Subject: Last Call: <draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-01.txt> (Deprecation of MIB Module NAT-MIB (Managed Objects for Network Address Translators (NAT))) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:04:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Deprecation of MIB Module NAT-MIB (Managed Objects for Network Address
   Translators (NAT))'
  <draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-01.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo deprecates MIB module NAT-MIB, a portion of the Management
   Information Base (MIB) previously defined in RFC 4008 for devices
   implementing Network Address Translator (NAT) function.  A companion
   document defines a new version, NAT-MIB-V2, which responds to
   deficiencies found in module NAT-MIB and adds new capabilities.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4008.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.