Subject: IESG statement on interim meetings

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 15:25:58 -0800

Dear all,

With the new "Guidance on Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings
<https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/interim-meetings.html>" IESG
statement, the Secretariat came up with a few questions while
adjusting the procedures, especially regarding the archiving and
announcements of virtual interim meetings.

We believe it's important to keep track of all interim meetings,
virtual or not, at http://ietf.org/meeting/interim.html. Note that,
taking into account the numerous interim meetings at the IETF, there
is a request for improvements to the datatracker related to tracking
interim meetings. This should help the WG chairs to schedule their
meetings and the community to better plan their interim meeting
participation.

Also, with the new procedure, we certainly didn't want to prevent
the Secretariat from announcing virtual interim meetings, if they
were asked to announce it.

Therefore, we appended the IESG statement with the following bullet,
under: under "For virtual interim meetings of IETF working groups:"

Announcement text must be sent to​ [email-masked] for
archiving purposes. If requested, the IESG secretariat will
perform an IETF-wide announcement. The secretariat will ensure
that the interim meeting is properly configured in the datatracker.

Apologies for the not spotting this procedure gap earlier.

Regards, the IESG