Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-08.txt> (Indicating Exclusive Support of RTP/RTCP Multiplexing using SDP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 07:42:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Indicating Exclusive Support of RTP/RTCP Multiplexing using SDP'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new SDP media-level attribute, 'rtcp-mux-
   only', that can be used by an endpoint to indicate exclusive support
   of RTP/RTCP multiplexing.  The document also updates RFC 5761, by
   clarifying that an offerer can use a mechanism to indicate that it is
   not able to send and receive RTCP on separate ports.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-mux-exclusive/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.