Subject: BCP 127, RFC 7857 on Updates to Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:47:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 127        
        RFC 7857

        Title:      Updates to Network Address Translation (NAT)
                    Behavioral Requirements 
        Author:     R. Penno, S. Perreault,
                    M. Boucadair, Ed.,
                    S. Sivakumar, K. Naito
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29255
        Updates:    RFC 4787, RFC 5382, RFC 5508
        See Also:   BCP 127

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-behave-requirements-update-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7857

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7857

This document clarifies and updates several requirements of RFCs
4787, 5382, and 5508 based on operational and development experience.
The focus of this document is Network Address Translation from IPv4
to IPv4 (NAT44).

This document updates RFCs 4787, 5382, and 5508.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC