Subject: RFC 7838 on HTTP Alternative Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 17:49:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7838

        Title:      HTTP Alternative Services 
        Author:     M. Nottingham, P. McManus, J. Reschke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 42681
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7838

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7838

This document specifies "Alternative Services" for HTTP, which allow
an origin's resources to be authoritatively available at a separate
network location, possibly accessed with a different protocol
configuration.

This document is a product of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC