Subject: RFC 7283 on Handling Unknown DHCPv6 Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:38:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7283

        Title:      Handling Unknown DHCPv6 Messages 
        Author:     Y. Cui,
                    Q. Sun,
                    T. Lemon
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13021
        Updates:    RFC 3315

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7283.txt

DHCPv6 is not specific about handling messages with unknown types.
This memo describes the problems associated with receiving DHCPv6
messages with unknown types, and defines how a DHCPv6 server, client,
or relay agent should behave when receiving unknown DHCPv6 messages.
This document also provides advice for authors of future documents
that define new messages to be sent from DHCP servers to DHCP relay
agents.  This document updates RFC 3315.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC