Subject: RFC 7837 on IPv6 Destination Option for Congestion Exposure (ConEx)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 10:42:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7837

        Title:      IPv6 Destination Option for Congestion 
                    Exposure (ConEx) 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, M. Kuehlewind,
                    B. Briscoe, C. Ralli
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29708
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-conex-destopt-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7837

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7837

Congestion Exposure (ConEx) is a mechanism by which senders inform
the network about the congestion encountered by packets earlier in
the same flow.  This document specifies an IPv6 destination option
that is capable of carrying ConEx markings in IPv6 datagrams.

This document is a product of the Congestion Exposure Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC