Subject: RFC 7559 on Packet-Loss Resiliency for Router Solicitations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7559

        Title:      Packet-Loss Resiliency for Router Solicitations 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, D. Anipko, D. Thaler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11619
        Updates:    RFC 4861

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7559

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7559

When an interface on a host is initialized, the host transmits Router
Solicitations in order to minimize the amount of time it needs to
wait until the next unsolicited multicast Router Advertisement is
received.  In certain scenarios, these Router Solicitations
transmitted by the host might be lost.  This document specifies a
mechanism for hosts to cope with the loss of the initial Router
Solicitations.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC