Subject: Protocol Action: 'The YANG 1.1 Data Modeling Language' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:54:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The YANG 1.1 Data Modeling Language'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis/

Technical Summary

  YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration data,
  state data, remote procedure calls, and notifications for network
  management protocols like the Network Configuration Protocol
  (NETCONF). This document defines YANG version 1.1.

Working Group Summary

  This is an update of YANG 1.0 as defined in RFC 6020. The working
  group used an issue tracker and a number of virtual interim meetings
  to discuss all bug fix proposals and feature requests. The document
  went through two WG last calls and there is broad consensus on the
  final version.

Document Quality

  Recent versions of the open source pyang implementation support this
  specification. Additional commercial implementations are expected to
  follow soon.

Personnel

   Juergen Schoenwaelder is the document shepherd and Benoit Claise is
   the responsible AD.