Subject: RFC 7337 on Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:35:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7337

        Title:      Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) 
                    Requirements 
        Author:     K. Leung, Ed.,
                    Y. Lee, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 55208
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cdni-requirements-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7337.txt

Content delivery is frequently provided by specifically architected
and provisioned Content Delivery Networks (CDNs).  As a result of
significant growth in content delivered over IP networks, existing
CDN providers are scaling up their infrastructure.  Many Network
Service Providers (NSPs) and Enterprise Service Providers (ESPs) are
also deploying their own CDNs.  To deliver contents from the Content
Service Provider (CSP) to end users, the contents may traverse across
multiple CDNs.  This creates a need for interconnecting (previously)
standalone CDNs so that they can collectively act as a single
delivery platform from the CSP to the end users.

The goal of the present document is to outline the requirements for
the solution and interfaces to be specified by the CDNI working
group.

This document is a product of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC