Subject: RFC 7878 on Session Peering Provisioning (SPP) Protocol over SOAP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:37:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7878

        Title:      Session Peering Provisioning (SPP) Protocol 
                    over SOAP 
        Author:     K. Cartwright, V. Bhatia,
                    J-F. Mule, A. Mayrhofer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      83
        Characters: 145284
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7878

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7878

The Session Peering Provisioning Framework (SPPF) specifies the data
model and the overall structure to provision Session Establishment
Data (SED) into Session Data Registries and SIP Service Provider data
stores.  To utilize this framework, one needs a substrate protocol.
Given that the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) is currently
widely used for messaging between elements of such provisioning
systems, this document specifies the usage of SOAP (via HTTPS) as the
substrate protocol for SPPF.  The benefits include leveraging
prevalent expertise and a higher probability that existing
provisioning systems will be able to easily migrate to using an %SPPF-
based protocol.

This document is a product of the Data for Reachability of Inter/tra-NetworK SIP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC