Subject: Deadline 22 May for Postel Award Nominations

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 03:32:44 -0700

The Internet Society is soliciting nominations of qualified
candidates for the 2015 Jonathan B. Postel Service Award by 22 May
(new date). This annual award is presented to an individual or
organization that has made outstanding contributions in service to
the data communications community.  The award, which includes a
presentation crystal and a USD 20,000 prize, is scheduled to be
presented during the 93rd Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
meeting in Prague, Czech Republic, 19-24 July 2015.

The Jonathan B. Postel Service Award was established by the Internet
Society to honor a person who has made outstanding contributions in
service to the data communications community.  The award is focused
on sustained and substantial technical contributions, service to the
community, and leadership.  With respect to leadership, the award
committee places particular emphasis on candidates who have
supported and enabled others in addition to their own specific
actions.

The award is named for Dr. Jonathan B. Postel to recognize and
commemorate the extraordinary stewardship exercised by Jon over the
course of a thirty-year career in networking.  He served as the
editor of the RFC series of notes from its inception in 1969 until
1998.  He also served as the ARPANET *numbers Czar* and Internet
Assigned Numbers Authority over the same period of time. He was a
founding member of the Internet Architecture (nee Activities) Board
and the first individual member of the Internet Society, for which
he also served as a Trustee.

Find out more

*	Learn more about Jon Postel*s life and contributions.
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/
postel-service-award/ten-year-tribute-jon-postel

*	Find the out more on the award, nomination procedures, and
online submission forms.
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/
postel-service-award

*	I'm ready to nominate someone!
http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/grants-and-awards/awards/
postel-service-award/procedures

For any questions, please contact postel at isoc.org

Best Regards,
Ray
IAD