Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-ops-12.txt> (Updates to and Operational Guidance for the DANE Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:21:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS-based Authentication of
Named Entities WG (dane) to consider the following document:
- 'Updates to and Operational Guidance for the DANE Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-dane-ops-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document clarifies and updates the DNS-Based Authentication of
   Named Entities (DANE) TLSA specification (RFC6698) based on
   subsequent implementation experience.  It also contains guidance for
   implementers, operators and protocol developers who want to make use
   of DANE records.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-ops/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-ops/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.