Subject: RFC 7755 on SIIT-DC: Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6 Data Center Environments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:31:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7755

        Title:      SIIT-DC: Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for 
                    IPv6 Data Center Environments 
        Author:     T. Anderson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54648
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7755

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7755

This document describes the use of the Stateless IP/ICMP Translation
Algorithm (SIIT) in an IPv6 Internet Data Center (IDC).  In this
deployment model, traffic from legacy IPv4-only clients on the
Internet is translated to IPv6 upon reaching the IDC operator's
network infrastructure.  From that point on, it may be treated the
same as traffic from native IPv6 end users.  The IPv6 endpoints may
be numbered using arbitrary (non-IPv4-translatable) IPv6 addresses.
This facilitates a single-stack IPv6-only network infrastructure, as
well as efficient utilization of public IPv4 addresses.

The primary audience is IDC operators who are deploying IPv6, running
out of available IPv4 addresses, and/or feeling that dual stack
causes undesirable operational complexity.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC