Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for draft-davie-stt-08

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:50:51 -0700

The IESG has completed a review of draft-davie-stt-08 consistent with
RFC5742.

The IESG recommends that 'A Stateless Transport Tunneling Protocol for
Network Virtualization (STT)' <draft-davie-stt-08.txt> NOT be published
as an Informational RFC.

The IESG has concluded that this document extends an IETF protocol in a
way that requires IETF review and should therefore not be published
without IETF review and IESG approval.

Specifically, this document reuses the IANA-assigned TCP IPv4 Protocol
number/IPv6 Next Header value of "6" for an unrelated protocol.

The IESG would also like the Independent Submissions Editor to review the
comments in the datatracker related to this document and determine
whether or not they merit incorporation into the document. Comments may
exist in both the ballot and the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-davie-stt/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-davie-stt/

The process for such documents is described at
https://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html 

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary