Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty-03.txt> (Representation of Uncertainty and Confidence in PIDF-LO) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:34:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Representation of Uncertainty and Confidence in PIDF-LO'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The key concepts of uncertainty and confidence as they pertain to
   location information are defined.  Methods for the manipulation of
   location estimates that include uncertainty information are outlined.

   This draft normatively updates the definition of location information
   representations defined in RFC 4119 and RFC 5491.  It also deprecates
   related terminology defined in RFC 3693.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.