Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption-02.txt> (Reducing energy consumption of Router Advertisements) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 06:24:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Reducing energy consumption of Router Advertisements'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption-02.txt> as Best
Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Frequent Router Advertisement messages can severely impact host power
   consumption.  This document recommends operational practices to avoid
   such impact.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.