Subject: Protocol Action: 'Updating the Definition of Term for IAOC Members' to Best Current Practice (draft-bradner-iaoc-terms-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 08:01:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updating the Definition of Term for IAOC Members'
  (draft-bradner-iaoc-terms-04.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bradner-iaoc-terms/

Technical Summary

   The start and end dates specified in BCP 101 for terms of IAOC
   members has proven to be impractical.  This memo updates BCP 101 to
   establish start and end dates for terms of IAOC members that will be
   more practical.  In addition, this memo clarifies the term of the
   IAOC Chair.

Working Group Summary

   There has been extensive discussion on the IETF last call
   as well as in the IAOC itself.

Document Quality

   There is a lot of experience about the arrangements
   relating to the IAOC selections.

Personnel

   Tobias Gondrom is the document shepherd, and Jari Arkko
   is the responsible area director.