Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc-10.txt> (Use of BGP for routing in large-scale data centers) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 15:51:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Use of BGP for routing in large-scale data centers'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Some network operators build and operate data centers that support
   over one hundred thousand servers.  In this document, such data
   centers are referred to as "large-scale" to differentiate them from
   smaller infrastructures.  Environments of this scale have a unique
   set of network requirements with an emphasis on operational
   simplicity and network stability.  This document summarizes
   operational experience in designing and operating large-scale data
   centers using BGP as the only routing protocol.  The intent is to
   report on a proven and stable routing design that could be leveraged
   by others in the industry.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.