Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-03.txt> (Mobility with TURN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 07:36:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the TURN Revised and Modernized WG
(tram) to consider the following document:
- 'Mobility with TURN'
  <draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   It is desirable to minimize traffic disruption caused by changing IP
   address during a mobility event.  One mechanism to minimize
   disruption is to expose a shorter network path to the mobility event
   so only the local network elements are aware of the changed IP
   address but the remote peer is unaware of the changed IP address.

   This draft provides such an IP address mobility solution using
   Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN).  This is achieved by
   allowing a client to retain an allocation on the TURN server when the
   IP address of the client changes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.