Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3-07.txt> (OSPFv3 over IPv4 for IPv6 Transition) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 13:51:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 over IPv4 for IPv6 Transition'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a mechanism to use IPv4 to transport OSPFv3
   packets.  Using OSPFv3 over IPv4 with the existing OSPFv3 Address
   Family extension can simplify transition from an OSPFv2 IPv4-only
   routing domain to an OSPFv3 dual-stack routing domain.  This document
   updates RFC 5838 to support virtual links in the IPv4 unicast address
   family when using OSPFv3 over IPv4.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.