Subject: Document Action: 'SIIT-DC: Dual Translation Mode' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:44:31 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SIIT-DC: Dual Translation Mode'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat/

Technical Summary

   This document describes an extension of the Stateless IP/ICMP
   Translation for IPv6 Internet Data Centre Environments architecture
   (SIIT-DC), which allows applications, protocols, or nodes that
   are incompatible with IPv6, and/or Network Address Translation
   to operate correctly in an SIIT-DC environment.  This is
   accomplished by introducing a new component called an SIIT-DC
   Edge Relay, which reverses the translations made by an SIIT-DC
   Border Relay.  The application and/or node is thus provided with
   seemingly native IPv4 connectivity that provides end-to-end
   address transparency.

   The reader is expected to be familiar with the SIIT-DC architecture
   described in I-D.ietf-v6ops-siit-dc.

Working Group Summary

   The only real question was whether it belonged in the WG. The
   WG, in discussion, determined that it constituted an operational
   procedure comparable to 464xlat, and was therefore within charter.

Document Quality

   The only real question was whether it belonged in the WG. The
   WG, in discussion, determined that it constituted an operational
   procedure comparable to 464xlat, and was therefore within charter.

Personnel

   Fred Baker is the document shepherd. The AD is Joel Jaeggli.