Subject: RFC 7579 on General Network Element Constraint Encoding for GMPLS-Controlled Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7579

        Title:      General Network Element Constraint Encoding 
                    for GMPLS-Controlled Networks 
        Author:     G. Bernstein, Ed., Y. Lee, Ed.,
                    D. Li, W. Imajuku, J. Han
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 62347
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7579

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7579

Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) can be used to control a
wide variety of technologies.  In some of these technologies, network
elements and links may impose additional routing constraints such as
asymmetric switch connectivity, non-local label assignment, and
label range limitations on links.

This document provides efficient, protocol-agnostic encodings for
general information elements representing connectivity and label
constraints as well as label availability.  It is intended that
protocol-specific documents will reference this memo to describe how
information is carried for specific uses.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC