Subject: RFC 7329 on A Session Identifier for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:38:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7329

        Title:      A Session Identifier for the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     H. Kaplan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 39057
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7329.txt

There is a need for having a globally unique session identifier for
the same SIP session that can be consistently maintained across
SIP Proxies, Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs), and other SIP
middleboxes, for the purpose of troubleshooting.  This document
proposes a new SIP header to carry such a value: Session-ID.

The mechanism defined in this document has been widely deployed, and
is being followed in a backward-compatible fashion for a new Standards
Track document produced by the INSIPID Working Group.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC