Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-weirds-using-http-13.txt> (HTTP usage in the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:22:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Web Extensible Internet
Registration Data Service WG (weirds) to consider the following document:
- 'HTTP usage in the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)'
  <draft-ietf-weirds-using-http-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note that this is a second Last Call. During its initial IESG Evaluation,
the IESG had several issues to address. This document has addressed
those issues.

Note also that this document refers to draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap. Last Call
for that document is coming soon, but review on this document can
be done at this time.

Abstract

   This document is one of a collection that together describe the
   Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP).  It describes how RDAP is
   transported using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  RDAP is a
   successor protocol to the very old WHOIS protocol.  The purpose of
   this document is to clarify the use of standard HTTP mechanisms for
   this application.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-using-http/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-using-http/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.