Subject: RFC 7693 on The BLAKE2 Cryptographic Hash and Message Authentication Code (MAC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 20:18:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7693

        Title:      The BLAKE2 Cryptographic Hash and 
                    Message Authentication Code (MAC) 
        Author:     M-J. Saarinen, Ed.,
                    J-P. Aumasson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 55532
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-saarinen-blake2-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7693

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7693

This document describes the cryptographic hash function BLAKE2 and
makes the algorithm specification and C source code conveniently
available to the Internet community.  BLAKE2 comes in two main
flavors: BLAKE2b is optimized for 64-bit platforms and BLAKE2s for
smaller architectures.  BLAKE2 can be directly keyed, making it
functionally equivalent to a Message Authentication Code (MAC).

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC