Subject: RFC 7612 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): Schema for Printer Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:34:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7612

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): 
                    Schema for Printer Services 
        Author:     P. Fleming, I. McDonald
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 99282
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3712

        I-D Tag:    draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7612

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7612

This document defines a schema, object classes, and attributes, for
Printers and print services, for use with directories that support
the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (RFC 4510).  This document
is based on the Printer attributes listed in Appendix E of "Internet
Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics" (RFC 2911).  Additional
Printer attributes are based on definitions in "Printer MIB v2"
(RFC 3805), "PWG Command Set Format for IEEE 1284 Device ID v1.0"
(PWG 5107.2), "IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set 3 (JPS3)"
(PWG 5100.13), and "IPP Everywhere" (PWG 5100.14).

This memo is an Independent Submission to the RFC Editor by
the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) Working Group of the IEEE-ISTO
Printer Working Group (PWG), as part of their PWG "IPP Everywhere"
(PWG 5100.14) project for secure mobile printing with vendor-neutral
Client software.

This document obsoletes RFC 3712.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC