Subject: RFC 7510 on Encapsulating MPLS in UDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 13:45:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7510

        Title:      Encapsulating MPLS in UDP 
        Author:     X. Xu, N. Sheth,
                    L. Yong, R. Callon,
                    D. Black
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43208
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7510

This document specifies an IP-based encapsulation for MPLS, called
MPLS-in-UDP for situations where UDP (User Datagram Protocol)
encapsulation is preferred to direct use of MPLS, e.g., to enable
UDP-based ECMP (Equal-Cost Multipath) or link aggregation.  The MPLS-
in-UDP encapsulation technology must only be deployed within a single
network (with a single network operator) or networks of an adjacent
set of cooperating network operators where traffic is managed to
avoid congestion, rather than over the Internet where congestion
control is required.  Usage restrictions apply to MPLS-in-UDP usage
for traffic that is not congestion controlled and to UDP zero
checksum usage with IPv6.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC