Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-03.txt> (Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:42:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol Independent Multicast
WG (pim) to consider the following document:
- 'Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol
   Specification (Revised)'
  <draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-03.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
   (PIM-SM).  PIM-SM is a multicast routing protocol that can use the
   underlying unicast routing information base or a separate multicast-
   capable routing information base.  It builds unidirectional shared
   trees rooted at a Rendezvous Point (RP) per group, and optionally
   creates shortest-path trees per source.

   This document addresses errata filed against RFC 4601, and removes
   the optional (*,*,RP) feature that lacks sufficient deployment
   experience.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.