Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-05.txt> (Chain Query requests in DNS) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 11:19:59 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'Chain Query requests in DNS'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-05.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an EDNS0 extension that can be used by a
   security-aware validating Resolver configured to use a Forwarder to
   send a single query, requesting a complete validation path along with
   the regular query answer.  The reduction in queries lowers the
   latency and reduces the need to send multiple queries at once.  This
   extension mandates the use of source IP verified transport such as
   TCP or UDP with EDNS-COOKIE so it cannot be abused in amplification
   attacks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.