Subject: Protocol Action: 'TRILL Fault Management' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-oam-fm-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:32:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TRILL Fault Management'
  (draft-ietf-trill-oam-fm-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-oam-fm/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the TRILL OAM Fault management.  Methods in this 
document follow the IEEE 802.1 CFM (Continuity Fault Management) framework 
and reuse OAM tools wherever possible.  Additional messages are defined 
and TLVs are defined for TRILL specific applications or where a different 
set of information is required other than IEEE 802.1 CFM.  This proposed
standard does update RFC 6325. 

Working Group Summary

The WG has worked on the TRILL OAM FM within the working group, and with 
the IEEE 802.1 task group. This solution provides a blended solution 
between TRILL and 802.1 OAM.  The final review 3/7 - 3/24 garnered
a editorial comments, but no significant technical comments.  

Document Quality

The TRILL OAM FM has implementations begun in the Cisco, Huawei, and
other router companies (2-3).  The co-authors on this draft are in
touch with the implementation teams at Cisco and Huawei, and in-touch
with some members of the 802.1 Working Group within the IEEE.

The document's text and logic is excellent.  Even with the ~60 page
length, the shepherd found very few editorial issues.

Personnel

WG Chairs: Jon Hudson and Donald Eastlake
AD: Ted Lemon: