Subject: RFC 7813 on IS-IS Path Control and Reservation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7813

        Title:      IS-IS Path Control and Reservation 
        Author:     J. Farkas, Ed.,
                    N. Bragg,
                    P. Unbehagen,
                    G. Parsons,
                    P. Ashwood-Smith,
                    C. Bowers
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 77823
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-pcr-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7813

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7813

IEEE 802.1Qca Path Control and Reservation (PCR) specifies explicit
path control via IS-IS in Layer 2 networks in order to move beyond
the shortest path capabilities provided by IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path
Bridging (SPB).  IS-IS PCR provides capabilities for the
establishment and control of explicit forwarding trees in a Layer 2
network domain.  This document specifies the sub-TLVs for IS-IS PCR.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC