Subject: RFC 7355 on Indicating WebSocket Protocol as a Transport in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Common Log Format (CLF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:01:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7355

        Title:      Indicating WebSocket Protocol as a Transport
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                    Common Log Format (CLF) 
        Author:     G. Salgueiro, V. Pascual,
                    A. Roman, S. Garcia
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16180
        Updates:    RFC 6873

        I-D Tag:    draft-salgueiro-dispatch-websocket-sipclf-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7355.txt

RFC 7118 specifies a WebSocket subprotocol as a reliable real-time
transport mechanism between Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
entities to enable usage of SIP in web-oriented deployments.  This
document updates the SIP Common Log Format (CLF), defined in RFC
6873, with a new "Transport Flag" for such SIP WebSocket transport.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC