Subject: Protocol Action: '6LoWPAN Generic Compression of Headers and Header-like Payloads (GHC)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6lo-ghc-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:58:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- '6LoWPAN Generic Compression of Headers and Header-like Payloads (GHC)'
  (draft-ietf-6lo-ghc-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ghc/

Technical Summary:

        This short specification provides a simple addition to 6LoWPAN Header
        Compression that enables the compression of generic headers and
        header-like payloads, without a need to define a new header
        compression scheme for each new such header or header-like payload.

Working Group Summary:

        There were no particular points of contention in the WG process, and the
        consensus behind publication of this document as a Standards Track RFC
        appears solid.

Document Quality:

        There are multiple experimental implementations.
        There have been no specific MIB doctor, Media Type or other expert reviews
        done.

Personnel:

        The Document Shepherd is Ulrich Herberg.
        The Responsible Area Director is Brian Haberman.