Subject: RFC 7841 on RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 16:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7841

        Title:      RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates 
        Author:     J. Halpern, Ed.,
                    L. Daigle, Ed.,
                    O. Kolkman, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 27950
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5741

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-rfc5741bis-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7841

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7841

RFC documents contain a number of fixed elements such as the title
page header, standard boilerplates, and copyright/IPR statements.
This document describes them and introduces some updates to reflect
current usage and requirements of RFC publication.  In particular,
this updated structure is intended to communicate clearly the source
of RFC creation and review.  This document obsoletes RFC 5741, moving
detailed content to an IAB web page and preparing for more flexible
output formats.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC