Subject: Proposed New Note Well

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:51:57 -0700

Previously, the IESG and IAOC legal team asked the IETF community for 
feedback [1] regarding new Note Well text. Based on the feedback 
received, the proposed Note Well text has been revised.

The current Note Well is available at 
https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html, and the proposed new one is 
below.

The IESG will make a decision about this matter shortly. Please provide 
comments, if any, to [email-masked] or to the IESG at [email-masked] 
before April 8, 2016.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/O-rLMzRQHN-ol8RmfgJzosf_WH0

--

Note Well

This is a reminder of IETF policies in effect on various topics such as 
patents or code of conduct. It is only meant to point you in the right 
direction. Exceptions may apply.

The IETF's patent policy and the definition of an IETF "contribution" 
and "participation" are set forth in BCP 79; please read it carefully.

As a reminder:

• By participating in the IETF, you agree to follow IETF processes and 
  policies.
• If you are aware that any IETF contribution is covered by patents or 
  patent applications that are owned or controlled by you or your 
  sponsor, you must disclose that fact, or not participate in the 
  discussion.
• As a participant in any IETF activity you acknowledge that written, 
  audio and video records of meetings may be made public.
• Personal information that you provide to IETF will be handled in 
  accordance with the IETF Privacy Statement.

Definitive information is in the documents listed below and other IETF 
BCPs. For advice, please talk to WG chairs or ADs:
​
BCP 9 (Internet Standards Process)
​BCP 25 (Working Group processes)
BCP 25 (Anti-Harassment Procedures)
BCP 54 (Code of Conduct)
​BCP 78 (Copyright)
​BCP 79 (Patents, Participation)
TBD (Privacy)