Subject: RFC 7507 on TLS Fallback Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV) for Preventing Protocol Downgrade Attacks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:19:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7507

        Title:      TLS Fallback Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV)
                    for Preventing Protocol Downgrade Attacks 
        Author:     B. Moeller, A. Langley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17165
        Updates:    RFC 2246, RFC 4346, RFC 4347, RFC 5246, RFC 6347

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-downgrade-scsv-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7507

This document defines a Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV) that
prevents protocol downgrade attacks on the Transport Layer Security
(TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocols.  It
updates RFCs 2246, 4346, 4347, 5246, and 6347.  Server update
considerations are included.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC