Subject: Document Action: 'Automating DNSSEC Delegation Trust Maintenance' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-trust-maintainance-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:21:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Automating DNSSEC Delegation Trust Maintenance'
  (draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-trust-maintainance-14.txt) as
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Domain Name System Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-delegation-trust-maintainance/

Technical Summary

This document describes a method to allow DNS operators to more
easily update DNSSEC Key Signing Keys using the DNS as communication
channel.  The technique described is aimed at delegations in which it
is currently hard to move information from the child to parent.

Working Group Summary

During the cycle of this document, there was much discussion on this
method not being the only method to update this information. There 
was debate that the WG should wait to see what the Registrars will do
 in communicating with gTLDs.  There was rough consensus within the
 group, but also from the chairs, that each method can be described 
and documented in a RFC, if we felt the method would be deployed. 

There were many iterations during WGLC, but mostly surrounding the
wording, An additional Appendix section was added. 

Document Quality

The Document Shepherd did a thorough editorial and technical review 
of the document, and resolved any issues brought up during WGLC

The Document Shepherd does not have any concerns about the depth 
or breath of the reviews.  They were detailed and far ranging.

Personnel

Tim Wicinski is the Document Shepherd and Joel Jaeggli is the Responsible 
Area Director.