Subject: RFC 7459 on Representation of Uncertainty and Confidence in the Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 15:26:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7459

        Title:      Representation of Uncertainty and Confidence 
                    in the Presence Information Data Format 
                    Location Object (PIDF-LO) 
        Author:     M. Thomson, J. Winterbottom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 80144
        Updates:    RFC 3693, RFC 4119, RFC 5491

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-uncertainty-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7459

This document defines key concepts of uncertainty and confidence as
they pertain to location information.  Methods for the manipulation
of location estimates that include uncertainty information are
outlined.

This document normatively updates the definition of location
information representations defined in RFCs 4119 and 5491.  It also
deprecates related terminology defined in RFC 3693.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the 
Official Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC