Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l3vpn-end-system-04.txt> (BGP-signaled end-system IP/VPNs.) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 07:56:59 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'BGP-signaled end-system IP/VPNs.'
  <draft-ietf-l3vpn-end-system-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This document contains a normative Downref to RFC 1027

Abstract

   This document describes a solution in which the control plane
   protocol specified in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs is used to provide a Virtual
   Network service to end-systems.  These end-systems may be used to
   provide network services or may directly host end-to-end
   applications.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-end-system/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-end-system/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.