Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-09.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS in UDP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:03:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Encapsulating MPLS in UDP'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an IP-based encapsulation for MPLS, called
   MPLS-in-UDP (User Datagram Protocol) for situations where UDP
   encapsulation is preferred to direct use of MPLS, e.g., to enable
   UDP-based ECMP (Equal Cost Multi-Pathing) or link aggregation.  MPLS-
   in-UDP is primarily applicable to service provider networks, and
   additional restrictions apply to MPLS-in-UDP usage for traffic that
   is not congestion controlled and to UDP zero checksum usage with
   IPv6.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1941/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2198/