Subject: Protocol Action: 'Energy Management (EMAN) Applicability Statement' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-eman-applicability-statement-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 16:23:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Energy Management (EMAN) Applicability Statement'
  (draft-ietf-eman-applicability-statement-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Energy Management Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-applicability-statement/

Technical Summary

  The objective of Energy Management (EMAN) is to provide an 
  energy management framework for networked devices.  This 
  document presents the applicability of the EMAN information 
  model in a variety of scenarios with cases and target devices.  
  These use cases are useful for identifying requirements for the 
  framework and MIBs.  Further, we describe the relationship of 
  the EMAN framework to relevant other energy monitoring standards 
  and architectures. 

Working Group Summary

Version -00 of the draft was published in December 2011, shortly
after the WG was chartered.  The authors (and WG chairs) felt that
since there were many aspects of EMAN that neededed a lot of
discussion, it would be sensible to publish its Applicability
Statement after all the other EMAN drafts.

Document Quality

This draft has been revised at intervals as details of EMAN were
finalised.  It's WG Last Call for version 06 ran from 26 June 2014 to 
2 July 2014.  Since then it's authors have made further revisions,
in response to its ongoing discussion.

Personnel

Document Shepherd:         Nevil Brownlee
Responsible Area Director: Joel Jaegli