Subject: RFC 7659 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Network Address Translators (NATs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7659

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for 
                    Network Address Translators (NATs) 
        Author:     S. Perreault, T. Tsou,
                    S. Sivakumar, T. Taylor
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      84
        Characters: 183157
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-perrault-behave-natv2-mib-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7659

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7659

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for devices implementing the Network Address Translator (NAT)
function.  The new MIB module defined in this document, NATV2-MIB, is
intended to replace module NAT-MIB (RFC 4008).  NATV2-MIB is not
backwards compatible with NAT-MIB, for reasons given in the text of
this document.  A companion document deprecates all objects in
NAT-MIB.  NATV2-MIB can be used for the monitoring of NAT instances
on a device capable of NAT function.  Compliance levels are defined
for three application scenarios: basic NAT, pooled NAT, and
carrier-grade NAT (CGN).

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC