Subject: RFC 7333 on Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7333

        Title:      Requirements for Distributed Mobility Management 
        Author:     H. Chan, Ed.,
                    D. Liu, P. Seite,
                    H. Yokota, J. Korhonen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 50110
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7333.txt

This document defines the requirements for Distributed Mobility
Management (DMM) at the network layer.  The hierarchical structure in
traditional wireless networks has led primarily to centrally deployed
mobility anchors.  As some wireless networks are evolving away from
the hierarchical structure, it can be useful to have a distributed
model for mobility management in which traffic does not need to
traverse centrally deployed mobility anchors far from the optimal
route.  The motivation and the problems addressed by each requirement
are also described.

This document is a product of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC