Subject: Document Action: 'Trustworthy Location' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:47:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Trustworthy Location'
  (draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location-14.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Emergency Context Resolution with
Internet Technologies Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alissa Cooper and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-trustworthy-location/

Technical Summary

[Abstract]
   For some location-based applications, such as emergency calling or
   roadside assistance, the trustworthiness of location information is
   critically important.

   This document describes how to convey location in a manner that is
   inherently secure and reliable.  It also provides guidelines for
   assessing the trustworthiness of location information.

Working Group Summary

  There was healthy work group participation in compiling the details 
  that make up the guidelines within the draft.  There were no 
  significant controversies noted on the list, and all dialogues were 
  efficiently attended to with during the development stage. A successful 
  development progression is documented in the ECRIT wg minutes and in 
  email list archives.

Document Quality

  No existing implementations are known to exist.  There have been 
  several vendors that have been involved in the development and 
  review of the document.

Personnel

  Document shepherd is Roger Marshall.
  Area Director is Alissa Cooper.