Subject: RFC 7234 on Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Caching

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 18:16:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7234

        Title:      Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Caching 
        Author:     R. Fielding, Ed.,
                    M. Nottingham, Ed.,
                    J. Reschke, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 90647
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2616

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-26.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7234.txt

The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is a stateless %application-
level protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
systems.  This document defines HTTP caches and the associated header
fields that control cache behavior or indicate cacheable response
messages.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC