Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-ethertype-request-01.txt> (Assignment of an Ethertype for IPv6 with LoWPAN Encapsulation) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:37:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document:
- 'Assignment of an Ethertype for IPv6 with LoWPAN Encapsulation'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-ethertype-request-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When carried over layer 2 technologies such as Ethernet, IPv6
   datagrams using LoWPAN encapsulation as defined in RFC 4944 must be
   identified so the receiver can correctly interpret the encoded IPv6
   datagram.  This document requests the assignment of an Ethertype for
   that purpose.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ethertype-request/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ethertype-request/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.