Subject: ISOC Board Open Forum at Buenos Aires Board Meeting (9-10 April 2016)

From: ISOC Board of Trustees <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:54:26 -0700

To the IETF Community:

The ISOC Board wants to make our Board meetings more accessible to the
ISOC community.  At our next board meeting we are planning something new,
ISOC Board Open Forums.

The Internet Society Board of Trustees provides strategic direction and
oversight to advance ISOC’s mission of preserving the open, global
Internet. To guide us in our work, we often seek input from the ISOC
community, including IETF participants.  To increase opportunities to
hear from you directly, we will hold two ISOC Board Open Forums at our
next board meeting, 9-10 April in Buenos Aires.

Public sessions of ISOC board meetings have always been open to
observers. The new Forums provide observers the opportunity to make
comments or ask questions on topics before the board. Among the topics we
are most keen to have input on at this time are Security and Encryption,
and Increasing Internet Access.

Any of you attending IETF 95 and remaining in Buenos Aires on Saturday or
Sunday, April 9 or 10, are welcome join us in person. Others may join
remotely.

The Saturday meeting will begin at 10:00 local time / 13:00 UTC, and end
at 17:00 local time / 20:00 UTC.  The Sunday meeting will begin at 09:00
local time / 12:00 UTC, and end at 16:00 local time / 19:00 UTC.  Both
will be held in the Quebracho B room of the Hilton Buenos Aires.

The ISOC Board Open Forums will be held at different times each day to
accommodate observers in different time zones around the
globe. Initially, we have set aside 30 minutes for each. This is a bit of
an experiment. If there is sufficient interest in the Forums we will
allow more time at future meetings.

Details on in-person and remote participation in Board of Trustees
meetings can be found on the Guidelines for Observers page of the ISOC
website:

   https://www.internetsociety.org/observerguidelines

For the timing of the Forums, as well as the topics to be discussed by
the board, see the board meeting agenda:

  https://www.internetsociety.org/who-we-are/board-trustees/meetings

As the the organizational home of the IETF, the Internet Society values
your input. We hope to see many of you online or in person in Buenos
Aires, 9-10 April.

Bob Hinden
Chair, ISOC Board of Trustees