Subject: RFC 7384 on Security Requirements of Time Protocols in Packet Switched Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:15:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7384

        Title:      Security Requirements of Time Protocols 
                    in Packet Switched Networks 
        Author:     T. Mizrahi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 78942
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tictoc-security-requirements-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7384.txt

As time and frequency distribution protocols are becoming
increasingly common and widely deployed, concern about their exposure
to various security threats is increasing.  This document defines a
set of security requirements for time protocols, focusing on the
Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and the Network Time Protocol (NTP).
This document also discusses the security impacts of time protocol
practices, the performance implications of external security
practices on time protocols, and the dependencies between other
security services and time synchronization.

This document is a product of the Timing over IP Connection and Transfer of Clock Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC