Subject: Protocol Action: 'Encapsulating MPLS in UDP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 07:33:27 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Encapsulating MPLS in UDP'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies an IP-based encapsulation for MPLS, referred to as MPLS-in-
   UDP (User Datagram Protocol). It also  describes the applicability of this encapsulation 
   in presence of other IP-based encapsulations for MPLS. This encapsulation allows for 
   two Label Switching Routers (LSR) to be adjacent on a Label Switched Path (LSP), 
   while separated by an IP network. 

Working Group Summary

   There is consensus to progress this document.

Document Quality

   There are existing implementations of the protocol, and more than one vendor is 
   believed to be either implementing or planning to implement. The document has been 
   well reviewed. 

Personnel

   Loa Andersson is the Document Shepherd 
   Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note:
   Please add Martin Stiemerling to the list of names in Section 9 Acknowledgements.