Subject: Call for Comment: <draft-iab-carisreport> (Coordinating Attack Response at Internet Scale (CARIS) Workshop Report)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 08:36:19 -0700

This is an announcement of an IETF-wide Call for Comment on 
draft-iab-carisreport-00.

The document is being considered for publication as an Informational RFC 
within the IAB stream, and is available for inspection at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-carisreport/

The Call for Comment will last until 2016-7-06. Please send comments to
[email-masked] and [email-masked].

Abstract

   The Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the Internet Society (ISOC)
   hosted a day-long Coordinating Attack Response at Internet Scale
   (CARIS) workshop on 18 June 2015 in coordination with the Forum for
   Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) Conference in Berlin.
   The workshop included members of the FIRST community, attack response
   working group representatives, network and security operators,
   Regional Internet Registry (RIR) representatives, researchers,
   vendors, and representatives from standardisation communities.  Key
   goals of the workshop were to improve mutual awareness,
   understanding, and coordination among the diverse participating
   organizations and their representatives.  The workshop also aimed to
   provide the attendees with greater awareness of existing efforts to
   mitigate specific types of attacks, and greater understanding of the
   options available to collaborate and engage with these efforts.