Subject: Document Action: 'Security Implications of Predictable Fragment Identification Values' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-6man-predictable-fragment-id-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:59:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Security Implications of Predictable Fragment Identification Values'
  (draft-ietf-6man-predictable-fragment-id-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-predictable-fragment-id/

Technical Summary

   This document analyzes the security implications of predictable Identification
   values in the “Identification” field in the IPv6 Fragment Header, and
   provides implementation guidance for selecting the Identification
   field of the Fragment Header

Working Group Summary

   There is a 6MAN w.g. consensus to advance this document to an Informational RFC.
   The draft has been updated based on comments received during w.g. last call and based on the
   chairs review.

Document Quality

  In addition to the active discussion on the IPv6 mailing list during the w.g. last
  call (34 messages), 神明達哉 <[email-masked]> reviewed the document, and the
  working group chairs did a review of the draft.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Bob Hinden
  Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman