Subject: RFC 7578 on Returning Values from Forms: multipart/form-data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:47:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7578

        Title:      Returning Values from Forms: multipart/form-data 
        Author:     L. Masinter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 30240
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2388

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7578

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7578

This specification defines the multipart/form-data media type, which
can be used by a wide variety of applications and transported by a
wide variety of protocols as a way of returning a set of values as
the result of a user filling out a form.  This document obsoletes
RFC 2388.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC