Subject: Protocol Action: 'Guidelines and Registration Procedures for URI Schemes' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:05:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines and Registration Procedures for URI Schemes'
  (draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg-06.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Applications Area Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg/

Technical Summary

Based on experience with registering provisional and permanent URIs, this document
updates RFC 4395 (which was itself a BCP itself). In particular rules for provisional
registrations were relaxed to make registrations easier.

Review and Consensus

This document was reviewed by people who had to deal with URI definitions and
registrations, including former Apps ADs and the current URI registration expert reviewer.
The document had thorough and sufficient reviews.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Alexey Melnikov.  The Responsible Area Director is Barry
Leiba.