Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig-10.txt> (Securing RPSL Objects with RPKI Signatures) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 11:45:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'Securing RPSL Objects with RPKI Signatures'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a method to allow parties to electronically
   sign Routing Policy Specification Language objects and validate such
   electronic signatures.  This allows relying parties to detect
   accidental or malicious modifications on such objects.  It also
   allows parties who run Internet Routing Registries or similar
   databases, but do not yet have Routing Policy System Security-based
   authentication of the maintainers of certain objects, to verify that
   the additions or modifications of such database objects are done by
   the legitimate holder(s) of the Internet resources mentioned in those
   objects.  This document updates RFC 2622 and RFC 4012 to add the
   signature attribute to supported RPSL objects.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.