Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mile-rfc5070-bis-21.txt> (The Incident Object Description Exchange Format v2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 11:05:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Managed Incident Lightweight
Exchange WG (mile) to consider the following document:
- 'The Incident Object Description Exchange Format v2'
  <draft-ietf-mile-rfc5070-bis-21.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) defines a
   data representation for security incident reports and cyber
   indicators commonly exchanged by operational security teams for
   mitigation and watch and warning.  This document describes an updated
   information model for the IODEF and provides an associated data model
   specified with XML Schema.  This new information and data model
   obsoletes Request for Comment (RFC) 5070, "The Incident Object
   Description Exchange Format".

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rfc5070-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rfc5070-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.