Subject: RFC 7669 on Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:05:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7669

        Title:      Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs 
        Author:     J. Levine
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15726
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-doi-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7669

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7669

This document describes the way that Digital Object Identifiers
(DOIs) are assigned to past and future RFCs.  The DOI is a widely
used system that assigns unique identifiers to digital documents that
can be queried and managed in a consistent fashion.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC