Subject: Last Call: <draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-07.txt> (Textual Encodings of PKIX, PKCS, and CMS Structures) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:14:15 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Textual Encodings of PKIX, PKCS, and CMS Structures'
  <draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes and discusses the textual encodings of the
   Public-Key Infrastructure X.509 (PKIX), Public-Key Cryptography
   Standards (PKCS), and Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  The
   textual encodings are well-known, are implemented by several
   applications and libraries, and are widely deployed.  This document
   is intended to articulate the de-facto rules that existing
   implementations operate by, and to give recommendations that will
   promote interoperability.

Other Issues
   The draft makes two downward references:
     - RFC 2315: PKCS #7: Cryptographic Message Syntax Version 1.5
     - RFC 2986: PKCS #10: Certification Request Syntax Specification Version 1.7
   Both are already in the DownRef registry.  
   
   There is a normative reference to RFC 5208, which is obsolete. Will fix in -08

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-pkix-textual/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-pkix-textual/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.