Subject: RFC 7774 on Multicast Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (MPL) Parameter Configuration Option for DHCPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:57:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7774

        Title:      Multicast Protocol for Low-Power and 
                    Lossy Networks (MPL) Parameter Configuration Option 
                    for DHCPv6 
        Author:     Y. Doi, M. Gillmore
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21758
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7774

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7774

This document defines a way to configure a parameter set for MPL
(Multicast Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks) via a DHCPv6
option.  MPL has a set of parameters to control its behavior, and the
parameter set is often configured as a network-wide parameter because
the parameter set should be identical for each MPL Forwarder in an
MPL Domain.  Using the MPL Parameter Configuration Option defined in
this document, a network can easily be configured with a single set
of MPL parameters.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC