Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-email-auth-codes-04.txt> (Email Authentication Status Codes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:16:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Email Authentication Status Codes'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-email-auth-codes-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There is at present no way to return a status code to an email client
   that indicates a message is being rejected or deferred specifically
   because of email authentication failures.  This document registers
   codes for this purpose.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-email-auth-codes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-email-auth-codes/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.