Subject: RFC 7936 on Clarifying Registry Procedures for the WebSocket Subprotocol Name Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 07:01:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7936

        Title:      Clarifying Registry Procedures for the 
                    WebSocket Subprotocol Name Registry 
        Author:     T. Hardie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 4873
        Updates:    RFC 6455

        I-D Tag:    draft-hardie-rfc6455-iana-clarification-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7936

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7936

This document clarifies the instructions to IANA for the subprotocol
registry set up for WebSockets in RFC 6455.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC