Subject: Protocol Action: 'Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Application of Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 02:28:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Application of Inter-Chassis
   Communication Protocol (ICCP)'
  (draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp/

Technical Summary

  Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP) supports an inter-chassis
  redundancy mechanism which achieves high availability.

  In this document, the PEs in a Redundancy Group (RG) running ICCP
  are used to offer multi-homed connectivity to Spanning Tree Protocol
  (STP) networks. The ICCP TLVs for the STP application are defined,
  therefore PEs from the RG can make use of these TLVs to synchronize
  the state and configuration data of the STP network. The operation
  logic of the application and the usage of these ICCP TLVs are specified.

Working Group Summary

  As a result of WG last call, a number of improvements were made to the
  draft from revision -01 to -02, largely based on review comments from
  Alexander (Sasha) Vainshtein. Because of the changes, the WG
  was given a chance to re-review revision -02, and no further WG
  comments were received. So the WG certainly has rough consensus.

Document Quality

  There is at least one implementation in progress the last time that this
  was polled. See the previous comment about Sasha Vainshtein's review
  and subsequent changes.

Personnel

  Andy Malis is the Document Shepherd
  Deborah Brungard is the Responsible Area Director