Subject: RFC 7535 on AS112 Redirection Using DNAME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 14:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7535

        Title:      AS112 Redirection Using DNAME 
        Author:     J. Abley, B. Dickson,
                    W. Kumari, G. Michaelson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 31730
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-dname-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7535

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7535

AS112 provides a mechanism for handling reverse lookups on IP
addresses that are not unique (e.g., RFC 1918 addresses).  This
document describes modifications to the deployment and use of AS112
infrastructure that will allow zones to be added and dropped much
more easily, using DNAME resource records.

This approach makes it possible for any DNS zone administrator to
sink traffic relating to parts of the global DNS namespace under
their control to the AS112 infrastructure without coordination with
the operators of AS112 infrastructure.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC