Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-21.txt> (Group Communication for CoAP) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:39:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments
WG (core) to consider the following document:
- 'Group Communication for CoAP'
  <draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-21.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   CoAP is a specialized web transfer protocol for constrained devices
   and constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.