Subject: Volunteer Needed for ICANN Technical Liaison Group

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:28:52 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward to all interested parties.

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB names two technical experts to
ICANN Technical Liaison Group (TLG).  The ICANN Bylaws (Article XI-A,
Section 2, Paragraph 6) asks the IETF, ITU-T, ETSI, and W3C to each
provide two technical experts.  The technical experts are expected to be
"familiar with the technical standards issues that are relevant to
ICANN's activities." These eight experts are expected to be "available 
as necessary to determine, through an exchange of e-mail messages, where 
to direct a technical question from ICANN when ICANN does not ask a 
specific TLG organization directly."

The ICANN bylaws can be found at
http://www.icann.org/en/about/governance/bylaws.

The current experts are Warren Kumari (term ends January 2016) and Paul 
Wouters (term ends 2017). Warren Kumari has indicated that he is willing 
to serve again. The IAB would like to see whether others are interested 
in serving in this capacity.

The IAB is asking the community for volunteers to serve a two-year term
on the ICANN TLG.  If you are interested, please send a short email
message to iab-chair at iab.org with a copy to execd at iab.org with 
your motivation and information concerning your familiarity with the 
IETF and ICANN as well as the other standards organizations represented 
on the TLG.  The deadline for volunteering is Monday, 4 January 2016.

The IAB will select from the available candidates, taking into account
the familiarity with ICANN and the IETF, their roles, and the IETF
protocols.  While familiarity with ETSI, ITU-T, and W3C is also
desirable, it is not required.  The selected candidates will serve on 
the ICANN TLG on personal title; however, the IAB will be looking for a
candidate who has an understanding of the interests of the technical
community.

The IAB will select one person for a two-year term ending in 2018.

The ICANN TLG is expected to meet in person at or around the
three ICANN meetings held each year.

NOTE: ICANN does cover travel and hotel costs for a pre-determined 
number of days at each of the ICANN meetings.

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone
else for one of the TLG positions, please send an email message to
iab-chair at iab.org and execd at iab.org by 4 January 2016.

On behalf of the IAB,
   Cindy Morgan
   IAB Executive Administrative Manager