Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-11.txt> (WebRTC Data Channels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 14:21:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document:
- 'WebRTC Data Channels'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The WebRTC framework specifies protocol support for direct
   interactive rich communication using audio, video, and data between
   two peers' web-browsers.  This document specifies the non-media data
   transport aspects of the WebRTC framework.  It provides an
   architectural overview of how the Stream Control Transmission
   Protocol (SCTP) is used in the WebRTC context as a generic transport
   service allowing WEB-browsers to exchange generic data from peer to
   peer.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.