Subject: RFC 7308 on Extended Administrative Groups in MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7308

        Title:      Extended Administrative Groups in MPLS 
                    Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) 
        Author:     E. Osborne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    none
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14811
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7308.txt

MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) advertises 32 administrative groups
(commonly referred to as "colors" or "link colors") using the
Administrative Group sub-TLV.  This is defined for OSPFv2 (RFC 3630),
OSPFv3 (RFC 5329) and IS-IS (RFC 5305).

This document adds a sub-TLV to the IGP TE extensions, "Extended
Administrative Group".  This sub-TLV provides for additional
administrative groups (link colors) beyond the current limit of 32.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC