Subject: Protocol Action: 'IS-IS Minimum Remaining Lifetime' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 07:59:22 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS Minimum Remaining Lifetime'
  (draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-remaining-lifetime/

Technical Summary

Corruption of the Remainining Lifetime Field in a Link State PDU can
go undetected.  In certain scenarios this may cause or exacerbate
flooding storms.  It is also a possible denial of service attack
vector.  This document defines a backwards compatible solution to
this problem.

Working Group Summary

 Work progressed smoothly. 

Document Quality

There is at least one implementation with others planned.

Personnel

Shepherd: Christian Hopps
AD: Alia Atlas