Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPF Extensions to Advertise Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Target Discriminators' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 13:34:13 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Extensions to Advertise Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (S-BFD) Target Discriminators'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator/

Technical Summary

 This document specifies extensions to OSPF Router Informational
      (RI) to for an OSPF router to advertise its Seamless BFD 
      discriminators. The scope of an advertisement can be an OSPF area
      or the entire OSPF routing domain. The architecture for seamless
      BFD is described in "Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection 
      (S-BFD)" - draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base-05.

Working Group Summary

      The document is an adjunct to the Seamless-BFD work being done in
      the BFD WG. It is very straight-forward and there hasn't been 
      many comments. 

      During WG last call, it was noted that the behavior must be 
      specified when there are multiple instances of the S-BFD 
      discriminator TLV. This comment was subsequently handled. 

      The question of multiple S-BFD discriminators was also discussed
      in reference to the base Seamless BFD draft. This results in
      much discussion with appropriate text added to the base document
      indicating that this was basically a local matter and outside the
      scope of the standard. 

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for some time and is being
      advanced now that the seamless BFD work is being advanced in 
      the BFD working group.

Personnel
    Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
    Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.