Subject: RFC 7305 on Report from the IAB Workshop on Internet Technology Adoption and Transition (ITAT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7305

        Title:      Report from the IAB Workshop 
                    on Internet Technology Adoption and Transition 
                    (ITAT) 
        Author:     E. Lear, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37799
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-itat-report-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7305.txt

This document provides an overview of a workshop held by the Internet
Architecture Board (IAB) on Internet Technology Adoption and
Transition (ITAT).  The workshop was hosted by the University of
Cambridge on December 4th and 5th of 2013 in Cambridge, UK.  The goal
of the workshop was to facilitate adoption of Internet protocols,
through examination of a variety of economic models, with particular
emphasis at the waist of the hourglass (e.g., the middle of the
protocol stack).  This report summarizes contributions and
discussions.  As the topics were wide ranging, there is no single set
of recommendations for IETF participants to pursue at this time.
Instead, in the classic sense of early research, the workshop noted
areas that deserve further exploration.

Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
those of the workshop participants and do not necessarily reflect IAB
views and positions.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC