Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-08.txt> (Rate Measurement Test Protocol Problem Statement) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 06:43:19 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Rate Measurement Test Protocol Problem Statement'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo presents an access rate-measurement problem statement for
   test protocols to measure IP Performance Metrics.  The rate
   measurement scenario has wide-spread attention of Internet access
   subscribers and seemingly all industry players, including regulators.
   Key test protocol aspects require the ability to control packet size
   on the tested path and enable asymmetrical packet size testing in a
   controller-responder architecture.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.