Subject: BCP 195, RFC 7525 on Recommendations for Secure Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 18:44:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 195        
        RFC 7525

        Title:      Recommendations for Secure Use of 
                    Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram 
                    Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
        Author:     Y. Sheffer, R. Holz,
                    P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 60283
        See Also:   BCP 195

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-uta-tls-bcp-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7525

Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
(DTLS) are widely used to protect data exchanged over application
protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP, SIP, and XMPP.  Over the
last few years, several serious attacks on TLS have emerged,
including attacks on its most commonly used cipher suites and their
modes of operation.  This document provides recommendations for
improving the security of deployed services that use TLS and DTLS.
The recommendations are applicable to the majority of use cases.

This document is a product of the Using TLS in Applications Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC