Subject: Protocol Action: 'URI Design and Ownership' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 08:59:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'URI Design and Ownership'
  (draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-05.txt) as Best Current
Practice

This document is the product of the Applications Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Barry Leiba and Pete Resnick.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn/

Technical Summary

The draft describes how URI structure is specified; specifically,
that standards SHOULD NOT specify structure in URIs (and why).
The intended status is BCP.  This document codifies what is best
practice, in part to help prevent (or aid in preventing) bad practices
that continue to emerge in this area.

Review and Consensus

This document has had positive feedback and strong support from the
working group.  A number of reviews from people in the web community
resulted in only minor additions.

Personnel

Who is the document shepherd? Martin Thomson
Who is the responsible Area Director? Barry Leiba