Subject: Document Action: 'PCE-based Computation Procedure To Compute Shortest Constrained P2MP Inter-domain Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 06:58:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PCE-based Computation Procedure To Compute Shortest Constrained P2MP
   Inter-domain Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths'
  (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures-08.txt) as
Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures/

Technical Summary

   The ability to compute paths for constrained point-to-multipoint 
   (P2MP) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs) across
   multiple domains has been identified as a key requirement for the
   deployment of P2MP services in MPLS and GMPLS-controlled networks. 
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) has been recognized as an 
   appropriate technology for the determination of inter-domain paths of
   P2MP TE LSPs.

   This document describes an experiment to provide procedures and 
   extensions to the PCE communication Protocol (PCEP) for the 
   computation of inter-domain paths for P2MP TE LSPs.

Working Group Summary

   No controversy. Two proposals came out as individual submissions and got
   merged before moving to WG I-D.

Document Quality

   There are existing prototype implementations, but no plans to include the
   protocol in product. Hence experimental.

Personnel

   Julien Meuric is the Document Shepherd
   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director