Subject: Last Call: <draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth-06.txt> (Signature Authentication in IKEv2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:11:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'Signature Authentication in IKEv2'
  <draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) protocol has limited
   support for the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).
   The current version only includes support for three Elliptic Curve
   groups, and there is a fixed hash algorithm tied to each group.  This
   document generalizes IKEv2 signature support to allow any signature
   method supported by the PKIX and also adds signature hash algorithm
   negotiation.  This is a generic mechanism, and is not limited to
   ECDSA, but can also be used with other signature algorithms.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

This draft updates RFC5996, however RFC5996 is in process of being updated in RFC5996-bis and will likely be published before this draft.  Each mention of RFC5996 should be replaced with the new RFC number for RFC5996-bis once a number has been assigned.