Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-06.txt> (The Benefits of using Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 05:38:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Active Queue Management and
Packet Scheduling WG (aqm) to consider the following document:
- 'The Benefits of using Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)'
  <draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The goal of this document is to describe the potential benefits when
   applications use a transport that enables Explicit Congestion
   Notification (ECN).  The document outlines the principal gains in
   terms of increased throughput, reduced delay and other benefits when
   ECN is used over a network path that includes equipment that supports
   ECN-marking.  It also discusses challenges for successful deployment
   of ECN.  It does not propose new algorithms to use ECN, nor does it
   describe the details of implementation of ECN in endpoint devices
   (Internet hosts), routers or other network devices.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.