Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6-05.txt> (Enterprise IPv6 Deployment Guidelines) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 16:45:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Enterprise IPv6 Deployment Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6-05.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Enterprise network administrators worldwide are in various stages of
   preparing for or deploying IPv6 into their networks.  The
   administrators face different challenges than operators of Internet
   access providers, and have reasons for different priorities.  The
   overall problem for many administrators will be to offer Internet-
   facing services over IPv6, while continuing to support IPv4, and
   while introducing IPv6 access within the enterprise IT network.  The
   overall transition will take most networks from an IPv4-only
   environment to a dual stack network environment and eventually an
   IPv6-only operating mode.  This document helps provide a framework
   for enterprise network architects or administrators who may be faced
   with many of these challenges as they consider their IPv6 support
   strategies.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-enterprise-incremental-ipv6/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.