Subject: Protocol Action: 'Dynamic Allocation of Shared IPv4 Addresses' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:50:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Dynamic Allocation of Shared IPv4 Addresses'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-09.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation/

Technical Summary: 

This document specifies a mechanism for obtaining shared IPv4 address
and IPv4 configuration information dynamically via DHCPv4 (over
DHCPv6).

Working Group Summary: 

This work is an extension to DHCPv4 to allow for a shared IPv4 address
to be allocated and renewed by a client.

Document Quality: 

This document has had thorough reviews by many interested and
knowledgeable folks (beyond those mentioned in the acknowledgements
section). There were no significant points of difficulty or
controversy with the contents of the document.

Personnel: 

Bernie Volz is the document shepherd. Brian Haberman is the responsible AD.