Subject: RFC 7882 on Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Use Cases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:48:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7882

        Title:      Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) 
                    Use Cases 
        Author:     S. Aldrin, C. Pignataro,
                    G. Mirsky, N. Kumar
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35774
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7882

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7882

This document describes various use cases for Seamless Bidirectional
Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) and provides requirements such that
protocol mechanisms allow for simplified detection of forwarding
failures.

These use cases support S-BFD, which is a simplified mechanism for
using BFD with a large proportion of negotiation aspects eliminated,
accelerating the establishment of a BFD session.  The benefits of
S-BFD include quick provisioning, as well as improved control and
flexibility for network nodes initiating path monitoring.

This document is a product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC