Subject: BCP 67, RFC 7957 on DISPATCH-Style Working Groups and the SIP Change Process

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:21:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 67        
        RFC 7957

        Title:      DISPATCH-Style Working Groups and the 
                    SIP Change Process 
        Author:     B. Campbell, Ed.,
                    A. Cooper,
                    B. Leiba
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12097
        Updates:    RFC 5727
        See Also:   BCP 67

        I-D Tag:    draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7957

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7957

RFC 5727 defined several processes for the former Real-time
Applications and Infrastructure (RAI) area.  These processes include
the evolution of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and related
protocols, as well as the operation of the DISPATCH and SIPCORE
working groups.  This document updates RFC 5727 to allow flexibility
for the area and working group structure, while preserving the SIP
change processes.  It also generalizes the DISPATCH working group
processes so that they can be easily adopted by other working groups.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practice for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC