Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ppsp-base-tracker-protocol-10.txt> (PPSP Tracker Protocol-Base Protocol (PPSP-TP/1.0)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:59:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol
WG (ppsp) to consider the following document:
- 'PPSP Tracker Protocol-Base Protocol (PPSP-TP/1.0)'
  <draft-ietf-ppsp-base-tracker-protocol-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the base Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol-
   Tracker Protocol (PPSP-TP/1.0), an application-layer control
   (signaling) protocol for the exchange of meta information between
   trackers and peers.  The specification outlines the architecture of
   the protocol and its functionality, and describes message flows,
   message processing instructions, message formats, formal syntax and
   semantics.  The PPSP Tracker Protocol enables cooperating peers to
   form content streaming overlay networks to support near real-time
   Structured Media content delivery (audio, video, associated timed
   text and metadata), such as adaptive multi-rate, layered (scalable)
   and multi-view (3D) videos, in live, time-shifted and on-demand
   modes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-base-tracker-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-base-tracker-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.