Subject: RFC 7620 on Scenarios with Host Identification Complications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7620

        Title:      Scenarios with Host Identification Complications 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, Ed.,
                    B. Chatras, T. Reddy,
                    B. Williams, B. Sarikaya
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 60354
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7620

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7620

This document describes a set of scenarios in which complications
when identifying which policy to apply for a host are encountered.
This problem is abstracted as "host identification".  Describing
these scenarios allows commonalities between scenarios to be
identified, which is helpful during the solution design phase.

This document does not include any solution-specific discussions.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC