Subject: RFC 7450 on Automatic Multicast Tunneling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:02:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7450

        Title:      Automatic Multicast Tunneling 
        Author:     G. Bumgardner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      82
        Characters: 188711
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7450

This document describes Automatic Multicast Tunneling (AMT), a
protocol for delivering multicast traffic from sources in a
multicast-enabled network to receivers that lack multicast
connectivity to the source network.  The protocol uses UDP
encapsulation and unicast replication to provide this functionality.

The AMT protocol is specifically designed to support rapid deployment
by requiring minimal changes to existing network infrastructure.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC