Subject: Volunteer Needed for ICANN Technical Liaison Group

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:37:39 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward to all interested parties.

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB has been names two technical experts to
ICANN Technical Liaison Group (TLG).  The ICANN Bylaws (Article XI-A,
Section 2, Paragraph 6) asks the IETF, ITU-T, ETSI, and W3C to each
provide two technical experts.  The technical experts are expected to be
"familiar with the technical standards issues that are relevant to
ICANN's activities." These eight experts are expected to be "available as
necessary to determine, through an exchange of e-mail messages, where to
direct a technical question from ICANN when ICANN does not ask a specific
TLG organization directly."

The ICANN bylaws can be found at
http://www.icann.org/en/about/governance/bylaws.

The current experts are Daniel Migault (term ends January 2015) and
Warren Kumari (term ends January 2016).

The IAB is asking the community for volunteers to serve a two-year term
on the ICANN TLG.  If you are interested, please send a short email
message to iab-chair at iab.org with a copy to execd at iab.org with your
motivation and information concerning your familiarity with the IETF and
ICANN as well as the other standards organizations represented on the
TLG.  The deadline for volunteering is 21 Nov 2014.

The IAB will select from the available candidates, taking into account
the familiarity with ICANN and the IETF, their roles, and the IETF
protocols.  While familiarity with ETSI, ITU-T, and W3C is also
desirable, it is not required.  The selected candidates will serve on the
ICANN TLG on personal title; however, the IAB will be looking for a
candidate who has an understanding of the interests of the technical
community.

The IAB will select one person for a two-year term ending in 2017.

The ICANN TLG is expected to meet in person at or around the three ICANN
meetings held each year.

NOTE: ICANN does cover travel and hotel costs for a pre-determined
number of days at each of the ICANN meetings.

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone
else for one of the TLG positions, please send an email message to
iab-chair at iab.org and execd at iab.org by 21 Nov 2014.

On behalf of the IAB,
   Russ Housley
   IAB Chair