Subject: RFC 7376 on Problems with Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Long-Term Authentication for Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:11:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7376

        Title:      Problems with Session Traversal Utilities 
                    for NAT (STUN) Long-Term Authentication for 
                    Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) 
        Author:     T. Reddy, R. Ravindranath,
                    M. Perumal, A. Yegin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16447
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tram-auth-problems-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7376.txt

This document discusses some of the security problems and practical
problems with the current Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
authentication for Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) messages.

This document is a product of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC