Subject: RFC 7539 on ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 14:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7539

        Title:      ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF 
                    Protocols 
        Author:     Y. Nir, A. Langley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 88173
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-cfrg-chacha20-poly1305-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7539

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7539

This document defines the ChaCha20 stream cipher as well as the use
of the Poly1305 authenticator, both as stand-alone algorithms and as
a "combined mode", or Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data
(AEAD) algorithm.

This document does not introduce any new crypto, but is meant to
serve as a stable reference and an implementation guide.  It is a
product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG).

This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC