Subject: RFC 7912 on Message Authorizing Email Header Field and Its Use for the Draft and Release Procedure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:58:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7912

        Title:      Message Authorizing Email Header Field 
                    and Its Use for the Draft 
                    and Release Procedure 
        Author:     A. Melnikov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24086
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-mmhs-authorizing-users-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7912

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7912

This document describes a procedure for when a Military Message
Handling System (MMHS) message is composed by one user and is only
released to the mail transfer system when one or more Authorizing
Users authorize release of the message by adding the
MMHS-Authorizing-Users header field.  The resulting message can be
optionally signed by the sender and/or reviewer, allowing recipients
to verify both the original signature (if any) and the review
signatures.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC