Subject: RFC 7624 on Confidentiality in the Face of Pervasive Surveillance: A Threat Model and Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:34:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7624

        Title:      Confidentiality in the Face of 
                    Pervasive Surveillance: A Threat Model and 
                    Problem Statement 
        Author:     R. Barnes, B. Schneier,
                    C. Jennings, T. Hardie,
                    B. Trammell, C. Huitema,
                    D. Borkmann
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 62260
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-threat-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7624

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7624

Since the initial revelations of pervasive surveillance in 2013,
several classes of attacks on Internet communications have been
discovered.  In this document, we develop a threat model that
describes these attacks on Internet confidentiality.  We assume an
attacker that is interested in undetected, indiscriminate
eavesdropping.  The threat model is based on published, verified
attacks.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC