Subject: Last Call: <draft-hardy-pdf-mime-02.txt> (The application/pdf Media Type) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 07:15:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The application/pdf Media Type'
  <draft-hardy-pdf-mime-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

<1>
   The Portable Document Format (PDF) is an ISO standard (ISO
   32000-1:2008) defining a final-form document representation language
   in use for document exchange, including on the Internet, since 1993.
   This document provides an overview of the PDF format and updates the
   media type registration of "application/pdf".

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardy-pdf-mime/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardy-pdf-mime/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.