Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path-03.txt> (Performance-based Path Selection for Explicitly Routed LSPs using TE Metric Extensions) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:44:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture
and Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document:
- 'Performance-based Path Selection for Explicitly Routed LSPs using TE
   Metric Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In certain networks, it is critical to consider network performance
   criteria when selecting the path for an explicitly routed RSVP-TE
   LSP.  Such performance criteria can include latency, jitter, and loss
   or other indications such as the conformance to link performance
   objectives and non-RSVP TE traffic load.  This specification uses
   network performance data, such as is advertised via the OSPF and ISIS
   TE metric extensions (defined outside the scope of this document) to
   perform such path selections.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2200/