Subject: BCP 6, RFC 7300 on Reservation of Last Autonomous System (AS) Numbers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 12:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 6        
        RFC 7300

        Title:      Reservation of Last Autonomous System 
                    (AS) Numbers 
        Author:     J. Haas, J. Mitchell
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 7952
        Updates:    RFC 1930
        See Also:   BCP 6

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7300.txt

This document reserves two Autonomous System Numbers (ASNs) at the
end of the 16-bit and 32-bit ranges, described in this document as
"Last ASNs", and provides guidance to implementers and operators on
their use.  This document updates Section 10 of RFC 1930.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC