Subject: RFC 7348 on Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN): A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:22:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7348

        Title:      Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network 
                    (VXLAN): A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized 
                    Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 
                    Networks 
        Author:     M. Mahalingam, D. Dutt,
                    K. Duda, P. Agarwal,
                    L. Kreeger, T. Sridhar,
                    M. Bursell, C. Wright
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 49406
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mahalingam-dutt-dcops-vxlan-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7348.txt

This document describes Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network
(VXLAN), which is used to address the need for overlay networks
within virtualized data centers accommodating multiple tenants.  The
scheme and the related protocols can be used in networks for cloud service
providers and enterprise data centers.  This memo documents the
deployed VXLAN protocol for the benefit of the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC