Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-05.txt> (Requirements for Subscription to YANG Datastores) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:58:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Interface to the Routing System
WG (i2rs) to consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Subscription to YANG Datastores'
  <draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides requirements for a service that allows client
   applications to subscribe to updates of a YANG datastore.  Based on
   criteria negotiated as part of a subscription, updates will be pushed
   to targeted recipients.  Such a capability eliminates the need for
   periodic polling of YANG datastores by applications and fills a
   functional gap in existing YANG transports (i.e.  Netconf and
   Restconf).  Such a service can be summarized as a "pub/sub" service
   for YANG datastore updates.  Beyond a set of basic requirements for
   the service, various refinements are addressed.  These refinements
   include: periodicity of object updates, filtering out of objects
   underneath a requested a subtree, and delivery QoS guarantees.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.