Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-homenet-dncp-07.txt> (Distributed Node Consensus Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:07:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Home Networking WG (homenet) to
consider the following document:
- 'Distributed Node Consensus Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-homenet-dncp-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the Distributed Node Consensus Protocol
   (DNCP), a generic state synchronization protocol which uses Trickle
   and Merkle trees.  DNCP leaves some details unspecified or provides
   alternative options.  Therefore, only profiles which specify those
   missing parts define actual implementable DNCP-based protocols.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dncp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dncp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.