Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-09.txt> (Support of fragmentation of RADIUS packets) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 06:45:13 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the RADIUS EXTensions WG (radext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Support of fragmentation of RADIUS packets'
  <draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-09.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol is
   limited to a total packet size of 4096 octets.  Provisions exist for
   fragmenting large amounts of authentication data across multiple
   packets, via Access-Challenge.  No similar provisions exist for
   fragmenting large amounts of authorization data.  This document
   specifies how existing RADIUS mechanisms can be leveraged to provide
   that functionality.  These mechanisms are largely compatible with
   existing implementations, and are designed to be invisible to
   proxies, and "fail-safe" to legacy RADIUS Clients and Servers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.