Subject: RFC 7744 on Use Cases for Authentication and Authorization in Constrained Environments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:34:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7744

        Title:      Use Cases for Authentication and 
                    Authorization in Constrained Environments 
        Author:     L. Seitz, Ed.,
                    S. Gerdes, Ed.,
                    G. Selander,
                    M. Mani,
                    S. Kumar
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 72630
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ace-usecases-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7744

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7744

Constrained devices are nodes with limited processing power, storage
space, and transmission capacities.  In many cases, these devices do
not provide user interfaces, and they are often intended to interact
without human intervention.

This document includes a collection of representative use cases for
authentication and authorization in constrained environments.  These
use cases aim at identifying authorization problems that arise during
the life cycle of a constrained device and are intended to provide a
guideline for developing a comprehensive authentication and
authorization solution for this class of scenarios.

Where specific details are relevant, it is assumed that the devices
use the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) as a communication
protocol.  However, most conclusions apply generally.

This document is a product of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC