Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA registry for PMSI Tunnel Type code points' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 07:03:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA registry for PMSI Tunnel Type code points'
  (draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry/

Technical Summary

   RFC 6514 created a space of Tunnel Type code points for a new BGP
   attribute called the "P-Multicast Service Interface Tunnel (PMSI
   Tunnel) attribute".  However the RFC did not create an IANA registry
   for these.

   There now is need to make further code point allocations from this
   name space.  This document serves to create an IANA registry for that
   purpose.

Working Group Summary

  The L3VPN, MPLS and IDR Chairs agreed to make the first version of this
  Document a WG Document. Revision 02 was then Last Called in the 3 WGs.
  No controversy related to that document nor to the way it was processed.

Document Quality

  This document only asks for the creation of a registry by the IANA.
  It is short, well written and has no further implication.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux, L3VPN co-chair is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible (Routing) Area Director