Subject: RFC 7538 on The Hypertext Transfer Protocol Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 13:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7538

        Title:      The Hypertext Transfer Protocol Status 
                    Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) 
        Author:     J. Reschke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11189
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7238

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7538

This document specifies the additional Hypertext Transfer Protocol
(HTTP) status code 308 (Permanent Redirect).

This document is a product of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC