Subject: RFC 7254 on A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:31:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7254

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Name Namespace 
                    for the Global System for Mobile 
                    Communications Association (GSMA) and the 
                    International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI) 
        Author:     M. Montemurro, Ed., A. Allen,
                    D. McDonald, P. Gosden
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33488
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7254.txt

This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace
for the Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA)
and a Namespace Specific String (NSS) for the International Mobile
station Equipment Identity (IMEI), as well as an associated parameter
for the International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software
Version number (IMEISV).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part
of the specification for the GSM and are also now incorporated by the
3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP
specification for GSM, Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
(UMTS), and 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks.  The IMEI and
IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile Equipment within these
systems and are managed by the GSMA.  URNs from this namespace almost
always contain personally identifiable information and need to be
treated accordingly.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC