Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for Very Fast Setup of GMPLS LSPs' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 16:11:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Requirements for Very Fast Setup of GMPLS LSPs'
  (draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements/

Technical Summary

Establishment and control of Label Switch Paths (LSPs) have become 
mainstream tools of commercial and government network providers.  
One of the elements of further evolving such networks is scaling their 
performance in terms of LSP bandwidth and traffic loads, LSP intensity 
(e.g., rate of LSP creation, deletion, and modification), LSP set up delay, 
quality of service differentiation, and different levels of resilience.

The goal of this document is to present target scaling objectives and the 
related protocol requirements for Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
Switching (GMPLS).

Working Group Summary

This document moved from the CCAMP WG to TEAS WG as part of the 
routing WG changes. The progress of the draft through the WG 
(first CCAMP, then TEAS) has been smooth.

Document Quality

The base GMPLS signaling and routing protocols have been implemented. 
The requirements put forth in this document may be the basis for future 
documents, some of which may be simply informational, while others may 
describe specific GMPLS protocol extensions. While some of these 
requirements may be have implications on implementations, the intent is 
for the requirements to apply to GMPLS protocols and their standardized 
mechanisms.

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd?  Vishnu Pavan Beeram

Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard