Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) Transport Format with the Host Identity Protocol (HIP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 06:12:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) Transport Format with
   the Host Identity Protocol (HIP)'
  (draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis/

Technical Summary:

  This memo specifies an Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) based
  mechanism for transmission of user data packets, to be used with the
  Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  This document obsoletes RFC 5202.

Working Group Summary:

  There is full consensus behind this document.

Document Quality:

  As discussed in RFC 6538, there are several implementations of the
  Experimental HIP specs. At least HIP for Linux and OpenHIP will be
  updated to comply with the standards-track specs.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

  Gonzalo Camarillo is the document shepherd.
  Ted Lemon is the responsible AD.