Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label-04.txt> (Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in Lambda Switch Capable (LSC) Label Switching Routers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:14:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in Lambda Switch Capable (LSC)
   Label Switching Routers'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   GMPLS supports the description of optical switching by identifying
   entries in fixed lists of switchable wavelengths (called grids)
   through the encoding of lambda labels.  Work within the ITU-T Study
   Group 15 has defined a finer granularity grid, and the facility to
   flexibly select different widths of spectrum from the grid.  This
   document defines a new GMPLS lambda label format to support this
   flexi-grid.

   This document updates RFC 3471 and RFC 6205 by introducing a new
   label format.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.