Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management-01.txt> (IETF ForCES Logical Function Block (LFB) Subsidiary Management) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:53:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IETF ForCES Logical Function Block (LFB) Subsidiary Management'
  <draft-ietf-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management-01.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Deployment experience has demonstrated the value of using the
   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) architecture to
   manage resources other than packet forwarding.  In that spirit, the
   Forwarding Element Manager (FEM) is modelled by creating a Logical
   Functional Block (LFB) to represent its functionality.  We refer to
   this LFB as the Subsidiary Mechanism (SM) LFB.  A Control Element
   (CE) that controls a Forwarding Element's (FE) resources can also
   manage its configuration via the SM LFB.  This document introduces
   the SM LFB, an LFB that specifies the configuration parameters of an
   FE.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.