Subject: Protocol Action: 'NETCONF Call Home and RESTCONF Call Home' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netconf-call-home-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:42:38 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'NETCONF Call Home and RESTCONF Call Home'
  (draft-ietf-netconf-call-home-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Configuration Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-call-home/

Technical Summary

   This RFC presents NETCONF Call Home and RESTCONF Call Home, 
   which enable a NETCONF or RESTCONF server to initiate a secure 
   connection to a NETCONF or RESTCONF client respectively.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a result of a split between this document and the 
   server configuration data model which is its own draft. With the split 
    most of the complexity in configuration has moved to the server model draft.

   There were 10 issues that were opened and closed on the draft. At this point 
   there are no open issues.

Document Quality

This document was extensively reviewed and comments were provided both 
in IETF meetings and on the mailing list. Perhaps the most important discussion 
and which resulted in the split, is the discussion around hostname keys and SSH 
and TLS configuration. Both Tom Petch and Juergen gave extensive comments 
on the draft.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Mahesh Jethanandani. 
   The responsible AD will be Benoit Claise.