Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-large-flow-load-balancing-11.txt> (Mechanisms for Optimizing LAG/ECMP Component Link Utilization in Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:25:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Mechanisms for Optimizing LAG/ECMP Component Link Utilization in
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-large-flow-load-balancing-11.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-05-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Demands on networking infrastructure are growing exponentially due to
   bandwidth hungry applications such as rich media applications and
   inter-data center communications. In this context, it is important to
   optimally use the bandwidth in wired networks that extensively use
   link aggregation groups and equal cost multi-paths as techniques for
   bandwidth scaling. This draft explores some of the mechanisms useful
   for achieving this.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-large-flow-load-balancing/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-large-flow-load-balancing/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.