Subject: Last Call: <draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-15.txt> (IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 06:30:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme'
  <draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-11-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) over HTTPS
   transport binding and the corresponding 'ipps' URI scheme, that is
   used to designate the access to the network location of a secure IPP
   print service or a network resource managed by such a service.

   This document defines an alternate IPP transport binding to that
   defined in the original IPP URL Scheme (RFC 3510), but this document
   does not update or obsolete RFC 3510.

   This document updates RFC 2910 and RFC 2911.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.