Subject: RFC 7734 on Support for Shortest Path Bridging MAC Mode over Ethernet VPN (EVPN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 16:26:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7734

        Title:      Support for Shortest Path Bridging 
                    MAC Mode over Ethernet VPN (EVPN) 
        Author:     D. Allan, Ed., J. Tantsura,
                    D. Fedyk, A. Sajassi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23512
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-spbm-evpn-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7734

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7734

This document describes how Ethernet Shortest Path Bridging MAC mode
(SPBM) can be combined with Ethernet VPN (EVPN) to interwork with
Provider Backbone Bridging Provider Edges (PBB PEs) as
described in the PBB-EVPN solution (RFC 7623).  This is achieved via
operational isolation of each Ethernet network attached to an EVPN core
while supporting full interworking between the different variations
of Ethernet networks.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC