Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection-05.txt> (mLDP Node Protection) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:19:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'mLDP Node Protection'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes procedures to support node protection for
   Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
   (MP LSPs) that has been built by "Multipoint Label Distribution
   Protocol"(mLDP).  In order to protect a node N, the Point of Local
   Repair (PLR) LSR of N must learn the Merge Point (MPT) LSR(s) of node
   N such that traffic can be redirected to them in case node N fails.
   Redirecting the traffic around the failed node N depends on existing
   P2P LSPs.  The pre-established LSPs originate from the PLR LSR and
   terminate on the MPT LSRs while bypassing LSR N.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2116/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1727/