Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-05.txt> (Framework and Requirements for GMPLS-based control of Flexi-grid DWDM networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:57:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Framework and Requirements for GMPLS-based control of Flexi-grid DWDM
   networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   To allow efficient allocation of optical spectral bandwidth for high
   bit-rate systems, the International Telecommunication Union
   Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) has extended its
   Recommendations G.694.1 and G.872 to include a new dense wavelength
   division multiplexing (DWDM) grid by defining a set of nominal
   central frequencies, channel spacings and the concept of "frequency
   slot".  In such an environment, a data plane connection is switched
   based on allocated, variable-sized frequency ranges within the
   optical spectrum creating what is known as a flexible grid (flexi-
   grid).

   This document defines a framework and the associated control plane
   requirements for the GMPLS-based control of flexi-grid DWDM networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.