Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-siprec-protocol-16.txt> (Session Recording Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 16:39:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIP Recording WG (siprec) to
consider the following document:
- 'Session Recording Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-siprec-protocol-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the use of the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP), the Session Description Protocol (SDP), and the Real Time
   Protocol (RTP) for delivering real-time media and metadata from a
   Communication Session (CS) to a recording device.  The Session
   Recording Protocol specifies the use of SIP, SDP, and RTP to
   establish a Recording Session (RS) between the Session Recording
   Client (SRC), which is on the path of the CS, and a Session Recording
   Server (SRS) at the recording device.  This document considers only
   active recording, where the SRC purposefully streams media to an SRS
   and all participating user agents are notified of the recording.
   Passive recording, where a recording device detects media directly
   from the network (e.g., using port-mirroring techniques), is outside
   the scope of this document.  In addition, lawful intercept is outside
   the scope of this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-protocol/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1912/