Subject: RFC 7767 on Application-Initiated Check-Pointing via the Port Control Protocol (PCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 21:36:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7767

        Title:      Application-Initiated Check-Pointing via the Port 
                    Control Protocol (PCP) 
        Author:     S. Vinapamula,
                    S. Sivakumar,
                    M. Boucadair,
                    T. Reddy
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24178
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-vinapamula-flow-ha-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7767

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7767

This document specifies a mechanism for a host to indicate via the
Port Control Protocol (PCP) which connections should be protected
against network failures.  These connections will then be subject to
high-availability mechanisms enabled on the network side.

This approach assumes that applications and/or users have more
visibility about sensitive connections than any heuristic that can be
enabled on the network side to guess which connections should be
check-pointed.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC