Subject: Protocol Action: 'GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Ethernet OAM Configuration' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:20:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Ethernet OAM Configuration'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-eth-oam-ext/

Technical Summary

   The GMPLS controlled Ethernet Label Switching (GELS) work extended
   GMPLS RSVP-TE to support the establishment of Ethernet LSPs.  IEEE
   Ethernet Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) specifies an adjunct OAM
   flow to check connectivity in Ethernet networks.  CFM can be also
   used with Ethernet LSPs for fault detection and triggering recovery
   mechanisms.  The ITU-T Y.1731 specification builds on CFM and
   specifies additional OAM mechanisms, including Performance
   Monitoring, for Ethernet networks.  This document specifies
   extensions of GMPLS RSVP-TE protocol to support the setup of the
   associated Ethernet OAM entities of Ethernet LSPs, and defines the
   Ethernet technology specific TLVs based on the GMPLS OAM
   Configuration Framework.  This document supports, but does not
   modify, the IEEE and ITU-T OAM mechanisms.

Working Group Summary

  No issues. Good support by the Working Group.

Document Quality

  There have been no public statements of implementation, though 
  significant interest was expressed by the Working Group.

  Further research indicted that there had been two prototypes done 
  in vendor labs based on earlier versions of the I-D.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard is the Document Shepherd. 
   Adrian Farrel is the Area Director.