Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-paws-protocol-12.txt> (Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 06:17:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol to Access WS database
WG (paws) to consider the following document:
- 'Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases'
  <draft-ietf-paws-protocol-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Portions of the radio spectrum that are allocated to licensees are
   available for non-interfering use.  This available spectrum is called
   "White Space."  Allowing secondary users access to available spectrum
   "unlocks" existing spectrum to maximize its utilization and to
   provide opportunities for innovation, resulting in greater overall
   spectrum utilization.

   One approach to manage spectrum sharing uses databases to report
   spectrum availability to devices.  To achieve interoperability among
   multiple devices and databases, a standardized protocol must be
   defined and implemented.  This document defines such a protocol, the
   "Protocol to Access White Space (PAWS) Databases".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2203/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2340/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2239/