Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-two-part-metric-05.txt> (OSPF Two-part Metric) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 07:42:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPF Two-part Metric'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-two-part-metric-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an optional extension to the OSPF protocol,
   to represent the metric on a multi-access network as two parts: the
   metric from a router to the network, and the metric from the network
   to the router.  The router to router metric would be the sum of the
   two.  This document updates RFC 2328 and RFC 5340.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-two-part-metric/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-two-part-metric/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2287/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend: OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility (None - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.