Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp-08.txt> (DTLS-SRTP Handling in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 05:10:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Sip Traversal Required for
Applications to Work WG (straw) to consider the following document:
- 'DTLS-SRTP Handling in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back
   User Agents (B2BUAs)'
  <draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)
   often act on the media plane, rather than just on the signaling path.
   This document describes the behavior such B2BUAs can adhere to when
   acting on the media plane that uses an Secure Real-time Transport
   (SRTP) security context set up with the Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) protocol.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.