Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6-09.txt> (IPv6 Support for Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:34:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Area Working Group WG
(intarea) to consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 Support for Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)'
  <draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) can be used to carry any network-
   layer payload protocol over any network-layer delivery protocol.  GRE
   procedures are specified for IPv4, used as either the payload or
   delivery protocol.  However, GRE procedures are not specified for
   IPv6.

   This document specifies GRE procedures for IPv6, used as either the
   payload or delivery protocol.  It updates the GRE specification, RFC
   2784.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.