Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05.txt> (TRILL: Pseudo-Nickname for Active-Active Access) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 09:28:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Pseudo-Nickname for Active-Active Access'
  <draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides support for flow level multi-pathing for both
   unicast and multi-destination traffic in networks with arbitrary
   topology. Active-active access at the TRILL edge is the extension of
   these characteristics to end stations that are multiply connected to
   a TRILL campus as discussed in RFC 7379. In this document, the edge
   RBridge (TRILL switch) group providing active-active access to such
   an end station are represented as a Virtual RBridge. Based on the
   concept of Virtual RBridge along with its pseudo-nickname, this
   document specifies a method for TRILL active-active access by such
   end stations.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2083/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2444/