Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-02.txt> (Gap Analysis for Operating IPv6-only MPLS Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:01:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Gap Analysis for Operating IPv6-only MPLS Networks'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document reviews the Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
   protocol suite in the context of IPv6 and identifies gaps that must
   be addressed in order to allow MPLS-related protocols and
   applications to be used with IPv6-only networks.  This document is
   not intended to highlight a particular vendor's implementation (or
   lack thereof) in the context of IPv6-only MPLS functionality, but
   rather to focus on gaps in the standards defining the MPLS suite.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.