Subject: RFC 7332 on Loop Detection Mechanisms for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:34:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7332

        Title:      Loop Detection Mechanisms for Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                    Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) 
        Author:     H. Kaplan, V. Pascual
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 11157
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-loop-detection-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7332.txt

SIP Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) can cause unending SIP request
routing loops because, as User Agent Clients, they can generate SIP
requests with new Max-Forwards values.  This document discusses the
difficulties associated with loop detection for B2BUAs and the
requirements for them to prevent infinite loops.

This document is a product of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC