Subject: RFC 7314 on Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS) EXPIRE Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:17:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7314

        Title:      Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS) 
                    EXPIRE Option 
        Author:     M. Andrews
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 8473
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-andrews-dnsext-expire-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7314.txt

This document specifies a method for secondary DNS servers to honour
the SOA EXPIRE field as if they were always transferring from the
primary, even when using other secondaries to perform indirect
transfers and refresh queries.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC