Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-cookies-07.txt> (Domain Name System (DNS) Cookies) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 07:10:55 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'Domain Name System (DNS) Cookies'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-cookies-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DNS cookies are a lightweight DNS transaction security mechanism that
   provides limited protection to DNS servers and clients against a
   variety of increasingly common denial-of-service and amplification /
   forgery or cache poisoning attacks by off-path attackers. DNS Cookies
   are tolerant of NAT, NAT-PT, and anycast and can be incrementally
   deployed.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-cookies/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-cookies/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.