Subject: RFC 7834 on Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Impact

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:45:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7834

        Title:      Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Impact 
        Author:     D. Saucez, L. Iannone,
                    A. Cabellos, F. Coras
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],   
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 43168
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-impact-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7834

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7834

The Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) aims to improve the
Internet routing scalability properties by leveraging three
principles: address role separation, encapsulation, and mapping.  In
this document, based on implementation work, deployment experiences,
and theoretical studies, we discuss the impact that the deployment of
LISP can have on both the routing infrastructure and the end user.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC