Subject: RFC 7212 on MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) Advertisement Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:25:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7212

        Title:      MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) 
                    Advertisement Protocol 
        Author:     D. Frost, S. Bryant, M. Bocci
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 52340
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-gach-adv-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7212.txt

The MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) provides an auxiliary
logical data channel associated with a Label Switched Path (LSP), a
pseudowire, or a section (link) over which a variety of protocols may
flow.  These protocols are commonly used to provide Operations,
Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) mechanisms associated with the
primary data channel.  This document specifies simple procedures by
which an endpoint of an LSP, pseudowire, or section may inform the
other endpoints of its capabilities and configuration parameters, or
other application-specific information.  This information may then be
used by the receiver to validate or adjust its local configuration,
and by the network operator for diagnostic purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC