Subject: Protocol Action: 'ForCES Inter-FE LFB' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-forces-interfelfb-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:18:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'ForCES Inter-FE LFB'
  (draft-ietf-forces-interfelfb-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-interfelfb/

Technical Summary

   This document describes extending the ForCES LFB topology across FEs
   i.e inter-FE connectivity without needing any changes to the ForCES
   specification by defining the Inter-FE LFB.  The Inter-FE LFB
   provides ability to pass data, metadata and exceptions across FEs.
   The document describes a generic way to transport the mentioned
   details but focuses on ethernet transport.

Working Group Summary

This is the last document remaining from the FORCES working group that 
closed over a year ago.  At that time, there was support. 
"The document is straightforward, and there was no difficulty in coming 
to consensus on all points described. There were discussion between a
couple of members of the working group, but all issues have been 
addressed prior to this document being accepted as a working group 
document without any consensus issues. At least one implementation has 
validated the features described in the document.  There were no issues 
reported during the last call and therefore we believe the working group 
is solidly behind this document. "

Document Quality

  There is at least one implementation that has validated the features described
  in the document. At least one vendor has implemented the specification.
  I believe this is the implementation in Linux.
 
Personnel

The Document Shepherd is Evangelos Haleplidis and the Responsible Area Director
  is Alia Atlas.