Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-drmp-04.txt> (Diameter Routing Message Priority) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 11:37:32 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Routing Message Priority'
  <draft-ietf-dime-drmp-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When making routing and resource allocation decisions, Diameter nodes
   currently have no generic mechanism to determine the relative
   priority of Diameter messages.  This document addresses this by
   defining a mechanism to allow Diameter endpoints to indicate the
   relative priority of Diameter transactions.  With this information
   Diameter nodes can factor that priority into routing, resource
   allocation and overload abatement decisions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-drmp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-drmp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.