Subject: Protocol Action: 'Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section' to Best Current Practice (draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 15:03:55 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status
Section'
  (draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-03.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
   Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
   including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
   reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to documents
   that have the benefit of running code, which may serve as evidence of
   valuable experimentation and feedback that have made the implemented
   protocols more mature.

   This process is not mandatory.  Authors of Internet-Drafts are
   encouraged to consider using the process for their documents, and
   working groups are invited to think about applying the process to all
   of their protocol specifications.  This document obsoletes RFC 6982,
   advancing it to a Best Current Practice.

Working Group Summary

  This is AD sponsored. It's declaring victory in an experiment.

Document Quality

   This has been used a bunch of times. I didn't count how many.

Personnel
   
   There's no shepherd. (I figured this'd not be controversial in LC 
   which turned out correct.) The responsible AD is Stephen Farrell.