Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-09.txt> (A Security Threat Analysis for Routing Protocol for Low-power and lossy networks (RPL)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:03:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'A Security Threat Analysis for Routing Protocol for Low-power and
   lossy networks (RPL)'
  <draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a security threat analysis for the Routing
   Protocol for Low-power and lossy networks (RPL, ROLL).  The
   development builds upon previous work on routing security and adapts
   the assessments to the issues and constraints specific to low-power
   and lossy networks.  A systematic approach is used in defining and
   evaluating the security threats.  Applicable countermeasures are
   application specific and are addressed in relevant applicability
   statements.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-threats/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-threats/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.