Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-radext-bigger-packets-05.txt> (Larger Packets for RADIUS over TCP) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 06:02:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the RADIUS EXTensions WG (radext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Larger Packets for RADIUS over TCP'
  <draft-ietf-radext-bigger-packets-05.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The RADIUS over TLS experiment described in RFC 6614 has opened
   RADIUS to new use cases where the 4096-octet maximum size limit of
   RADIUS packet proves problematic.  This specification extends the
   RADIUS over TCP experiment (RFC 6613) to permit larger RADIUS
   packets.  This specification compliments other ongoing work to permit
   fragmentation of RADIUS authorization information.  This document
   registers a new RADIUS code, an action which requires IESG approval.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-bigger-packets/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-bigger-packets/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.