Subject: RFC 7275 on Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol for Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) Provider Edge (PE) Redundancy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7275

        Title:      Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol for Layer 
                    2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) Provider 
                    Edge (PE) Redundancy 
        Author:     L. Martini, S. Salam,
                    A. Sajassi, M. Bocci,
                    S. Matsushima, T. Nadeau
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      83
        Characters: 172294
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7275.txt

This document specifies an Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol
(ICCP) that enables Provider Edge (PE) device redundancy for Virtual
Private Wire Service (VPWS) and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
applications.  The protocol runs within a set of two or more PEs,
forming a Redundancy Group, for the purpose of synchronizing data
among the systems.  It accommodates multi-chassis attachment circuit
redundancy mechanisms as well as pseudowire redundancy mechanisms.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC