Subject: RFC 7836 on Guidelines on the Cryptographic Algorithms to Accompany the Usage of Standards GOST R 34.10-2012 and GOST R 34.11-2012

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:28:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7836

        Title:      Guidelines on the Cryptographic Algorithms 
                    to Accompany the Usage of Standards 
                    GOST R 34.10-2012 and GOST R 34.11-2012 
        Author:     S. Smyshlyaev, Ed.,
                    E. Alekseev, I. Oshkin,
                    V. Popov, S. Leontiev,
                    V. Podobaev, D. Belyavsky
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 57463
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-smyshlyaev-gost-usage-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7836

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7836

The purpose of this document is to make the specifications of the
cryptographic algorithms defined by the Russian national standards
GOST R 34.10-2012 and GOST R 34.11-2012 available to the Internet
community for their implementation in the cryptographic protocols
based on the accompanying algorithms.

These specifications define the pseudorandom functions, the key
agreement algorithm based on the Diffie-Hellman algorithm and a hash
function, the parameters of elliptic curves, the key derivation
functions, and the key export functions.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC