Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-21.txt> (A Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal Mechanism for Media Controlled by Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 17:28:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'A Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal Mechanism for Media
   Controlled by Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-21.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a solution for Network Address Translation
   (NAT) traversal for datagram based media streams set up and
   controlled with Real-time Streaming Protocol version 2 (RTSP 2.0).
   It uses Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) adapted to use
   RTSP as a signalling channel, defining the necessary RTSP extensions
   and procedures.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.