Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-falsestart-01.txt> (Transport Layer Security (TLS) False Start) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:38:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) False Start'
  <draft-ietf-tls-falsestart-01.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an optional behavior of TLS client
   implementations, dubbed False Start.  It affects only protocol
   timing, not on-the-wire protocol data, and can be implemented
   unilaterally.  A TLS False Start reduces handshake latency to one
   round trip.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-falsestart/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-falsestart/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The reference to RFC2616 should probably be updated to 7230.