Subject: Protocol Action: 'IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-imapapnd-rfc2088bis-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:40:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals'
  (draft-ietf-imapapnd-rfc2088bis-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IMAP APPEND Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-imapapnd-rfc2088bis/

Technical Summary
The document specifies two IMAP extensions: LITERAL+ and LITERAL-.
LITERAL+ allows the alternate form of literals in all IMAP commands.
LITERAL- is the same as LITERAL+, but disallows the alternate form of
literals unless they are 4096 bytes or less.  This replaces RFC 2088, which
originally defined LITERAL+ as Proposed Standard.

Review and Consensus
The document was reviewed by the Imapapnd Working Group.  There was a
small number of participants interested in the draft.    There was WG
Consensus on the IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals document.

Personnel
S. Moonesamy is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ben Campbell is
the Responsible Area Director.