Subject: Protocol Action: 'GMPLS OSPF Enhancement for Signal and Network Element Compatibility for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:40:03 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'GMPLS OSPF Enhancement for Signal and Network Element Compatibility
   for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-17.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf/

Technical Summary

 This document provides Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching 
 (GMPLS) Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing enhancements to support 
 signal compatibility constraints associated with Wavelength- Switched 
 Optical network (WSON) elements. These routing enhancements are 
 applicable in common optical or hybrid electro-optical networks where 
 not all of the optical signals in the network are compatible with all 
 network elements participating in the network.

 This compatibility constraint model is applicable to common optical or 
 hybrid electro optical systems such as Optical-Electronic-Optical (OEO) 
 switches, regenerators, and wavelength converters since such systems 
 can be limited to processing only certain types of WSON signals.

Working Group Summary

 Nothing of note, document has multiple contributors and support by 
 Working Group.

Document Quality

 The base GMPLS routing protocol has been implemented.  The extensions
 defined in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.
 Multiple implementers have stated their intent to implement, or have
 stated that they have already implemented, the mechanisms defined in
 this document.

Personnel

 Document Shepherd: Lou Berger
 Responsible Area Director: Deborah Brungard