Subject: RFC 7549 on 3GPP SIP URI Inter-Operator Traffic Leg Parameter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 17:51:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7549

        Title:      3GPP SIP URI Inter-Operator Traffic 
                    Leg Parameter 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, J. Holm,
                    R. Jesske, M. Dolly
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 32607
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7549

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7549

In 3GPP networks, the signaling path between a calling user and a
called user can be partitioned into segments, referred to as traffic
legs.  Each traffic leg may span networks belonging to different
operators and will have its own characteristics that can be different
from other traffic legs in the same call.  A traffic leg might be
associated with multiple SIP dialogs, e.g., in case a Back-to-Back
User Agent (B2BUA) that modifies the SIP dialog identifier is located
within the traffic leg.

This document defines a new SIP URI parameter, 'iotl' (an
abbreviation for Inter-Operator Traffic Leg).  The parameter can be
used in a SIP URI to indicate that the entity associated with the
address, or an entity responsible for the host part of the address,
represents the end of a specific traffic leg (or multiple traffic
legs).

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC