Subject: RFC 7958 on DNSSEC Trust Anchor Publication for the Root Zone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7958

        Title:      DNSSEC Trust Anchor Publication for 
                    the Root Zone 
        Author:     J. Abley, J. Schlyter,
                    G. Bailey, P. Hoffman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 26072
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jabley-dnssec-trust-anchor-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7958

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7958

The root zone of the Domain Name System (DNS) has been
cryptographically signed using DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC).

In order to obtain secure answers from the root zone of the DNS using
DNSSEC, a client must configure a suitable trust anchor.  This
document describes the format and publication mechanisms IANA has
used to distribute the DNSSEC trust anchors.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC