Subject: Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt> (Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 08:09:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time'
  <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo defines the term "opportunistic security".  In contrast to
   the established approach of delivering strong protection some of the
   time, opportunistic security strives to deliver at least some
   protection most of the time.  The primary goal is therefore broad
   interoperability, with security policy tailored to the capabilities
   of peer systems.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

This document and a predecessor have been the subject of discussion 
on the saag mailing list. [1]

    [1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/maillist.html