Subject: Document Action: 'A Reference Path and Measurement Points for Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ippm-lmap-path-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 06:48:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Reference Path and Measurement Points for Large-Scale Measurement of
   Broadband Performance'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-lmap-path-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-lmap-path/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a reference path for Large-scale Measurement of
   Broadband Access Performance (LMAP) and measurement points for
   commonly used performance metrics.  The methods for measurement point
   location may be applicable to similar measurement projects using the
   extensions described here.

Working Group Summary

   The document has had broad review within the IPPM and LMAP working 
   groups. Many comments were received during first WGLC resulting in a 
   substantial revision and a second WGLC. There is consensus within the 
   IPPM working group (including participants from LMAP) to publish the 
   document.

Document Quality

   This document defines the reference path to be used in 
   metric definitions and provides other guidance on how to use and deploy 
   IPPM metrics in an LMAP context.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Brian Trammell. 
   The responsible Area Director is Spencer Dawkins.