Subject: RFC 7442 on Carrying Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) in Any-Source Multicast (ASM) Mode Trees over Multipoint LDP (mLDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 21:35:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7442

        Title:      Carrying Protocol Independent Multicast - 
                    Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) in Any-Source Multicast 
                    (ASM) Mode Trees over Multipoint LDP (mLDP) 
        Author:     Y. Rekhter, R. Aggarwal,
                    N. Leymann, W. Henderickx,
                    Q. Zhao, R. Li
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24020
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-pim-sm-over-mldp-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7442

When IP multicast trees created by Protocol Independent
Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) in Any-Source Multicast (ASM) mode
need to pass through an MPLS domain, it may be desirable to map such
trees to Point-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths (P2MP LSPs).  This
document describes how to accomplish this in the case where such
P2MP LSPs are established using Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
Extensions for P2MP and Multipoint-to-Multipoint LSPs:
Multipoint LDP (mLDP).

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC