Subject: RFC 7352 on Sieve Email Filtering: Detecting Duplicate Deliveries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:23:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7352

        Title:      Sieve Email Filtering: Detecting Duplicate 
                    Deliveries 
        Author:     S. Bosch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31191
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-sieve-duplicate-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7352.txt

This document defines a new test command, "duplicate", for the Sieve
email filtering language.  This test adds the ability to detect
duplications.  The main application for this new test is handling
duplicate deliveries commonly caused by mailing list subscriptions or
redirected mail addresses.  The detection is normally performed by
matching the message ID to an internal list of message IDs from
previously delivered messages.  For more complex applications, the
"duplicate" test can also use the content of a specific header field
or other parts of the message.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC