Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-05.txt> (Updated TLS Server Identity Check Procedure for Email Related Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 06:29:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Using TLS in Applications WG
(uta) to consider the following document:
- 'Updated TLS Server Identity Check Procedure for Email Related
   Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes TLS server identity verification procedure
   for SMTP Submission, IMAP, POP and ManageSieve clients.  It replaces
   Section 2.4 of RFC 2595, updates Section 4.1 of RFC 3207, updates
   Section 11.1 of RFC 3501, updates Section 2.2.1 of RFC 5804.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.