Subject: RFC 7846 on Peer-to-Peer Streaming Tracker Protocol (PPSTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 17:41:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7846

        Title:      Peer-to-Peer Streaming Tracker Protocol (PPSTP) 
        Author:     R. Cruz, M. Nunes,
                    J. Xia, R. Huang, Ed.,
                    J. Taveira, D. Lingli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 120911
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ppsp-base-tracker-protocol-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7846

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7846

This document specifies the base Peer-to-Peer Streaming
Tracker Protocol (PPSTP) version 1, an application-layer control
(signaling) protocol for the exchange of meta information between
trackers and peers.  The specification outlines the architecture of
the protocol and its functionality; it also describes message flows,
message processing instructions, message formats, formal syntax, and
semantics.  The PPSTP enables cooperating peers to
form content-streaming overlay networks to support near real-time
delivery of structured media content (audio, video, and associated timed
text and metadata), such as adaptive multi-rate, layered (scalable),
and multi-view (3D) videos in live, time-shifted, and on-demand
modes.

This document is a product of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC