Subject: Protocol Action: 'Energy Object Context MIB' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 08:54:23 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Energy Object Context MIB'
  (draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Energy Management Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-energy-aware-mib/

Technical Summary

This document defines a subset of a Management Information Base (MIB)
for energy management of devices. The module addresses device
identification, context information, and the energy relationships
between devices.

The Energy Object Context MIB has two independent MIB modules,
energyAwareMIB and ianaEnergyRelationMIB. The first, energyAwareMIB,
specifies MIB objects for identification of Energy Objects.  The
second, ianaEnergyRelationMIB, specifies the first set of
IANA-maintained definitions of relationships between Energy Objects.

Working Group Summary

Version -01 of the draft was published in December 2010.
New versions were published about every three months from then
until version -13 in mid December 2013.

Document Quality

Version -13 had its WG Last Call from 13 to 30 December 2013;
as part of that it was reviewed by the MIB-Doctors.  Several reviews
were received from the EMAN list, as well as considerable discussion
with the MIB Doctors over where the Energy MIBs should be positioned
in the mib-2 tree.

The authors have modified the draft in response to that feedback; 
we believe that the current (-15) version has resolved all the 
issues.  That discussion took place on the EMAN list through January
2014.

Personnel

Document Shepherd:         Nevil Brownlee
Responsible Area Director: Joel Jaegli