Subject: Protocol Action: 'IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm (rfc6145bis)' to Proposed Standard (draft-bao-v6ops-rfc6145bis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 08:18:08 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm (rfc6145bis)'
  (draft-bao-v6ops-rfc6145bis-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bao-v6ops-rfc6145bis/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the Stateless IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm
   (SIIT), which translates between IPv4 and IPv6 packet headers
   (including ICMP headers).  This document obsoletes RFC 6145.

Document Quality

   While the update was primarily done by co-authors, The document 
   shepherd is one of the authors of RFC 6145. The changes required by
   draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-eam and draft-ietf-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation 
   were discussed and approved in v6ops and 6man respectively, and 
   are well understood.

Personnel

 Fred Baker is the document shepherd. The AD is Joel Jaeggli.