Subject: Volunteer Needed for ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 10:24:14 -0700

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward to all interested parties.

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB has been asked to name a technical expert 
to the ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC). The RZERC is 
expected to:

  - Review and provide input regarding proposed architectural and 
    operational changes to the root zone.

  - As determined necessary by the committee, propose architectural and 
    operational changes to the Root Zone for consideration by the ICANN 
    Board.

  - Act as a consultation body for ICANN during the RFP process for the 
    Root Zone Maintainer, if needed.

The IAB is asking the community for volunteers to serve a one-year 
renewable term on the ICANN RZERC.  If you are interested, please send a 
short email message to iab-chair at iab.org with a copy to execd at 
iab.org with your motivation and information concerning your familiarity 
with the IETF and ICANN as well as the other standards organizations 
represented on the TLG.  The deadline for volunteering is Wednesday, 22 
June 2016.

The IAB will select from the available candidates, taking into account
the familiarity with ICANN and the IETF, their roles, and the IETF
protocols. The selected candidates will serve on the ICANN RZERC on 
personal title; however, the IAB will be looking for a candidate who has 
an understanding of the interests of the technical community.

The IAB will select one person for a one-year term that will begin upon 
the establishment of the committee. This appointment will be renewable 
for up to three additional one-year terms.

The ICANN RZERC is expected to meet as frequently as necessary, with at 
least one meeting per calendar year.  

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone
else for one of the TLG positions, please send an email message to
iab-chair at iab.org and execd at iab.org by 22 June 2016.

On behalf of the IAB,
   Cindy Morgan
   IAB Executive Administrative Manager