Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-05.txt> (Advertising per-node administrative tags in OSPF) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 17:40:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'Advertising per-node administrative tags in OSPF'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an extension to OSPF protocol to add an
   optional operational capability, that allows tagging and grouping of
   the nodes in an OSPF domain.  This allows simplification, ease of
   management and control over route and path selection based on
   configured policies.  This document describes an extension to OSPF
   protocol to advertise per-node administrative tags.  The node-tags
   can be used to express and apply locally-defined network policies
   which is a very useful operational capability.  Node tags may be used
   either by OSPF itself or by other applications consuming information
   propagated via OSPF.

   This document describes the protocol extensions to disseminate per-
   node administrative-tags to the OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 protocol.  It
   provides example use cases of administrative node tags.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2460/