Subject: Protocol Action: 'Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6490-bis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 06:08:51 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6490-bis-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6490-bis/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a Trust Anchor Locator (TAL) for the Resource
   Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).  This document obsoletes RFC6490 by
   adding support for multiple URIs in a TAL.

Working Group Summary

   The multi-URI format was suggested in the draft 
   draft-ietf-sidr-multiple-publication-points.  The draft was 
   presented at four IETFs (IETF84-IETF87) and there were comments on the 
   mailing list.

   The working group felt that the feature of providing multiple
   publication points was a benefit for trust anchors, but that the
   appropriate way to represent that would be to modify RFC6490.

Document Quality

   An IETF presentation of the draft-ietf-sidr-multiple-publication-points-01
  (from which this extended format was taken) noted that it had
  been tested against all three known implementations.  Two
  implementers recently confirmed that this is the case.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Sandra Murphy ([email-masked])
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana ([email-masked])