Subject: Protocol Action: 'Framework for Telepresence Multi-Streams' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-clue-framework-25.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:10:28 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for Telepresence Multi-Streams'
  (draft-ietf-clue-framework-25.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the ControLling mUltiple streams for
tElepresence Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ben Campbell, Barry Leiba and Alissa Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-framework/

Technical Summary:
This document defines a framework for a protocol to enable devices in a 
telepresence conference to interoperate.  The protocol enables 
communication of information about multiple media streams so a sending 
system and receiving system can make reasonable decisions about 
transmitting, selecting and rendering the media streams. This protocol 
is used in addition to SIP signaling and SDP negotiation for setting up 
a telepresence session.

Working Group Summary:
Was there anything in WG process that is worth noting? For example, was 
there controversy about particular points or were there decisions where 
the consensus was particularly rough?

The document was discussed in the meeting, in conferences calls and on 
the mailing list. The open issues were addressed and there are no open 
issues, there was consensus on the content of the document.

Document Quality:
The actual protocol using the attributes defined in the network is 
almost done, it is aligned with this document and there is an 
implementation of the protocol. There are no specific reviews that need 
to be mentioned.

Personnel:
Roni Even is the Document Shepherd.
The responsible AD is Alissa Cooper.