Subject: RFC 7468 on Textual Encodings of PKIX, PKCS, and CMS Structures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7468

        Title:      Textual Encodings of PKIX, PKCS, 
                    and CMS Structures 
        Author:     S. Josefsson, S. Leonard
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41594
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-josefsson-pkix-textual-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7468

This document describes and discusses the textual encodings of the
Public-Key Infrastructure X.509 (PKIX), Public-Key Cryptography
Standards (PKCS), and Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  The
textual encodings are well-known, are implemented by several
applications and libraries, and are widely deployed.  This document
articulates the de facto rules by which existing implementations
operate and defines them so that future implementations can
interoperate.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC