Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pals-mc-pon-04.txt> (Multi-chassis Passive Optical Network (PON) Protection in MPLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 11:20:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'Multi-chassis Passive Optical Network (PON) Protection in MPLS'
  <draft-ietf-pals-mc-pon-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   MPLS is being deployed deeper into operator networks, often to or
   past the access network node. Separately network access nodes such
   as Passive Optical Network (PON) Optical Line Terminations (OLTs)
   have evolved to support first-mile access protection, where one or
   more physical OLTs provide first-mile diversity to the customer edge.
   Multi-homing support is needed on the MPLS-enabled PON OLT to
   provide resiliency for provided services.  This document describes
   the multi-chassis PON protection architecture in MPLS and also
   specifies the Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP) extension
   to support it.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mc-pon/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mc-pon/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2371/