Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp-04.txt> (STP Application of ICCP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 12:06:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'STP Application of ICCP'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP) supports an inter-chassis
   redundancy mechanism which is used to support high network
   availability.

   In this document, the PEs in a Redundancy Group (RG) running ICCP are
   used to offer multi-homed connectivity to Spanning Tree Protocol
   (STP) networks to improve availability of the STP networks. The ICCP
   TLVs  and usage for the ICCP STP application are defined.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.