Subject: RFC 7334 on PCE-Based Computation Procedure to Compute Shortest Constrained Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Inter-Domain Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:06:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7334

        Title:      PCE-Based Computation Procedure to Compute 
                    Shortest Constrained Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP)
                    Inter-Domain Traffic Engineering Label 
                    Switched Paths 
        Author:     Q. Zhao, D. Dhody,
                    D. King, Z. Ali, R. Casellas
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 48897
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7334.txt

The ability to compute paths for constrained point-to-multipoint
(P2MP) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs) across
multiple domains has been identified as a key requirement for the
deployment of P2MP services in MPLS- and GMPLS-controlled networks.
The Path Computation Element (PCE) has been recognized as an
appropriate technology for the determination of inter-domain paths of
P2MP TE LSPs.

This document describes an experiment to provide procedures and
extensions to the PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) for the
computation of inter-domain paths for P2MP TE LSPs.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC