Subject: RFC 7871 on Client Subnet in DNS Queries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 13:29:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7871

        Title:      Client Subnet in DNS Queries 
        Author:     C. Contavalli, 
                    W. van der Gaast,
                    D. Lawrence,
                    W. Kumari
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 67651
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-client-subnet-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7871

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7871

This document describes an Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS0)
option that is in active use to carry information about the network
that originated a DNS query and the network for which the subsequent
response can be cached.  Since it has some known operational and
privacy shortcomings, a revision will be worked through the IETF for
improvement.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC