Subject: Last Call: <draft-josefsson-scrypt-kdf-03.txt> (The scrypt Password-Based Key Derivation Function) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:32:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The scrypt Password-Based Key Derivation Function'
  <draft-josefsson-scrypt-kdf-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the password-based key derivation function
   scrypt.  The function derives one or more secret keys from a secret
   string.  It is based on memory-hard functions which offer added
   protection against attacks using custom hardware.  The document also
   provides an ASN.1 schema.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-scrypt-kdf/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-scrypt-kdf/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.