Subject: RFC 7787 on Distributed Node Consensus Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7787

        Title:      Distributed Node Consensus Protocol 
        Author:     M. Stenberg, S. Barth
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 96466
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-homenet-dncp-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7787

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7787

This document describes the Distributed Node Consensus Protocol
(DNCP), a generic state synchronization protocol that uses the
Trickle algorithm and hash trees.  DNCP is an abstract protocol and
must be combined with a specific profile to make a complete
implementable protocol.

This document is a product of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC