Subject: STD 78, RFC 5590 on Transport Subsystem for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 13:47:11 -0700

STD 78
       RFC 5590

       Title:      Transport Subsystem for the Simple Network
                   Management Protocol (SNMP)
       Author:     D. Harrington, J. Schoenwaelder
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       June 2009
       Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                   [email-masked] 
       Pages:      34
       Characters: 84513
       Updates:    RFC 3411, RFC 3412, RFC 3414, RFC 3417
       See Also:   STD 78

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isms-tmsm-18.txt

       URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5590.txt

This document defines a Transport Subsystem, extending the Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP) architecture defined in RFC
3411. This document defines a subsystem to contain Transport Models
that is comparable to other subsystems in the RFC 3411
architecture. As work is being done to expand the transports to
include secure transports, such as the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol and
Transport Layer Security (TLS), using a subsystem will enable
consistent design and modularity of such Transport Models. This
document identifies and describes some key aspects that need to be
considered for any Transport Model for SNMP.

This document is a product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited. 

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see
http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].
Unless specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are
for unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC