Subject: RFC 7665 on Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:57:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7665

        Title:      Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture 
        Author:     J. Halpern, Ed.,
                    C. Pignataro, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 74825
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sfc-architecture-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7665

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7665

This document describes an architecture for the specification,
creation, and ongoing maintenance of Service Function Chains (SFCs)
in a network.  It includes architectural concepts, principles, and
components used in the construction of composite services through
deployment of SFCs, with a focus on those to be standardized in the
IETF.  This document does not propose solutions, protocols, or
extensions to existing protocols.

This document is a product of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC