Subject: Document Action: 'Framework for DC Network Virtualization' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-nvo3-framework-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 09:28:20 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for DC Network Virtualization'
  (draft-ietf-nvo3-framework-09.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network Virtualization Overlays
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-framework/

Technical Summary

This document provides a framework for Network Virtualization over
L3 (NVO3) and it defines a reference model along with logical
components required to design a solution.

Working Group Summary

   The document is one of the base documents chartered for the NVO3 working group.
   The first version of the draft was introduced at the time of the WG forming BoF for
   NVO3, as a way to provide network architecture context to the design of a multi-tenant
   data centre, for example in defining the terminology and functional blocks that are
   required. There has been nothing unusual or particularly controversial about the
   working group process for the draft.
      
   There are no IPR declarations on the draft.

Document Quality

      I have no concerns about the quality of the document. I believe it represents 
   WG consensus, and it has been widely reviewed and discussed on the list since 
   formation of the NVO3 working group.

   The document does not specify any MIB changes or additions which would need
   review.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Matthew Bocci ([email-masked]).
   The responsible Area Director is Alia Atlas