Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-06.txt> (Parallel NFS (pNFS) SCSI Layout) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:07:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Parallel NFS (pNFS) SCSI Layout'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
   device) for a file.  The SCSI Layout Type is defined in this document
   as an extension to pNFS to allow the use SCSI based block storage
   devices.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.