Subject: Last Call: <draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-02.txt> (3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) SIP URI Inter Operator Traffic Leg parameter) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:16:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- '3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) SIP URI Inter Operator
   Traffic Leg parameter'
  <draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) networks, the signalling
   path between a calling user and a called user can be partioned into
   segments, referred to as traffic legs.  Each traffic leg may span
   networks belonging to different operators, and will have its own
   characteristics that can be different from other traffic legs in the
   same call.  The directionality in traffic legs relates to a SIP
   request creating a dialogue and stand-alone SIP request.  A traffic
   leg might be associated with multiple SIP dialogs, e.g. in case a
   B2BUA which modifies the SIP dialog identifier is located within the
   traffic leg.

   This document defines a new SIP URI parameter, 'iotl', which can be
   used in a SIP URI to indicate that the entity associated with the
   address, or an entity responsible for the host part of the address,
   represents the end of a specific traffic leg (or multiple traffic
   legs).

   The 'iotl' parameter is defined in order to fulfil requirements from
   the 3GPP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.