Subject: RFC 7524 on Inter-Area Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Segmented Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:54:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7524

        Title:      Inter-Area Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Segmented
                    Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     Y. Rekhter, E. Rosen, R. Aggarwal, T. Morin,
                    I. Grosclaude, N. Leymann, S. Saad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 105804
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7524

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7524

This document describes procedures for building inter-area
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) segmented service label switched paths
(LSPs) by partitioning such LSPs into intra-area segments and using
BGP as the inter-area routing and Label Distribution Protocol (LDP).
Within each IGP area, the intra-area segments are either carried over
intra-area P2MP LSPs, using P2MP LSP hierarchy, or instantiated using
ingress replication.  The intra-area P2MP LSPs may be signaled using
P2MP RSVP-TE or P2MP multipoint LDP (mLDP).  If ingress replication is
used within an IGP area, then (multipoint-to-point) LDP LSPs or
(point-to-point) RSVP-TE LSPs may be used in the IGP area.  The
applications/services that use such inter-area service LSPs may be BGP
Multicast VPN, Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) multicast, or global
table multicast over MPLS.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC