Subject: RFC 7597 on Mapping of Address and Port with Encapsulation (MAP-E)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 17:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7597

        Title:      Mapping of Address and Port 
                    with Encapsulation (MAP-E) 
        Author:     O. Troan, Ed., W. Dec, X. Li,
                    C. Bao, S. Matsushima,
                    T. Murakami, T. Taylor, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 70507
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-map-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7597

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7597

This document describes a mechanism for transporting IPv4 packets
across an IPv6 network using IP encapsulation.  It also describes a
generic mechanism for mapping between IPv6 addresses and IPv4
addresses as well as transport-layer ports.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC