Subject: Protocol Action: 'Enhanced Route Refresh Capability for BGP-4' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-enhanced-route-refresh-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:18:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Enhanced Route Refresh Capability for BGP-4'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-enhanced-route-refresh-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-enhanced-route-refresh/

Technical Summary

   In this document we enhance the existing BGP route refresh mechanisms
   to provide for the demarcation of the beginning and the ending of a
   route refresh.  The enhancement can be used to facilitate correction
   of BGP RIB inconsistencies in a non-disruptive manner.

Working Group Summary

  WG discussion was extremely active and produced
 changes that were fed back into the implementations of
 3 router vendors. 

Document Quality

Debate provided good feedback and refinement for 3 implementations. 
2 Implementations (Cisco and NTT I3) are described the implementation report: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-enhanced-refresh-impl-00

Personnel

 Document shepherd: Susan Hares
Responsible AD: Alia Atlas

IANA Note

 IANA is requested to modify the name of a registry at http://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-parameters/
OLD: BGP Error Codes  
NEW: BGP Error (Notification) Codes