Subject: RFC 7349 on LDP Hello Cryptographic Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7349

        Title:      LDP Hello Cryptographic Authentication 
        Author:     L. Zheng, M. Chen, M. Bhatia
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32447
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7349.txt

This document introduces a new optional Cryptographic Authentication
TLV that LDP can use to secure its Hello messages.  It secures the
Hello messages against spoofing attacks and some well-known attacks
against the IP header.  This document describes a mechanism to secure
the LDP Hello messages using Hashed Message Authentication Code
(HMAC) with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Secure Hash Standard family of algorithms.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC