Subject: RFC 7931 on NFSv4.0 Migration: Specification Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:46:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7931

        Title:      NFSv4.0 Migration: Specification Update 
        Author:     D. Noveck, Ed.,
                    P. Shivam, C. Lever,
                    B. Baker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                     [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 133838
        Updates:    RFC 7530

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7931

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7931

The migration feature of NFSv4 allows the transfer of responsibility
for a single file system from one server to another without
disruption to clients.  Recent implementation experience has shown
problems in the existing specification for this feature in NFSv4.0.
This document identifies the problem areas and provides revised
specification text that updates the NFSv4.0 specification in RFC
7530.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC