Subject: RFC 7658 on Deprecation of MIB Module NAT-MIB: Managed Objects for Network Address Translators (NATs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:14:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7658

        Title:      Deprecation of MIB Module NAT-MIB: 
                    Managed Objects for Network Address Translators 
                    (NATs) 
        Author:     S. Perreault, T. Tsou,
                    S. Sivakumar, T. Taylor
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      62
        Characters: 121658
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4008

        I-D Tag:    draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7658

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7658

This memo deprecates MIB module NAT-MIB, a portion of the Management
Information Base (MIB) previously defined in RFC 4008 for devices
implementing Network Address Translator (NAT) function.  A companion
document defines a new version, NATV2-MIB, which responds to
deficiencies found in module NAT-MIB and adds new capabilities.

This document obsoletes RFC 4008.  All MIB objects specified in RFC
4008 are included in this version unchanged with only the STATUS
changed to deprecated.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC