Subject: RFC 7543 on Covering Prefixes Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 18:45:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7543

        Title:      Covering Prefixes Outbound Route Filter 
                    for BGP-4 
        Author:     H. Jeng, L. Jalil,
                    R. Bonica, K. Patel,
                    L. Yong
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 38583
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7543

This document defines a new Outbound Route Filter (ORF) type, called
the Covering Prefixes ORF (CP-ORF).  CP-ORF is applicable in Virtual
Hub-and-Spoke VPNs.  It also is applicable in BGP/MPLS Ethernet VPN
(EVPN) networks.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC