Subject: Document Action: 'SPRING Problem Statement and Requirements' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 09:29:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SPRING Problem Statement and Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement/

Technical Summary

   This document lists requirements and main use-cases to be considered
   in the design of architectures aimed at reaching the goals of the SPRING 
   working group. 

   It highlights the importance of supporting both MPLS and IPv6 data-planes. 

Working Group Summary

   This document is actually a solution to a controversy at the early days 
   of SPRING, where problem description and solutions were tied in single 
   documents.   Once the separation occurred there were no items where
   the consensus was rough.

Document Quality

   A large number of vendors and operator have supported the adoption 
   of this draft, and are also participating in the development of solutions.

Personnel

   Pierre Francois is the Document Shepherd.
   Alvaro Retana is the  Responsible Area Director.