Subject: RFC 7623 on Provider Backbone Bridging Combined with Ethernet VPN (PBB-EVPN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:00:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7623

        Title:      Provider Backbone Bridging Combined with 
                    Ethernet VPN (PBB-EVPN) 
        Author:     A. Sajassi, Ed.,
                    S. Salam,
                    N. Bitar,
                    A. Isaac,
                    W. Henderickx
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 52595
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-evpn-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7623

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7623

This document discusses how Ethernet Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB)
can be combined with Ethernet VPN (EVPN) in order to reduce the 
number of BGP MAC Advertisement routes by aggregating Customer/Client 
MAC (C-MAC) addresses via Provider Backbone MAC (B-MAC) address, 
provide client MAC address mobility using C-MAC aggregation, confine 
the scope of C-MAC learning to only active flows, offer per-site 
policies, and avoid C-MAC address flushing on topology changes.  The
combined solution is referred to as PBB-EVPN.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC