Subject: RFC 7940 on Representing Label Generation Rulesets Using XML

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:05:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7940

        Title:      Representing Label Generation Rulesets Using XML 
        Author:     K. Davies, A. Freytag
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      82
        Characters: 170416
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lager-specification-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7940

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7940

This document describes a method of representing rules for validating
identifier labels and alternate representations of those labels using
Extensible Markup Language (XML).  These policies, known as "Label
Generation Rulesets" (LGRs), are used for the implementation of
Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs), for example.  The rulesets are
used to implement and share that aspect of policy defining which
labels and Unicode code points are permitted for registrations, which
alternative code points are considered variants, and what actions may
be performed on labels containing those variants.

This document is a product of the Label Generation Rules Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition 
of the Official Internet Protocol Standards 
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC