Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base-08.txt> (Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:16:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Bidirectional Forwarding
Detection WG (bfd) to consider the following document:
- 'Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD)'
  <draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a simplified mechanism to use Bidirectional
   Forwarding Detection (BFD) with large portions of negotiation aspects
   eliminated, thus providing benefits such as quick provisioning as
   well as improved control and flexibility to network nodes initiating
   the path monitoring.

   This document updates RFC5880.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2402/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2107/