Subject: Protocol Action: 'IEEE 802.11 MAC Profile for CAPWAP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:23:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IEEE 802.11 MAC Profile for CAPWAP'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac/

Technical Summary

This document defines an IEEE 802.11 MAC profile which specifies the
division of encryption functionality between the Wireless Transmission
Point (WTP) and the Access Controller (AC). This is to alleviate
interoperability issues, especially when the AC and WTP come from
different vendors.

Working Group Summary

There was no drama in the WG related to this document. 
OpsAWG provides a home for the CAPWAP work within the IETF, but CAPWAP is
not the primary focus of the WG. This means that only a small number
of participants had an opinion on the work, but those who did were supportive.
We also received a comment from the IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair,
stating that: "The IEEE 802.11 Working Group has also reviewed this document
and has no comments on its content."

Document Quality

This document is well written, clear and concise.

Personnel

Warren Kumari is the Document Shepherd. Benoit Claise is the Responsible Area Director.