Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-07.txt> (DTLS Encapsulation of SCTP Packets) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:04:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'DTLS Encapsulation of SCTP Packets'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a transport
   protocol originally defined to run on top of the network protocols
   IPv4 or IPv6.  This document specifies how SCTP can be used on top of
   the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.  Using the
   encapsulation method described in this document, SCTP is agnostic
   about the protocols being used below DTLS, explicit IP addresses can
   not be used in the SCTP control chunks.  As a consequence, the SCTP
   associations are single homed.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.