Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-08.txt> (Diffserv-Interconnection classes and practice) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:41:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Diffserv-Interconnection classes and practice'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a limited common set of Diffserv PHBs and
   codepoints (DSCPs) to be applied at (inter)connections of two
   separately administered and operated networks, and explains how this
   approach can simplify network configuration and operation.  Many
   network providers operate MPLS using Treatment Aggregates for traffic
   marked with different Diffserv PHBs, and use MPLS for interconnection
   with other networks.  This document offers a simple interconnection
   approach that may simplify operation of Diffserv for network
   interconnection among providers that use MPLS and apply the Short-
   Pipe tunnel mode.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.