Subject: RFC 7503 on OSPFv3 Autoconfiguration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 13:45:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7503

        Title:      OSPFv3 Autoconfiguration 
        Author:     A. Lindem, J. Arkko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33521
        Updates:    RFC 5340

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-autoconfig-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7503

OSPFv3 is a candidate for deployments in environments where
autoconfiguration is a requirement.  One such environment is the IPv6
home network where users expect to simply plug in a router and have
it automatically use OSPFv3 for intra-domain routing.  This document
describes the necessary mechanisms for OSPFv3 to be self-configuring.
This document updates RFC 5340 by relaxing the HelloInterval/
RouterDeadInterval checking during OSPFv3 adjacency formation and
adding hysteresis to the update of self-originated Link State
Advertisements (LSAs).

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC