Subject: RFC 7298 on Babel Hashed Message Authentication Code (HMAC) Cryptographic Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:13:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7298

        Title:      Babel Hashed Message Authentication Code 
                    (HMAC) Cryptographic Authentication 
        Author:     D. Ovsienko
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 128503
        Updates:    RFC 6126

        I-D Tag:    draft-ovsienko-babel-hmac-authentication-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7298.txt

This document describes a cryptographic authentication mechanism for
the Babel routing protocol.  This document updates RFC 6126.  The
mechanism allocates two new TLV types for the authentication data,
uses Hashed Message Authentication Code (HMAC), and is both optional
and backward compatible.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC