Subject: RFC 7644 on System for Cross-domain Identity Management: Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:35:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7644

        Title:      System for Cross-domain Identity Management: 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     P. Hunt, Ed.,
                    K. Grizzle, M. Ansari,
                    E. Wahlstroem, C. Mortimore
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      89
        Characters: 170460
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-scim-api-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7644

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7644

The System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
is an HTTP-based protocol that makes managing identities in
multi-domain scenarios easier to support via a standardized service.
Examples include, but are not limited to, enterprise-to-cloud service
providers and inter-cloud scenarios.  The specification suite seeks
to build upon experience with existing schemas and deployments,
placing specific emphasis on simplicity of development and
integration, while applying existing authentication, authorization,
and privacy models.  SCIM's intent is to reduce the cost and
complexity of user management operations by providing a common user
schema, an extension model, and a service protocol defined by this
document.

This document is a product of the System for Cross-domain Identity Management Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC