Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcsec-gssv3-13.txt> (Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Security Version 3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:59:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Security Version 3'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcsec-gssv3-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Please note that these documents are belonging together and should be
reviewed together. These documents are in IETF last call:
     draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-39
     draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-dot-x-39
     draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcsec-gssv3-12

Abstract

   This document specifies version 3 of the Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
   security protocol (RPCSEC_GSS).  This protocol provides support for
   multi-principal authentication of client hosts and user principals to
   server (constructed by generic composition), security label
   assertions for multi-level and type enforcement, structured privilege
   assertions, and channel bindings.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcsec-gssv3/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcsec-gssv3/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.