Subject: Protocol Action: 'An Architecture for IP/LDP Fast-Reroute Using Maximally Redundant Trees' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 07:12:39 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An Architecture for IP/LDP Fast-Reroute Using Maximally Redundant
   Trees'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-architecture/

Technical Summary

   This document defines the architecture for IP/LDP Fast-Reroute using
   Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT-FRR).  MRT-FRR is a technology that
   gives link-protection and node-protection with 100% coverage in any
   network topology that is still connected after the failure.

Working Group Summary

    The WG thoroughly reviewed the document and no outstanding technical 
    issues remain.
   
    Both WG Chairs and the AD assigned to this WG are involved in the work, 
    so the Responsible AD (listed below), aided by the Document Shepherd, 
    conducted the WGLC.  During this process there were some comments 
    about publishing this document as Informational/Experimental, but there 
    is rough consensus to proceed on the Standards Track.

Document Quality

   There are existing implementations and multiple vendors have shown 
   significant interest in the topic.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: János Farkas
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana  

RFC Editor Note

  This document and draft-ietf-rtgwg-mrt-frr-algorithm should be published together (consecutive RFC numbers would be nice, but not necessary).