Subject: WG Review: Font Top Level Media Type (justfont)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 09:09:10 -0800

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Applications and
Real-Time Area. The IESG has not made any determination yet. The
following draft charter was submitted, and is provided for informational
purposes only. Please send your comments to the IESG mailing list (iesg
at ietf.org) by 2015-12-14.

Font Top Level Media Type (justfont)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Proposed WG

Chairs:
  mnot <[email-masked]>
  Wendy Seltzer <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>

Charter:

This Working Group is chartered to define the "font" top-level media
type, as per RFC6838 Section 4.2.7.

The following activities are in-scope:
- Defining criteria for "font" registrations
- Defining common parameters (or ways to accommodate them) between
  "font" registrations
- Making initial registrations in "font"

The working group will use draft-lilley-font-toplevel as a starting
point.

It is expected that the group will have a liaison relationship with and
see participation from members of the W3C WebFonts Working Group.

Milestones:
  Apr 2016 - Submit "font" media type definition to the IESG