Subject: Last Call: <draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-10.txt> (TFTP Windowsize Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 09:34:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'TFTP Windowsize Option'
  <draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Trivial File Transfer Protocol [1] is a simple, lock-step, file
   transfer protocol which allows a client to get or put a file onto a
   remote host. One of its primary uses is the early stages of nodes 
   booting from a Local Area Network. TFTP has been always used because
   it is very simple to implement. However, the choice of a lock-step
   schema is not the most efficient for use on a LAN.

   This document describes a TFTP option which allows the client and
   server to negotiate a windowsize of consecutive blocks to send 
   as an alternative for replacing the single block lock-step schema. 
   The TFTP Option Extension mechanism is described in [2].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.