Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization-02.txt> (ForCES Packet Parallelization) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:34:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation WG (forces) to consider the following document:
- 'ForCES Packet Parallelization'
  <draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
   architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
   information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
   plane in a ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  RFC5812 has defined
   the ForCES Model provides a formal way to represent the capabilities,
   state, and configuration of forwarding elements within the context of
   the ForCES protocol (RFC 5810), so that control elements (CEs) can
   control the FEs accordingly.  More specifically, the model describes
   the logical functions that are present in an FE, what capabilities
   these functions support, and how these functions are or can be
   interconnected.

   Many network devices support parallel packet processing.  This
   document describes how ForCES can model a network device's
   parallelization datapath.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2329/