Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update-05.txt> (Updates to the IPv6 Multicast Addressing Architecture) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:45:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Updates to the IPv6 Multicast Addressing Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update-05.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates the IPv6 multicast addressing architecture by
   re-defining the reserved bits as generic flag bits.  The document
   provides also some clarifications related to the use of these flag
   bits.

   This document updates RFC 3956, RFC 3306 and RFC 4291.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.