Subject: Document Action: 'Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) Traceability: Framework and Information Model' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 19:10:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) Traceability: Framework and
   Information Model'
  (draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Interface to the Routing System
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability/

Technical Summary

This document describes a framework for traceability in the Interface
   to the Routing System (I2RS) and information model for that
   framework.  It specifies the motivation, requirements, use cases, and
   defines an information model for recording interactions between
   elements implementing the I2RS protocol.  This framework provides a
   consistent tracing interface for components implementing the I2RS
   architecture to record what was done, by which component, and when.
   It aims to improve the management of I2RS implementations, and can be
   used for troubleshooting, auditing, forensics, and accounting
   purposes.

Working Group Summary

Working consensus for requirements was honed over 6 months (May -Nov 2015).
WG LC done on individual draft 5/26/2015 to 6/9/2015 
WG LC done with All of requirement drafts 10/6/2015 to 10/20/2015 

Document Quality

  This draft is comes out of the work with Open Daylight Project 
  and other implementations of early I2RS protocols. 

  A significant number of vendors have indicated their plan to 
 expand existing protocols to create an IRS amalgamate protocol. 
 A list includes the following: Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Ericsson, 
Google, Packetdesign (Client software) and others. 

  Reviews of the requirement package did not change the traceability draft. 
  The NETCONF reviewed the traceability document and found no additional 
  requirements for the NETCONF or RESTCONF suite.  

  The security directorate QA review found that traceability did not by itself
  provide security's level of assurance or tracing.   Traceability  was targeted for logging
  information that adds to data assurance or tracing.  

Personnel

Document shepherd:  Susan Hares
WG Chairs: Susan Hares and Jeff Haas
AD: Alia Atlas