Subject: RFC 7745 on XML Schemas for Reverse DNS Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:58:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7745

        Title:      XML Schemas for Reverse DNS 
                    Management 
        Author:     T. Manderson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17788
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-manderson-rdns-xml-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7745

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7745

This document defines an Extensible Markup Language (XML) schema for
reverse DNS management in a tightly controlled Representational State
Transfer (REST) environment.  This document describes a schema that
has been developed and deployed by ICANN in a "RESTful" system since
2011 and is being used by the registries responsible for reverse DNS
(rDNS) delegations underneath IN-ADDR.ARPA and IP6.ARPA through an
HTTPS transaction that is mediated by an X.509 certificate.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC