Subject: Document Action: 'DNS privacy considerations' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 06:33:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DNS privacy considerations'
  (draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the DNS PRIVate Exchange Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-problem-statement/

Technical Summary

This document describes the privacy issues associated with the use of
the DNS by Internet users. It is an attempt at a comprehensive and accurate
list, but does not prescribe solutions.

Working Group Summary

   There was no controversy or serious disagreement.
The document went through the WG smoothly, and with agreement that it
is useful. 

Document Quality

   The document describes the privacy implications of sending DNS queries 
in the clear. It provides some introductory information, discusses the
risks, and dispels some myths. While problem statement documents are
often viewed as a waste of time, this particular one has been very
useful, to help get everyone on the same page.

Personnel

  Warren Kumari will be the document shepherd, Terry Manderson is the responsible AD

IANA Note

This document has no actions for IANA