Subject: RFC 7206 on Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7206

        Title:      Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification
                    in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks 
        Author:     P. Jones, G. Salgueiro,
                    J. Polk, L. Liess, H. Kaplan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 28383
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7206.txt

This document specifies the requirements for an end-to-end session
identifier in IP-based multimedia communication networks.  This
identifier would enable endpoints, intermediate devices, and
management and monitoring systems to identify a session end-to-end
across multiple SIP devices, hops, and administrative domains.

This document is a product of the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC