Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple-03.txt> (Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute Reply Mode Simplification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 06:06:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute Reply Mode Simplification'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple-03.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP)
   Ping and Traceroute use the Reply Mode field to signal the method to
   be used in the MPLS echo reply.  This document updates the "Reply via
   Specified Path (5)" Reply Mode value to easily indicate the reverse
   LSP.  This document also adds an optional TLV which can carry ordered
   list of Reply Mode values.

   This document updates RFC7110.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.