Subject: RFC 7780 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:53:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7780

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Clarifications, Corrections, 
                    and Updates 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, M. Zhang,
                    R. Perlman, A. Banerjee,
                    A. Ghanwani, S. Gupta
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 125037
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7180
        Updates:    RFC 6325, RFC 7177, RFC 7179

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7780

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7780

Since the publication of the TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links) base protocol in 2011, active development and
deployment of TRILL have revealed errata in RFC 6325 and areas that
could use clarifications or updates.  RFC 7177, RFC 7357, and
an intended replacement of RFC 6439 provide clarifications and updates
with respect to adjacency, the TRILL ESADI (End Station Address
Distribution Information) protocol, and Appointed Forwarders,
respectively.  This document provides other known clarifications,
corrections, and updates.  It obsoletes RFC 7180 (the previous "TRILL
clarifications, corrections, and updates" RFC), and it updates RFCs
6325, 7177, and 7179.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC