Subject: RFC 7894 on Alternative Challenge Password Attributes for Enrollment over Secure Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:39:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7894

        Title:      Alternative Challenge Password Attributes for 
                    Enrollment over Secure Transport 
        Author:     M. Pritikin, C. Wallace
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19712
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7894

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7894

This document defines a set of new Certificate Signing Request
attributes for use with the Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST)
protocol.  These attributes provide disambiguation of the existing
overloaded uses for the challengePassword attribute defined in "PKCS
#9: Selected Object Classes and Attribute Types Version 2.0" (RFC
2985).  Uses include the original certificate revocation password,
common authentication password uses, and EST-defined linking of
transport security identity.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC