Subject: RFC 7328 on Writing I-Ds and RFCs Using Pandoc and a Bit of XM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7328

        Title:      Writing I-Ds and RFCs Using 
                    Pandoc and a Bit of XM 
        Author:     R. Gieben
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17590
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gieben-pandoc2rfc-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7328.txt

This document presents a technique for using a Markdown syntax
variant, called Pandoc, and a bit of XML (as defined in RFC 2629) as
a source format for documents that are Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) or
RFCs.

The goal of this technique (which is called Pandoc2rfc) is to let an
author of an I-D focus on the main body of text without being
distracted too much by XML tags; however, it does not alleviate the
need to typeset some files in XML.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC