Subject: UPDATED Call for Comment: RFC Format Drafts

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:35:24 -0800

This is an announcement of an IETF-wide Call for Comment on the RFC 
Format Drafts. These documents are being considered for publication as 
Informational RFCs within the IAB stream.  The suggested reading order 
is:

1. The big picture

- - - Flanagan, H., "RFC Format Framework",
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-framework/

2. The underlying vocabulary

- - - Hoffman, P., "The 'XML2RFC' version 3 Vocabulary",
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-xml2rfc/

3. The outputs

- - - Hildebrand, J. and P. Hoffman, "HyperText Markup
   Language Request For Comments Format”,
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-html-rfc/

- - - Flanagan, H., "Requirements for Plain Text RFCs",
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-plaintext/

- - - Hansen, T., Masinter, L., and M. Hardy, "PDF for
   an RFC Series Output Document Format”,
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-use-of-pdf/

- - - Brownlee, N., "SVG Drawings for RFCs: SVG 1.2 RFC",
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-svg-rfc/

4. Generalized requirements

- - - Flanagan, H., "The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFCs",
   https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-rfc-nonascii-00.pdf

- - - Flanagan, H., “CSS Requirements for RFCs”,
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-css/

5. Workflow and tools (note that the examples draft will
   not become an RFC, but is necessary for the project)

- - - Hildebrand, J. and P. Hoffman, "RFC v3 Prep Tool Description",
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfcv3-preptool/

- - - Hoffman, P. and T. Hansen, "Examples of the ‘XML2RFC'
   Version 2 and 3 Vocabularies”,
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-rfcexamples/

6. The Statements of Work

- - - http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/rfced/

The Call for Comment will last until 2016-03-11. Please send comments to
[email-masked] and [email-masked]. Please note that messages 
sent to rfc-interest from addresses that are not subscribed to the list 
will have to wait for moderation. To subscribe to rfc-interest, go to 
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest.

[The initial call for comments sent 2016-03-10 requested feedback only 
to [email-masked], which is not a public list. The feedback received to 
date will be forwarded to rfc-interest.]

For comments on individual drafts, please include the relevant document 
filename in the subject line.