Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-uta-tls-attacks-04.txt> (Summarizing Current Attacks on TLS and DTLS) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 07:22:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Using TLS in Applications WG
(uta) to consider the following document:
- 'Summarizing Current Attacks on TLS and DTLS'
  <draft-ietf-uta-tls-attacks-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Over the last few years there have been several serious attacks on
   TLS, including attacks on its most commonly used ciphers and modes of
   operation.  This document summarizes these attacks, with the goal of
   motivating generic and protocol-specific recommendations on the usage
   of TLS and DTLS.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-tls-attacks/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-tls-attacks/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.