Subject: Call for Review: <draft-sparks-genarea-interim-management-00.txt> (Interim Meeting Management)

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:04:37 +0100

This is a request for a review of a Statement of Work from the IAOC
Tools Committee. Please take a look at the document and provide the
committee feedback.

Jari Arkko

——

The IAOC Tools Committee has developed a Statement of Work (SoW) for
an enhancement to the IETF Datatracker to assist in managing interim
meetings and virtual interim meetings.  We are asking for review by the
IETF community before seeking a vendor to write the software to
implement the new Datatracker features described in the document.

Much of the effort in scheduling interim meetings and virtual interim
meetings is performed manually by the IETF Secretariat.  With the
increase in the number of virtual interims, remaining consistent is
becoming difficult.  The Secretariat frequently has to spend time
correcting errors in requests, usually as a result of incorrect or
missing information.  Better automated tools could greatly increase
the consistency of information provided in the requests and greatly
improve consistency in the processing of those requests.

Managing announcements and maintaining a list of upcoming interim
meetings are largely manual efforts.  There is currently no calendar
for subscriptions to upcoming interim meetings and virtual interim
meetings; this effort will provide one.

Management of interim meeting materials (agendas, slides, and minutes)
is decoupled from the management of the meeting itself, leading to the
situation where chairs can create interim meeting objects in the
Datatracker, inadvertently bypassing the current steps designed to
ensure approval, when needed, and proper announcement.  This effort
will provide better meeting management for the Secretariat, Area
Directors, and Working Group Chairs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-genarea-interim-management-00.txt/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The IAOC plans to solicit bids for the development of these new features
in the next few weeks, and solicits comments on this SoW. Please send
comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by November 10, 2015.
Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead.  In either
case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated
sorting.

Thank you,
Russ Housley
Chair of the IAOC Tools Committee