Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-03.txt> (S-PE Protection for MPLS and MPLS-TP Static Multi-Segment Pseudowires) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 18:21:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'S-PE Protection for MPLS and MPLS-TP Static Multi-Segment Pseudowires'
  <draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In MPLS and MPLS-TP environments, statically provisioned Single-
   Segment Pseudowires (SS-PWs) are protected against tunnel failure via
   MPLS-level and MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.  With statically
   provisioned Multi-Segment Pseudowires (MS-PWs), each segment of the
   MS-PW is likewise protected from tunnel failures via MPLS-level and
   MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.  However, static MS-PWs are not
   protected end-to-end against failure of one of the switching PEs
   (S-PEs) along the path of the MS-PW.  This document describes how to
   achieve this protection via redundant MS-PWs by updating the existing
   procedures in RFC 6870.  It also contains an optional approach based
   on MPLS-TP Linear Protection.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.