Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-taps-transports-11.txt> (Services provided by IETF transport protocols and congestion control mechanisms) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 06:54:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Services WG (taps) to
consider the following document:
- 'Services provided by IETF transport protocols and congestion control
   mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-taps-transports-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes, surveys, classifies and compares the
   protocol mechanisms provided by existing IETF protocols, as
   background for determining a common set of transport services.  It
   examines the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), Multipath TCP, the
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), the User Datagram
   Protocol (UDP), UDP-Lite, the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol
   (DCCP), the Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), the Realtime
   Transport Protocol (RTP), File Delivery over Unidirectional
   Transport/Asynchronous Layered Coding Reliable Multicast (FLUTE/ALC),
   and NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM), Transport Layer Security
   (TLS), Datagram TLS (DTLS), and the Hypertext Transport Protocol
   (HTTP), when HTTP is used as a pseudotransport.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

Please note that this Last Call period has been extended to accommodate the end of August vacation season.