Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Support for Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 13:31:08 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Support for Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)'
  (draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6/

Technical Summary

  The document specifies GRE procedures for IPv6, when used either as payload
  or delivery protocol. Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) can be used to carry
  any network-layer payload protocol over any network-layer delivery protocol.
  GRE procedures are specified for IPv4 in RFC 2784, but are not defined for IPv6.

  The document describes how GRE for IPv6 has been implemented by several vendors.

Working Group Summary

  The normal WG process was followed and the document has been discussed for several
  cycles. The document as it is now, reflects WG consensus, with nothing special worth noting.

Document Quality

  The document describes how GRE for IPv6 has been implemented
  by several vendors, so there exist implementations of the mechanisms
  described in the document.

  The document has received multiple thorough reviews in the WG.

Personnel

  Carlos J. Bernardos ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
  Brian Haberman ([email-masked]) is the AD.