Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for IP Management' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-ip-cfg-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 06:40:24 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for IP Management'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-ip-cfg-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-ip-cfg/

Technical Summary

 This document defines a YANG data model for the management of network
 interfaces.  It is expected that interface type specific data models
 augment the generic interfaces data model defined in this document.
 The data model includes configuration data, state data and counters
 for the collection of statistics.

Working Group Summary

 The normal WG process was followed and the documents reflect WG
 consensus with nothing special worth mentioning except for the following.

 While the working group felt that the set of documents was complete in
 April 2013, there was a sense of unease about disparities between
 operational state and configuration. Additional reviews during the last
 call made it clear that it was desirable to deal with this by separating
 operational state from configuration management and that this should have
 been done from the beginning. The working group pulled the document back
 from IESG review and worked to add this to the model.

Document Quality

 This set of documents received extensive review within the working group
 and ample time was spent to review and reconsider all design choices.
 The working group also reached out to the IP directorate and received
 additional review from Dave Thaler.

Personnel

 Thomas Nadeau is the document shepherd
 Benoit Claise is the responsible Area Director.