Subject: Last Call: <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> (DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 13:42:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Architecture Board 
(iab) to consider the following document:

- 'DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements'
  <draft-iab-2870bis-01.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNS Root Name service is a critical part of the Internet
   architecture.  The protocol and deployment requirements expected to
   be implemented for the DNS root name service are defined in this
   document.  Operational requirements are out of scope.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-2870bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-2870bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.