Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-rid-06.txt> (RTP Stream Identifier Source Description (SDES)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 13:52:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Stream Identifier Source Description (SDES)'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-rid-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This document contains a normative reference to RFC 7656,
which is an informational RFC.

Abstract

   This document defines and registers two new RTCP SDES items.  One,
   named RtpStreamId, is used for unique identification of RTP streams.
   The other, RepairedRtpStreamId, can be used to identify which stream
   a redundancy RTP stream is to be used to repair.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7656: A Taxonomy of Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources (Informational - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.