Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server-10.txt> (Internet Exchange BGP Route Server) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 15:43:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'Internet Exchange BGP Route Server'
  <draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document outlines a specification for multilateral
   interconnections at Internet exchange points (IXPs).  Multilateral
   interconnection is a method of exchanging routing information between
   three or more external BGP speakers using a single intermediate
   broker system, referred to as a route server.  Route servers are
   typically used on shared access media networks, such as Internet
   exchange points (IXPs), to facilitate simplified interconnection
   between multiple Internet routers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.