Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-smp-requirements-05.txt> (Requirements for MPLS-TP Shared Mesh Protection) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 07:10:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for MPLS-TP Shared Mesh Protection'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-smp-requirements-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents the basic network objectives for the behavior
   of shared mesh protection (SMP) which are not based on control plane
   support. This is an expansion of the basic requirements presented in
   RFC 5654 "Requirements for the Transport Profile of MPLS" and RFC
   6372 "MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Survivability Framework".
   This document is to be used as a basis for the definition of any
   mechanism that would be used to implement SMP for MPLS-TP data paths,
   in networks that delegate executive action for resiliency to the data
   plane.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-smp-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-smp-requirements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.