Subject: RFC 7509 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) for Post-Repair Loss Count Metrics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 14:13:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7509

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended 
                    Report (XR) for Post-Repair Loss Count 
                    Metrics 
        Author:     R. Huang, V. Singh
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23350
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-post-repair-loss-count-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7509

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7509

This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR)
block that allows reporting of a post-repair loss count metric for a range 
of RTP applications.  In addition, another metric, repaired loss count, is 
also introduced in this report block for calculating the pre-repair loss 
count when needed, so that the RTP sender or a third-party entity is able 
to evaluate the effectiveness of the repair methods used by the system.

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the 
Official Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) 
for the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC