Subject: Protocol Action: 'Service Discovery Usage for REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-p2psip-service-discovery-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:12:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Service Discovery Usage for REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)'
  (draft-ietf-p2psip-service-discovery-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alissa Cooper and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-service-discovery/

Technical Summary:

The document defines how to apply the Recursive Distributed Rendezvous (ReDiR)
service discovery mechanism used in OpenDHT in RELOAD to provide a generic
service discovery mechanism. ReDiR implements service discovery by building a
tree structure of the service providers that provide a particular service. The
tree structure is stored into the RELOAD Overlay Instance using RELOAD Store
and Fetch requests.

Working Group Summary:

The normal WG process was followed and the document has been discussed for
several years. The document as it is now, reflects WG consensus, with nothing
special worth noting.

Document Quality:

The document was thoroughly reviewed by Marc Petit-Huguenin and Carlos J.
Bernardos. Joscha Schneider also reviewed it by doing a basic implementation of
the mechanism described in the document.

Personnel:

The Document Shepherd is Carlos J. Bernardos. The Responsible Area 
Director is Alissa Cooper.