Subject: WG Action: Formed Font Top Level Media Type (justfont)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 08:55:32 -0800

A new IETF working group has been formed in the Applications and
Real-Time Area. For additional information please contact the Area
Directors or the WG Chairs.

Font Top Level Media Type (justfont)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Proposed WG

Chairs:
  mnot <[email-masked]>
  Wendy Seltzer <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/justfont
  Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/justfont/

Charter:

This Working Group is chartered to define the "font" top-level media
type, as per RFC6838 Section 4.2.7.

The following activities are in-scope:
- Defining criteria for "font" registrations
- Defining common parameters (or ways to accommodate them) between
  "font" registrations
- Making initial registrations in "font"

The working group will use draft-lilley-font-toplevel as a starting
point.

It is expected that the group will have a liaison relationship with and 
see participation from members of the W3C WebFonts Working Group.

Milestones:
  Apr 2016 - Submit "font" media type definition to the IESG