Subject: BCP 203, RFC 7803 on Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:33:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 203        
        RFC 7803

        Title:      Changing the Registration Policy for 
                    the NETCONF Capability URNs Registry 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5133
        Updates:    RFC 6241
        See Also:   BCP 203

        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7803

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7803

The registration policy for the "Network Configuration Protocol
(NETCONF) Capability URNs" registry, set up by RFC 6241, has turned
out to be unnecessarily strict.  This document changes that
registration policy to "IETF Review", allowing registrations from
certain well-reviewed Experimental RFCs, in addition to Standards
Track RFCs.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC