Subject: RFC 7562 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization Using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP) Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7562

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization 
                    Using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP) 
                    Certificates 
        Author:     D. Thakore
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32576
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dthakore-tls-authz-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7562

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7562

This document specifies the use of Digital Transmission Content
Protection (DTCP) certificates as an authorization data type in the
authorization extension for the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
protocol.  This is in accordance with the guidelines for
authorization extensions as specified in RFC 5878.  As with other TLS
extensions, this authorization data can be included in the client and
server hello messages to confirm that both parties support the
desired authorization data types.  If supported by both the client
and the server, DTCP certificates are exchanged in the supplemental
data TLS handshake message as specified in RFC 4680.  This
authorization data type extension is in support of devices containing
DTCP certificates issued by the Digital Transmission Licensing
Administrator (DTLA).

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC