Subject: IETF Service Outage

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 05:39:07 -0700

Greetings:

Today, we experienced a degradation in network service on the primary
IETF server.  Network service appears to have been impaired for just
over an hour.

Our automated systems did detect this issue, and we also received an
emergency alert message from Stephen Farrell, and began an
investigation immediately.  Before we could determine a cause, the
degradation cleared, and network service was back to normal.

In the meantime, this network issue did cause availability
interruptions for the Datatracker, the mailing lists and related
services; however, no data was lost, and no system damage occurred.
Email sent during that interval might be delayed, but should be
retried by sending systems over the next 1-4 hour period, and all
other services are up and available as normal.

We apologize for this inconvenience.  We will continue to monitor and
address any further issues as they occur.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)