Subject: Document Action: Address mappings to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:06:28 -0700

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- Address mappings
  (rfc796) to Historic

This document action is documented at:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-ipv4-address-mapping-classes-to-historic/

A URL of the affected document is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc796/

Status Change Details:

RFC 796 [RFC796] specifies formats for "classful" IPv4 addresses.
It also specifies mappings for some existing networks at the time it
was published between their "local" network representations and
IPv4 equivalents.  However, "classful" addresses have been largely
superseded by CIDR [RFC4632].  Furthermore, the vast majority of
these addresses have either been reassigned to other organizations,
or are considered part of private address space [RFC1918].
Therefore, RFC 796 is reclassified to Historic status.

Personnel 

   Ted Lemon is the responsible Area Director.