Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-udptl-dtls-07.txt> (UDP Transport Layer (UDPTL) over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 17:22:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'UDP Transport Layer (UDPTL) over Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-udptl-dtls-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies how the UDP Transport Layer (UDPTL) protocol,
   the predominant transport protocol for T.38 fax, can be transported
   over the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol, how the
   usage of UDPTL over DTLS is indicated in the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP), and how UDPTL over DTLS is negotiated in a session
   established using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-udptl-dtls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-udptl-dtls/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.