Subject: Document Action: 'Updates to Private Header (P-Header) Extension Usage in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Requests/Responses' to Informational RFC (draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:13:14 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updates to Private Header (P-Header) Extension Usage in Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) Requests/Responses'
  (draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates-09.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates/

Technical Summary

    draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates fixes misalignments
    that occurred when RFC 7315 updated and obsoleted RFC 3455 
    and also identifies 3GPP use cases that require updates 
    to the P- header field definitions given in RFC 7315. 

Working Group Summary

   The RFC 7315 errata and updates were originally discussed on the 
    sipcore mailing list, but since the work did not fall under 
    sipcore's charter, discussion moved to the dispatch working group.
    Since the draft and the original RFC are 3GPP-centric, it was 
    decided among the sipcore and dispatch chairs and the responsible
    AD to AD-sponsor the draft.  

Document Quality

    There are existing implementations of RFC 7315 and the  
    updates captured in draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates  
    in 3GPP networks. 3GPP TS 24.229 already specifies the P- header 
    field usage that this draft is clarifying for alignment
    and completeness.   

    Reviewers are thanked in the Acknowledgments section. 
    Adam Roach provided the expert review, covered in 
     https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dispatch/nKE8LCMxxU2JHH_0wXyqC6_ud9I .
    Version -06 addressed the review comments. 

Personnel

    Document Shepherd: Jean Mahoney
    Responsible Area Director: Ben Campbell
    Expert Reviewer: Adam Roach