Subject: RFC 7822 on Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) Extension Fields

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:53:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7822

        Title:      Network Time Protocol Version 4 
                    (NTPv4) Extension Fields 
        Author:     T. Mizrahi, D. Mayer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15759
        Updates:    RFC 5905

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ntp-extension-field-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7822

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7822

The Network Time Protocol version 4 (NTPv4) defines the optional
usage of extension fields.  An extension field, as defined in RFC
5905, is an optional field that resides at the end of the NTP header
and that can be used to add optional capabilities or additional
information that is not conveyed in the standard NTP header.  This
document updates RFC 5905 by clarifying some points regarding NTP
extension fields and their usage with Message Authentication Codes
(MACs).

This document is a product of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC