Subject: Document Action: 'Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Address Generation Mechanisms' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 08:53:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Address Generation Mechanisms'
  (draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy-08.txt) as
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy/

Technical Summary

   This document discusses privacy and security considerations for
   several IPv6 address generation mechanisms, both standardized and
   non-standardized.  It evaluates how different mechanisms mitigate
   different threats and the trade-offs that implementors, developers,
   and users face in choosing different addresses or address generation
   mechanisms.

Working Group Summary

   The initial revision of this work was published in July 2013. There
   is a strong consensus in support of this document.

Document Quality

  The 6man working group appoints reviewers for all documents being
  advanced to the IESG. This document has been reviewed in detail by
  6man reviewers, and it has had extensive discussion on the mailing
  list.
  
Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Ole Troan
  Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman