Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-11.txt> (GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Ethernet OAM Configuration) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 06:27:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Ethernet OAM Configuration'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The GMPLS controlled Ethernet Label Switching (GELS) work extended
   GMPLS RSVP-TE to support the establishment of Ethernet LSPs.  IEEE
   Ethernet Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) specifies an adjunct OAM
   flow to check connectivity in Ethernet networks.  CFM can be also
   used with Ethernet LSPs for fault detection and triggering recovery
   mechanisms.  The ITU-T Y.1731 specification builds on CFM and
   specifies additional OAM mechanisms, including Performance
   Monitoring, for Ethernet networks.  This document specifies
   extensions of GMPLS RSVP-TE protocol to support the setup of the
   associated Ethernet OAM entities of Ethernet LSPs, and defines the
   Ethernet technology specific TLVs based on the GMPLS OAM
   Configuration Framework.  This document supports, but does not
   modify, the IEEE and ITU-T OAM mechanisms.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1380/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/895/