Subject: RFC 7923 on Requirements for Subscription to YANG Datastores

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 10:45:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7923

        Title:      Requirements for Subscription to YANG 
                    Datastores 
        Author:     E. Voit, A. Clemm,
                    A. Gonzalez Prieto
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37630
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7923

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7923

This document provides requirements for a service that allows client
applications to subscribe to updates of a YANG datastore.  Based on
criteria negotiated as part of a subscription, updates will be pushed
to targeted recipients.  Such a capability eliminates the need for
periodic polling of YANG datastores by applications and fills a
functional gap in existing YANG transports (i.e., Network
Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) and RESTCONF).  Such a service can
be summarized as a "pub/sub" service for YANG datastore updates.
Beyond a set of basic requirements for the service, various
refinements are addressed.  These refinements include: periodicity of
object updates, filtering out of objects underneath a requested a
subtree, and delivery QoS guarantees.

This document is a product of the Interface to the Routing System Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC