Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-iro-update-06.txt> (Update to Include Route Object (IRO) specification in Path Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:32:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Update to Include Route Object (IRO) specification in Path Computation
   Element communication Protocol (PCEP)'
  <draft-ietf-pce-iro-update-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   for communications between a Path Computation Client (PCC) and a PCE,
   or between two PCEs.  RFC 5440 defines the Include Route Object (IRO)
   to specify network elements to be traversed in the computed path.
   The specification did not specify if the IRO contains an ordered or
   un-ordered list of sub-objects.  During recent discussions, it was
   determined that there was a need to define a standard representation
   to ensure interoperability.

   An informal survey was conducted to determine the state of current
   and planned implementations with respect to IRO ordering and the
   handling of an attribute of the IRO's sub-object, the Loose hop bit
   (L bit).

   This document updates RFC 5440 regarding the IRO specification, based
   on the survey conclusion and recommendation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-iro-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-iro-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.