Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation-08.txt> (Sending Multiple Media Streams in a Single RTP Session: Grouping RTCP Reception Statistics and Other Feedback) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:56:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Sending Multiple Media Streams in a Single RTP Session: Grouping RTCP
   Reception Statistics and Other Feedback'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation-08.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RTP allows multiple media streams to be sent in a single session, but
   requires each Synchronisation Source (SSRC) to send RTCP reception
   quality reports for every other SSRC visible in the session.  This
   causes the number of RTCP reception reports to grow with the number
   of SSRCs, rather than the number of endpoints.  In many cases most of
   these RTCP reception reports are unnecessary, since all SSRCs of an
   endpoint are co-located and see the same reception quality.  This
   memo defines a Reporting Group extension to RTCP to reduce the
   reporting overhead in such scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.