Subject: RFC 7630 on HMAC-SHA-2 Authentication Protocols in the User-based Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7630

        Title:      HMAC-SHA-2 Authentication Protocols in the 
                    User-based Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3 
        Author:     J. Merkle, Ed.,
                    M. Lochter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29324
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-hmac-sha-2-usm-snmp-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7630

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7630

This memo specifies new HMAC-SHA-2 authentication protocols for the
User-based Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3 defined in RFC 3414.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC