Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation-14.txt> (The Evaluation of Different Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal Techniques for Media Controlled by Real-time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 12:41:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'The Evaluation of Different Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal
   Techniques for Media Controlled by Real-time Streaming Protocol
   (RTSP)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation-14.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Some helpful state about this draft is available here: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mmusic/current/msg13385.html.

Abstract

   This document describes several Network Address Translator (NAT)
   traversal techniques that were considered to be used for establishing
   the RTP media flows controlled by the Real-time Streaming Protocol
   (RTSP).  Each technique includes a description of how it would be
   used, the security implications of using it and any other deployment
   considerations it has.  There are also discussions on how NAT
   traversal techniques relate to firewalls and how each technique can
   be applied in different use cases.  These findings were used when
   selecting the NAT traversal for RTSP 2.0, which is specified in a
   separate document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.