Subject: RFC 7900 on Extranet Multicast in BGP/IP MPLS VPNs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7900

        Title:      Extranet Multicast in BGP/IP MPLS 
                    VPNs 
        Author:     Y. Rekhter, Ed.,
                    E. Rosen, Ed.,
                    R. Aggarwal, Y. Cai, T. Morin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    none, 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      65
        Characters: 155704
        Updates:    RFC 6513, RFC 6514, RFC 6625

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7900

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7900

Previous RFCs specify the procedures necessary to allow IP multicast
traffic to travel from one site to another within a BGP/MPLS IP VPN
(Virtual Private Network).  However, it is sometimes desirable to
allow multicast traffic whose source is in one VPN to be received by
systems that are in another VPN.  This is known as a "Multicast VPN
(MVPN) extranet".  This document updates RFCs 6513, 6514, and 6625 by
specifying the procedures that are necessary in order to provide
extranet MVPN service.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC