Subject: RFC 7537 on IANA Registries for LSP Ping Code Points

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 15:17:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7537

        Title:      IANA Registries for LSP Ping Code Points 
        Author:     B. Decraene, N. Akiya,
                    C. Pignataro, L. Andersson,
                    S. Aldrin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 11895
        Updates:    RFC 4379, RFC 6424

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7537

RFCs 4379 and 6424 created name spaces for Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping.  However, those RFCs
did not create the corresponding IANA registries for Downstream
Mapping object Flags (DS Flags), Multipath Types, Pad TLVs, and
Interface and Label Stack Address Types.

There is now a need to make further code point allocations from these
name spaces.  This document updates RFCs 4379 and 6424 in that it
creates IANA registries for that purpose.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC