Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-encrypt-then-mac-02.txt> (Encrypt-then-MAC for TLS and DTLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 07:52:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'Encrypt-then-MAC for TLS and DTLS'
  <draft-ietf-tls-encrypt-then-mac-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a means of negotiating the use of the
   encrypt-then-MAC security mechanism in place of TLS'/DTLS' existing
   MAC-then-encrypt one, which has been the subject of a number of
   security vulnerabilities over a period of many years.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-encrypt-then-mac/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-encrypt-then-mac/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

ID nits found an Obsolete normative reference: "RFC 4366 (ref. '3') 
(Obsoleted by RFC 5246, RFC 6066)" which will be replaced.