Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-stox-chat-10.txt> (Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): One-to-One Text Chat Sessions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 06:29:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP-TO-XMPP WG (stox) to
consider the following document:
- 'Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the
   Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): One-to-One Text
   Chat Sessions'
  <draft-ietf-stox-chat-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a bidirectional protocol mapping for the
   exchange of instant messages in the context of a one-to-one chat
   session between a user of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and a
   user of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).
   Specifically for SIP text chat, this document specifies a mapping to
   the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-chat/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-chat/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.