Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob-05.txt> (Problem Statement and Goals for Active-Active TRILL Edge) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:17:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Goals for Active-Active TRILL Edge'
  <draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob-05.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides support for flow level multi-pathing with rapid
   failover for both unicast and multi-destination traffic in networks
   with arbitrary topology. Active-active at the TRILL edge is the
   extension of these characteristics to end stations that are multiply
   connected to a TRILL campus. This informational document discusses
   the high level problems and goals when providing active-active
   connection at the TRILL edge.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.