Subject: Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos-15.txt> (DSCP and other packet markings for WebRTC QoS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:41:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'DSCP and other packet markings for WebRTC QoS'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many networks, such as service provider and enterprise networks, can
   provide different forwarding treatments for individual packets based
   on Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) values on a per-hop
   basis.  This document provides the recommended DSCP values for web
   browsers to use for various classes of WebRTC traffic.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

Please note that this standards-track draft includes normative references
to RFC 4594 and RFC 7657, which are both Informational RFCs. The previous
Last Call announcement did not call attention to this, as required by BCP
97.