Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm-08.txt> (An Algorithm for Computing Maximally Redundant Trees for IP/LDP Fast-Reroute) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 14:42:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'An Algorithm for Computing Maximally Redundant Trees for IP/LDP Fast-
   Reroute'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-01-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A solution for IP and LDP Fast-Reroute using Maximally Redundant
   Trees is presented in draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture.  This
   document defines the associated MRT Lowpoint algorithm that is used
   in the Default MRT profile to compute both the necessary Maximally
   Redundant Trees with their associated next-hops and the alternates to
   select for MRT-FRR.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.