Subject: RFC 7301 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:13:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7301

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Application-Layer 
                    Protocol Negotiation Extension 
        Author:     S. Friedl, A. Popov,
                    A. Langley, E. Stephan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17439
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7301.txt

This document describes a Transport Layer Security (TLS) extension
for application-layer protocol negotiation within the TLS handshake.
For instances in which multiple application protocols are supported
on the same TCP or UDP port, this extension allows the application
layer to negotiate which protocol will be used within the TLS
connection.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC