Subject: RFC 7917 on Advertising Node Administrative Tags in IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:14:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7917

        Title:      Advertising Node Administrative Tags in 
                    IS-IS 
        Author:     P. Sarkar, Ed.,
                    H. Gredler, S. Hegde,
                    S. Litkowski, B. Decraene
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23344
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-node-admin-tag-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7917

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7917

This document describes an extension to the IS-IS routing protocol to
advertise node administrative tags.  This optional capability allows
tagging and grouping of the nodes in an IS-IS domain.  The node
administrative tags can be used to express and apply locally defined
network policies, thereby providing a very useful operational
capability.  Node administrative tags may be used by either IS-IS
itself or other applications consuming information propagated via
IS-IS.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC