Subject: RFC 7195 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Extension for Setting Audio and Video Media Streams over Circuit-Switched Bearers in the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 10:32:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7195

        Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Extension 
                    for Setting Audio and Video Media 
                    Streams over Circuit-Switched Bearers in the 
                    Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) 
        Author:     M. Garcia-Martin, S. Veikkolainen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 92699
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-cs-23.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7195.txt

This memo describes use cases, requirements, and protocol extensions
for using the Session Description Protocol (SDP) offer/answer model
for establishing audio and video media streams over circuit-switched
bearers in the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC