Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-16.txt> (Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 07:30:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification describes an optimized expression of the semantics
   of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  HTTP/2 enables a more
   efficient use of network resources and a reduced perception of
   latency by introducing header field compression and allowing multiple
   concurrent messages on the same connection.  It also introduces
   unsolicited push of representations from servers to clients.

   This specification is an alternative to, but does not obsolete, the
   HTTP/1.1 message syntax.  HTTP's existing semantics remain unchanged.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1737/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2122/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1692/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2506/