Subject: Protocol Action: 'RSVP-TE Extensions for Collecting SRLG Information' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 14:43:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RSVP-TE Extensions for Collecting SRLG Information'
  (draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-srlg-collect/

Technical Summary

This document provides extensions for the Resource ReserVation 
Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) to support automatic collection 
of Shared Risk Link Group (SRLG) information for the TE link formed 
by a Label Switched Path (LSP).

Working Group Summary

This document moved from the CCAMP WG to TEAS WG as part of the 
routing WG changes. There was some debate on additional capabilities
though consensus was reached for the basic functionality among the 
working group. A second WG Last Call was needed as substantial
comments were raised by other Area Directorate reviews during
IETF Last Call.  

Document Quality

The base (G)MPLS RSVP protocol has been implemented. The extensions 
defined in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.  
While there have been no public statements on implementation, the 
authors are from multiple vendors, and implementation is expected.
   
Personnel

 Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Vishnu Pavan Beeram
 Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard