Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-07.txt> (An XMPP Sub-protocol for WebSocket) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:56:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Extensible Messaging and
Presence Protocol WG (xmpp) to consider the following document:
- 'An XMPP Sub-protocol for WebSocket'
  <draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a binding for the XMPP protocol over a
   WebSocket transport layer.  A WebSocket binding for XMPP provides
   higher performance than the current HTTP binding for XMPP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.