Subject: Protocol Action: 'Deprecation of BGP Entropy Label Capability Attribute' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:50:31 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Deprecation of BGP Entropy Label Capability Attribute'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-02.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact person is Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label/

Technical Summary

   RFC 6790 defines the BGP Entropy Label Capability attribute.
   RFC 67890 has a bug: although RFC 6790 mandates that Entropy
   Label-incapable routers must remove the attribute, in practice this
   requirement can't be guaranteed to be fulfilled.  This specification
   deprecates the attribute.  A forthcoming document will propose a
   replacement.

Working Group Summary

  This document is simple and takes an action that is generally agreed
   upon. The working group supports this document, no especially rough 
   points.

Document Quality

      This draft deprecates the BGP Entropy Label Capability Attribute.
      No known implementations support this attribute.

Personnel

      Loa Andersson is the Document Shepherd.
      Spencer Dawkins is the Responsible AD.

      Since both co-authors of this draft and both Routing ADs all have the 
      same affiliation, Spencer Dawkins is acting as responsible AD.