Subject: Call for Comment: RFC Format Drafts

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:39:01 -0800

This is an announcement of an IETF-wide Call for Comment on
the RFC Format Drafts. These documents are being considered for 
publication as Informational RFCs within the IAB stream.  The suggested 
reading order is:

1. The big picture

- - - Flanagan, H., "RFC Format Framework",
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-framework/

2. The underlying vocabulary

- - - Hoffman, P., "The 'XML2RFC' version 3 Vocabulary",
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-xml2rfc/

3. The outputs

- - - Hildebrand, J. and P. Hoffman, "HyperText Markup
   Language Request For Comments Format”,
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-html-rfc/

- - - Flanagan, H., "Requirements for Plain Text RFCs",
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-plaintext/

- - - Hansen, T., Masinter, L., and M. Hardy, "PDF for
   an RFC Series Output Document Format”,
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-use-of-pdf/

- - - Brownlee, N., "SVG Drawings for RFCs: SVG 1.2 RFC",
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-svg-rfc/

4. Generalized requirements

- - - Flanagan, H., "The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFCs",
   https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-rfc-nonascii-00.pdf

- - - Flanagan, H., “CSS Requirements for RFCs”,
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-css/

5. Workflow and tools (note that the examples draft will
   not become an RFC, but is necessary for the project)

- - - Hildebrand, J. and P. Hoffman, "RFC v3 Prep Tool Description",
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfcv3-preptool/

- - - Hoffman, P. and T. Hansen, "Examples of the ‘XML2RFC'
   Version 2 and 3 Vocabularies”,
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-rfcexamples/

6. The Statements of Work

- - - http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/rfced/

The Call for Comment will last until 2016-03-10. Please send comments to
[email-masked]. For comments on individual drafts, please include the 
relevant document filename in the subject line.

---

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 07:58:20 -0800

Hello Philip,

In production or as a prototype? In production, no. As a prototype,
yes. You can find v3 XML and associated HTML here:

http://hildjj.github.io/draft-iab-html-rfc/

Is that what you're looking for?

- -Heather

On 2/11/16 5:02 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> Is there an example of the proposed format in use anywhere?
> 
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM, IAB Executive Administrative
> Manager <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> This is an announcement of an IETF-wide Call for Comment on the
>> RFC Format Drafts. These documents are being considered for 
>> publication as Informational RFCs within the IAB stream.  The
>> suggested reading order is:
>> 
>> 1. The big picture
>> 
>> - - - Hildebrand, J. and P. Hoffman, "HyperText Markup Language
>> Request For Comments Format”, 
>> - - - Hansen, T., Masinter, L., and M. Hardy, "PDF for an RFC
>> Series Output Document Format”, 
>> 5. Workflow and tools (note that the examples draft will not
>> become an RFC, but is necessary for the project)
>> 
>> The Call for Comment will last until 2016-03-10. Please send
>> comments to [email-masked]. For comments on individual drafts,
>> please include the relevant document filename in the subject
>> line.
>> 
>