Subject: IAB Comments on Proposed changes to Internet Society bylaws

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 14:49:01 -0700

Thanks for the opportunity to comment on the proposed Internet Society 
Bylaws.

Regarding the second proposed change, the Internet Architecture Board 
(IAB) would prefer that the bylaws not dictate when the selection 
process take place. Instead, the bylaw should state when the newly 
appointed Trustee's term begins. One way to do this in the bylaws is:

"Any vacancy for a Board seat filled by the Internet Engineering Task 
Force (IETF) shall be filled using a process of their own choosing. Any 
Trustee selected or appointed by the IETF to fill a vacancy will hold 
office commencing at the start of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) 
following their selection or appointment. Should a vacancy occur while 
a call for candidates is already active, the two appointments may be 
made concurrently, with the IETF deciding which appointment is to 
receive which term."

For the IAB,
Cindy Morgan
IAB Executive Administrative Manager