Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-06.txt> (Recommendations for Transport Port Number Uses) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 15:56:19 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Recommendations for Transport Port Number Uses'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-06.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides recommendations to application and service
   designers on how to use the transport protocol port number space. IT
   complements (but does not update) RFC6335, which focuses on IANA
   process.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.