Subject: BCP 193, RFC 7423 on Diameter Applications Design Guidelines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:48:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 193        
        RFC 7423

        Title:      Diameter Applications Design Guidelines 
        Author:     L. Morand, Ed.,
                    V. Fajardo,
                    H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 67829
        See Also:   BCP 193

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7423.txt

The Diameter base protocol provides facilities for protocol
extensibility enabling the definition of new Diameter applications or
modification of existing applications.  This document is a companion
document to the Diameter base protocol that further explains and
clarifies the rules to extend Diameter.  Furthermore, this document
provides guidelines to Diameter application designers reusing/
defining Diameter applications or creating generic Diameter
extensions.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC