Subject: RFC 7336 on Framework for Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:34:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7336

        Title:      Framework for Content Distribution Network 
                    Interconnection (CDNI) 
        Author:     L. Peterson,
                    B. Davie,
                    R. van Brandenburg, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      58
        Characters: 145294
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3466

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cdni-framework-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7336.txt

This document presents a framework for Content Distribution Network
Interconnection (CDNI).  The purpose of the framework is to provide
an overall picture of the problem space of CDNI and to describe the
relationships among the various components necessary to interconnect
CDNs.  CDNI requires the specification of interfaces and mechanisms
to address issues such as request routing, distribution metadata
exchange, and logging information exchange across CDNs.  The intent
of this document is to outline what each interface needs to
accomplish and to describe how these interfaces and mechanisms fit
together, while leaving their detailed specification to other
documents.  This document, in combination with RFC 6707, obsoletes
RFC 3466.

This document is a product of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC