Subject: RFC 7297 on IP Connectivity Provisioning Profile (CPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 18:26:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7297

        Title:      IP Connectivity Provisioning Profile (CPP) 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, C. Jacquenet, N. Wang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 48281
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-boucadair-connectivity-provisioning-profile-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7297.txt

This document describes the Connectivity Provisioning Profile (CPP)
and proposes a CPP template to capture IP/MPLS connectivity
requirements to be met within a service delivery context (e.g., Voice
over IP or IP TV).  The CPP defines the set of IP transfer parameters
to be supported by the underlying transport network together with a
reachability scope and bandwidth/capacity needs.  Appropriate
performance metrics, such as one-way delay or one-way delay
variation, are used to characterize an IP transfer service.  Both
global and restricted reachability scopes can be captured in the CPP.

Such a generic CPP template is meant to (1) facilitate the automation
of the service negotiation and activation procedures, thus
accelerating service provisioning, (2) set (traffic) objectives of
Traffic Engineering functions and service management functions, and
(3) improve service and network management systems with 'decision-
making' capabilities based upon negotiated/offered CPPs.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC