Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-blackholing-00.txt> (BLACKHOLE BGP Community for Blackholing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:25:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG
(grow) to consider the following document:
- 'BLACKHOLE BGP Community for Blackholing'
  <draft-ietf-grow-blackholing-00.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the use of a well-known Border Gateway
   Protocol (BGP) community for blackholing at IP networks and Internet
   Exchange Points (IXP).  This well-known advisory transitive BGP
   community, namely BLACKHOLE, allows an origin AS to specify that a
   neighboring IP network or IXP should blackhole a specific IP prefix.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-blackholing/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-blackholing/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.