Subject: Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-05.txt> (Opportunistic Security: Some Protection Most of the Time) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:14:20 -0700

The IESG is asking the community to re-review the new version of the
following document, as a result of the previous last call and IESG evaluation:

- 'Opportunistic Security: Some Protection Most of the Time'
  <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-11-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

In particular, the IESG needs to know about substantive issues that have
not been addressed appropriately in this version.  Comments should clearly
mark each actionable issue that they are raising, and should clearly state
what action they are asking for.  Please suggest specific text, where that is
appropriate.

Abstract
   This document defines the concept "Opportunistic Security" in the
   context of communications protocols.  Protocol designs based on
   Opportunistic Security use encryption even when authentication is not
   available, and use authentication when possible, thereby removing
   barriers to the widespread use of encryption on the Internet.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.