Subject: BCP 188, RFC 7258 on Pervasive Monitoring Is an Attack

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 21:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 188        
        RFC 7258

        Title:      Pervasive Monitoring Is an Attack 
        Author:     S. Farrell, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 13396
        See Also:   BCP 188

        I-D Tag:    draft-farrell-perpass-attack-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7258.txt

Pervasive monitoring is a technical attack that should be mitigated
in the design of IETF protocols, where possible.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC