Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts-08.txt> (Concepts and Terminology for Peer to Peer SIP) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:47:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol WG (p2psip) to consider the following document:
- 'Concepts and Terminology for Peer to Peer SIP'
  <draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines concepts and terminology for the use of the
   Session Initiation Protocol in a peer-to-peer environment where the
   traditional proxy-registrar and message routing functions are
   replaced by a distributed mechanism.  These mechanisms may be
   implemented using a distributed hash table or other distributed data
   mechanism with similar external properties.  This document includes a
   high-level view of the functional relationships between the network
   elements defined herein, a conceptual model of operations, and an
   outline of the related problems addressed by the P2PSIP working group
   and the RELOAD protocol and SIP usage document defined by the working
   group.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.