Subject: RFC 7854 on BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7854

        Title:      BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) 
        Author:     J. Scudder, Ed.,
                    R. Fernando, S. Stuart
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 60953
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-bmp-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7854

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7854

This document defines the BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP), which can be
used to monitor BGP sessions.  BMP is intended to provide a
convenient interface for obtaining route views.  Prior to the
introduction of BMP, screen scraping was the most commonly used
approach to obtaining such views.  The design goals are to keep BMP
simple, useful, easily implemented, and minimally service affecting.
BMP is not suitable for use as a routing protocol.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC