Subject: SIDR WG Virtual Interim Meeting, 29 October 2014

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:14:41 -0700

At the upcoming IETF, sidr and idr will hold a joint session for the 
purpose of discussing the bgpsec protocol.

The idr and sidr chairs think that there would be benefit in having a 
short virtual meeting before hand to get the idr folk who have not been 
following sidr up to speed on the bgpsec protocol basics, so they can 
contribute effectively in the joint meeting in Hawaii.

There will be a sidr virtual meeting on Wed 29 Oct 2014 from 10am-12pm 
EDT and all interested idr folk are invited to participate. (There won't 
be much point if you don't!)

The agenda is

1 hr overview and tutorial of bgpsec:
- underpinings of what BGPSEC/SIDR is
- why are we here? map of documents
- origin validation today
- path validation tomorrow
- note particular points where bgpsec affects bgp, not so much the
crypto but where bgp behaviour may change

1 hr of questions and answers.

slides to be made available ahead of time

Details of the conference technology (webex, google hangout, etc) will 
be sent to the sidr mailing list.

--Sandy, speaking as one of the co-chairs