Subject: RFC 7927 on Information-Centric Networking (ICN) Research Challenges

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:46:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7927

        Title:      Information-Centric Networking (ICN)
                    Research Challenges 
        Author:     D. Kutscher, Ed.,
                    S. Eum, K. Pentikousis,
                    I. Psaras, D. Corujo,
                    D. Saucez, T. Schmidt,
                    M. Waehlisch
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 97724
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-challenges-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7927

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7927

This memo describes research challenges for Information-Centric
Networking (ICN), an approach to evolve the Internet infrastructure
to directly support information distribution by introducing uniquely
named data as a core Internet principle.  Data becomes independent
from location, application, storage, and means of transportation,
enabling or enhancing a number of desirable features, such as
security, user mobility, multicast, and in-network caching.
Mechanisms for realizing these benefits is the subject of ongoing
research in the IRTF and elsewhere.  This document describes current
research challenges in ICN, including naming, security, routing,
system scalability, mobility management, wireless networking,
transport services, in-network caching, and network management.

This document is a product of the IRTF Information-Centric Networking
Research Group (ICNRG).

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC