Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-22.txt> (Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Model for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 15:17:13 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Model for Wavelength
   Switched Optical Networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-22.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-11-27. (This last call is extended as it
spans the period of IETF-91). Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides a model of information needed by the routing
   and wavelength assignment (RWA) process in wavelength switched
   optical networks (WSONs).  The purpose of the information described
   in this model is to facilitate constrained lightpath computation in
   WSONs. This model takes into account compatibility constraints
   between WSON signal attributes and network elements but does not
   include constraints due to optical impairments. Aspects of this
   information that may be of use to other technologies utilizing a
   GMPLS control plane are discussed.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1672/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1662/