Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery-08.txt> (TURN Server Auto Discovery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 07:36:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the TURN Revised and Modernized WG
(tram) to consider the following document:
- 'TURN Server Auto Discovery'
  <draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Current Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) server discovery
   mechanisms are relatively static and limited to explicit
   configuration.  These are usually under the administrative control of
   the application or TURN service provider, and not the enterprise,
   ISP, or the network in which the client is located.  Enterprises and
   ISPs wishing to provide their own TURN servers need auto discovery
   mechanisms that a TURN client could use with no or minimal
   configuration.  This document describes three such mechanisms for
   TURN server discovery.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.