Subject: Document Action: 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS)' to Informational RFC (draft-blanchet-ccsds-urn-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:28:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Consultative Committee
   for Space Data Systems (CCSDS)'
  (draft-blanchet-ccsds-urn-01.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-blanchet-ccsds-urn/

Technical Summary

This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace
intended for persistently and uniquely naming resources published by
the Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS).

This is a straightforward URN namespace registration request,
submitted as an Informational document, as we have generally done
with such requests.

Review and Consensus

The registration request has been reviewed by the URNbis working group
to assess any effects that the registration process updates they are working
on might have on this document.  No issues have arisen from that review
with respect to this document, though they are considering changing
the new registration process to explicitly say that some types of organizations
should be allowed and expected to review their own URN namespace
registrations, and that we need not be involved at the level we have been.

Personnel

Barry Leiba is the document shepherd and responsible AD.