Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-13.txt> (An Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile Devices) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 08:45:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'An Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile Devices'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This is the second iteration of this document to be IETF Last Called having
previously been here at draft 04. Substantial changes to the document have 
occurred inclusive of the removal of much of the normative language. 

Abstract

   This document defines an IPv6 profile that a number of operators
   recommend in order to connect 3GPP mobile devices to an IPv6-only or
   dual-stack wireless network (including 3GPP cellular network and IEEE
   802.11 network).

   This document defines a different profile than the one for general
   connection to IPv6 cellular networks defined in the IPv6 for Third
   Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Cellular Hosts document.  In
   particular, this document identifies also features to deliver IPv4
   connectivity service over an IPv6-only transport.

   Both hosts and devices with capability to share their WAN (Wide Area
   Network) connectivity are in scope.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.