Subject: RFC 7823 on Performance-Based Path Selection for Explicitly Routed Label Switched Paths (LSPs) Using TE Metric Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 17:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7823

        Title:      Performance-Based Path Selection for Explicitly 
                    Routed Label Switched Paths (LSPs) Using 
                    TE Metric Extensions 
        Author:     A. Atlas, J. Drake,
                    S. Giacalone, S. Previdi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23256
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7823

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7823

In certain networks, it is critical to consider network performance
criteria when selecting the path for an explicitly routed RSVP-TE
Label Switched Path (LSP).  Such performance criteria can include
latency, jitter, and loss or other indications such as the
conformance to link performance objectives and non-RSVP TE traffic
load.  This specification describes how a path computation function
may use network performance data, such as is advertised via the OSPF
and IS-IS TE metric extensions (defined outside the scope of this
document) to perform such path selections.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC