Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-mibs-obsolete-01.txt> (Republishing the IPV6-specific MIB modules as obsolete) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 06:57:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Republishing the IPV6-specific MIB modules as obsolete'
  <draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-mibs-obsolete-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In 2005, the IPv6 MIB update group published updated versions of the
   IP-MIB, UDP-MIB, TCP-MIB and IP-FORWARD-MIB modules, which use the
   InetAddressType/InetAddress construct to handle IPv4 and IPv6 in the
   same table.  This document contains versions of the obsoleted
   IPV6-MIB, IPV6-TC, IPV6-ICMP-MIB, IPV6-TCP-MIB and IPV6-UDP-MIB
   modules, for the purpose of updating MIB module repositories.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-mibs-obsolete/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-mibs-obsolete/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.