Subject: RFC 7251 on AES-CCM Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Cipher Suites for TLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7251

        Title:      AES-CCM Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) 
                    Cipher Suites for TLS 
        Author:     D. McGrew, D. Bailey,
                    M. Campagna, R. Dugal
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18851
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7251.txt

This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
in the Counter and CBC-MAC Mode (CCM) of operation within Transport
Layer Security (TLS) to provide confidentiality and data-origin
authentication.  The AES-CCM algorithm is amenable to compact
implementations, making it suitable for constrained environments,
while at the same time providing a high level of security.  The
cipher suites defined in this document use Elliptic Curve
Cryptography (ECC) and are advantageous in networks with limited
bandwidth.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC