Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-proto-iana-registration-05.txt> (IANA registrations of SDP 'proto' attribute for transporting RTP Media over TCP under various RTP profiles.) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:03:19 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'IANA registrations of SDP 'proto' attribute for transporting RTP Media
   over TCP under various RTP profiles.'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-proto-iana-registration-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) specification establishes a
   registry of profile names for use by higher-level control protocols,
   such as the Session Description Protocol (SDP), to refer to the
   transport methods.  This specification describes the following new
   SDP transport protocol identifiers for transporting RTP Media over
   TCP: 'TCP/RTP/AVPF', 'TCP/RTP/SAVP', 'TCP/RTP/SAVPF', 'TCP/DTLS/RTP/
   SAVP', 'TCP/DTLS/RTP/SAVPF', 'TCP/TLS/RTP/AVP', 'TCP/TLS/RTP/AVPF'.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-proto-iana-registration/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-proto-iana-registration/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.