Subject: RFC 7637 on NVGRE: Network Virtualization Using Generic Routing Encapsulation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7637

        Title:      NVGRE: Network Virtualization Using Generic 
                    Routing Encapsulation 
        Author:     P. Garg, Ed.,
                    Y. Wang, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 40042
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sridharan-virtualization-nvgre-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7637

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7637

This document describes the usage of the Generic Routing Encapsulation
(GRE) header for Network Virtualization (NVGRE) in multi-tenant
data centers.  Network Virtualization decouples virtual networks and
addresses from physical network infrastructure, providing isolation
and concurrency between multiple virtual networks on the same
physical network infrastructure.  This document also introduces a
Network Virtualization framework to illustrate the use cases, but
the focus is on specifying the data-plane aspect of NVGRE.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC