Subject: RFC 7169 on The NSA (No Secrecy Afforded) Certificate Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7169

        Title:      The NSA (No Secrecy Afforded) 
                    Certificate Extension 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5480
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-no-secrecy-afforded-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7169.txt

This document defines the NSA (No Secrecy Afforded) certificate
extension appropriate for use in certain PKIX (X.509 Pubic Key
Certificates) digital certificates.  Historically, clients and
servers strived to maintain the privacy of their keys; however, the
secrecy of their private keys cannot always be maintained.  In
certain circumstances, a client or a server might feel that they will
be compelled in the future to share their keys with a third party.
Some clients and servers also have been compelled to share their
keys and wish to indicate to relying parties upon certificate
renewal that their keys have in fact been shared with a third
party.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC