Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-imapapnd-appendlimit-extension-07.txt> (The IMAP APPENDLIMIT Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 08:43:31 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IMAP APPEND Extensions WG
(imapapnd) to consider the following document:
- 'The IMAP APPENDLIMIT Extension'
  <draft-ietf-imapapnd-appendlimit-extension-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-01-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to the IMAP service whereby a
   server can inform the client about a maximum mail upload size,
   allowing the client to avoid sending APPEND commands that will fail
   because of the messages are too large.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-imapapnd-appendlimit-extension/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-imapapnd-appendlimit-extension/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.