Subject: Protocol Action: 'WebRTC Audio Codec and Processing Requirements' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:05:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'WebRTC Audio Codec and Processing Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio/

Technical Summary

   This document outlines the audio codec and processing requirements
   for WebRTC client application and endpoint devices.

Working Group Summary

 Some members of the WG wished to add additional MTI codecs. Rational for those are provided in draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-codecs-for-interop which is referenced by this spec. 

Document Quality

  There are several implementations including FireFox and Chrome. 

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd?
Cullen Jennings

 Who is the Responsible Area Director?
Alissa Cooper