Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-11.txt> (Issues and Recommendations with Multiple Stateful DHCPv6 Options) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:48:51 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Issues and Recommendations with Multiple Stateful DHCPv6 Options'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
   specification defined two stateful options, IA_NA and IA_TA, but did
   not anticipate the development of additional stateful options.
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation added the IA_PD option, which is stateful.
   Applications that use IA_NA and IA_PD together have revealed issues
   that need to be addressed.  This document updates RFC 3315 and RFC
   3633 to address these issues.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.