Subject: RFC 7371 on Updates to the IPv6 Multicast Addressing Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7371

        Title:      Updates to the IPv6 Multicast 
                    Addressing Architecture 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, S. Venaas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18327
        Updates:    RFC 3306, RFC 3956, RFC 4291

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7371.txt

This document updates the IPv6 multicast addressing architecture by
redefining the reserved bits as generic flag bits.  The document also
provides some clarifications related to the use of these flag bits.

This document updates RFCs 3956, 3306, and 4291.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC