Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-mib-08.txt> (Precision Time Protocol Version 2 (PTPv2) Management Information Base) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:59:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Timing over IP Connection and
Transfer of Clock WG (tictoc) to consider the following document:
- 'Precision Time Protocol Version 2 (PTPv2) Management Information Base'
  <draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-mib-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
   In particular, it defines objects for managing networks using
   Precision Time Protocol, specified in IEEE Std. 1588(TM)-2008.

   This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is both compliant
   to the SNMPv2 SMI, and semantically identical to the peer SNMPv1
   definitions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-mib/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-mib/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.