Subject: RFC 7910 on Interoperability between the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol and PIM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:11:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7910

        Title:      Interoperability between the Virtual Router 
                    Redundancy Protocol and PIM 
        Author:     W. Zhou
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 14255
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhou-pim-vrrp-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7910

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7910

This document introduces VRRP-aware PIM, a redundancy mechanism for
the Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) to interoperate with the
Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP).  It allows PIM to track
VRRP state and to preserve multicast traffic upon failover in a
redundant network with virtual routing groups enabled.  The mechanism
described in this document is based on Cisco IOS software
implementation.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC