Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-04.txt> (Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Use Case) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:26:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Bidirectional Forwarding
Detection WG (bfd) to consider the following document:
- 'Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Use Case'
  <draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides various use cases for Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) and various requirements such that extensions could
   be developed to allow for simplified detection of forwarding
   failures.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.