Subject: RFC 7723 on Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 16:25:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7723

        Title:      Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast 
                    Addresses 
        Author:     S. Kiesel, R. Penno
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20663
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7723

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7723

The Port Control Protocol (PCP) anycast addresses enable PCP clients
to transmit signaling messages to their closest PCP-aware on-path
NAT, firewall, or other middlebox without having to learn the IP
address of that middlebox via some external channel.  This document
establishes one well-known IPv4 address and one well-known IPv6
address to be used as PCP anycast addresses.

This document is a product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC