Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-negative-trust-anchors-10.txt> (Definition and Use of DNSSEC Negative Trust Anchors) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 05:58:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'Definition and Use of DNSSEC Negative Trust Anchors'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-negative-trust-anchors-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) is now entering widespread
   deployment.  However, domain signing tools and processes are not yet
   as mature and reliable as those for non-DNSSEC-related domain
   administration tools and processes.  Negative Trust Anchors
   (described in this document) can be used to mitigate DNSSEC
   validation failures.

   [RFC Editor: Please remove this before publication.  This document is
   being stored in github at https://github.com/wkumari/draft-livingood-
   dnsop-negative-trust-anchors . Authors accept pull requests, and keep
   the latest (edit buffer) versions there, so commenters can follow
   along at home.]

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-negative-trust-anchors/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-negative-trust-anchors/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.