Subject: RFC 7639 on The ALPN HTTP Header Field

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:56:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7639

        Title:      The ALPN HTTP Header Field 
        Author:     A. Hutton, J. Uberti, M. Thomson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14455
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7639

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7639

This specification allows HTTP CONNECT requests to indicate what
protocol is intended to be used within the tunnel once established,
using the ALPN header field.

This document is a product of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC