Subject: RFC 7840 on A Routing Request Extension for the HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 17:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7840

        Title:      A Routing Request Extension for 
                    the HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) Protocol 
        Author:     J. Winterbottom, H. Tschofenig, L. Liess
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 30696
        Updates:    RFC 5985, RFC 6881

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-held-routing-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7840

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7840

For cases where location servers have access to emergency routing
information, they are able to return routing information with the
location information if the location request includes a request for
the desired routing information.  This document specifies an
extension to the HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) protocol that
updates RFC 5985 to support this function.  Allowing location and
routing information to be acquired in a single request response
exchange updates RFC 6881, as current location acquisition and route
determination procedures are separate operations.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC