Subject: RFC 7211 on Operations Model for Router Keying

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:25:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7211

        Title:      Operations Model for Router Keying 
        Author:     S. Hartman, D. Zhang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 47824
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-karp-ops-model-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7211.txt

The IETF is engaged in an effort to analyze the security of routing
protocol authentication according to design guidelines discussed in
RFC 6518, "Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols 
(KARP)Design Guidelines".  Developing an operational and management model
for routing protocol security that works with all the routing
protocols will be critical to the deployability of these efforts.
This document gives recommendations to operators and implementors
regarding management and operation of router authentication.  These
recommendations will also assist protocol designers in understanding
management issues they will face.

This document is a product of the Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC