Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definition of Managed Objects for the Manet Simplified Multicast Framework Relay Set Process' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-smf-mib-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 05:55:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definition of Managed Objects for the Manet Simplified Multicast
   Framework Relay Set Process'
  (draft-ietf-manet-smf-mib-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-smf-mib/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a portion of the Management Information
   Base (MIB) for use with the Simplified Multicast Framework (SMF)
   RFC6621 developed in the MANET working group.

Working Group Summary

   The process for reaching working group consensus on this was
   smooth; no controversy existed. Working group consensus
   behind the document is solid. 

Document Quality

   This document shepherd is not aware of existing implementations
   of this MIB module; although a joint development is underway
   between the US Naval Research laboratory and the US Army 
   CERDEC organizations.

   MIB doctor review during IETF last call resulted in considerable
   discussion and document revision. The version entering IESG 
   evaluation is believed to address all issues needing change 
   although there was one issue where the authors believe the MIB
   Doctor is advocating a different approach rather than stating
   something that needs to be changed.

Personnel

   Stan Ratliff ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) the Responsible AD