Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sfc-architecture-07.txt> (Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:35:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Service Function Chaining WG
(sfc) to consider the following document:
- 'Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-sfc-architecture-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an architecture for the specification,
   creation, and ongoing maintenance of Service Function Chains (SFC) in
   a network.  It includes architectural concepts, principles, and
   components used in the construction of composite services through
   deployment of SFCs, with a focus on those to be standardized in the
   IETF.  This document does not propose solutions, protocols, or
   extensions to existing protocols.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-architecture/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-architecture/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2315/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2281/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2283/