Subject: RFC 7689 on Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:12:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7689

        Title:      Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched 
                    Optical Networks 
        Author:     G. Bernstein, Ed.,
                    S. Xu, Y. Lee, Ed.
                    G. Martinelli, H. Harai
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32687
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7689

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7689

This document provides extensions to Generalized Multiprotocol Label
Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of Wavelength Switched
Optical Networks (WSONs).  Such extensions are applicable in WSONs
under a number of conditions including: (a) when optional
processing, such as regeneration, must be configured to occur at
specific nodes along a path, (b) where equipment must be configured
to accept an optical signal with specific attributes, or (c) where
equipment must be configured to output an optical signal with
specific attributes.  This document provides mechanisms to
support distributed wavelength assignment with a choice of distributed
wavelength assignment algorithms.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC