Subject: RFC 7353 on Security Requirements for BGP Path Validation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:41:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7353

        Title:      Security Requirements for BGP Path 
                    Validation 
        Author:     S. Bellovin, R. Bush, D. Ward
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18148
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-reqs-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7353.txt

This document describes requirements for a BGP security protocol
design to provide cryptographic assurance that the origin Autonomous
System (AS) has the right to announce the prefix and to provide
assurance of the AS Path of the announcement.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC