Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-33.txt> (Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:48:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-33.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Network File System (NFS) version 4 is a distributed file system
   protocol which builds on the heritage of NFS protocol version 2, RFC
   1094, and version 3, RFC 1813.  Unlike earlier versions, the NFS
   version 4 protocol supports traditional file access while integrating
   support for file locking and the mount protocol.  In addition,
   support for strong security (and its negotiation), compound
   operations, client caching, and internationalization have been added.
   Of course, attention has been applied to making NFS version 4 operate
   well in an Internet environment.

   This document, together with the companion XDR description document,
   RFCNFSv4XDR, obsoletes RFC 3530 as the definition of the NFS version
   4 protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1960/