Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for draft-smyshlyaev-gost-usage-17

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:06:36 -0800

The IESG has completed a review of draft-smyshlyaev-gost-usage-17
consistent with RFC5742.

The IESG recommends that 'Guidelines on the Cryptographic Algorithms,
Accompanying the Usage of Standards GOST R 34.10-2012 and GOST R
34.11-2012' <draft-smyshlyaev-gost-usage-17.txt> NOT be published as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG has concluded that this document extends an IETF protocol
in a way that requires IETF review and should therefore not be
published without IETF review and IESG approval. The problematic
part of this document is the part that extends IKEv1, a protocol that
the IETF has OBSOLETEd. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker related to this document and determine whether or not they
merit incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the
ballot and the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-smyshlyaev-gost-usage/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smyshlyaev-gost-usage/

The process for such documents is described at
https://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html 

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary