Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning-03.txt> (Attribute-Value Pairs For Provisioning Customer Equipment Supporting IPv4-Over-IPv6 Transitional Solutions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 07:40:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Attribute-Value Pairs For Provisioning Customer Equipment Supporting
   IPv4-Over-IPv6 Transitional Solutions'
  <draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   During the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, customer equipment may have
   to support one of the various transition methods that have been
   defined for carrying IPv4 packets over IPv6.  This document
   enumerates the information that needs to be provisioned on a customer
   edge router to support a list of transition techniques based on
   tunneling IPv4 in IPv6, with a view to defining reusable components
   for a reasonable transition path between these techniques.  To the
   extent that the provisioning is done dynamically, AAA support is
   needed to provide the information to the network server responsible
   for passing the information to the customer equipment.  This document
   specifies Diameter (RFC 6733) attribute-value pairs to be used for
   that purpose.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.