Subject: RFC 7171 on PT-EAP: Posture Transport (PT) Protocol for Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Tunnel Methods

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7171

        Title:      PT-EAP: Posture Transport (PT) Protocol 
                    for Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Tunnel 
                    Methods 
        Author:     N. Cam-Winget, P. Sangster
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 45604
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nea-pt-eap-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7171.txt

This document specifies PT-EAP, a Posture Transport (PT) protocol
based on the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and designed to
be used only inside an EAP tunnel method protected by Transport Layer
Security (TLS).  The document also describes the intended
applicability of PT-EAP.

This document is a product of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC