Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-08.txt> (IETF Recommendations Regarding Active Queue Management) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:21:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Active Queue Management and
Packet Scheduling WG (aqm) to consider the following document:
- 'IETF Recommendations Regarding Active Queue Management'
  <draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-08.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo presents recommendations to the Internet community
   concerning measures to improve and preserve Internet performance.  It
   presents a strong recommendation for testing, standardization, and
   widespread deployment of active queue management (AQM) in network
   devices, to improve the performance of today's Internet.  It also
   urges a concerted effort of research, measurement, and ultimate
   deployment of AQM mechanisms to protect the Internet from flows that
   are not sufficiently responsive to congestion notification.

   The note largely repeats the recommendations of RFC 2309, and
   replaces these after fifteen years of experience and new research.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.