Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-24.txt> (End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 17:33:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID
WG (insipid) to consider the following document:
- 'End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an end-to-end Session Identifier for use in
   IP-based multimedia communication systems that enables endpoints,
   intermediary devices, and management systems to identify a session
   end-to-end, associate multiple endpoints with a given multipoint
   conference, track communication sessions when they are redirected,
   and associate one or more media flows with a given communication
   session.  While the identifier is intended to work across multiple
   protocols, this document describes its usage in SIP.

   This document also describes a backwards compatibility mechanism for
   an existing session identifier implementation (RFC 7329) that is
   sufficiently different from the procedures defined in this document.

   This document obsoletes RFC 7329.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1453/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2160/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2195/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1716/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2204/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2205/