Subject: RFC 7393 on Using the Port Control Protocol (PCP) to Update Dynamic DNS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 17:32:08 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7393

        Title:      Using the Port Control Protocol 
                    (PCP) to Update Dynamic DNS 
        Author:     X. Deng, M. Boucadair,
                    Q. Zhao, J. Huang, C. Zhou
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30130
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-deng-pcp-ddns-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7393.txt

This document focuses on the problems encountered when using dynamic
DNS in address-sharing contexts (e.g., Dual-Stack Lite (DS-Lite) and
Network Address and Protocol Translation from IPv6 Clients to IPv4
Servers (NAT64)) during IPv6 transition.  Both issues and possible
solutions are documented in this memo.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC