Subject: BCP 199, RFC 7610 on DHCPv6-Shield: Protecting against Rogue DHCPv6 Servers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:34:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 199        
        RFC 7610

        Title:      DHCPv6-Shield: Protecting against Rogue DHCPv6 
                    Servers 
        Author:     F. Gont, W. Liu, G. Van de Velde
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26119
        See Also:   BCP 199

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7610

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7610

This document specifies a mechanism for protecting hosts connected to
a switched network against rogue DHCPv6 servers.  It is based on
DHCPv6 packet filtering at the layer 2 device at which the packets
are received.  A similar mechanism has been widely deployed in IPv4
networks ('DHCP snooping'); hence, it is desirable that similar
functionality be provided for IPv6 networks.  This document specifies
a Best Current Practice for the implementation of DHCPv6-Shield.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC