Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-10.txt> (IODEF Enumeration Reference Format) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 07:05:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Managed Incident Lightweight
Exchange WG (mile) to consider the following document:
- 'IODEF Enumeration Reference Format'
  <draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) is an XML
   data representation framework for sharing information about computer
   security incidents.  In IODEF, the Reference class provides
   references to externally specified information such as a
   vulnerability, IDS alert, malware sample, advisory, or attack
   technique.  In practice, these references are based on external
   enumeration specifications that define both the enumeration format
   and the specific enumeration values, but the IODEF Reference class
   (as specified in RFC 5070) does not indicate how to include both of
   these important pieces of information.

   This memo establishes a stand-alone data format to include both the
   external specification and specific enumeration value, and
   establishes an IANA registry to manage external enumeration
   specifications.  While this memo does not update IODEF, it provides
   the ability for future revisions of IODEF to leverage the
   ReferenceName class herein described.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.