Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generic Raw Public Key Support for IKEv2' to Proposed Standard (draft-kivinen-ipsecme-oob-pubkey-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:10:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Generic Raw Public Key Support for IKEv2'
  (draft-kivinen-ipsecme-oob-pubkey-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-ipsecme-oob-pubkey/

Technical Summary

   The document extends IKEv2 with generic support for multiple
   formats of raw public keys. This is expected to be used in IOT
   settings and/or setups using DANE. Raw RSA keys were removed
   from IKEv2 in its latest iteration (RFC 7296) in anticipation of
   this document.

Working Group Summary

   There was not enough IPsecME WG energy behind the draft,
   so it never became a WG document. But the chairs do
   support its publication as an AD-sponsored Standards Track
   RFC so as not to lose an existing IKEv2 feature
   (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipsec/current/msg08358.html).
   The document updates RFC 7296.

Document Quality

   This is a small extension to the protocol and
   it was written by experienced IPsec implementors;
   moreover, it re-enacts and extends functionality that's
   been there for a while.  It has had several reviews by
   experienced IPsecMe WG participants.

   idnits should a reference to an obsoleted RFC, this is
   correct as that is the appropriate reference.
-- Obsolete informational reference (is this intentional?): RFC 5996
     (Obsoleted by RFC 7296)

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Yaron Sheffer.
   The responsible Area Director is Kathleen Moriarty.