Subject: Experiment to make formal IESG telechats public

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:12:17 -0700

The IESG will be trying an experiment, wherein all members of the
community are welcome to attend formal IESG telechats as observers.
The agenda for the upcoming telechat can be found at
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/agenda/>. The experiment will run
as follows:

1. All formal telechats in September and October, 2014, will be
public. The dates are 4 and 18 September, and 2, 16, and 30 October.  
Telechats begin at 0830 PDT (1530 UTC).  The agenda and dial-in 
information will be sent out one week prior to each telechat.

2. Observers are asked to join the call early to minimize disruption,
and to identify themselves to the Secretariat when they join. The
names of the identified observers will be part of the minutes.

3. The IESG Secretary will mute the observers, and will make an
announcement at the beginning of the meeting asking them to remain
muted. Observers are not invited to participate in the discussion.

4. The meeting chair (the IETF Chair or his delegate) reserves the
option to remove disruptive observers from the telechat, or to ask all
observers to leave if the IESG needs to discuss something privately;
such actions will be part of the minutes.

5. The IETF Chair will report results to the community at the IETF 91 
plenary.