Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-06.txt> (Autonomous System Migration Mechanisms and Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 14:13:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'Autonomous System Migration Mechanisms and Their Effects on the BGP
   AS_PATH Attribute'
  <draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft discusses some existing commonly-used BGP mechanisms for
   ASN migration that are not formally part of the BGP4 protocol
   specification.  It is necessary to document these de facto standards
   to ensure that they are properly supported in future BGP protocol
   work.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.