Subject: RFC 7412 on Requirements for MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Shared Mesh Protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:54:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7412

        Title:      Requirements for MPLS Transport Profile 
                    (MPLS-TP) Shared Mesh Protection 
        Author:     Y. Weingarten, S. Aldrin,
                    P. Pan, J. Ryoo,
                    G. Mirsky
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34117
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-smp-requirements-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7412.txt

This document presents the basic network objectives for the behavior
of Shared Mesh Protection (SMP) that are not based on control-plane
support.  This document provides an expansion of the basic
requirements presented in RFC 5654 ("Requirements of an MPLS Transport
Profile") and RFC 6372 ("MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
Survivability Framework").  This document provides requirements for
any mechanism that would be used to implement SMP for MPLS-TP data
paths, in networks that delegate protection switch coordination to
the data plane.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC