Subject: RFC 7260 on GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7260

        Title:      GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Operations, 
                    Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Configuration 
        Author:     A. Takacs, D. Fedyk, J. He
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 58030
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-oam-configuration-fwk-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7260.txt

Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) is an integral part
of transport connections; hence, it is required that OAM functions be
activated/deactivated in sync with connection commissioning/
decommissioning, in order to avoid spurious alarms and
ensure consistent operation.  In certain technologies, OAM entities
are inherently established once the connection is set up, while other
technologies require extra configuration to establish and configure
OAM entities.  This document specifies extensions to Resource
Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) to support the
establishment and configuration of OAM entities along with Label
Switched Path signaling.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC