Subject: RFC 7880 on Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:48:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7880

        Title:      Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) 
        Author:     C. Pignataro, D. Ward,
                    N. Akiya, M. Bhatia, S. Pallagatti
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 45987
        Updates:    RFC 5880

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-base-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7880

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7880

This document defines Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
(S-BFD), a simplified mechanism for using BFD with a large proportion
of negotiation aspects eliminated, thus providing benefits such as
quick provisioning, as well as improved control and flexibility for
network nodes initiating path monitoring.

This document updates RFC 5880.

This document is a product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC