Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-gre-mtu-02.txt> (A Widely-Deployed Solution To The Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) Fragmentation Problem) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 15:10:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Area Working Group WG
(intarea) to consider the following document:
- 'A Widely-Deployed Solution To The Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)
   Fragmentation Problem'
  <draft-ietf-intarea-gre-mtu-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes how many vendors have solved the Generic Routing
   Encapsulation (GRE) fragmentation problem.  The solution described
   herein is configurable.  It is widely deployed on the Internet in its
   default configuration.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-gre-mtu/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-gre-mtu/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.