Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-lfa-manageability-08.txt> (Operational management of Loop Free Alternates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 15:01:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Operational management of Loop Free Alternates'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-lfa-manageability-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Loop Free Alternates (LFA), as defined in RFC 5286 is an IP Fast
   ReRoute (IP FRR) mechanism enabling traffic protection for IP traffic
   (and MPLS LDP traffic by extension).  Following first deployment
   experiences, this document provides operational feedback on LFA,
   highlights some limitations, and proposes a set of refinements to
   address those limitations.  It also proposes required management
   specifications.

   This proposal is also applicable to remote LFA solution.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-lfa-manageability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-lfa-manageability/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2490/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2196/