Subject: Last Call: <draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket-12.txt> (The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:22:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Message Session Relay
   Protocol (MSRP)'
  <draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way real-time communication
   between clients and servers in situations where direct access to TCP
   and UDP are not available (for example, from within Javascript in a
   web browser).  This document specifies a new WebSocket sub-protocol
   as a reliable transport mechanism between MSRP (Message Session Relay
   Protocol) clients and relays to enable usage of MSRP in new
   scenarios.  This document normatively updates RFC 4975 and RFC 4976.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.