Subject: Protocol Action: 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Extension for Port Set Allocation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pcp-port-set-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 07:52:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Extension for Port Set Allocation'
  (draft-ietf-pcp-port-set-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-port-set/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an extension to the Port Control Protocol (PCP)
   allowing clients to manipulate sets of ports as a whole.  This is
   accomplished by a new MAP option: PORT_SET.

Working Group Summary

  Was there anything in WG process that is worth noting? For 
  example, was there controversy about particular points or 
  were there decisions where the consensus was particularly 
  rough?

No

Document Quality

  Are there existing implementations of the protocol? 

Yes, two implementations. 

Have a significant number of vendors indicated their plan to 
implement the specification? 

None besides the two implementations discussed during review.

Are there any reviewers that  merit special mention as having
done a thorough review,   e.g., one that resulted in important
changes or a  conclusion that the document had no substantive issues? 

Dan Wing and Dave Thaler did a thorough review

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd? 

Reinaldo Penno

Who is the Responsible Area Director?

Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>