Subject: Protocol Action: 'Advertising per-node administrative tags in OSPF' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 06:27:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Advertising per-node administrative tags in OSPF'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag/

Technical Summary

     This document specifies extensions to OSPF Router Informational
      (RI) to advertise multiple 32-bit admin tags. These tags can be 
      then used for policy decisions in OSPF routers in the OSPF routing
      domain. While the tag applications are enumerated, they are not 
      formally specified. 

Working Group Summary

      Initially, there was a concern with the number of tags being 
      unbounded and the size of the OSPF RI LSA being finite. However, 
      RFC 4970 has updated (publication requested) to allow an OSPF
      Router to advertise multiple instances of the OSPF RI LSA. 

      During WG last call, it was noted that the behavior must be 
      specified when there are multiple instances of the Admin Tag
      TLV. 

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for about a year and has been
      stable other than addressing minor comments. 

Personnel

      Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
      Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.