Subject: Last Call: <draft-santesson-auth-context-extension-09.txt> (Authentication Context Certificate Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 15:08:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Authentication Context Certificate Extension'
  <draft-santesson-auth-context-extension-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to certificates according to
   [RFC5280]. The extension defined in this document holds data about
   how the certificate subject was authenticated by the Certification
   Authority that issued the certificate in which this extension appears

   This document also defines one data structure for inclusion in this
   Extension. The data structure is designed to hold information when
   the subject is authenticated using a SAML assertion [SAML].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-santesson-auth-context-extension/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-santesson-auth-context-extension/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

Note: The editorial comments in the shepherd report have been addressed.  These will be removed/updated in a future version of the shepherd report, but I didn't want to hold up processing of this draft any further.