Subject: Protocol Action: 'Seamless BFD for VCCV' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pals-seamless-vccv-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 08:00:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Seamless BFD for VCCV'
  (draft-ietf-pals-seamless-vccv-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-seamless-vccv/

Technical Summary

 This document extends the procedures and Connectivity Verification (CV) types
already defined for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Virtual Circuit
Connectivity Verification (VCCV) to define Seamless BFD (S-BFD) for VCCV. 
It updates RFC 5885, extending the CV Values and the Capability Selection, and
is thus being submitted to be a Proposed Standard.

Working Group Summary

The draft has been non-controversial and there were no objections to consensus at any point.
 
Document Quality

 The draft is externally cited by a CableLabs document, Data-Over-Cable
Service Interface Specifications DCA - MHAv2
( http://www.cablelabs.com/wp-content/uploads/specdocs/CM-SP-R-DEPI-I03-161021.pdf )
as a MUST for portions of its functionality. To my knowledge it has not yet been
implemented, as it has not received IANA early allocations, but it is in at least
one vendor's roadmap once the allocations have been made.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Andy Malis.
The responsible Area Director is Deborah Brungard.