Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmarc-interoperability-15.txt> (Interoperability Issues Between DMARC and Indirect Email Flows) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 06:42:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain-based Message
Authentication, Reporting & Conformance WG (dmarc) to consider the
following document:
- 'Interoperability Issues Between DMARC and Indirect Email Flows'
  <draft-ietf-dmarc-interoperability-15.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DMARC introduces a mechanism for expressing domain-level policies and
   preferences for email message validation, disposition, and reporting.
   The DMARC mechanism can encounter interoperability issues when
   messages do not flow directly from the author's administrative domain
   to the final recipients.  Collectively these email flows are referred
   to as indirect email flows.  This document describes interoperability
   issues between DMARC and indirect email flows.  Possible methods for
   addressing interoperability issues are presented.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-interoperability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-interoperability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.