Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> (The .onion Special-Use Domain Name) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:24:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'The .onion Special-Use Domain Name'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document uses the Special-Use Domain Names registry to register the
'.onion' Top Level Domain (TLD) for the Tor Network. This is deemed necessary  
for hosts on the ToR network to apply for and receive legitimate SSL Certificates. 

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.