Subject: RFC 7773 on Authentication Context Certificate Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 17:51:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7773

        Title:      Authentication Context Certificate Extension 
        Author:     S. Santesson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33338
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-santesson-auth-context-extension-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7773

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7773

This document defines an extension to X.509 certificates.  The 
extension defined in this document holds data about how the 
certificate subject was authenticated by the Certification 
Authority that issued the certificate in which this extension 
appears.

This document also defines one data structure for inclusion in 
this extension.  The data structure is designed to hold information 
when the subject is authenticated using a Security Assertion Markup 
Language (SAML) assertion.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC