Subject: Document Action: 'PKCS #12: Personal Information Exchange Syntax v1.1' to Informational RFC (draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 08:12:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PKCS #12: Personal Information Exchange Syntax v1.1'
  (draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moriarty-pkcs12v1-1/

Technical Summary

      The content of the document is substantially the same as the
      source PKCS12 document with the necessary changes to publish it
      as an IETF RFC and to correct a few minor technical issues.  The
      document describes an ASN1-based transfer syntax for personal
      identity information, including private keys, certificates,
      miscellaneous secrets, and extensions.  Machines, applications,
      browsers, Internet kiosks, and so on, that support this standard
      will allow a user to import, export, and exercise a single set
      of personal identity information.  This standard supports direct
      transfer of personal information under several privacy and
      integrity modes.

Working Group Summary

      The document action is primarily a publication to document the
      transfer of copyright from RSA/EMC to the IETF.  As such, this
      has been handled as an individual submission from the current
      copyright holder with AD input.  The security area AD's believe
      this specification to be a useful addition to the set of IETF
      documents and expect it to be the basis for the publication of
      future IETF standards based on the original PKCS12 work, similar
      to what has previously happened with PKCS7.

Document Quality

      PKCS12-based implementations are wide spread and well
      understood. This document is a comprehensive and complete
      discussion of the current PKCS12 framework with the addition of
      code points to support more recently defined cryptographic
      mechanisms.  The document references are up to date and appear
      to be complete.

Personnel

Michael StJohns is the Shepherd.
Sean Turner was the responsible AD. Stephen Farrell took over.