Subject: Protocol Action: 'Representation of Uncertainty and Confidence in PIDF-LO' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:11:57 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Representation of Uncertainty and Confidence in PIDF-LO'
  (draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alissa Cooper and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty/

Technical Summary

## This document describes improved semantics for expressing the 
## uncertainty and confidence of a location object and specifies a new 
## XML schema for describing these values within a PIDF-LO object per 
## Standards Track RFC 4119.

Working Group Summary

## There were concerns over how a civic location might be
## "uncertain".  Text was added to clarify that the context
## was civic locations that have resulted from reverse-geocoding
## measured geodetic locations.

Document Quality

## The document has had good levels of working group review.

Personnel

## The document shepherd is Ray Bellis.
## The responsible AD is Alissa Cooper.