Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 over IPv4 for IPv6 Transition' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:13:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 over IPv4 for IPv6 Transition'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-transition-to-ospfv3/

Technical Summary

      This document specifies a mechanism to transport OSPFv3 packets over IPv4
      routing domain using the existing OSPFv3 Address Family extension. It
      simplifies transition from an OSPFv2 IPv4-only routing domain to an
      OSPFv3 dual-stack routing domain. It updates RFC 5838 to support virtual
      links in the IPv4 unicast address family when using OSPFv3 over IPv4.

Working Group Summary

   This document brings in deployment benefit with little change to OSPFv3
     protocol and no impact to IPv4 transport. It received strong support
     for WG acceptance. There has not been any more comments since WGLC. 

Document Quality

   Most questions were raised and addressed during the I.D stage.
      Since then the draft is stable, without changes to the technical
      solution for more than six months.

Personnel

    Wenhu Lu is the Document Shepherd.
      Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.