Subject: RFC 7906 on NSA's Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Key Management Attributes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:13:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7906

        Title:      NSA's Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) 
                    Key Management Attributes 
        Author:     P. Timmel, R. Housley, S. Turner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      68
        Characters: 145888
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-km-attributes-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7906

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7906

This document defines key management attributes used by the National
Security Agency (NSA).  The attributes can appear in asymmetric and/or
symmetric key packages as well as the Cryptographic Message Syntax
(CMS) content types that subsequently envelope the key packages.  Key
packages described in RFCs 5958 and 6031 are examples of where these
attributes can be used.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC