Subject: RFC 7609 on IBM's Shared Memory Communications over RDMA (SMC-R) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7609

        Title:      IBM's Shared Memory Communications over 
                    RDMA (SMC-R) Protocol 
        Author:     M. Fox, C. Kassimis, J. Stevens
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      143
        Characters: 326888
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-fox-tcpm-shared-memory-rdma-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7609

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7609

This document describes IBM's Shared Memory Communications over RDMA
(SMC-R) protocol.  This protocol provides Remote Direct Memory Access
(RDMA) communications to TCP endpoints in a manner that is
transparent to socket applications.  It further provides for dynamic
discovery of partner RDMA capabilities and dynamic setup of RDMA
connections, as well as transparent high availability and load
balancing when redundant RDMA network paths are available.  It
maintains many of the traditional TCP/IP qualities of service such as
filtering that enterprise users demand, as well as TCP socket
semantics such as urgent data.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC