Subject: RFC 7499 on Support of Fragmentation of RADIUS Packets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 13:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7499

        Title:      Support of Fragmentation of RADIUS 
                    Packets 
        Author:     A. Perez-Mendez, Ed.,
                    R. Marin-Lopez, F. Pereniguez-Garcia,
                    G. Lopez-Millan, D. Lopez,
                    A. DeKok
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 83448
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7499

The Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol is
limited to a total packet size of 4096 bytes.  Provisions exist for
fragmenting large amounts of authentication data across multiple
packets, via Access-Challenge packets.  No similar provisions exist
for fragmenting large amounts of authorization data.  This document
specifies how existing RADIUS mechanisms can be leveraged to provide
that functionality.  These mechanisms are largely compatible with
existing implementations, and they are designed to be invisible to
proxies and "fail-safe" to legacy RADIUS Clients and Servers.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC