Subject: Last Call: <draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-00.txt> (Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:59:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status
Section'
  <draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-00.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
   Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
   including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
   reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to documents
   that have the benefit of running code, which may serve as evidence of
   valuable experimentation and feedback that have made the implemented
   protocols more mature.

   This process is not mandatory.  Authors of Internet-Drafts are
   encouraged to consider using the process for their documents, and
   working groups are invited to think about applying the process to all
   of their protocol specifications.  This document obsoletes RFC 6982,
   advancing it to a Best Current Practice.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.