Subject: RFC 7542 on The Network Access Identifier

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 12:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7542

        Title:      The Network Access Identifier 
        Author:     A. DeKok
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 66596
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4282

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-nai-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7542

In order to provide inter-domain authentication services, it is
necessary to have a standardized method that domains can use to
identify each other's users.  This document defines the syntax for
the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identifier submitted by
the client prior to accessing resources.  This document is a revised
version of RFC 4282.  It addresses issues with international
character sets and makes a number of other corrections to RFC 4282.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC