Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-05.txt> (Security Threats for Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 08:59:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Security Threats for Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)'
  <draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document analyzes security threats of the Simplified Multicast
   Forwarding (SMF), including the vulnerabilities of duplicate packet
   detection and relay set selection mechanisms.  This document is not
   intended to propose solutions to the threats described.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.