Subject: RFC 7638 on JSON Web Key (JWK) Thumbprint

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:31:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7638

        Title:      JSON Web Key (JWK) Thumbprint 
        Author:     M. Jones, N. Sakimura
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27593
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jose-jwk-thumbprint-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7638

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7638

This specification defines a method for computing a hash value over a
JSON Web Key (JWK).  It defines which fields in a JWK are used in the
hash computation, the method of creating a canonical form for those
fields, and how to convert the resulting Unicode string into a byte
sequence to be hashed.  The resulting hash value can be used for
identifying or selecting the key represented by the JWK that is the
subject of the thumbprint.

This document is a product of the Javascript Object Signing and Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC