Subject: BCP 200, RFC 1984 on IAB and IESG Statement on Cryptographic Technology and the Internet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:29:27 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 1984 been elevated to Best Current Practice (BCP).  

        BCP 200        
        RFC 1984

        Title:      IAB and IESG Statement on 
                    Cryptographic Technology and the Internet 
        Author:     IAB, IESG
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 1996
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10738
        See Also:   BCP 200

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc1984

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC1984

The Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), the bodies which oversee architecture and standards for the Internet, are concerned by the need for increased protection of international commercial transactions on the Internet, and by the need to offer all Internet users an adequate degree of privacy. This memo provides information for the Internet community.  This memo does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC