Subject: RFC 7280 on IANA Guidance for Managing the Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) Next-Header Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:27:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7280

        Title:      IANA Guidance for Managing the 
                    Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) 
                    Next-Header Registry 
        Author:     G. Fairhurst
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14954
        Updates:    RFC 4326

        I-D Tag:    draft-fairhurst-ipdvb-ule-iana-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7280.txt

This document updates RFC 4326 to clarify and update the allocation
rules for the Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) Next-
Header registry.  This registry is used by ULE and Generic Stream
Encapsulation (GSE) to record the code points of Extension Headers
and protocols supported by these encapsulation protocols.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC