Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-client-subnet-04.txt> (Client Subnet in DNS Queries) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:07:59 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'Client Subnet in DNS Queries'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-client-subnet-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft defines an EDNS0 extension to carry information about the
   network that originated a DNS query, and the network for which the
   subsequent response can be cached.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-client-subnet/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-client-subnet/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.