Subject: Last Call: <draft-iab-crypto-alg-agility-06.txt> (Guidelines for Cryptographic Algorithm Agility and Selecting Mandatory-to-Implement Algorithms) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:12:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Cryptographic Algorithm Agility and Selecting
   Mandatory-to-Implement Algorithms'
  <draft-iab-crypto-alg-agility-06.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many IETF protocols use cryptographic algorithms to provide
   confidentiality, integrity, authentication or digital signature.
   Communicating peers must support a common set of cryptographic
   algorithms for these mechanisms to work properly.  This memo provides
   guidelines to ensure that protocols have the ability to migrate from
   one mandatory-to-implement algorithm suite to another over time.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-crypto-alg-agility/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-crypto-alg-agility/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

There have been some recent comments on the saag list that
will be treated as last call comments. (See the thread at [1])

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg06373.html