Subject: RFC 7580 on OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element Constraints

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:46:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7580

        Title:      OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network 
                    Element Constraints 
        Author:     F. Zhang, Y. Lee,
                    J. Han, G. Bernstein,
                    Y. Xu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25189
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7580

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7580

Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) can be used to
control a wide variety of technologies including packet switching
(e.g., MPLS), time division (e.g., Synchronous Optical Network / 
Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) and Optical Transport
Network (OTN)), wavelength (lambdas), and spatial switching (e.g.,
incoming port or fiber to outgoing port or fiber).  In some of these
technologies, network elements and links may impose additional
routing constraints such as asymmetric switch connectivity, non-
local label assignment, and label range limitations on links.  This
document describes Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol
extensions to support these kinds of constraints under the control
of GMPLS.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC