Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-multi-domain-fs-reqs-08.txt> (Multiple NFSv4 Domain Namespace Deployment Guidelines) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 14:38:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Multiple NFSv4 Domain Namespace Deployment Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-multi-domain-fs-reqs-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses issues relevant to the deployment of the
   NFSv4 protocols in situations allowing for the construction of an
   NFSv4 file namespace supporting the use of multiple NFSv4 domains and
   utilizing multi-domain capable file systems.  Also described are
   constraints on name resolution and security services appropriate to
   the administration of such a system.  Such a namespace is a suitable
   way to enable a Federated File System supporting the use of multiple
   NFSv4 domains.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-multi-domain-fs-reqs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-multi-domain-fs-reqs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.