Subject: Protocol Action: 'Carrying PIM-SM in ASM mode Trees over P2MP mLDP LSPs' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:11:28 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Carrying PIM-SM in ASM mode Trees over P2MP mLDP LSPs'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp/

Technical Summary

   When IP multicast trees created by PIM-SM in Any Source Multicast
   (ASM) mode need to pass through an MPLS domain, it may be desirable
   to map such trees to Point-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths. This
   document describes how to accomplish this in the case where such
   Point-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths are established using Label
   Distribution Protocol Extensions for Point-to-Multipoint and
   Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths Multipoint LDP (mLDP).

Working Group Summary

  Originally there was an overlap between this document and 
  draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-wildcard-encoding. This was resolved to the 
  satisfaction of the working group, document shepherd, wg chairs and the 
  authors of both document, before the documents were adopted as working 
  group document.

Document Quality

  We are currently not aware of any implementations of this specification.

Personnel

   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible AD.
   Loa Andersson is the Document Shepherd.

RFC Editor Note

  There are six authors named on the front of this document. This
  reflects the combined author teams of two merged documents.
  The RFC editor is requested to make an exception to the five-
  author rule for this document.