Subject: RFC 7688 on GMPLS OSPF Enhancement for Signal and Network Element Compatibility for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:11:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7688

        Title:      GMPLS OSPF Enhancement for Signal 
                    and Network Element Compatibility for Wavelength 
                    Switched Optical Networks 
        Author:     Y. Lee, Ed.,
                    G. Bernstein, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25429
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7688

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7688

This document provides Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching
(GMPLS) Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing enhancements to
support signal compatibility constraints associated with Wavelength 
Switched Optical Network (WSON) elements.  These routing enhancements
are applicable in common optical or hybrid electro-optical networks
where not all the optical signals in the network are compatible
with all network elements participating in the network.

This compatibility constraint model is applicable to common optical
or hybrid electro-optical systems such as optical-electronic-optical
(OEO) switches, regenerators, and wavelength converters, since such
systems can be limited to processing only certain types of WSON
signals.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC