Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-10.txt> (Happy Eyeballs Extension for Multiple Interfaces) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:47:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Happy Eyeballs Extension for Multiple Interfaces'
  <draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo proposes extensions to the Happy Eyeball's algorithm
   requirements defined in RFC6555 for use with the multiple
   provisioning domain architecture.  The Happy Eyeballs in MIF would
   make the selection process smoother by using connectivity tests over
   pre-filtered interfaces according to defined policy.  This would
   choose the best interface with an automatic fallback mechanism.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.