Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-06.txt> (Anonymity profile for DHCP clients) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 06:24:13 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Anonymity profile for DHCP clients'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Some DHCP options carry unique identifiers.  These identifiers can
   enable device tracking even if the device administrator takes care of
   randomizing other potential identifications like link-layer addresses
   or IPv6 addresses.  The anonymity profile is designed for clients
   that wish to remain anonymous to the visited network.  The profile
   provides guidelines on the composition of DHCP or DHCPv6 requests,
   designed to minimize disclosure of identifying information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2654/