Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases-04.txt> (Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:47:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Large-Scale Measurement of
Broadband Performance WG (lmap) to consider the following document:
- 'Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases'
  <draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Measuring broadband performance on a large scale is important for
   network diagnostics by providers and users, as well as for public
   policy.  Understanding the various scenarios and users of measuring
   broadband performance is essential to development of the Large-scale
   Measurement of Broadband Performance (LMAP) framework, information
   model and protocol. This document details two use cases that can
   assist to developing that framework.  The details of the measurement
   metrics themselves are beyond the scope of this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.