Subject: RFC 7884 on OSPF Extensions to Advertise Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Target Discriminators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7884

        Title:      OSPF Extensions to Advertise Seamless 
                    Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Target 
                    Discriminators 
        Author:     C. Pignataro, M. Bhatia,
                    S. Aldrin, T. Ranganath
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13612
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7884

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7884

This document defines a new OSPF Router Information (RI) TLV that
allows OSPF routers to flood the Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding
Detection (S-BFD) Discriminator values associated with a target
network identifier.  This mechanism is applicable to both OSPFv2 and
OSPFv3.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC