Subject: Protocol Action: 'Signature Authentication in IKEv2' to Proposed Standard (draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:36:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Signature Authentication in IKEv2'
  (draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-signature-auth/

Technical Summary

   This document generalizes the IKEv2 signature support so it can
   support any signature method supported by the PKIX and also adds
   signature hash algorithm negotiation.  This means that all types of
   signatures, not just RSA and ECDSA, and any type of elliptic curves
   can be supported.

Working Group Summary

   The WG discussion of the document was very good, with wide
   consensus for adoption. There were no objections to adoption. There
   were only a few small changes requested during IETF Last Call,
   which were addressed by the authors.  

Document Quality

   The draft went through an extensive editorial revision after WG Last
   Call, and that version was last called again in the WG. Joel Snyder was
   added as co-author.  

   This is a protocol extension and is meant for proposed standard.

Personnel

   Paul Hoffman (IPsecME WG co-chair) is the document shepherd and
   Kathleen Moriarty is the responsible AD.

   The IANA Expert(s) for the registries in this document are to be by
   expert review, likely the document editor.