Subject: RFC 7848 on Mark and Signed Mark Objects Mapping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7848

        Title:      Mark and Signed Mark Objects Mapping 
        Author:     G. Lozano
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 46443
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7848

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7848

Domain Name Registries (DNRs) may operate in special modes for
certain periods of time, enabling trademark holders to protect their
rights during the introduction of a Top-Level Domain (TLD).

One of those special modes of operation is the Sunrise Period.  The
Sunrise Period allows trademark holders an advance opportunity to
register domain names corresponding to their trademarks before names
are generally available to the public.

This document describes the format of a mark and a digitally signed
mark used by trademark holders for registering domain names during
the Sunrise Period of generic Top-Level Domains (gTLDs).  Three types
of Mark objects are defined in this specification: registered
trademarks, court-validated marks, and marks protected by statue or
treaty.

This document is a product of the Extensible Provisioning Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC