Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-05.txt> (FlowQueue-Codel) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 09:20:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Active Queue Management and
Packet Scheduling WG (aqm) to consider the following document:
- 'FlowQueue-Codel'
  <draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-05.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo presents the FQ-CoDel hybrid packet scheduler/AQM
   algorithm, a powerful tool for fighting bufferbloat and reducing
   latency.

   FQ-CoDel mixes packets from multiple flows and reduces the impact of
   head of line blocking from bursty traffic.  It provides isolation for
   low-rate traffic such as DNS, web, and videoconferencing traffic.  It
   improves utilisation across the networking fabric, especially for
   bidirectional traffic, by keeping queue lengths short; and it can be
   implemented in a memory- and CPU-efficient fashion across a wide
   range of hardware.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.