Subject: Last Call: RFC 3068 An Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers and RFC 6732 Provider Managed Tunnels to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 15:29:42 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the v6ops WG to make the following 
status changes:

- RFC6732 from Informational to Historic
    (6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels)

- RFC3068 from Proposed Standard to Historic
    (An Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc-3068-anycast-prefix-for-6to4-to-historic/

draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-11.txt requests that RFC 3068, "An Anycast Prefix 
for 6to4 Relay Routers", be made obsolete and moved to historic status. It does so 
because the mechanism is considered unsuitable for  widespread deployment and use 
in the Internet. further recommendations are made for the operations of existing
6to4 anycast services.

draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-11 obsoletes RFC 6732 "6to4 Provider 
Managed Tunnels".  It recommends that future products should not support 
6to4 anycast and that existing deployments should be reviewed.

The document proposing the action, currently in last call as a BCP is available via

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6732/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc3068/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc-3068-anycast-prefix-for-6to4-to-historic/ballot/