Subject: RFC 7341 on DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 (DHCP 4o6) Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:37:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7341

        Title:      DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 (DHCP 4o6) Transport 
        Author:     Q. Sun, Y. Cui,
                    M. Siodelski, S. Krishnan, I. Farrer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35599
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7341.txt

IPv4 connectivity is still needed as networks migrate towards IPv6.
Users require IPv4 configuration even if the uplink to their service
provider supports IPv6 only.  This document describes a mechanism for
obtaining IPv4 configuration information dynamically in IPv6 networks
by carrying DHCPv4 messages over DHCPv6 transport.  Two new DHCPv6
messages and two new DHCPv6 options are defined for this purpose.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC