Subject: RFC 7247 on Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Architecture, Addresses, and Error Handling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:30:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7247

        Title:      Interworking between the Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging 
                    and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Architecture, 
                    Addresses, and Error Handling 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre, A. Houri, J. Hildebrand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 57218
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stox-core-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7247.txt

As a foundation for the definition of bidirectional protocol mappings
between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible
Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), this document specifies the
architectural assumptions underlying such mappings as well as the
mapping of addresses and error conditions.

This document is a product of the SIP-TO-XMPP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC