Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update-07.txt> (NFSv4.0 migration: Specification Update) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 07:30:01 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'NFSv4.0 migration: Specification Update'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The migration feature of NFSv4 allows for responsibility for a single
   filesystem to move from one server to another, without disruption to
   clients.  Recent implementation experience has shown problems in the
   existing specification for this feature in NFSv4.0.  This document
   clarifies and corrects RFC7530 (the NFSv4.0 specification) to address
   these problems.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.