Subject: Protocol Action: 'Applicability Statement: The use of the RPL protocol suite in Home Automation and Building Control' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 15:03:52 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Applicability Statement: The use of the RPL protocol suite in Home
   Automation and Building Control'
  (draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-12.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building/

Technical Summary

   The purpose of this document is to provide guidance in the selection
   and use of protocols from the RPL protocol suite to implement the
   features required for control in building and home environments.

Working Group Summary

   There has not been much discussion on the working group mailing list about
   this document. Apart from a review by the shepherd, a review with a focus on
   security has been carried out. In both cases the authors amended the 
   document to the reviewers' satisfaction. A further revision was made after AD
   review.

Document Quality

   The document is positioned as PS according to its classification as an
   Applicability Statement according to RFC 2026. This gives rise to a long
   list of downrefs that were called out in IETF last call.

   An AS is not implemented, per se, but this document is written based on
   the experience of a number of implementations.

Personnel

   Yvonne-Anne Pignolet is the Document Shepherd.
   Alvaro Retana is the Responsible AD.