Subject: RFC 7194 on Default Port for Internet Relay Chat (IRC) via TLS/SSL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 12:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7194

        Title:      Default Port for Internet Relay 
                    Chat (IRC) via TLS/SSL 
        Author:     R. Hartmann
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 9497
        Updates:    RFC 1459

        I-D Tag:    draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7194.txt

This document describes the commonly accepted practice of listening on
TCP port 6697 for incoming Internet Relay Chat (IRC) connections encrypted
via TLS/SSL.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC