Subject: Protocol Action: 'Measurement of Round Trip Time and Fractional Loss Using STUN' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 07:01:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Measurement of Round Trip Time and Fractional Loss Using STUN'
  (draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a mechanism for an endpoint to discover the path
   characteristics using Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) messages.
   The measurement information can then be used to influence the endpoint's
   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) candidate pair selection
   algorithm.

Working Group Summary

  The proces for this document was straightforward. No controversy, good
  discussion, easy consensus. Strong consensus from the whole working group.

Document Quality

  Web browser vendors have participated actively in the discussion with usage by
  their WebRTC implementation in mind.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
  Responsible Area Director: Spencer Dawkins