Subject: Document Action: 'Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Use Cases' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 13:28:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Use Cases'
  (draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case/

Technical Summary

   This document provides various use cases  and related requirements
   for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) such that extensions 
   could be developed to allow for simplified detection of forwarding 
   failures.

Working Group Summary

   The use cases are seen to enable the use of core BFD technologies in
   a fashion that leverages existing implementations and protocol machinery
   while providing a simplified and largely stateless infrastructure for
   continuity testing.  While there were no objections for publishing this
   document, the WG also didn't show significant interest in it.

Document Quality

   This document describes use cases.  In general, the quality of the
   descriptions is good.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Jeffrey Haas, co-chair BFD. 
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana.