Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pals-vccv-for-gal-05.txt> (Using A Generic Associated Channel Label as a Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification Channel Indicator) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:18:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'Using A Generic Associated Channel Label as a Virtual Circuit
   Connectivity Verification Channel Indicator'
  <draft-ietf-pals-vccv-for-gal-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) protocol
   specified in RFC 5085 provides a control channel (CC) that is
   associated with a pseudowire (PW).  This document specifies an
   additional VCCV control channel type to be used with pseudowires (PW)
   which do not use the PW Control Word and which are carried over an
   MPLS network.  This new VCCV CC type uses the Generic Associated
   Channel Label defined in RFC5586 to distinguish VCCV packets from
   packets carrying user data.  This new VCCV CC type introduces
   compatibility with the method of MPLS Label Switched Path Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) identification, particularly in
   MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) networks (RFC5921).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-vccv-for-gal/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-vccv-for-gal/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.