Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp-02.txt> (Carrying PIM-SM in ASM mode Trees over P2MP mLDP LSPs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:22:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Carrying PIM-SM in ASM mode Trees over P2MP mLDP LSPs'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-11-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When IP multicast trees created by PIM-SM in Any Source Multicast
   (ASM) mode need to pass through an MPLS domain, it may be desirable
   to map such trees to Point-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths. This
   document describes how to accomplish this in the case where such
   Point-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths are established using Label
   Distribution Protocol Extensions for Point-to-Multipoint and
   Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths Multipoint LDP (mLDP).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2189/