Subject: RFC 7290 on Test Plan and Results for Advancing RFC 2680 on the Standards Track

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:45:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7290

        Title:      Test Plan and Results for 
                    Advancing RFC 2680 on the Standards 
                    Track 
        Author:     L. Ciavattone, R. Geib,
                    A. Morton, M. Wieser
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 59898
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7290.txt

This memo provides the supporting test plan and results to advance
RFC 2680, a performance metric RFC defining one-way packet loss
metrics, along the Standards Track.  Observing that the metric
definitions themselves should be the primary focus rather than the
implementations of metrics, this memo describes the test procedures
to evaluate specific metric requirement clauses to determine if the
requirement has been interpreted and implemented as intended.  Two
completely independent implementations have been tested against the
key specifications of RFC 2680.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC