Subject: RFC 7304 on A Method for Mitigating Namespace Collisions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 12:47:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7304

        Title:      A Method for Mitigating Namespace Collisions 
        Author:     W. Kumari
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6626
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wkumari-dnsop-defense-collision-mitigate-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7304.txt

This document outlines a possible, but not recommended, method to
mitigate the effect of collisions in the DNS namespace by providing a
means for end users to disambiguate the conflict.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC