Subject: RFC 7594 on A Framework for Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance (LMAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 08:32:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7594

        Title:      A Framework for Large-Scale Measurement 
                    of Broadband Performance (LMAP) 
        Author:     P. Eardley,
                    A. Morton,
                    M. Bagnulo,
                    T. Burbridge,
                    P. Aitken,
                    A. Akhter
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 131972
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lmap-framework-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7594

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7594

Measuring broadband service on a large scale requires a description
of the logical architecture and standardisation of the key protocols
that coordinate interactions between the components.  This document
presents an overall framework for large-scale measurements.  It also
defines terminology for LMAP (Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband
Performance).

This document is a product of the Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC