Subject: RFC 7263 on An Extension to the REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) Protocol to Support Direct Response Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:26:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7263

        Title:      An Extension to the REsource 
                    LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) Protocol to 
                    Support Direct Response Routing 
        Author:     N. Zong, X. Jiang,
                    R. Even, Y. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 42104
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-p2psip-drr-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7263.txt

This document defines an optional extension to the REsource LOcation
And Discovery (RELOAD) protocol to support the direct response
routing mode.  RELOAD recommends symmetric recursive routing for
routing messages.  The new optional extension provides a shorter
route for responses, thereby reducing overhead on intermediate peers.
This document also describes potential cases where this extension can
be used.

This document is a product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC