Subject: Last Call: <draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf-01.txt> (Indicating WebSocket Protocol as a Transport in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format (CLF)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 06:55:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Indicating WebSocket Protocol as a Transport in the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format (CLF)'
  <draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 7118 [RFC7118] specifies a WebSocket sub-protocol as a reliable
   real-time transport mechanism between SIP (Session Initiation
   Protocol) entities to enable usage of SIP in web-oriented
   deployments.  This document updates the SIP Common Log Format (CLF),
   defined in RFC 6873 [RFC6873], with a new "Transport Flag" for such
   SIP WebSocket transport.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.