Subject: RFC 7135 on Registering a SIP Resource Priority Header Field Namespace for Local Emergency Communications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7135

        Title:      Registering a SIP Resource Priority 
                    Header Field Namespace for Local Emergency 
                    Communications 
        Author:     J. Polk
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20749
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-polk-local-emergency-rph-namespace-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7135.txt

This document creates the new Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Resource Priority header field namespace 'esnet' and registers this
namespace with IANA.  The new header field namespace allows for local
emergency session establishment to a public safety answering point (PSAP),
between PSAPs, and between a PSAP and first responders and their
organizations.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC