Subject: Protocol Action: 'Returning Values from Forms: multipart/form-data' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:45:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Returning Values from Forms: multipart/form-data'
  (draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Applications Area Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data/

Technical Summary

This specification (re)defines the multipart/form-data Internet Media Type,
defining a general syntax and semantics independent of the application 
for which this type is used, with specific rules for web applications noted in context.

Review and Consensus

There as been extremely low energy in the wg on this draft.
The document has received only a couple of comments and feedback when
has been initially submitted, but then only the author has been active to
update and generating new versions of the draft based  on comments he has mainly
received externally from people active in W3C and/or WHATWG.
The wg last call has generated an acceptable amount of mail discussions that have
produced as result the present version of the document.

Personnel

Salvatore Loreto is the Document Shepherd
Barry Leiba is the Responsible Area Director