Subject: Protocol Action: 'MPLS-TP Traffic Engineering (TE) Management Information Base (MIB)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-te-mib-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:29:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Traffic Engineering (TE) Management Information Base (MIB)'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-te-mib-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-te-mib/

Technical Summary

   The document defines a portion of the MIB for use with network management
   protocols, and describes managed objects for Tunnels, Identifiers, Label
   Switching Router and Textual conventions for MPLS-TP.

   These MIB modules extend the existing MPLS MIB objects for both MPLS
   and MPLS-TP operations, because of this the MPLS-TP name is not included
   in the MIB module names.

   The existing MPLS-TE MIB [RFC3812] and the GMPLS-TE MIB [RFC4802] do
   not support the transport network requirements of NON-IP based management
   and static bidirectional tunnels. The MIB modules defined in
   draft-ietf-mpls-tp-te-mib should be used in conjunction with [RFC3812] and
   its companion document [RFC3813] for MPLS-TP tunnel configuration and
   management.

Working Group Summary

  There were no issues in the working group process.
  However, the AD review caused the document to be returned
  to the working group for significant changes.

Document Quality
 
   We know of several implementations of the MIB module.
   There are significant number of vendors that either has or
   will implement the MIB module.

Personnel

  Young Lee is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director