Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-10.txt> (Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Support in Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:44:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Support in Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)'
  <draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a generic Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
   solution which uses VLANs to indicate root or leaf traffic to
   support Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) services. A VPLS Provider Edge (PE)
   model is illustrated as an example for the solution. In the solution,
   E-Tree VPLS PEs are interconnected by Pseudo Wires (PWs) which carry
   the VLAN indicating the E-Tree attribute. The MAC address-based
   Ethernet forwarding engine and the PW work in the same way as
   specified in RFC 4762 and RFC 4448 respectively. A signaling
   mechanism is described to support E-Tree capability and VLAN mapping
   negotiation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-pe-etree/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1756/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2250/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1708/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2053/