Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis-22.txt> (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Address Format) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:36:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Extensible Messaging and
Presence Protocol WG (xmpp) to consider the following document:
- 'Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Address Format'
  <draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis-22.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the address format for the Extensible Messaging
   and Presence Protocol (XMPP), including support for code points
   outside the ASCII range.  This document obsoletes RFC 6122.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.