Subject: RFC 7175 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:16:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7175

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Bidirectional Forwarding 
                    Detection (BFD) Support 
        Author:     V. Manral, D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    D. Ward, A. Banerjee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24954
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7175.txt

This document specifies use of the Bidirectional Forwarding
Detection (BFD) protocol in Routing Bridge (RBridge) campuses based on the
RBridge Channel extension to the Transparent Interconnection
of Lots of Links (TRILL) protocol.

BFD is a widely deployed Operations, Administration, and
Maintenance (OAM) mechanism in IP and MPLS
networks, using UDP and Associated Channel Header (ACH)
encapsulation respectively.  This document specifies the BFD
encapsulation over TRILL.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC