Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-11.txt> (Network Transport Circuit Breakers) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:11:40 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Network Transport Circuit Breakers'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-11.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document explains what is meant by the term "network transport
   Circuit Breaker" (CB).  It describes the need for circuit breakers
   for network tunnels and applications when using non-congestion-
   controlled traffic, and explains where circuit breakers are, and are
   not, needed.  It also defines requirements for building a circuit
   breaker and the expected outcomes of using a circuit breaker within
   the Internet.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-circuit-breaker/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-circuit-breaker/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.