Subject: Correction: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements-04.txt> (Requirements for Scalable DNS-SD/mDNS Extensions) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:47:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Extensions for Scalable DNS
Service Discovery  WG (dnssd) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Scalable DNS-SD/mDNS Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DNS-SD/mDNS is widely used today for discovery and resolution of
   services and names on a local link, but there are use cases to extend
   DNS-SD/mDNS to enable service discovery beyond the local link.  This
   document provides a problem statement and a list of requirements.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2114/