Subject: RFC 7177 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Adjacency

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:17:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7177

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Adjacency 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, R. Perlman,
                    A. Ghanwani, H. Yang,
                    V. Manral
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 77117
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6327
        Updates:    RFC 6325

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7177.txt

The IETF Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL)
protocol supports arbitrary link technologies between TRILL switches,
including point-to-point links and multi-access Local Area
Network (LAN) links that can have multiple TRILL switches and end stations
attached.  TRILL uses Intermediate System to Intermediate
System (IS-IS) routing.  This document specifies the establishment,
reporting, and termination of IS-IS adjacencies between TRILL
switches, also known as RBridges (Routing Bridges).  It also concerns
four other link-local aspects of TRILL: Designated RBridge (DRB)
selection, MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) testing, pseudonode
creation, and BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding Detection) session
bootstrapping in connection with adjacency.  State diagrams are
included where appropriate.  This document obsoletes RFC 6327 and
updates RFC 6325.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC