Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-13.txt> (RTP Payload Format for High Efficiency Video Coding) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:11:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
WG (payload) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for High Efficiency Video Coding'
  <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

Please note that this draft has a normative reference to ITU-T Recommendation 
H.265, "High efficiency video  coding", April 2013.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes an RTP payload format for the video coding
   standard ITU-T Recommendation H.265 and ISO/IEC International
   Standard 23008-2, both also known as High Efficiency Video Coding
   (HEVC) and developed by the Joint Collaborative Team on Video
   Coding (JCT-VC).  The RTP payload format allows for packetization
   of one or more Network Abstraction Layer (NAL) units in each RTP
   packet payload, as well as fragmentation of a NAL unit into
   multiple RTP packets.  Furthermore, it supports transmission of
   an HEVC bitstream over a single as well as multiple RTP streams.
   When multiple RTP streams are used, a single or multiple
   transports may be utilized.  The payload format has wide
   applicability in videoconferencing, Internet video streaming, and
   high bit-rate entertainment-quality video, among others.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2376/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2321/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2508/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2190/