Subject: Moved to Historic: RFC 3318 on Framework Policy Information Base

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 3318 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 3318

        Title:      Framework Policy Information Base 
        Author:     R. Sahita, Ed.,
                    S. Hahn,
                    K. Chan,
                    K. McCloghrie
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2003
        Pages:      70
        Characters: 144530
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3318

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC3318

This document defines a set of PRovisioning Classes (PRCs) and textual
conventions that are common to all clients that provision policy using
Common Open Policy Service (COPS) protocol for Provisioning.

Structure of Policy Provisioning Information (SPPI) describes a
structure for specifying policy information that can then be
transmitted to a network device for the purpose of configuring
policy at that device.  The model underlying this structure is one
of well-defined (PRCs) and instances of these
classes (PRIs) residing in a virtual information store called the
Policy Information Base (PIB).

One way to provision policy is by means of the (COPS) protocol with
the extensions for provisioning.  This protocol supports multiple
clients, each of which may provision policy for a specific policy
domain such as QoS, virtual private networks, or security.

As described in COPS usage for Policy Provisioning (COPS-PR), each
client supports a non-overlapping and independent set of PIB
modules.  However, some PRovisioning Classes are common to all
subject-categories (client-types) and need to be present in
each.

This document is a product of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC