Subject: RFC 7902 on Registry and Extensions for P-Multicast Service Interface Tunnel Attribute Flags

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:40:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7902

        Title:      Registry and Extensions for P-Multicast 
                    Service Interface Tunnel Attribute Flags 
        Author:     E. Rosen, T. Morin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14332
        Updates:    RFC 6514

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7902

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7902

The BGP-based control procedures for Multicast Virtual Private
Networks (MVPNs) make use of a BGP attribute known as the
"P-Multicast Service Interface (PMSI) Tunnel" attribute.  The
attribute contains a one-octet "Flags" field.  The purpose of this
document is to establish an IANA registry for the assignment of the
bits in this field.  Since the "Flags" field contains only eight
bits, this document also defines a new BGP Extended Community,
"Additional PMSI Tunnel Attribute Flags", that can be used to carry
additional flags for the "P-Multicast Service Interface (PMSI)
Tunnel" attribute.  This document updates RFC 6514.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC