Subject: RFC 7886 on Advertising Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Discriminators in the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:49:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7886

        Title:      Advertising Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding 
                    Detection (S-BFD) Discriminators in the Layer Two 
                    Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3) 
        Author:     V. Govindan, C. Pignataro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10878
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-sbfd-discriminator-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7886

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7886

This document defines a new Attribute-Value Pair (AVP) that allows
L2TP Control Connection Endpoints (LCCEs) to advertise one or more
Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Discriminator
values using the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol version 3 (L2TPv3).

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC