Subject: RFC 7753 on Port Control Protocol (PCP) Extension for Port-Set Allocation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 16:13:33 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7753

        Title:      Port Control Protocol (PCP) Extension 
                    for Port-Set Allocation 
        Author:     Q. Sun, M. Boucadair,
                    S. Sivakumar, C. Zhou,
                    T. Tsou, S. Perreault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 34550
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcp-port-set-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7753

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7753

In some use cases, e.g., Lightweight 4over6, the client may require
not just one port, but a port set.  This document defines an
extension to the Port Control Protocol (PCP) that allows clients to
manipulate a set of ports as a whole.  This is accomplished using a
new MAP option: PORT_SET.

This document is a product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC