Subject: RFC 7864 on Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions to Support Flow Mobility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 17:03:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7864

        Title:      Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions to 
                    Support Flow Mobility 
        Author:     CJ. Bernardos, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 44225
        Updates:    RFC 5213

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7864

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7864

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) allows a mobile node to connect to the
same PMIPv6 domain through different interfaces.  This document
describes extensions to the PMIPv6 protocol that are required to
support network-based flow mobility over multiple physical
interfaces.

This document updates RFC 5213.  The extensions described in this
document consist of the operations performed by the local mobility
anchor and the mobile access gateway to manage the prefixes assigned
to the different interfaces of the mobile node, as well as how the
forwarding policies are handled by the network to ensure consistent
flow mobility management.

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC