Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-09.txt> (Using the NETCONF Protocol over Transport Layer Security (TLS) with Mutual X.509 Authentication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 05:30:56 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network Configuration WG
(netconf) to consider the following document:
- 'Using the NETCONF Protocol over Transport Layer Security (TLS) with
   Mutual X.509 Authentication'
  <draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) provides mechanisms to
   install, manipulate, and delete the configuration of network devices.
   This document describes how to use the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   protocol with mutual X.509 authentication to secure the exchange of
   NETCONF messages.  This revision of RFC 5539 documents the new
   message framing used by NETCONF 1.1 and it obsoletes RFC 5539.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.