Subject: RFC Editor Website Revamp SOW for Community Input

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 18:17:54 -0700

The IAOC intends to seek bids for a project to revamp the RFC Editor Website and desires community 
input on a draft Statement of Work.  The SOW is located here:   <http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html>.

The community comment period ends 21 September 2014.  The IAOC will consider all comments 
received during this period.

Overview

The website revamp project will update the public-facing website for the RFC Editor 
(http://www.rfc-editor.org), providing a "front door" to the RFC Series and a more easily maintained 
presence to the community. The RFC Editor website needs provide an easy and accessible interface 
to the RFC Series. 

In addition to migrating the static content, the various PHP scripts used on the existing site need 
to be migrated into the WordPress framework.  Internally, the static content will be held in a content 
management system (again, WordPress), which aids in maintaining the content and creating a 
cohesive site.  The scripts that create dynamic content will be reorganized, which makes the site 
more secure and portable for the long term.  There will be an internal cleanup that removes 
deprecated content from the site.  This work has already started within the RFC Production Center.

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may be used in the 
development of the SOW.

Thanks for your continuing advice and support.

Ray Pelletier 
IETF Administrative Director