Subject: RFC 7649 on The Jabber Scribe Role at IETF Meetings

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:17:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7649

        Title:      The Jabber Scribe Role at 
                    IETF Meetings 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre, D. York
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27720
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-saintandre-jabber-scribe-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7649

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7649

During IETF meetings, individual volunteers often help sessions run
more smoothly by relaying information back and forth between the
physical meeting room and an associated textual chatroom.  Such
volunteers are commonly called "Jabber scribes".  This document
summarizes experience with the Jabber scribe role and provides some
suggestions for fulfilling the role at IETF meetings.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC