Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-17.txt> (A SIP Usage for RELOAD) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:29:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol WG (p2psip) to consider the following document:
- 'A SIP Usage for RELOAD'
  <draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-17.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a SIP Usage for REsource LOcation And Discovery
   (RELOAD).  The SIP Usage provides the functionality of a SIP proxy or
   registrar in a fully-distributed system and includes a lookup service
   for Address of Records (AORs) stored in the overlay.  It also defines
   Globally Routable User Agent Uris (GRUUs) that allow the
   registrations to map an AOR to a specific node reachable through the
   overlay.  After such initial contact of a peer, the AppAttach method
   is used to establish a direct connection between nodes through which
   SIP messages are exchanged.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-sip/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-sip/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.