Subject: RFC 7418 on An IRTF Primer for IETF Participants

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:54:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7418

        Title:      An IRTF Primer for IETF 
                    Participants 
        Author:     S. Dawkins, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       December 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14467
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dawkins-irtf-newrg-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7418.txt

This document provides a high-level description of things for
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) participants to consider when
bringing proposals for new research groups (RGs) into the Internet
Research Task Force (IRTF).  This document emphasizes differences in
expectations between the two organizations.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC