Subject: RFC 7653 on DHCPv6 Active Leasequery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7653

        Title:      DHCPv6 Active Leasequery 
        Author:     D. Raghuvanshi, K. Kinnear, D. Kukrety
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 71631
        Updates:    RFC 5460

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7653

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7653

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) has been
extended with a Leasequery capability that allows a requestor to
request information about DHCPv6 bindings.  That mechanism is limited
to queries for DHCPv6 binding data updates prior to the time the
DHCPv6 server receives the Leasequery request.  Continuous update of
an external requestor with Leasequery data is sometimes desired.
This document expands on the DHCPv6 Leasequery protocol and allows
for active transfer of real-time DHCPv6 binding information data via
TCP.  This document also updates DHCPv6 Bulk Leasequery (RFC 5460) by
adding new options.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC