Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-additional-signal-type-g709v3-04.txt> (Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extension for Additional Signal Types in G.709 OTN) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 15:36:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extension
   for Additional Signal Types in G.709 OTN'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-additional-signal-type-g709v3-04.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

RFC 4328 and RFC 7139 provide Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic
Engineering (RSVP-TE) signaling extensions to control the full set
of Optical Transport Network (OTN) features. However, these
specifications do not cover the additional Optical channel Data
Unit (ODU) containers defined in G.Sup43 (ODU1e, ODU3e1 and
ODU3e2). This document defines new signal types for these
additional containers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-additional-signal-type-g709v3/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-additional-signal-type-g709v3/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.