Subject: Protocol Action: 'Hierarchical Join/Prune Attributes' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:02:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Hierarchical Join/Prune Attributes'
  (draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a hierachical method of encoding Join
   attributes, providing a more efficient encoding when the same
   attribute values need to be specified for multiple sources in a PIM
   Join/Prune message.

Working Group Summary

  There has been light, but unanimous, support for the document. Only 
   support has been shown, nothing controversial in this draft.

Document Quality

  There are implementation plans from at least one vendor.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd = Mike McBride
   Area Director = Alvaro Retana