Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-06.txt> (Impact of BGP filtering on Inter-Domain Routing Policies) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:44:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG
(grow) to consider the following document:
- 'Impact of BGP filtering on Inter-Domain Routing Policies'
  <draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how unexpected traffic flows can emerge
   across an autonomous system, as the result of other autonomous
   systems filtering, or restricting the propagation of more specific
   prefixes.  We provide a review of the techniques to detect the
   occurrence of this issue and defend against it.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.