Subject: RFC 7802 on A Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) for the Kerberos V Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:01:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7802

        Title:      A Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) for 
                    the Kerberos V Generic Security Service 
                    Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism 
        Author:     S. Emery,
                    N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14118
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4402

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-rfc4402bis-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7802

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7802

This document defines the Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) for the
Kerberos V mechanism for the Generic Security Service Application
Program Interface (GSS-API), based on the PRF defined for the
Kerberos V cryptographic framework, for keying application protocols
given an established Kerberos V GSS-API security context.

This document obsoletes RFC 4402 and reclassifies that document as
Historic.  RFC 4402 starts the PRF+ counter at 1; however, a number
of implementations start the counter at 0.  As a result, the original
specification would not be interoperable with existing
implementations.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC