Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-issu-meth-01.txt> (ISSU Benchmarking Methodology) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:46:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'ISSU Benchmarking Methodology'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-issu-meth-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Modern forwarding devices attempt to minimize any control and data
   plane disruptions while performing planned software changes, by
   implementing a technique commonly known as In Service Software
   Upgrade (ISSU) This document specifies a set of common methodologies
   and procedures designed to characterize the overall behavior of a
   Device Under Test (DUT), subject to an ISSU event.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-issu-meth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-issu-meth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.