Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-rfc4402bis-01.txt> (A Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) for the Kerberos V Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:10:33 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'A Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) for the Kerberos V Generic Security
   Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-rfc4402bis-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) for the
   Kerberos V mechanism for the Generic Security Service Application
   Program Interface (GSS-API), based on the PRF defined for the
   Kerberos V cryptographic framework, for keying application protocols
   given an established Kerberos V GSS-API security context.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4402 and reclassifies that document as
   historic.  RFC 4402 starts the PRF+ counter at 1, however a number of
   implementations starts the counter at 0.  As a result, the original
   specification would not be interoperable with existing
   implementations.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc4402bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc4402bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.