Subject: RFC 7914 on The scrypt Password-Based Key Derivation Function

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:37:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7914

        Title:      The scrypt Password-Based Key Derivation 
                    Function 
        Author:     C. Percival, S. Josefsson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 29222
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-josefsson-scrypt-kdf-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7914

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7914

This document specifies the password-based key derivation function
scrypt.  The function derives one or more secret keys from a secret
string.  It is based on memory-hard functions, which offer added
protection against attacks using custom hardware.  The document also
provides an ASN.1 schema.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC