Subject: RFC 7265 on jCal: The JSON Format for iCalendar

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:46:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7265

        Title:      jCal: The JSON Format for iCalendar 
        Author:     P. Kewisch, C. Daboo, M. Douglass
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 56274
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcal-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7265.txt

This specification defines "jCal", a JSON format for iCalendar data.
The iCalendar data format is a text format for capturing and
exchanging information normally stored within a calendaring and
scheduling application, for example, tasks and events.  JSON is a
lightweight, text-based, language-independent data interchange format
commonly used in Internet applications.

This document is a product of the JSON data formats for vCard and iCalendar Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC