Subject: Document Action: 'Flow Binding Support for Mobile IP' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:49:08 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Flow Binding Support for Mobile IP'
  (draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support-13.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-multiple-tunnel-support/

Technical Summary

This specification defines extensions to Mobile IP protocol for allowing
a mobile node with multiple interfaces to register a care-of address for
each of its network interfaces and to simultaneously establish multiple
IP tunnels with its home agent.  This essentially allows the mobile
node to utilize all the available network interfaces and build an higher
aggregated logical pipe with its home agent for its home address traffic.
Furthermore, these extensions also allow the mobile node and the home
agent to negotiate IP traffic flow policies for binding individual flows
with the registered care-of addresses.

Working Group Summary

The draft was uncontroversial, but the process took a very long time
because of a lack of reviewers.  Adequate review has finally been obtained.

Document Quality
There is at least one implementation of the protocol.

Personnel

Peter McCann is the document shepherd.  Brian Haberman is the responsible
AD.