Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for the Opus Speech and Audio Codec' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-opus-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:07:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for the Opus Speech and Audio Codec'
  (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-opus-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ben Campbell and Alissa Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-opus/

Technical Summary

This document defines the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload 
format for packetization of Opus encoded speech and audio data necessary 
to integrate the codec in the most compatible way.

Working Group Summary

The document was discussed on the mailing list. The open issues were 
addressed and there were no controversies.

Document Quality

There are several existing implementations (E.g., Chrome, Firefox, 
libav/FFmpeg, gstreamer, Bria, Freeswitch, Jitsi, Meetecho, Linphone, 
PJSIP, and VLC). The request for a media type review was posted on Dec. 
31st , 2014.

Personnel

Ali C. Begen is the document shepherd and Ben Campbell is the 
responsible AD.