Subject: Protocol Action: 'Management Information Base for Virtual Machines Controlled by a Hypervisor' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-opsawg-vmm-mib-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:27:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Management Information Base for Virtual Machines Controlled by a
   Hypervisor'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-vmm-mib-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-vmm-mib/

Technical Summary

This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community. In particular, this specifies objects for managing
virtual machines controlled by a hypervisor (a.k.a. virtual machine
monitor).

Working Group Summary

This document was discussed in the opsawg for quite a while (more
than a year) with the only real question involving the number of
writeable variables in the MIB. The ID was modified to reflect the
WG consensus.

There were no comments during WGLC until the chairs indicated that they
interpreted the lack of comments as an indication of no support - this
produced a number of messages of support - enough support for the
chairs to bring the ID forward.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Scott Bradner.

The responsible Area Director is Joel Jaeggli.