Subject: RFC 7444 on Security Labels in Internet Email

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:01:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7444

        Title:      Security Labels in Internet Email 
        Author:     K. Zeilenga, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32183
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zeilenga-email-seclabel-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7444

This document describes a header field, SIO-Label, for use in
Internet email to convey the sensitivity of the message.  This header
field may carry a textual representation (a display marking) and/or a
structural representation (a security label) of the sensitivity of
the message.  This document also describes a header field, 
SIO-Label-History, for recording changes in the message's label.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC