Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-09.txt> (PBB-EVPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 07:48:01 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'PBB-EVPN'
  <draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses how Ethernet Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB)
   can be combined with Ethernet VPN (EVPN) in order to reduce the
   number of BGP MAC advertisement routes by aggregating Customer/Client
   MAC (C-MAC) addresses via Provider Backbone MAC address (B-MAC),
   provide client MAC address mobility using C-MAC aggregation, confine
   the scope of C-MAC learning to only active flows, offer per site
   policies and avoid C-MAC address flushing on topology changes. The
   combined solution is referred to as PBB-EVPN.

Conventions

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1908/