Subject: RFC 7775 on IS-IS Route Preference for Extended IP and IPv6 Reachability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:33:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7775

        Title:      IS-IS Route Preference for Extended 
                    IP and IPv6 Reachability 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg, S. Litkowski, S. Previdi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23624
        Updates:    RFC 5308

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-route-preference-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7775

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7775

In existing specifications, the route preferences for IPv4/IPv6
Extended Reachability TLVs are not explicitly stated.  There are also
inconsistencies in the definition of how the up/down bit applies to
route preference when the prefix advertisement appears in Level 2
Link State Protocol Data Units (LSPs).  This document addresses these
issues.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC