Subject: Protocol Action: 'IAB, IESG, and IAOC Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Operation of the Nominating and Recall Committees' to Best Current Practice (draft-kucherawy-rfc3777bis-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 10:42:40 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IAB, IESG, and IAOC Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process:
   Operation of the Nominating and Recall Committees'
  (draft-kucherawy-rfc3777bis-04.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc3777bis/

Technical Summary

The process by which the members of the IAB and IESG, and some
members of the IAOC, are selected, confirmed, and recalled is
specified in this document.  This document is a self-consistent,
organized compilation of the process as it was known at the time of
publication of [RFC3777], with various updates since that version was
published.

Review and Consensus

This is purely a merging of existing updates into the base 3777 document,
with no other changes.  There is no controversy here, other than some desire
to use this opportunity to make other changes.  But any other changes are
deferred to a future update.

Personnel

Barry Leiba is the document shepherd and the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Notes

In the last sentence of Appendix D, please correct the spelling of "Adrian Farrel" (he's a one-L lama).