Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-26.txt> (End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 05:15:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID
WG (insipid) to consider the following document:
- 'End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-26.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is a shortened second last call to consider a normative reference to
an informational RFC that has been added as a result of comments from
the initial last call. The referenced informational RFC is RFC7206

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an end-to-end Session Identifier for use in
   IP-based multimedia communication systems that enables endpoints,
   intermediary devices, and management systems to identify a session
   end-to-end, associate multiple endpoints with a given multipoint
   conference, track communication sessions when they are redirected,
   and associate one or more media flows with a given communication
   session.  While the identifier is intended to work across multiple
   protocols, this document describes its usage in SIP.

   This document also describes a backwards compatibility mechanism for
   an existing session identifier implementation (RFC 7329) that is
   sufficiently different from the procedures defined in this document.

   This document obsoletes RFC 7329.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1453/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2160/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2195/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1716/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2204/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2205/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7206: Requirements for an End-to-End Session Identification in IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks (Informational - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.