Subject: RFC 7799 on Active and Passive Metrics and Methods (with Hybrid Types In-Between)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 14:30:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7799

        Title:      Active and Passive Metrics and Methods
                    (with Hybrid Types In-Between)
        Author:     A. Morton
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 33717
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-active-passive-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7799

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7799

This memo provides clear definitions for Active and Passive
performance assessment.  The construction of Metrics and Methods can
be described as either "Active" or "Passive".  Some methods may use a
subset of both Active and Passive attributes, and we refer to these
as "Hybrid Methods".  This memo also describes multiple dimensions to
help evaluate new methods as they emerge.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC