Subject: I-D Action: draft-williams-tram-ufrag-permission-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 13:49:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Ufrag Permissions for Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN)
        Authors         : Brandon Williams
                          Justin Uberti
	Filename        : draft-williams-tram-ufrag-permission-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-10-14

Abstract:
   When using a TURN relay, ICE connectivity checks require an explicit
   permission or channel binding to be established for each peer address
   to be checked.  This requires the answerer to send its candidate
   addresses to the offerer via the rendezvous server, which can impose
   a latency penalty when the rendezvous server is centrally located.
   This document defines a new type of TURN permission that will allow
   any ICE connectivity check message that contains the offerer's ufrag
   value to be accepted on a relay address for delivery over the
   associated TURN tunnel.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-williams-tram-ufrag-permission/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-williams-tram-ufrag-permission-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/