Subject: RFC 7231 on Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Semantics and Content

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 18:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7231

        Title:      Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Semantics 
                    and Content 
        Author:     R. Fielding, Ed.,
                    J. Reschke, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      101
        Characters: 235053
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2616
        Updates:    RFC 2817

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-26.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7231.txt

The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is a stateless %application-
level protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
systems.  This document defines the semantics of HTTP/1.1 messages,
as expressed by request methods, request header fields, response
status codes, and response header fields, along with the payload of
messages (metadata and body content) and mechanisms for content
negotiation.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC