Subject: Call for nominations for IETF liaison to ICANN RSSAC

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:42:12 -0400

The IAB is responsible for appointing a liaison manager to the ICANN
Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC) [1][2].

We are currently soliciting volunteers for this position. Nominations
(including self-nominations) for this position should be sent to iab-
chair at iab.org and execd at iab.org no later than Friday, 8 May
2015.

The current temporary liaison is Marc Blanchet, who was appointed in
his role as IAB member during the restructuring process of RSSAC.

The person filling the role of liaison manager needs to have familiarity
with the IETF and ICANN processes, have expertise in the DNS, and be
involved in the related IETF working groups.

The liaison sits on the RSSAC committee as a non-voting member and
follows RSSAC procedures. The liaison acts a conduit between the two
organizations on matters that need to be coordinated or communicated
between the two organizations.

It is expected that the liaison manager attends IETF and ICANN meetings,
and more specifically the RSSAC meetings. The liaison role is non-
voting. Expertise in security and internationalization would be a plus.

The IETF liaison process is defined in RFCs 4052, 4053, and 4691.

Please forward this message to any interested party.

Best regards,
Andrew Sullivan
IAB Chair

[1] http://www.icann.org/en/groups/rssac
[2]
https://www.iab.org/documents/correspondence-reports-documents/2015-2/iab-liaison-
to-icann-root-server-system-advisory-council-rssac/