Subject: RFC 7513 on Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) Solution for DHCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:00:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7513

        Title:      Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) 
                    Solution for DHCP 
        Author:     J. Bi, J. Wu, G. Yao, F. Baker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 123735
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-savi-dhcp-34.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7513

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7513

This document specifies the procedure for creating a binding between
a DHCPv4/DHCPv6-assigned IP address and a binding anchor on a Source
Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) device.  The bindings set up by
this procedure are used to filter packets with forged source IP
addresses.  This mechanism complements BCP 38 (RFC 2827) ingress
filtering, providing finer-grained source IP address validation.

This document is a product of the Source Address Validation Improvements Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC