Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-01.txt> (SIIT-DC: Dual Translation Mode) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 06:07:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'SIIT-DC: Dual Translation Mode'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an extension of the Stateless IP/ICMP
   Translation for IPv6 Internet Data Centre Environments architecture
   (SIIT-DC), which allows applications, protocols, or nodes that are
   incompatible with IPv6, and/or Network Address Translation to operate
   correctly in an SIIT-DC environment.  This is accomplished by
   introducing a new component called an SIIT-DC Edge Relay, which
   reverses the translations made by an SIIT-DC Border Relay.  The
   application and/or node is thus provided with seemingly native IPv4
   connectivity that provides end-to-end address transparency.

   The reader is expected to be familiar with the SIIT-DC architecture
   described in I-D.ietf-v6ops-siit-dc.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.