Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-pmtud-ecmp-problem-04.txt> (Close encounters of the ICMP type 2 kind (near misses with ICMPv6 PTB)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:16:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Close encounters of the ICMP type 2 kind (near misses with ICMPv6
PTB)'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-pmtud-ecmp-problem-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document calls attention to the problem of delivering ICMPv6
   type 2 "Packet Too Big" (PTB) messages to the intended destination
   (typically the server) in ECMP load balanced or anycast network
   architectures.  It discusses operational mitigations that can be
   employed to address this class of failures.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-pmtud-ecmp-problem/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-pmtud-ecmp-problem/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.