Subject: BCP 40, RFC 7720 on DNS Root Name Service Protocol and Deployment Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:21:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 40        
        RFC 7720

        Title:      DNS Root Name Service Protocol 
                    and Deployment Requirements 
        Author:     M. Blanchet,
                    L-J. Liman
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10552
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2870
        See Also:   BCP 40

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-2870bis-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7720

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7720

The DNS root name service is a critical part of the Internet
architecture.  The protocol and deployment requirements for the DNS
root name service are defined in this document.  Operational
requirements are out of scope.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC