Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-clarifications-04.txt> (Clarifications for the use of REFER with RFC6665) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 16:38:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Clarifications for the use of REFER with RFC6665'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-clarifications-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The SIP REFER method relies on the SIP-Specific Event Notification
   Framework.  That framework was revised by RFC6665.  This document
   highlights the implications of the requirement changes in RFC6665,
   and updates the definition of the REFER method, RFC3515, to clarify
   and disambiguate the impact of those changes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-clarifications/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-clarifications/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.