Subject: RFC 7798 on RTP Payload Format for High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:48:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7798

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for High 
                    Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) 
        Author:     Y.-K. Wang, Y. Sanchez,
                    T. Schierl, S. Wenger,
                    M. M. Hannuksela
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      86
        Characters: 209680
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7798

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7798

This memo describes an RTP payload format for the video coding
standard ITU-T Recommendation H.265 and ISO/IEC International
Standard 23008-2, both also known as High Efficiency Video Coding
(HEVC) and developed by the Joint Collaborative Team on Video
Coding (JCT-VC).  The RTP payload format allows for packetization
of one or more Network Abstraction Layer (NAL) units in each RTP
packet payload as well as fragmentation of a NAL unit into
multiple RTP packets.  Furthermore, it supports transmission of
an HEVC bitstream over a single stream as well as multiple RTP streams.
When multiple RTP streams are used, a single transport or multiple
transports may be utilized.  The payload format has wide
applicability in videoconferencing, Internet video streaming, and
high-bitrate entertainment-quality video, among others.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC