Subject: BCP 205, RFC 7942 on Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:15:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 205        
        RFC 7942

        Title:      Improving Awareness of Running Code: 
                    The Implementation Status Section 
        Author:     Y. Sheffer, A. Farrel
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17273
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6982
        See Also:   BCP 205

        I-D Tag:    draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7942

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7942

This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to documents
that have the benefit of running code, which may serve as evidence of
valuable experimentation and feedback that have made the implemented
protocols more mature.

This process is not mandatory.  Authors of Internet-Drafts are
encouraged to consider using the process for their documents, and
working groups are invited to think about applying the process to all
of their protocol specifications.  This document obsoletes RFC 6982,
advancing it to a Best Current Practice.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC