Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics-12.txt> (CDNI Request Routing: Footprint and Capabilities Semantics) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 10:51:57 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document:
- 'CDNI Request Routing: Footprint and Capabilities Semantics'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics-12.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document captures the semantics of the "Footprint and
   Capabilities Advertisement" part of the CDNI Request Routing
   interface, i.e., the desired meaning of "Footprint" and
   "Capabilities" in the CDNI context, and what the "Footprint and
   Capabilities Advertisement Interface (FCI)" offers within CDNI.  The
   document also provides guidelines for the CDNI FCI protocol.  It
   further defines a Base Advertisement Object, the necessary registries
   for capabilities and footprints, and guidelines on how these
   registries can be extended in the future.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics/

When IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-footprint-capabilities-semantics/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2656/