Subject: Protocol Action: 'Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF' to Proposed Standard (draft-kyzivat-case-sensitive-abnf-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 13:44:15 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF'
  (draft-kyzivat-case-sensitive-abnf-02.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kyzivat-case-sensitive-abnf/

Technical Summary

This document extends the base definition of ABNF (Augmented Mackus-
Naur Form) to include a way to specify ASCII string literals that are
matched in a case-sensitive manner.  It is being proposed as an
individual submission on the Standards Track, to update RFC 5234.

Review and Consensus

The document was briefly discussed on the abnf-discuss list.  It
got good feedback and no objections, and is considered to be a good
proposal.  The document is ready for last call.

Personnel

Barry Leiba is the document shepherd and the sponsoring AD.