Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-prohibiting-rc4-01.txt> (Prohibiting RC4 Cipher Suites) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 06:16:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'Prohibiting RC4 Cipher Suites'
  <draft-ietf-tls-prohibiting-rc4-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document requires that Transport Layer Security (TLS) clients
   and servers never negotiate the use of RC4 cipher suites when they
   establish connections.  This applies to all TLS versions, and updates
   [RFC5246], [RFC4346], and [RFC2246].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-prohibiting-rc4/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-prohibiting-rc4/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.