Subject: RFC 7932 on Brotli Compressed Data Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 22:17:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7932

        Title:      Brotli Compressed Data Format 
        Author:     J. Alakuijala, Z. Szabadka
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      128
        Characters: 389979
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-alakuijala-brotli-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7932

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7932

This specification defines a lossless compressed data format that
compresses data using a combination of the LZ77 algorithm and Huffman
coding, with efficiency comparable to the best currently available
general-purpose compression methods.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC