Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Optional Router Capabilities' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:02:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Optional Router Capabilities'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis/

Technical Summary

   This document describes both a generic mechanism for advertising
   router capabilities and a TLV for advertising informational and
   functional capability bits. 

   This document obsoletes RFC 4970 by providing a revised specification
   including support for advertisement of multiple instances of the RI
   LSA and a TLV for functional capabilities.

Working Group Summary

   This document has been a WG document for more than six months.
   It is stable, without changes to the technical solution for more
   than six months.