Subject: Document Action: 'Group Communication for CoAP' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-25.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 13:49:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Group Communication for CoAP'
  (draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-25.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Barry Leiba and Pete Resnick.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/

Technical Summary

This document provides (Informational) illustration and guidance on
how to use the CoAP protocol (RFC 7252) in a group communication
context, including the use of IP multicast.
(The functionality for this is provided in the base specification, but
with very little guidance on good ways to use it.)

Review and Consensus

The document was developed along with the base CoAP specification and
received review by a number of active WG members and implementers.
It is not easy to obtain extensive review of informational documents
from the community, but the shepherd is convinced that we have enough
WG-level review for publication as an Informational document.
Wider review (e.g., directorate reviews) has not yet been taken place.

Messages have been sent to [email-masked] for core.gp and
[email-masked] for coap-group+json; the intention is that this
processing can go on in parallel.

Personnel

Carsten Bormann is the document shepherd.
Barry Leiba is the responsible Area Director.