Subject: Protocol Action: 'A SIP Usage for RELOAD' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-21.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:36:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A SIP Usage for RELOAD'
  (draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-21.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-sip/

Technical Summary:

This document defines a SIP Usage for RELOAD (RFC6940). This SIP Usage provides
the functionality of a SIP proxy or registrar in a fully-distributed system and
includes a lookup service for Address of Records (AORs) stored in the overlay.
The document also defines Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs) that allow
the registrations to map an AOR to a specific node reachable through the
overlay.  After such initial contact of a peer, a direct connection between
nodes (to exchange SIP messages) can be established using the AppAttach method.

Working Group Summary:

The normal WG process was followed and the document has been discussed for
several years. The document as it is now, reflects WG consensus, with nothing
special worth noting.

Document Quality:

The document was thoroughly reviewed by Marc Petit-Huguenin.

Personnel:
Carlos J. Bernardos is the Document Shepherd. Alissa Cooper is the Responsible Area Director