Subject: RFC 7843 on Port Control Protocol (PCP) Third-Party ID Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7843

        Title:      Port Control Protocol (PCP) Third-Party 
                    ID Option 
        Author:     A. Ripke, R. Winter,
                    T. Dietz, J. Quittek, R. da Silva
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30488
        Updates:    RFC 6887

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pcp-third-party-id-option-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7843

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7843

This document describes a new Port Control Protocol (PCP) option
called the THIRD_PARTY_ID option.  It is designed to be used together
with the THIRD_PARTY option specified in RFC 6887.

The THIRD_PARTY_ID option serves to identify a third party in
situations where a third party's IP address contained in the
THIRD_PARTY option does not provide sufficient information to create
requested mappings in a PCP-controlled device.

This document is a product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC