Subject: RFC 7791 on Cloning the IKE Security Association in the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:43:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7791

        Title:      Cloning the IKE Security Association 
                    in the Internet Key Exchange Protocol 
                    Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     D. Migault, Ed.,
                    V. Smyslov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32532
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mglt-ipsecme-clone-ike-sa-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7791

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7791

This document considers a VPN end user establishing an IPsec Security
Association (SA) with a Security Gateway using the Internet Key
Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2), where at least one of the peers
has multiple interfaces or where Security Gateway is a cluster with
each node having its own IP address.

The protocol described allows a peer to clone an IKEv2 SA, where an
additional SA is derived from an existing one.  The newly created IKE
SA is set without the IKEv2 authentication exchange.  This IKE SA can
later be assigned to another interface or moved to another cluster
node.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC