Subject: Planned IETF Maintenance Outage, Friday August 5th

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 15:22:06 -0700

All -

I am planning a maintenance outage for Friday August 5th, in order to
perform physical hardware upgrades, and driver and BIOS updates, on
the IETF primary production server.

I plan to start the upgrade process at 1600 PDT / 1900 EDT / 2300 GMT
on that Friday evening.

During the outage, the IETF main websites, including the IAB and IRTF
sites, the IETF's primary systems and tools, including the Datatracker
and Mailman, and IETF/IAB/IRTF email aliases and lists will be offline
and unavailable.

The RFC-Editor, ISOC Lists, and other AMS-hosted services are
separate, and not a part of this outage.

The Tools servers hosted by Henrik Levkowetz are separate, and not a
part of this outage.

Based on the length of time it took to upgrade identical backup
servers, I expect that the outage will last about 90 minutes.

I will send an additional reminder out roughly 8 hours before starting
the upgrade process.

Thank you in advance for your patience during this process.  As
always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)