Subject: RFC 7593 on The eduroam Architecture for Network Roaming

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:34:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7593

        Title:      The eduroam Architecture for Network 
                    Roaming 
        Author:     K. Wierenga, S. Winter,
                    T. Wolniewicz
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 89517
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wierenga-ietf-eduroam-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7593

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7593

This document describes the architecture of the eduroam service for
federated (wireless) network access in academia.  The combination of
IEEE 802.1X, the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), and RADIUS
that is used in eduroam provides a secure, scalable, and deployable
service for roaming network access.  The successful deployment of
eduroam over the last decade in the educational sector may serve as
an example for other sectors, hence this document.  In particular,
the initial architectural choices and selection of standards are
described, along with the changes that were prompted by operational
experience.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC