Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-conex-mobile-05.txt> (Mobile Communication Congestion Exposure Scenario) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 07:34:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Congestion Exposure WG (conex)
to consider the following document:
- 'Mobile Communication Congestion Exposure Scenario'
  <draft-ietf-conex-mobile-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes a mobile communications use case for congestion
   exposure (ConEx) with a particular focus on those mobile
   communication networks that are architecturally similar to the 3GPP
   Evolved Packet System (EPS).  The draft provides a brief overview of
   the architecture of these networks (both access and core networks),
   current QoS mechanisms and then discusses how congestion exposure
   concepts could be applied.  Based on this, this memo suggests a set
   of requirements for ConEx mechanisms that particularly apply to these
   mobile networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-mobile/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-mobile/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1922/