Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extranet Multicast in BGP/IP MPLS VPNs' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 15:57:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extranet Multicast in BGP/IP MPLS VPNs'
  (draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet/

Technical Summary

  This Document specifies procedures enabling for multicast 
  traffic whose source is in one VPN to be received by systems 
  that are in another VPN. This is referred to as "extranet MVPN"

Working Group Summary

   Nothing worth noting.  The consensus is solid, specially among 
   the people who have reviewed the document.

Document Quality

  The Document Shepherd is aware of two implementations.
  
  In general I found the document (relatively) not hard to follow, 
  if you read it end-to-end — it may be harder for someone to 
  jump in and read/review a specific section without the benefit 
  of building up to it. 

  Since its first version the Document has received
  attention from several reviewers which are acknowledged.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
  Alvaro Retana is the Responsible AD