Subject: RFC 7215 on Locator/Identifier Separation Protocol (LISP) Network Element Deployment Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 15:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7215

        Title:      Locator/Identifier Separation Protocol (LISP) Network 
                    Element Deployment Considerations 
        Author:     L. Jakab, A. Cabellos-Aparicio,
                    F. Coras, J. Domingo-Pascual,
                    D. Lewis
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 68686
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-deployment-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7215.txt

This document is a snapshot of different Locator/Identifier
Separation Protocol (LISP) deployment scenarios.  It discusses the
placement of new network elements introduced by the protocol,
representing the thinking of the LISP working group as of Summer
2013.  LISP deployment scenarios may have evolved since then.  This
memo represents one stable point in that evolution of understanding.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC