Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDP Extensions for Pseudowire Binding to LSP Tunnels' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 07:02:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LDP Extensions for Pseudowire Binding to LSP Tunnels'
  (draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp/

Technical Summary

Many transport services require that user traffic, in the form of
Pseudowires (PW), be delivered via either a single co-routed
bidirectional tunnel or two unidirectional tunnels that share the
same routes.  This document defines an optional extension to LDP that
enables the binding between PWs and the underlying TE tunnels.  The
extension applies to both single-segment and multi-segment PWs.

Working Group Summary

The working group process was unremarkable.

Document Quality

The document has been well reviewed over time and is of good 
quality.

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Stewart Bryant 
Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard