Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-jose-jwk-thumbprint-05.txt> (JSON Web Key (JWK) Thumbprint) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:40:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Javascript Object Signing and
Encryption WG (jose) to consider the following document:
- 'JSON Web Key (JWK) Thumbprint'
  <draft-ietf-jose-jwk-thumbprint-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a method for computing a hash value over a
   JSON Web Key (JWK).  It defines which fields in a JWK are used in the
   hash computation, the method of creating a canonical form for those
   fields, and how to convert the resulting Unicode string into a byte
   sequence to be hashed.  The resulting hash value can be used for
   identifying or selecting the key represented by the JWK that is the
   subject of the thumbprint.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-jwk-thumbprint/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-jwk-thumbprint/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.