Subject: Protocol Action: 'Additional Policies for the Partial Reliability Extension of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-prpolicies-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:50:35 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Additional Policies for the Partial Reliability Extension of the
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-prpolicies-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-prpolicies/

Technical Summary

   The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a transport protocol
   originally defined to run on top of the network protocols IPv4 or IPv6.
   This document defines two additional policies for the Partial
   Reliability Extension of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol
   (PR-SCTP) allowing to limit the number of retransmissions or to
   prioritize user messages for more efficient send buffer usage.

Working Group Summary

   A WGLC was made in TSVWG, to end July 21st, 2014, with 5 comments. All
   were supportive of publishing a spec. on this topic. The update to the
   revised ID was discussed in TSVWG after the WGLC.

Document Quality

   The document is thought ready for publication. Note the socket API
   information is traditionally included as an informational section within
   SCTP specs. This API is thought to be completely implemented in FreeBSD,
   to be released in FreeBSD 10.1

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is G Fairhurst (TSVWG Co-Chair)
   The Responsible Area Director is Spencer Dawkins (TSV AD)