Subject: RFC 7631 on TLV Naming in the Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Generalized Packet/Message Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:31:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7631

        Title:      TLV Naming in the Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) 
                    Generalized Packet/Message Format 
        Author:     C. Dearlove, T. Clausen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34376
        Updates:    RFC 5444

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7631

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7631

This document reorganizes the naming of already-allocated TLV (type-
length-value) types and type extensions in the "Mobile Ad hoc NETwork
(MANET) Parameters" registries defined by RFC 5444 to use names
appropriately.  It has no consequences in terms of any protocol
implementation.

This document also updates the Expert Review guidelines in RFC 5444,
so as to establish a policy for consistent naming of future TLV type
and type extension allocations.  It makes no other changes to
RFC 5444.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC