Subject: CORRECTIONS: Nominations Sought for 2014 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award are extended to 16 May 2014.

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 02:58:23 -0700

The Internet Society is soliciting nominations of qualified candidates for the 2014 Jonathan B. Postel 
Service Award by 16 May. This annual award is presented to an individual or organization that has 
made outstanding contributions in service to the data communications community. The award, which
 includes a presentation crystal and a USD 20,000 prize, is scheduled to be presented during the 
90th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting in Toronto, ON, Canada, 20 -25 July 2014. 
Extension Deadline for nominations is 16 May 2014.

More About the Award

The Jonathan B. Postel Service Award was established by the Internet Society to honor a person who 
has made outstanding contributions in service to the data communications community. The award is 
focused on sustained and substantial technical contributions, service to the community, and 
leadership. With respect to leadership, the award committee places particular emphasis on 
candidates who have supported and enabled others in addition to their own specific actions.

The award is named for Dr. Jonathan B. Postel to recognize and commemorate the extraordinary 
stewardship exercised by Jon over the course of a thirty year career in networking. He served as the 
editor of the RFC series of notes from its inception in 1969 until 1998. He also served as the 
ARPANET “numbers Czar” and Internet Assigned Numbers Authority over the same period of time. He 
was a founding member of the Internet Architecture (nee Activities) Board and the first individual 
member of the Internet Society, which he also served as a Trustee.

Find out more

•Jon Postel’s life an contributions 
https://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award

•Award nomination procedures and online submission forms 
https://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/postel-service-award/procedures

For any questions please contact [email-masked]

Best Regards,

Internet Society Team