Subject: RFC 7347 on Pre-standard Linear Protection Switching in MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7347

        Title:      Pre-standard Linear Protection Switching in 
                    MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) 
        Author:     H. van Helvoort, Ed.,
                    J. Ryoo, Ed.,
                    H. Zhang, F. Huang,
                    H. Li, A. D'Alessandro
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 70158
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7347.txt

The IETF Standards Track solution for MPLS Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP) Linear Protection is provided in RFCs 6378, 7271, and 7324.

This document describes the pre-standard implementation of MPLS-TP
Linear Protection that has been deployed by several network operators
using equipment from multiple vendors.  At the time of publication,
these pre-standard implementations were still in operation carrying
live traffic.

The specified mechanism supports 1+1 unidirectional/bidirectional
protection switching and 1:1 bidirectional protection switching.  It
is purely supported by the MPLS-TP data plane and can work without
any control plane.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC