Subject: RFC 7677 on SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 00:11:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7677

        Title:      SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS Simple 
                    Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Mechanisms 
        Author:     T. Hansen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15209
        Updates:    RFC 5802

        I-D Tag:    draft-hansen-scram-sha256-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7677

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7677

This document registers the Simple Authentication and Security Layer
(SASL) mechanisms SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS, provides
guidance for secure implementation of the original SCRAM-SHA-1-PLUS
mechanism, and updates the SCRAM registration procedures of RFC 5802.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC