Subject: Protocol Action: 'DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements' to Best Current Practice (draft-iab-2870bis-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 05:01:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements'
  (draft-iab-2870bis-03.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Internet Architecture Board Working
Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-2870bis/

Technical Summary

   The DNS Root Name service is a critical part of the Internet
   architecture.  The protocol and deployment requirements expected to
   be implemented for the DNS root name service are defined in this
   document.  Operational requirements are out of scope.

Working Group Summary

   A last call has been run on [email-masked] mailing list, as well
   as many discussions in ICANN RSSAC around this topic.
   The RSSAC has updated its operational recommendations
   to match this document; together they replace the original
   RFC 2870.

Document Quality

   The document has been extensively discussed in both the IETF
   and ICANN RSSAC.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.