Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-04.txt> (Packet loss resiliency for Router Solicitations) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 07:32:58 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Packet loss resiliency for Router Solicitations'
  <draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When an interface on a host is initialized, the host transmits Router
   Solicitations in order to minimize the amount of time it needs to
   wait until the next unsolicited multicast Router Advertisement is
   received.  In certain scenarios, these router solicitations
   transmitted by the host might be lost.  This document specifies a
   mechanism for hosts to cope with the loss of the initial Router
   Solicitations.  Furthermore, on some links, unsolicited multicast
   Router Advertisements are never sent and the mechanism in this
   document is intended to work even in such scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.