Subject: RFC 7221 on Handling of Internet-Drafts by IETF Working Groups

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:06:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7221

        Title:      Handling of Internet-Drafts by IETF 
                    Working Groups 
        Author:     A. Farrel, D. Crocker, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31669
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-crocker-id-adoption-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7221.txt

The productive output of an IETF working group is documents, as
mandated by the working group's charter.  When a working group is
ready to develop a particular document, the most common mechanism is
for it to "adopt" an existing document as a starting point.  The
document that a working group adopts and then develops further is
based on initial input at varying levels of maturity.  An initial
working group draft might be a document already in wide use, or it
might be a blank sheet, wholly created by the working group, or it
might represent any level of maturity in between.  This document
discusses how a working group typically handles the formal documents
that it targets for publication.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC