Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-calext-availability-03.txt> (Calendar Availability) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 07:15:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Calendaring Extensions WG
(calext) to consider the following document:
- 'Calendar Availability'
  <draft-ietf-calext-availability-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a new iCalendar calendar component that
   allows the publication of available and unavailable time periods
   associated with a calendar user.  This component can be used in
   standard iCalendar free-busy lookups, including iTIP free-busy
   requests, to generate repeating blocks of available or busy time with
   exceptions as needed.

   This document also defines extensions to CalDAV calendar-access and
   calendar-auto-schedule which specify how this new calendar component
   can be used when doing free-busy time evaluation in CalDAV.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-availability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-availability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.