Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update-05.txt> (The 'Basic' HTTP Authentication Scheme) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 08:10:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Authentication WG (httpauth) to consider the following document:
- 'The 'Basic' HTTP Authentication Scheme'
  <draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the "Basic" Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
   Authentication Scheme, which transmits credentials as userid/password
   pairs, obfuscated by the use of Base64 encoding.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.