Subject: RFC 7807 on Problem Details for HTTP APIs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:27:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7807

        Title:      Problem Details for HTTP APIs 
        Author:     M. Nottingham, E. Wilde
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 31210
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7807

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7807

This document defines a "problem detail" as a way to carry machine-
readable details of errors in a HTTP response to avoid the need to
define new error response formats for HTTP APIs.

This document is a product of the ART Area General Application Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC