Subject: Protocol Action: 'Path Computation Element Communications Protocol (PCEP) Management Information Base (MIB) Module' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-mib-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 09:09:35 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Path Computation Element Communications Protocol (PCEP) Management
   Information Base (MIB) Module'
  (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-mib-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-mib/

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base for
   use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
   particular, it describes managed objects for modelling of Path
   Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP) for communications
   between a Path Computation Client (PCC) and a Path Computation
   Element (PCE), or between two PCEs.

Working Group Summary

  Moving to YANG modules has been discussed by the WG, but they
  currently want to flesh out the MIB-based management model that
  already exists.

Document Quality

   There are there existing implementations of this document.

   Juergen Schoenwaelder provided a MIB doctor review before
   publication was requested: "The document is in a pretty good
   shape. [...] well put together"
 
   Substantial but minor comments from the AD were addressed in a 
   new revision.

Personnel

   Julien Meuric <[email-masked]> is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> is the Responsible Area Director.