Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for System Management' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:40:18 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for System Management'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt/

Technical Summary

  This document defines a YANG data model for the configuration and
  identification of some common system properties within a device
  containing a NETCONF server.  This includes data node definitions
  for system identification, time-of-day management, user management,
  DNS resolver configuration, and some protocol operations for system
  management.

Working Group Summary

  The normal WG process was followed and the documents reflect WG
  consensus with nothing special worth mentioning.

Document Quality

  This document received extensive review within the working group and
  ample time was spent to review and reconsider all design choices.
  Some working group members have indicated that they plan to
  implement this data model once approved by the IESG.

Personnel

  Juergen Schoenwaelder is the Document Shepherd.
  Benoit Claise is the responsible Area Director.