Subject: RFC 7751 on Kerberos Authorization Data Container Authenticated by Multiple Message Authentication Codes (MACs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:00:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7751

        Title:      Kerberos Authorization Data Container Authenticated 
                    by Multiple Message Authentication Codes (MACs) 
        Author:     S. Sorce,
                    T. Yu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23133
        Updates:    RFC 4120

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-cammac-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7751

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7751

This document specifies a Kerberos authorization data container that
supersedes AD-KDC-ISSUED.  It allows for multiple Message
Authentication Codes (MACs) or signatures to authenticate the
contained authorization data elements.  The multiple MACs are needed
to mitigate shortcomings in the existing AD-KDC-ISSUED container.
This document updates RFC 4120.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC