Subject: Document Action: 'Multicast only Fast Re-Route' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:19:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multicast only Fast Re-Route'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mofrr/

Technical Summary

   As IPTV deployments grow in number and size, service providers are
   looking for solutions that minimize the service disruption due to
   faults in the IP network carrying the packets for these services.
   This document describes a mechanism for minimizing packet loss in a
   network when node or link failures occur.  Multicast only Fast Re-
   Route (MoFRR) works by making simple enhancements to multicast
   routing protocols such as PIM and mLDP.

Working Group Summary

  No issues.  There is WG consensus to proceed with publication.

  Of particular note is the fact that the pim WG chairs were not 
  only kept up to date on the progress of this draft, but that it 
  was presented at one of their meetings.  The pim WG was notified 
  of the WGLC

Document Quality

   Implementations and deployments exist.
   The document (currently in its 6th revision) has been thoroughly 
   reviewed by the Shepherd, including changes to the structure of the 
   document to improve readability and clarity.  All comments have 
   been addressed.

Personnel

  Alvaro Retana is the Document Shepherd.
  Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.