Subject: Protocol Action: 'An Algorithm for Computing Maximally Redundant Trees for IP/LDP Fast-Reroute' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:35:38 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An Algorithm for Computing Maximally Redundant Trees for IP/LDP Fast-
   Reroute'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm/

Technical Summary

   A solution for IP and LDP Fast-Reroute using Maximally Redundant
   Trees is presented in draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture.  This
   document defines the associated MRT Lowpoint algorithm that is used
   in the Default MRT profile to compute both the necessary Maximally
   Redundant Trees with their associated next-hops and the alternates to
   select for MRT-FRR.

Working Group Summary

    The WG thoroughly reviewed the document and no outstanding technical 
    issues remain.
   
    Both WG Chairs and the AD assigned to this WG are involved in the work, 
    so the Responsible AD (listed below), aided by the Document Shepherd, 
    conducted the WGLC.  

Document Quality

   There are existing implementations and multiple vendors have 
   shown significant interest in the topic. Furthermore, IEEE 802.1Qca 
   relies on MRT, and in particular on the MRT Lowpoint Algorithm 
   specified by this document, for providing redundancy based on 
   maximally diverse trees.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: János Farkas
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana  

RFC Editor Note

  This document and draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture should be published together (consecutive RFC numbers would be nice, but not necessary).