Subject: RFC 7891 on Explicit Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) Vector

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:21:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7891

        Title:      Explicit Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) Vector 
        Author:     J. Asghar, IJ. Wijnands, Ed.,
                    S. Krishnaswamy, A. Karan, V. Arya
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19067
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7891

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7891

The PIM Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF) Vector TLV defined in RFC 5496
can be included in a PIM Join Attribute such that the RPF neighbor is
selected based on the unicast reachability of the RPF Vector instead
of the source or Rendezvous Point associated with the multicast tree.

This document defines a new RPF Vector Attribute type such that an
explicit RPF neighbor list can be encoded in the PIM Join Attribute,
thus bypassing the unicast route lookup.

This document is a product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC