Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability-05.txt> (Host address availability recommendations) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:26:36 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Host address availability recommendations'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability-05.txt> as Best Current
Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document recommends that networks provide general-purpose end
   hosts with multiple global IPv6 addresses when they attach, and
   describes the benefits of and the options for doing so.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.