Subject: RFC 7601 on Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7601

        Title:      Message Header Field for Indicating 
                    Message Authentication Status 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 120736
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7001, RFC 7410

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc7001bis-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7601

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7601

This document specifies a message header field called Authentication-
Results for use with electronic mail messages to indicate the results
of message authentication efforts.  Any receiver-side software, such
as mail filters or Mail User Agents (MUAs), can use this header field
to relay that information in a convenient and meaningful way to users
or to make sorting and filtering decisions.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC