Subject: Last Call: <draft-harkins-salted-eap-pwd-06.txt> (Adding Support for Salted Password Databases to EAP-pwd) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:40:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Adding Support for Salted Password Databases to EAP-pwd'
  <draft-harkins-salted-eap-pwd-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   EAP-pwd is an EAP method that uses a shared password for
   authentication using a technique that is resistant to dictionary
   attack.  It included support for raw keys and RFC2751-style double
   hashing of a password but did not include support for salted
   passwords.  There are many existing databases of salted passwords and
   it is desirable to allow their use with EAP-pwd.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-salted-eap-pwd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-salted-eap-pwd/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.