Subject: Document Action: 'Domain Subobjects for Resource ReserVation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-domain-subobjects-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 09:06:35 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Domain Subobjects for Resource ReserVation Protocol - Traffic
   Engineering (RSVP-TE)'
  (draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-domain-subobjects-05.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-domain-subobjects/

Technical Summary

The Resource ReserVation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) 
specification and the Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching 
(GMPLS) extensions to RSVP-TE allow abstract nodes and resources 
to be explicitly included in a path setup.  Further Exclude Routes 
extensions to RSVP-TE allow abstract nodes and resources to be 
explicitly excluded in a path setup.

This document specifies new subobjects to include or exclude domain 
during path setup where domain is a collection of network elements 
within a common sphere of address management or path computational 
responsibility (such as an Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) area or an 
Autonomous System (AS)).

This is a companion document to Path Computation Element Protocol 
(PCEP) extensions for the domain sequence [PCE-DOMAIN] 
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence/).

Working Group Summary

 This document moved from the CCAMP WG to TEAS WG as part of the 
routing WG changes. The progress of the draft through the WG 
(first CCAMP, then TEAS) has been smooth.

Document Quality

The base (G)MPLS RSVP protocol has been implemented. The 
extensions defined in this document are compatible with earlier 
implementations.  There have been no public statements on 
implementation. Three of the four authors are from the same 
vendor organization while the fourth is from a research institute – 
implementation for experimental purposes is expected.

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd? 

Vishnu Pavan Beeram

Who is the Responsible Area Director?

Deborah Brungard