Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry-03.txt> (IANA registry for PMSI Tunnel Type code points) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 06:53:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
WG (l3vpn) to consider the following document:
- 'IANA registry for PMSI Tunnel Type code points'
  <draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-09. This last call period has been
extended to allow for the IETF-90 meeting. Exceptionally, comments
may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 6514 created a space of Tunnel Type code points for a new BGP
   attribute called the "P-Multicast Service Interface Tunnel (PMSI
   Tunnel) attribute".  However the RFC did not create an IANA registry
   for these.

   There now is need to make further code point allocations from this
   name space.  This document serves to update RFC 65124 in that it
   creates an IANA registry for that purpose.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.