Subject: RFC 7435 on Opportunistic Security: Some Protection Most of the Time

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:41:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7435

        Title:      Opportunistic Security: Some Protection Most 
                    of the Time 
        Author:     V. Dukhovni
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 27451
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7435.txt

This document defines the concept "Opportunistic Security" in the
context of communications protocols.  Protocol designs based on
Opportunistic Security use encryption even when authentication is not
available, and use authentication when possible, thereby removing
barriers to the widespread use of encryption on the Internet.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC