Subject: RFC 7404 on Using Only Link-Local Addressing inside an IPv6 Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:47:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7404

        Title:      Using Only Link-Local Addressing inside 
                    an IPv6 Network 
        Author:     M. Behringer, E. Vyncke
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 24444
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-lla-only-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7404.txt

In an IPv6 network, it is possible to use only link-local addresses
on infrastructure links between routers.  This document discusses the
advantages and disadvantages of this approach to facilitate the
decision process for a given network.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC