Subject: RFC 7379 on Problem Statement and Goals for Active-Active Connection at the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Edge

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:15:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7379

        Title:      Problem Statement and Goals for 
                    Active-Active Connection at the 
                    Transparent Interconnection 
                    of Lots of Links (TRILL) Edge 
        Author:     Y. Li, W. Hao,
                    R. Perlman, J. Hudson,
                    H. Zhai
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26764
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7379.txt

The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
protocol provides support for flow-level multipathing with rapid
failover for both unicast and multi-destination traffic in networks
with arbitrary topology.  Active-active connection at the TRILL edge is the
extension of these characteristics to end stations that are multiply
connected to a TRILL campus.  This informational document discusses
the high-level problems and goals when providing active-active
connection at the TRILL edge.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC