Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis-04.txt> (DNS Transport over TCP - Implementation Requirements) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 05:58:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'DNS Transport over TCP - Implementation Requirements'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis-04.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the requirement for support of TCP as a
   transport protocol for DNS implementations and provides guidelines
   towards DNS-over-TCP performance on par with that of DNS-over-UDP.
   This document obsoletes RFC5966.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.