Subject: RFC 7191 on Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Package Receipt and Error Content Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 16:56:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7191

        Title:      Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key 
                    Package Receipt and Error Content Types 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 53803
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-ct-keypackage-receipt-n-error-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7191.txt

This document defines the syntax for two Cryptographic Message Syntax
(CMS) content types: one for key package receipts and another for
key package errors.  The key package receipt content type is used to
confirm receipt of an identified key package or collection of key
packages.  The key package error content type is used to indicate an
error occurred during the processing of a key package.  CMS can be
used to digitally sign, digest, authenticate, or encrypt these
content types.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC