Subject: RFC 7514 on Really Explicit Congestion Notification (RECN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:53:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7514

        Title:      Really Explicit Congestion Notification (RECN) 
        Author:     M. Luckie
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2015 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9776
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-luckie-recn-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7514

This document proposes a new ICMP message that a router or host may
use to advise a host to reduce the rate at which it sends, in cases
where the host ignores other signals provided by packet loss and
Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN).

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC