Subject: RFC 7640 on Traffic Management Benchmarking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:16:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7640

        Title:      Traffic Management Benchmarking 
        Author:     B. Constantine, R. Krishnan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 107543
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-traffic-management-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7640

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7640

This framework describes a practical methodology for benchmarking the
traffic management capabilities of networking devices (i.e.,
policing, shaping, etc.).  The goals are to provide a repeatable test
method that objectively compares performance of the device's traffic
management capabilities and to specify the means to benchmark traffic
management with representative application traffic.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC