Subject: RFC 7650 on A Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Usage for REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:20:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7650

        Title:      A Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) 
                    Usage for REsource LOcation And Discovery 
                    (RELOAD) 
        Author:     J. Jimenez, J. Lopez-Vega,
                    J. Maenpaa, G. Camarillo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 37404
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jimenez-p2psip-coap-reload-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7650

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7650

This document defines a Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Usage
for REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD).  The CoAP Usage
provides the functionality to federate Wireless Sensor Networks
(WSNs) in a peer-to-peer fashion.  The CoAP Usage for RELOAD allows
CoAP nodes to store resources in a RELOAD peer-to-peer overlay,
provides a lookup service, and enables the use of RELOAD overlay as a
cache for sensor data.  This functionality is implemented in the
RELOAD overlay itself, without the use of centralized servers.  The
RELOAD AppAttach method is used to establish a direct connection
between nodes through which CoAP messages are exchanged.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC