Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-10.txt> (Relayed Echo Reply mechanism for LSP Ping) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:06:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Relayed Echo Reply mechanism for LSP Ping'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In some inter autonomous system (AS) and inter-area deployment
   scenarios for RFC 4379 "Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping and
   Traceroute", a replying Label Switching Router (LSR) may not have the
   available route to an initiator, and the Echo Reply message sent to
   the initiator would be discarded resulting in false negatives or
   complete failure of operation of LSP Ping and Traceroute.  This
   document describes extensions to LSP Ping mechanism to enable the
   replying LSR to have the capability to relay the Echo Response by a
   set of routable intermediate nodes to the initiator.  This document
   updates RFC 4379.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1945/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/828/