Subject: RFC 7896 on Update to the Include Route Object (IRO) Specification in the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:22:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7896

        Title:      Update to the Include Route 
                    Object (IRO) Specification in the Path 
                    Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) 
        Author:     D. Dhody
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9966
        Updates:    RFC 5440

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-iro-update-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7896

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7896

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) enables
communications between a Path Computation Client (PCC) and a PCE, or
between two PCEs.  RFC 5440 defines the Include Route Object (IRO) to
specify network elements to be traversed in the computed path.  The
specification does not specify if the IRO contains an ordered or
unordered list of subobjects.  During recent discussions, it was
determined that there was a need to define a standard representation
to ensure interoperability.  It was also noted that there is a
benefit in the handling of an attribute of the IRO's subobject, the L
bit.

This document updates RFC 5440 regarding the IRO specification.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC