Subject: RFC 7255 on Using the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI) Uniform Resource Name (URN) as an Instance ID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:31:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7255

        Title:      Using the International Mobile station 
                    Equipment Identity (IMEI) Uniform Resource Name 
                    (URN) as an Instance ID 
        Author:     A. Allen, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 21606
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7255.txt

This specification defines how the Uniform Resource Name (URN)
reserved for the Global System for Mobile Communications Association
(GSMA) identities and its sub-namespace for the International Mobile
station Equipment Identity (IMEI) can be used as an instance-id.  Its
purpose is to fulfill the requirements for defining how a specific
URN needs to be constructed and used in the '+sip.instance' Contact
header field parameter for outbound behavior.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC