Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-06.txt> (Host Identity Protocol Certificates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:54:23 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Host Identity Protocol WG (hip)
to consider the following document:
- 'Host Identity Protocol Certificates'
  <draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Certificate (CERT) parameter is a container for digital
   certificates.  It is used for carrying these certificates in Host
   Identity Protocol (HIP) control packets.  This document specifies the
   certificate parameter and the error signaling in case of a failed
   verification.  Additionally, this document specifies the
   representations of Host Identity Tags in X.509 version 3 (v3).

   The concrete use cases of certificates, including how certificates
   are obtained, requested, and which actions are taken upon successful
   or failed verification, are specific to the scenario in which the
   certificates are used.  Hence, the definition of these scenario-
   specific aspects is left to the documents that use the CERT
   parameter.

   This document updates RFC7401 and obsoletes RFC6253.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.