Subject: RFC 7685 on A Transport Layer Security (TLS) ClientHello Padding Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:43:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7685

        Title:      A Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
                    ClientHello Padding Extension 
        Author:     A. Langley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7034
        Updates:    RFC 5246

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-padding-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7685

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7685

This memo describes a Transport Layer Security (TLS) extension that
can be used to pad ClientHello messages to a desired size.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC