Subject: RFC 7709 on Requirements for Very Fast Setup of GMPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:13:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7709

        Title:      Requirements for Very Fast Setup 
                    of GMPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     A. Malis, Ed.,
                    B. Wilson,
                    G. Clapp,
                    V. Shukla
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20022
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-fast-lsps-requirements-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7709

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7709

Establishment and control of Label Switch Paths (LSPs) have become
mainstream tools of commercial and government network providers.  One
of the elements of further evolving such networks is scaling their
performance in terms of LSP bandwidth and traffic loads, LSP
intensity (e.g., rate of LSP creation, deletion, and modification),
LSP set up delay, quality-of-service differentiation, and different
levels of resilience.

The goal of this document is to present target scaling objectives and
the related protocol requirements for Generalized Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (GMPLS).

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC