Subject: RFC 7979 on Response to the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) Request for Proposals on the IANA Protocol Parameters Registries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 17:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7979

        Title:      Response to the IANA Stewardship 
                    Transition Coordination Group (ICG) Request for 
                    Proposals on the IANA Protocol Parameters 
                    Registries 
        Author:     E. Lear, Ed.,
                    R. Housley, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 81587
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7979

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7979

The U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration
(NTIA) solicited a request from the Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers (ICANN) to propose how the NTIA should end its
oversight of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
functions.  After broad consultations, ICANN in turn created the IANA
Stewardship Transition Coordination Group.  That group solicited
proposals for the three major IANA functions: names, numbers, and
protocol parameters.  This document contains the IETF response to
that solicitation for protocol parameters.  It was included in an
aggregate response to the NTIA alongside those for names and
numbering resources that are being developed by their respective
operational communities.  A reference to that response may be found
in the introduction, and additional correspondence is included in the
Appendix.

This document is a product of the Planning for the IANA/NTIA Transition Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC