Subject: RFC 7788 on Home Networking Control Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7788

        Title:      Home Networking Control Protocol 
        Author:     M. Stenberg, S. Barth, P. Pfister
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 94146
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7788

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7788

This document describes the Home Networking Control Protocol (HNCP),
an extensible configuration protocol, and a set of requirements for
home network devices.  HNCP is described as a profile of and
extension to the Distributed Node Consensus Protocol (DNCP).  HNCP
enables discovery of network borders, automated configuration of
addresses, name resolution, service discovery, and the use of any
routing protocol that supports routing based on both the source and
destination address.

This document is a product of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC