Subject: RFC 7544 on Mapping and Interworking of Diversion Information between Diversion and History-Info Header Fields in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 11:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7544

        Title:      Mapping and Interworking of Diversion 
                    Information between Diversion and History-Info Header 
                    Fields in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     M. Mohali
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 68612
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6044

        I-D Tag:    draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7544

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7544

Although the SIP History-Info header field described in RFC 7044 is
the solution adopted in IETF, the non-standard Diversion header field
described, as Historic, in RFC 5806 is nevertheless already
implemented and used for conveying call-diversion-related information
in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling.

RFC 7044 obsoletes the original RFC 4244 and redefines the History-Info 
header field for capturing the history information in requests.

Since the Diversion header field is used in existing network
implementations for the transport of call diversion information, its
interworking with the SIP History-Info standardized solution is
needed.  This document describes a recommended interworking guideline
between the Diversion header field and the History-Info header field
to handle call diversion information.  This work is intended to
enable the migration from non-standard implementations toward IETF
specification-based implementations.

This document obsoletes RFC 6044, which describes the interworking
between the Diversion header field defined in RFC 5806 and the
obsoleted History-Info header field defined on RFC 4244.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC