Subject: Document Action: 'URN Namespace for MEF Documents' to Informational RFC (draft-mahesh-mef-urn-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 14:26:03 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'URN Namespace for MEF Documents'
  (draft-mahesh-mef-urn-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mahesh-mef-urn/

Technical Summary
This document describes the Namespace Identifier (NID) 'mef' for
Uniform Resource Names (URNs) used to identify resources published by
MEF Forum (http://www.mef.net).  MEF specifies and manages resources
that utilize this URN identification model.  Management activities
for these and other resources types are handled by the manager of the
MEF Assigned Names and Numbers (MANN) registry.

Review and Consensus
The document was posted to the urn-nid mailing list and to the mailing list
of the urnbis working group.  The author has revised the document accordingly.
As this is a routine URN NID registration request, no further discussion is
expected nor needed.

Personnel
Barry Leiba is the document shepherd and responsible AD for this straightforward
URN namespace registration request.