Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers-11.txt> (CDNI Control Interface / Triggers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 08:28:27 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document:
- 'CDNI Control Interface / Triggers'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract
   This document describes the part of the CDN Interconnection Control
   Interface that allows a CDN to trigger activity in an interconnected
   CDN that is configured to deliver content on its behalf.  The
   upstream CDN can use this mechanism to request that the downstream
   CDN pre-positions metadata or content, or that it invalidates or
   purges metadata or content.  The upstream CDN can monitor the status
   of activity that it has triggered in the downstream CDN.

Reviewers should note the following downward references (see RFC 3967):
- RFC 6707 is used as a reference for CDNI terminology.
- RFC 2818 is used as a reference for HTTP over TLS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers/

Once IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.