Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for draft-schmidt-brainpool-dnssec-03

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:09:00 -0800

The IESG has completed a review of draft-schmidt-brainpool-dnssec-03
consistent with RFC5742.

The IESG recommends that 'ECC Brainpool Curves for DNSSEC'
<draft-schmidt-brainpool-dnssec-03.txt> NOT be published as an
Informational RFC.

Significant operational and timing objections to allocation of 
these codepoints now were raised by IETF participants on the 
saag and dnsop lists. (See thread at [1].)

   [1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg06833.html

The IESG has concluded that publication could potentially disrupt the 
IETF work done in the dnsop WG and the in-formation curdle WG and 
recommends not publishing the document at this time.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker related to this document and determine whether or not they
merit incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the
ballot and the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-schmidt-brainpool-dnssec/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmidt-brainpool-dnssec/

The process for such documents is described at
https://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html 

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary