Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem-01.txt> (Problem Details for HTTP APIs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:56:55 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the ART Area General Applications
Working Group WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Details for HTTP APIs'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a "problem detail" as a way to carry machine-
   readable details of errors in a HTTP response, to avoid the need to
   invent new error response formats for HTTP APIs.

Note to Readers

   This draft should be discussed on the apps-discuss mailing list [1].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.