSI.  RFC
5048 offered a number of clarifications as well as a few
improvements and corrections to the original iSCSI protocol.

This document obsoletes RFCs 3720, 3980, 4850, and 5048 by
consolidating them into a single document and making additional
updates to the consolidated specification.  This document also
updates RFC 3721.  The text in this document thus supersedes the
text in all the noted RFCs wherever there is a difference in
semantics.

This document is a product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC