Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-13.txt> (Guidelines for HTTP-to-CoAP Mapping Implementations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 06:50:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments
WG (core) to consider the following document:
- 'Guidelines for HTTP-to-CoAP Mapping Implementations'
  <draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides reference information for implementing a
   cross-protocol network proxy that performs translation from the HTTP
   protocol to the CoAP protocol.  This will enable a HTTP client to
   access resources on a CoAP server through the proxy.  This document
   describes how a HTTP request is mapped to a CoAP request, and then
   how a CoAP response is mapped back to a HTTP response.  This includes
   guidelines for URI mapping, media type mapping and additional proxy
   implementation issues.  This document covers the Reverse, Forward and
   Interception cross-protocol proxy cases.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-http-mapping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-http-mapping/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.