Subject: RFC 7449 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Requirements for Wavelength Switched Optical Network (WSON) Routing and Wavelength Assignment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 21:35:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7449

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Requirements for Wavelength Switched Optical 
                    Network (WSON) Routing and Wavelength Assignment 
        Author:     Y. Lee, Ed., G. Bernstein, Ed.,
                    J. Martensson, T. Takeda,
                    T. Tsuritani, O. Gonzalez de Dios
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25117
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7449

This memo provides application-specific requirements for the Path
Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for the support of
Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSONs).  Lightpath provisioning
in WSONs requires a Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA) process.
>From a path computation perspective, wavelength assignment is the
process of determining which wavelength can be used on each hop of a
path and forms an additional routing constraint to optical light
path computation.  Requirements for PCEP extensions in support of
optical impairments will be addressed in a separate document.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC