Subject: Last Call: <draft-secretaries-good-practices-06.txt> (IETF Working Groups' Secretaries) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 06:26:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IETF Working Groups' Secretaries'
  <draft-secretaries-good-practices-06.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Working Group Secretary's role was succinctly defined in RFC
   2418. However, this role has greatly evolved and increased both in
   value and scope, since the writing of RFC 2418. This document updates
   RFC 2418 by providing a new definition of the Working Group
   Secretary's role. This document also provides a compilation of good
   practices and general guidelines regarding the fulfilment of the
   role.

   This document is intended for established Working Group Secretaries,
   individuals motivated by taking up that role, or anyone else simply
   interested in understanding better the Working Group Secretary's
   role. This document may also be useful for Working Group Chairs to
   better appreciate and help develop the value of Working Group
   Secretaries.

   This document would be published as part of BCP 25.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-secretaries-good-practices/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-secretaries-good-practices/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.