Subject: RFC 7170 on Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol (TEAP) Version 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7170

        Title:      Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol (TEAP) 
                    Version 1 
        Author:     H. Zhou, N. Cam-Winget,
                    J. Salowey, S. Hanna
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      101
        Characters: 205545
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-emu-eap-tunnel-method-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7170.txt

This document defines the Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol
(TEAP) version 1.  TEAP is a tunnel-based EAP method that enables
secure communication between a peer and a server by using the
Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to establish a mutually
authenticated tunnel.  Within the tunnel, TLV objects are used to
convey authentication-related data between the EAP peer and the EAP
server.

This document is a product of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC