Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-null-auth-06.txt> (The NULL Authentication Method in IKEv2 Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 18:01:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'The NULL Authentication Method in IKEv2 Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-null-auth-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This is a second last call, specifically to seek comments
on the downref to Experimental RFC 5739.

Abstract

   This document specifies the NULL Authentication method and the
   ID_NULL Identification Payload ID Type for the IKEv2 Protocol.  This
   allows two IKE peers to establish single-side authenticated or mutual
   unauthenticated IKE sessions for those use cases where a peer is
   unwilling or unable to authenticate or identify itself.  This ensures
   IKEv2 can be used for Opportunistic Security (also known as
   Opportunistic Encryption) to defend against Pervasive Monitoring
   attacks without the need to sacrifice anonymity.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-null-auth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-null-auth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.