Subject: RFC 7469 on Public Key Pinning Extension for HTTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:38:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7469

        Title:      Public Key Pinning Extension for HTTP 
        Author:     C. Evans, C. Palmer, R. Sleevi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 61619
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7469

This document defines a new HTTP header that allows web host
operators to instruct user agents to remember ("pin") the hosts'
cryptographic identities over a period of time.  During that time,
user agents (UAs) will require that the host presents a certificate
chain including at least one Subject Public Key Info structure whose
fingerprint matches one of the pinned fingerprints for that host.  By
effectively reducing the number of trusted authorities who can
authenticate the domain during the lifetime of the pin, pinning may
reduce the incidence of man-in-the-middle attacks due to compromised
Certification Authorities.

This document is a product of the Web Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC