Subject: Document Action: 'Unanswered Questions in the Path Computation Element Architecture' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-pce-questions-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:28:10 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Unanswered Questions in the Path Computation Element Architecture'
  (draft-ietf-pce-questions-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-questions/

Technical Summary

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) architecture is set out in RFC
   4655. The architecture is extended for multi-layer networking with
   the introduction of the Virtual Network Topology Manager in RFC
   5623, and generalized to Hierarchical PCE in RFC 6805.

   These three architectural views of PCE deliberately leave some key
   questions unanswered especially with respect to the interactions
   between architectural components.  This document draws out those
   questions and discusses them in an architectural context with
   reference to other architectural components, existing protocols, and
   recent IETF work efforts.

   This document does not update the architecture documents and does not
   define how protocols or components must be used.  It does, however,
   suggest how the architectural components might be combined to provide
   advanced PCE function.

Working Group Summary

   No controversy and strong support

Document Quality

   Well-written informational

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd? 
  :: Dhruv Dhody
  
  Who is the Responsible Area Director?
  :: Alia Atlas