Subject: RFC 7604 on Comparison of Different NAT Traversal Techniques for Media Controlled by the Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7604

        Title:      Comparison of Different NAT Traversal 
                    Techniques for Media Controlled by the 
                    Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) 
        Author:     M. Westerlund, T. Zeng
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 110996
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7604

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7604

This document describes several Network Address Translator (NAT)
traversal techniques that were considered to be used for establishing
the RTP media flows controlled by the Real-Time Streaming Protocol
(RTSP).  Each technique includes a description of how it would be
used, the security implications of using it, and any other deployment
considerations it has.  There are also discussions on how NAT
traversal techniques relate to firewalls and how each technique can
be applied in different use cases.  These findings were used when
selecting the NAT traversal for RTSP 2.0, which is specified in a
separate document.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC