Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12.txt> (Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 10:58:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).'
  <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g. stock market data providers), network
   performance criteria (e.g. latency) are becoming as critical to data
   path selection as other metrics and constraints.  These metrics are
   associated with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between customers
   and service providers.  The link bandwidth utilization (the total
   bandwidth of a link in current use for the forwarding) is another
   important factor to consider during path computation.

   IGP Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric extensions describe mechanisms
   with which network performance information is distributed via OSPF
   and IS-IS respectively.  The Path Computation Element Communication
   Protocol (PCEP) provides mechanisms for Path Computation Elements
   (PCEs) to perform path computations in response to Path Computation
   Clients (PCCs) requests.  This document describes the extension to
   PCEP to carry latency, delay variation, packet loss and link
   bandwidth utilization as constraints for end to end path computation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce: PCEP Extensions for Stateful PCE (None - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.