Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios-11

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:58:57 -0700

The IESG has completed a review of
draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios-11 consistent with
RFC5742.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Scenarios with Host
Identification Complications'
<draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios-11.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG has concluded that there is no conflict between this document
and IETF work.

Additionally, the IESG requests the following note be added to the
document if it is published:

This document describes use cases where IP addresses are overloaded with
both location and identity properties. Such semantic overloading is seen
as a contributor to a variety of issues within the routing system [RFC
4984]. Additionally, these use cases may be seen as a way to justify
solutions that are not consistent with IETF Best Current Practices on
protecting privacy [BCP 160][BCP 188].

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker related to this document and determine whether or not they
merit incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the
ballot and the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios/

The process for such documents is described at
https://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html 

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary