Subject: RFC 7781 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Pseudo-Nickname for Active-Active Access

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:53:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7781

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Pseudo-Nickname for Active-Active 
                    Access 
        Author:     H. Zhai, T. Senevirathne,
                    R. Perlman, M. Zhang, Y. Li
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 79489
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7781

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7781

The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
protocol provides support for flow-level multipathing for both
unicast and multi-destination traffic in networks with arbitrary
topology.  Active-active access at the TRILL edge is the extension of
these characteristics to end stations that are multiply connected to
a TRILL campus as discussed in RFC 7379.  In this document, the edge
RBridge (Routing Bridge, or TRILL switch) group providing
active-active access to such an end station is represented as a
virtual RBridge.  Based on the concept of the virtual RBridge, along
with its pseudo-nickname, this document specifies a method for TRILL
active-active access by such end stations.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC