Subject: RFC 7465 on Prohibiting RC4 Cipher Suites

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:03:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7465

        Title:      Prohibiting RC4 Cipher Suites 
        Author:     A. Popov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 8397
        Updates:    RFC 5246, RFC 4346, RFC 2246

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-prohibiting-rc4-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7465

This document requires that Transport Layer Security (TLS) clients
and servers never negotiate the use of RC4 cipher suites when they
establish connections.  This applies to all TLS versions.  This
document updates RFCs 5246, 4346, and 2246.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC