Subject: Last Call: <draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-09.txt> (Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 07:47:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics'
  <draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe
   all aspects of the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
   application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing
   using Internet tools and technologies.  This document describes a
   simplified model consisting of abstract objects, their attributes,
   and their operations that is independent of encoding and transport.
   The model consists of several objects including Printers and Jobs.
   Jobs optionally support multiple Documents.  IPP 1.1 semantics allow
   End Users and Operators to query Printer capabilities, submit print
   jobs, inquire about the status of print Jobs and printers, and
   cancel, hold, and release print Jobs.  IPP 1.1 semantics allow
   Operators to pause and resume (Jobs from) Printer objects.  This
   document also addresses security, internationalization, and directory
   issues.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.