Subject: RFC 7399 on Unanswered Questions in the Path Computation Element Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:31:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7399

        Title:      Unanswered Questions in the Path 
                    Computation Element Architecture 
        Author:     A. Farrel, D. King
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 70588
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-questions-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7399.txt

The Path Computation Element (PCE) architecture is set out in RFC
4655.  The architecture is extended for multi-layer networking with
the introduction of the Virtual Network Topology Manager (VNTM) in
RFC 5623 and generalized to Hierarchical PCE (H-PCE) in RFC 6805.

These three architectural views of PCE deliberately leave some key
questions unanswered, especially with respect to the interactions
between architectural components.  This document draws out those
questions and discusses them in an architectural context with
reference to other architectural components, existing protocols, and
recent IETF efforts.

This document does not update the architecture documents and does not
define how protocols or components must be used.  It does, however,
suggest how the architectural components might be combined to provide
advanced PCE function.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC