Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for use in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6485bis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:17:10 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for use in the Resource
   Public Key Infrastructure'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6485bis-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6485bis/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the algorithms, algorithms' parameters,
   asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key size, and signature format for
   the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) subscribers that
   generate digital signatures on certificates, Certificate Revocation
   Lists (CRLs), Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) signed objects and
   certification requests as well as for the relying parties (RPs) that
   verify these digital signatures.

Working Group Summary

  The need for the new version of RFC6485 was identified in the
  working group, and there was wide consensus that it was necessary. 

Document Quality

  There are at least four widely used implementations of the RPKI
  which must implement these cryptographic algorithms.  All already
  support the changes this document makes to RFC6485.  The RPKI
  is in production in all five Regional Internet Registries.

Personnel

  The Document Shepherd is Sandra Murphy.
  The Responsible Area Director is Alvaro Retana