Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-te-metric-extensions-07.txt> (IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:20:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-isis-te-metric-extensions-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g. stock market data providers), network
   performance criteria (e.g. latency) are becoming as critical to data
   path selection as other metrics.

   This document describes extensions to IS-IS Traffic Engineering
   Extensions (RFC5305) such that network performance information can be
   distributed and collected in a scalable fashion.  The information
   distributed using ISIS TE Metric Extensions can then be used to make
   path selection decisions based on network performance.

   Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which network
   performance information is distributed.  The mechanisms for measuring
   network performance or acting on that information, once distributed,
   are outside the scope of this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-te-metric-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-te-metric-extensions/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2442/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2109/