Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-10.txt> (ChaCha20, Poly1305 and their use in IKE & IPsec) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:22:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'ChaCha20, Poly1305 and their use in IKE & IPsec'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the use of the ChaCha20 stream cipher along
   with the Poly1305 authenticator, combined into an AEAD algorithm for
   the Internet Key Exchange protocol (IKEv2) and for IPsec.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.