Subject: Document Action: 'Object Identifier Registry for the PKIX Working Group' to Informational RFC (draft-housley-pkix-oids-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 08:14:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Object Identifier Registry for the PKIX Working Group'
  (draft-housley-pkix-oids-03.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-pkix-oids/

Technical Summary

   When the Public-Key Infrastructure using X.509 (PKIX) Working Group
   was chartered, an object identifier arc was was allocated by IANA for
   use by that working group.  This document describes the object
   identifiers that were assigned in that arc, it returns control of
   that arc to IANA, and it establishes IANA allocation policies for any
   future assignments within that arc.

Working Group Summary

  This document is related to many RFCs that were produced by the
  PKIX WG.  That WG is closed, but the mail list remains open.  The
  mail list was asked to comment on the document.  Supportive
  responses were received.

  Tidying this up is a good thing (TM:-)

Document Quality

  The constants in this document have already been assigned, and they
  are in wide use.

Personnel

   Russ Housley is document author and shepherd.
   Sean Turner was the responsible Area Director.
   Stephen Farrell took over.

RFC Editor Note

In section 3, the count of 31 is wrong, it should be 33, so:

OLD:

   IANA is asked to update one registry table and create 31 additional
   tables.

NEW: 

   IANA is asked to update one registry table and create 33 additional
   tables.