Subject: RFC 7350 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as Transport for Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7350

        Title:      Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
                    as Transport for Session Traversal Utilities 
                    for NAT (STUN) 
        Author:     M. Petit-Huguenin, G. Salgueiro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 27599
        Updates:    RFC 5389, RFC 5928

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7350.txt

This document specifies the usage of Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) as a transport protocol for Session Traversal
Utilities for NAT (STUN).  It provides guidance on when and how to
use DTLS with the currently standardized STUN usages.  It also
specifies modifications to the STUN and Traversal Using Relay NAT
(TURN) URIs and to the TURN resolution mechanism to facilitate the
resolution of STUN and TURN URIs into the IP address and port of STUN
and TURN servers supporting DTLS as a transport protocol.  This
document updates RFCs 5389 and 5928.

This document is a product of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC