Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-17.txt> (Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions to Support Flow Mobility) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 07:53:20 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions to Support Flow Mobility'
  <draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-17.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Proxy Mobile IPv6 allows a mobile node to connect to the same Proxy
   Mobile IPv6 domain through different interfaces.  This document
   describes extensions to the Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol that are
   required to support network based flow mobility over multiple
   physical interfaces.

   This document updates RFC 5213.  The extensions described in this
   document consist of the operations performed by the local mobility
   anchor and the mobile access gateway to manage the prefixes assigned
   to the different interfaces of the mobile node, as well as how the
   forwarding policies are handled by the network to ensure consistent
   flow mobility management.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.