Subject: RFC 7965 on LDP Extensions for Pseudowire Binding to Label Switched Path (LSP) Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7965

        Title:      LDP Extensions for Pseudowire Binding 
                    to Label Switched Path (LSP) Tunnels 
        Author:     M. Chen, W. Cao,
                    A. Takacs, P. Pan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 38557
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7965

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7965

Many transport services require that user traffic, in the form of
Pseudowires (PWs), be delivered via either a single co-routed
bidirectional tunnel or two unidirectional tunnels that share the
same routes.  This document defines an optional extension to the
Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) that enables the binding between
PWs and the underlying Traffic Engineering (TE) tunnels.  The
extension applies to both single-segment and multi-segment PWs.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC