Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-cammac-04.txt> (Kerberos Authorization Data Container Authenticated by Multiple MACs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 11:05:18 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'Kerberos Authorization Data Container Authenticated by Multiple MACs'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-cammac-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a Kerberos Authorization Data container that
   supersedes AD-KDC-ISSUED.  It allows for multiple Message
   Authentication Codes (MACs) or signatures to authenticate the
   contained Authorization Data elements.  The multiple MACs are needed
   to mitigate shortcomings in the existing AD-KDC-ISSUED container.
   This document updates RFC 4120.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-cammac/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-cammac/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

This is a second last call for this document - an error was discovered
when this was in the RFC editor queue, it was taken back to the WG
and is now ready to jump all the hoops again.