Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-implementer-obligations-01.txt> (Expectations of Implementers of IETF Protocols) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 12:18:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Expectations of Implementers of IETF Protocols'
  <draft-housley-implementer-obligations-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   By choosing to implement an IETF protocol, one is expected to follow
   the specification, associated best current practices, and IANA
   registry practices.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-implementer-obligations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-implementer-obligations/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.