Subject: Last Call: <draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-01.txt> (Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs Registry) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 06:00:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs
   Registry'
  <draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-01.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The registration policy for the Network Configuration Protocol
   (NETCONF) Capability URNs registry, set up by RFC 6241, has turned
   out to be unnecessarily strict.  This document changes that
   registration policy to "IETF Review", allowing registrations from
   certain well reviewed Experimental RFCs, in addition to Standards
   Track RFCs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.