Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-09.txt> (Home Networking Control Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 09:25:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Home Networking WG (homenet) to
consider the following document:
- 'Home Networking Control Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the Home Networking Control Protocol (HNCP),
   an extensible configuration protocol and a set of requirements for
   home network devices.  HNCP is described as a profile of and
   extension to the Distributed Node Consensus Protocol (DNCP).  HNCP
   enables discovery of network borders, automated configuration of
   addresses, name resolution, service discovery, and the use of any
   routing protocol which supports routing based on both source and
   destination address.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-hncp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-hncp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.