Subject: RFC 7676 on IPv6 Support for Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:37:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7676

        Title:      IPv6 Support for Generic Routing 
                    Encapsulation (GRE) 
        Author:     C. Pignataro, R. Bonica, S. Krishnan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21622
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-intarea-gre-ipv6-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7676

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7676

Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) can be used to carry any network-
layer payload protocol over any network-layer delivery protocol.
Currently, GRE procedures are specified for IPv4, used as either the
payload or delivery protocol.  However, GRE procedures are not
specified for IPv6.

This document specifies GRE procedures for IPv6, used as either the
payload or delivery protocol.

This document is a product of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC