Subject: RFC 7733 on Applicability Statement: The Use of the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) Protocol Suite in Home Automation and Building Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:34:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7733

        Title:      Applicability Statement: The Use of 
                    the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and 
                    Lossy Networks (RPL) Protocol Suite in 
                    Home Automation and Building Control 
        Author:     A. Brandt, E. Baccelli,
                    R. Cragie, P. van der Stok
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 85372
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7733

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7733

The purpose of this document is to provide guidance in the selection
and use of protocols from the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and
Lossy Networks (RPL) protocol suite to implement the features
required for control in building and home environments.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC