Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-cice-01.txt> (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Client-Initiated Content-Encoding) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 06:13:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Client-Initiated Content-Encoding'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-cice-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In HTTP, content codings allow for payload encodings such as for
   compression or integrity checks.  In particular, the "gzip" content
   coding is widely used for payload data sent in response messages.

   Content codings can be used in request messages as well, however
   discoverability is not on par with response messages.  This document
   extends the HTTP "Accept-Encoding" header field for use in responses,
   to indicate that content codings are supported in requests.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cice/

IESG discussion, once it begins, can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cice/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.