Subject: Document Action: 'LISP EID Block Management Guidelines' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:36:43 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LISP EID Block Management Guidelines'
  (draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman, Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas
and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt/

Technical Summary:

      This document proposes a framework for the management of the LISP EID
      Block.  The framework described relies on hierarchical distribution of
      the address space, granting temporary usage of sub-prefixes of such space
      to requesting organisations.  This document is a companion of the LISP
      EID Block draft (draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block).

Working Group Summary:

      No concerns were expressed by the WG on the necessity of disposing of a
      management guidelines document.  However, this final document is the
      result of the numerous discussions that occurred within the WG.  The WG
      reached a consensus on this document.

Document Quality:

      The document is well written and of a high standard.  No special review
      was performed nor is needed.  The massive implication of the group on the
      companion document LISP EID Block (draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-10)
      indicates the absolute need of publishing this management document (i.e.,
      draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-04) jointly with the LISP EID Block
      document.  People having contributed significantly to the work are well
      acknowledged in the document.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? 

      Damien Saucez <[email-masked]> 

Who is the Responsible Area Director?

      Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>