Subject: RFC 7368 on IPv6 Home Networking Architecture Principles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:17:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7368

        Title:      IPv6 Home Networking Architecture Principles 
        Author:     T. Chown, Ed.,
                    J. Arkko, A. Brandt,
                    O. Troan, J. Weil
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 125402
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-homenet-arch-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7368.txt

This text describes evolving networking technology within residential
home networks with increasing numbers of devices and a trend towards
increased internal routing.  The goal of this document is to define a
general architecture for IPv6-based home networking, describing the
associated principles, considerations, and requirements.  The text
briefly highlights specific implications of the introduction of IPv6
for home networking, discusses the elements of the architecture, and
suggests how standard IPv6 mechanisms and addressing can be employed
in home networking.  The architecture describes the need for specific
protocol extensions for certain additional functionality.  It is
assumed that the IPv6 home network is not actively managed and runs
as an IPv6-only or dual-stack network.  There are no recommendations
in this text for the IPv4 part of the network.

This document is a product of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC