Subject: RFC 7372 on Email Authentication Status Codes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7372

        Title:      Email Authentication Status Codes 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14224
        Updates:    RFC 7208

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-email-auth-codes-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7372.txt

This document registers code points to allow status codes to be
returned to an email client to indicate that a message is being
rejected or deferred specifically because of email authentication
failures.

This document updates RFC 7208, since some of the code points
registered replace the ones recommended for use in that document.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC