Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpauth-hoba-07.txt> (HTTP Origin-Bound Authentication (HOBA)) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:22:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Authentication WG (httpauth) to consider the following document:
- 'HTTP Origin-Bound Authentication (HOBA)'
  <draft-ietf-httpauth-hoba-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   HTTP Origin-Bound Authentication (HOBA) is a digital signature based
   design for an HTTP authentication method.  The design can also be
   used in Javascript-based authentication embedded in HTML.  HOBA is an
   alternative to HTTP authentication schemes that require passwords and
   therefore avoids all problems related to passwords, such as leakage
   of server-side password databases.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-hoba/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-hoba/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.