Subject: RFC 7808 on Time Zone Data Distribution Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7808

        Title:      Time Zone Data Distribution Service 
        Author:     M. Douglass, C. Daboo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      56
        Characters: 113582
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tzdist-service-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7808

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7808

This document defines a time zone data distribution service that
allows reliable, secure, and fast delivery of time zone data and
leap-second rules to client systems such as calendaring and
scheduling applications or operating systems.

This document is a product of the Time Zone Data Distribution Service Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC