Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: Yang-coord -- The YANG Model Coordination Group

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 12:49:49 -0800

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/private/yang-coord/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-coord

Purpose:

A YANG Model Coordination group (a RFC2418 directorate) is created
by the IESG to assist the AD and complement the work of the YANG
Doctors, Operations and Management Directorate, Routing Area
Directorate, and IAB liaison managers. The YANG doctors'
responsibility to validate models remains unchanged. The YANG Model
Coordination Group reports to the Operations and Management AD that
is responsible for the YANG Model work.

The OPS ADs, in collaboration with the Routing ADs (since there is
much routing-related YANG modeling work) will select candidates for
this YANG Model Coordination Group for a period of one year.

The high level mission is:
Help with the development and coordination of the numerous YANG
models within the IETF, and the promotion of YANG modeling in the
industry.

The initial job description consists of:
- Compiling, publishing, and maintaining an inventory of YANG models
  both produced by the IETF and available at other locations.
- Evaluating and documenting how the existing YANG models fit together.
  Example: can the IGP, QoS, and ACL YANG models work together?
- Documenting and tracking open issues (especially the issues
  crossing drafts, WGs, and areas) including issues of interaction and
  overlap of YANG models.
- Generating and leading the discussions on the resolution of the
  open issues, in collaboration with the authors, WGs, WG chairs, YANG
  doctors, rtg-yang-coord mailing list, and the appropriate ADs
- Participating in YANG model related design teams, as needed, to
  assist in the coordination as well as technical work.
- Assisting with the coordination of design teams working to produce
  YANG models that describe and enable the provisioning and management
  of services.
- Documenting and tracking functionality missing from YANG models
  including entire missing models.
- Documenting YANG issues arising from YANG models
- Producing monthly reports for the IETF community and present a
  summary of progress at each IETF meeting in the OPS-AREA meeting.
- Close work with the OPS AD on building a community of YANG
  modelers that will bring YANG work into the IETF as appropriate, and
  that will enable interactions between IETF YANG models and models
  produced outside the IETF.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.