Subject: Protocol Action: 'Securing RPSL Objects with RPKI Signatures' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:15:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Securing RPSL Objects with RPKI Signatures'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpsl-sig/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a method to allow parties to electronically
   sign Routing Policy Specification Language objects and validate such
   electronic signatures.  This allows relying parties to detect
   accidental or malicious modifications on such objects.  It also
   allows parties who run Internet Routing Registries or similar
   databases, but do not yet have Routing Policy System Security-based
   authentication of the maintainers of certain objects, to verify that
   the additions or modifications of such database objects are done by
   the legitimate holder(s) of the Internet resources mentioned in those
   objects.

Working Group Summary

   This document has been in the working group for a long time; periodic 
   interest polls have always been positive.

Document Quality

   Yes, IRR implementations exist.  The reviews so far have been thorough.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Sandra Murphy
   Responsible AD: Alvaro Retana