Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-text-markdown-07.txt> (The text/markdown Media Type) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:24:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'The text/markdown Media Type'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-text-markdown-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract
   This document registers the text/markdown media type for use with
   Markdown, a family of plain text formatting syntaxes that optionally
   can be converted to formal markup languages such as HTML.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-text-markdown/

Once IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-text-markdown/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The IANA Considerations section has the following change already noted:

OLD
   All references (including contact information) MUST be verified as
   functional at the time of the registration.

   If a registration is being updated, the contact information MUST
   either match the prior registration and be verified, or the prior
   registrant MUST confirm that the updating registrant has authority to
   update the registration. IANA is to send an email to each old and new
   address confirming the change request. The emails are to contain a
   nonce (which may be embedded in a URI) that, when return by email or
   another mechanism (e.g., HTTP), serve to verify the request. An
   affirmative response from any of the addresses (old or new) is
   sufficient. If neither the old nor the new registrations contain any
   email addresses, then the update MAY succeed without email
   confirmation. Therefore, registrants are encouraged to list at least
   one email address for registration protection.

   As a special "escape valve", registrations can be updated with IETF
   Review [RFC5226]. All fields may be updated except the variant
   identifier, which is permanent: not even case may be changed.

NEW
   All references (including contact information) are expected to be
   valid at the time of the registration.

   All fields may be updated except the variant
   identifier, which is permanent: not even case may be changed.

END