Subject: RFC 7402 on Using the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) Transport Format with the Host Identity Protocol (HIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 13:44:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7402

        Title:      Using the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
                    Transport Format with the Host Identity 
                    Protocol (HIP) 
        Author:     P. Jokela,
                    R. Moskowitz,
                    J. Melen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 88644
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5202

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7402

This memo specifies an Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) based
mechanism for transmission of user data packets, to be used with the
Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  This document obsoletes RFC 5202.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC