Subject: Document Action: Pip Header Processing to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 06:45:37 -0700

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- Pip Header Processing
  (rfc1622) to Historic

This document action is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-ip-versions-5-8-9-to-historic/

A URL of the affected document is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc1622/

Status Change Details:

A variety of alternative architectures have been proposed as the
successor to IPv4. Many of these proposals have been published as RFCs
and allocated IP version numbers by IANA. This status change formally
moves RFC 1347, RFC 1819, RFC 1621,and RFC 1622 to Historic status.

As a part of this status change, IANA is directed to change IP version
numbers 5, 8, and 9 to Reserved in the IP Version Numbers registry
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/version-numbers/version-numbers.xhtml)
and add this status-change document to their references. Additionally,
version number 7 is to be marked Reserved and its reference updated to
include RFC 6814.

Personnel 

   Suresh Krishnan is the responsible Area Director.