Subject: Request For Proposals: Software Development

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 08:11:37 -0700

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the
IETF, is seeking one or more vendors to provide software development
services.  The successful bidder(s) will enter into a contract with
the Internet Society.

The Internet Society (ISOC) desires to enter into an Indefinite
Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Master Services Agreement (MSA)
with one or more software development companies with which to
accomplish its objectives.  The MSA is an Indefinite
Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract because it cannot be
determined at this time the nature and number of applications that
will be necessary.  The MSA shall be for a three-year period with an
option for two, one-year extensions.   Through the MSA Work Orders
will be issued for the delivery of specified software.

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards development
work is supported by several specialized software tools, such as the
Datatracker, idnits, xml2rfc, rfcdiff, and many others.  New tools
and significant changes to existing tools will be needed, for
instance, to support the upcoming change in the RFC publication
format. These tools may be developed in Python using the Django
framework, or other software if there is a significant advantage or
requirement to do so.

Being selected for entering into a Master Services Agreement will be
a two-step process:

1. Responses to this RFP will be used to identify qualified vendors
to proceed to step two;

2. Invited vendors will be asked to provide pricing information for
the development of a specific application, including the assumptions
and analysis used to reach that price.  The purpose of this is to
evaluate the analysis and pricing.  It may not be used to award the
development of this application.

The Software Development IDIQ RFP can be found at this location: 
https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html

The Proposal period is open ended.  Questions may be submitted at
any time.  Responses will be published online at
https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html within one week of question
submission. Proposals and  questions are to be sent by email to
[email-masked].

Ray Pelletier 
IETF Administrative Director