Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes-10.txt> (Multiplexing Scheme Updates for Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) Extension for Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 01:24:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Multiplexing Scheme Updates for Secure Real-time Transport Protocol
   (SRTP) Extension for Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-06.  Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines how Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS),
   Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP), RTP Control Protocol (RTCP),
   Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN), Traversal Using Relays
   around NAT (TURN), and ZRTP packets are multiplexed on a single
   receiving socket.  It overrides the guidance from RFC 5764 ("SRTP
   Extension for DTLS"), which suffered from four issues described and
   fixed in this document.

   This document updates RFC 5764.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2644/