Subject: RFC 7508 on Securing Header Fields with S/MIME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7508

        Title:      Securing Header Fields with S/MIME 
        Author:     L. Cailleux, C. Bonatti
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 39853
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cailleux-secure-headers-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7508

This document describes how the S/MIME protocol can be
extended in order to secure message header fields defined in RFC 5322.
This technology provides security services such as data integrity,
non-repudiation, and confidentiality.  This extension is
referred to as 'Secure Headers'.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC