Subject: Document Action: 'IRR & Routing Policy Configuration Considerations' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 08:47:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IRR & Routing Policy Configuration Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations-06.txt) as
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-irr-routing-policy-considerations/

Technical Summary

   The purpose of this document is to catalog past issues influencing
   the efficacy of Internet Routing Registries (IRR) for inter-domain
   routing policy specification and application in the global routing
   system over the past two decades.  Additionally, it provides a
   discussion regarding which of these issues are still problematic in
   practice, and which are simply artifacts that are no longer
   applicable but continue to stifle inter-provider policy-based
   filtering adoption and IRR utility to this day.

Working Group Summary

No reporting of note from the working group precess. 

Document Quality

  Are there existing implementations of the protocol? Have a 
  significant number of vendors indicated their plan to 
  implement the specification? Are there any reviewers that 
  merit special mention as having done a thorough review, 
  e.g., one that resulted in important changes or a 
  conclusion that the document had no substantive issues? If 
  there was a MIB Doctor, Media Type or other expert review, 
  what was its course (briefly)? In the case of a Media Type 
  review, on what date was the request posted?

Personnel

Shepherd: Chris Morrow
AD: Joel Jaeggli