Subject: RFC 7869 on The "vnc" URI Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 16:50:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7869

        Title:      The "vnc" URI Scheme 
        Author:     D. Warden, I. Iordanov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 53002
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-warden-appsawg-vnc-scheme-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7869

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7869

Virtual Network Computing (VNC) software provides remote desktop
functionality.  This document describes a Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI) scheme enabling the launch of VNC clients from
other applications.  The scheme specifies parameters useful in
securely connecting clients with remote hosts.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC