Subject: RFC 7670 on Generic Raw Public-Key Support for IKEv2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:57:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7670

        Title:      Generic Raw Public-Key Support for IKEv2 
        Author:     T. Kivinen, P. Wouters, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21350
        Updates:    RFC 7296

        I-D Tag:    draft-kivinen-ipsecme-oob-pubkey-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7670

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7670

The Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) protocol did have support
for raw public keys, but it only supported RSA raw public keys.  In
constrained environments, it is useful to make use of other types of
public keys, such as those based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography.
This document updates RFC 7296, adding support for other types of raw
public keys to IKEv2.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC