Subject: RFC 7386 on JSON Merge Patch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7386

        Title:      JSON Merge Patch 
        Author:     P. Hoffman, J. Snell
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 12930
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-json-merge-patch-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7386.txt

This specification defines the JSON merge patch format and processing
rules.  The merge patch format is primarily intended for use with the
HTTP PATCH method as a means of describing a set of modifications to
a target resource's content.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC