Subject: RFC 7673 on Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA Records with SRV Records

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7673

        Title:      Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named 
                    Entities (DANE) TLSA Records with SRV 
                    Records 
        Author:     T. Finch, M. Miller, P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34193
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dane-srv-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7673

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7673

The DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) specification
(RFC 6698) describes how to use TLSA resource records secured by
DNSSEC (RFC 4033) to associate a server's connection endpoint with
its Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate (thus enabling
administrators of domain names to specify the keys used in that
domain's TLS servers).  However, application protocols that use SRV
records (RFC 2782) to indirectly name the target server connection
endpoints for a service domain name cannot apply the rules from RFC
6698.  Therefore, this document provides guidelines that enable such
protocols to locate and use TLSA records.

This document is a product of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC