Subject: RFC 7946 on The GeoJSON Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 17:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7946

        Title:      The GeoJSON Format 
        Author:     H. Butler, M. Daly,
                    A. Doyle, S. Gillies,
                    S. Hagen, T. Schaub
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 49143
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geojson-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7946

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7946

GeoJSON is a geospatial data interchange format based on JavaScript
Object Notation (JSON).  It defines several types of JSON objects and
the manner in which they are combined to represent data about
geographic features, their properties, and their spatial extents.
GeoJSON uses a geographic coordinate reference system, World Geodetic
System 1984, and units of decimal degrees.

This document is a product of the Geographic JSON Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC